04 Dec 2005 12:08:15
healthynutritionguy
Energy Drinks

Anyone into energy drinks has found that many companies advertise their
so-called products as "Energy Drinks". I've found that many of
them lack for better terms energy beyond the inclusion of sugars and
unhealthy carbs.

So what is the hype about? Well, the truth is, we are now a society
that is mostly passive in nature and very inactive in terms of physical
fitness and health. People are looking for that "extra" boost in
the mid-day to quell their "over fed" tummies from lunch. Looking
at many restaurants' menus, very few share their calorie information
openly. This is mostly due to their "platters" having sometimes up
to 2000 calories for one meal, and most of them are over 1500 calories
for one meal. The consistence of carbs in the meals render a person
completely out of energy come 2pm...thus why people are seeking that
"BOOST"

I've tried several products to include Red Bull, Gatorade, Liftoff
(Herbalife), and several others not worth mentioning. The only drinks
that we found healthy alternatives were Red Bull and Liftoff
(Herbalife). Both these drinks provided an uplift of energy that was
not caused by a "sugar" rush.

Beyond energy, some drinks provided added benefits. One of these was
Liftoff by Herbalife. This product is packed with natural herbs and
vitamins which not only provide one with energy, but also with mental
focus! How do you get mental focus out of a drink? Well, Herbalife's
proprietary blend of ingredients actually does that.

You will find pro volleyball athletes sponsored by this drink. Elaine
Young for instance admits that her performance in this past summer's
tournaments were attributed by her use of Liftoff.

Get more information about Liftoff at:
http://www.getliftoffnow.com/thenutrishopand
http://www.thenutrishop.com/Herbalife_Liftoff_p/h3151.htm

Tony
Independent Distributor

.=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.
Empowering NetMarketers Since 1998
http://www.mlmtraining.net/gencash
.=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.

04 Dec 2005 12:43:37
Mark Thorson
Re: Energy Drinks

healthynutritionguy wrote:

> Beyond energy, some drinks provided added benefits. One of these
> was Liftoff by Herbalife. This product is packed with natural
> herbs and vitamins which not only provide one with energy, but
> also with mental focus! How do you get mental focus out of a
> drink? Well, Herbalife's proprietary blend of ingredients
> actually does that.

No, it's caffeine. This stuff is packed with
caffeine, which is responsible for the effects
you feel. It's a drug effect.

Here's a news item about the death of the founder of
Herbalife, at age 44. Those herbs sure did him a lot
of good!

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife05.html
http://www.rickross.com/reference/herbalife/herbalife9.html

And here's two link pages to lots of information about
Herbalife -- information that the Herbalife salespeople
don't want you to know:

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
http://www.rickross.com/groups/herbalife.html

And here's a ton of consumer complaints about Herbalife:

http://www.ftc.gov/foia/herbalife.pdf

Warning -- this is a 97-page PDF file.

05 Dec 2005 05:00:03
healthynutritionguy
Re: Energy Drinks

I've seen all the above web pages...none have any new information worth
mentioning concerning Herbalife. As a matter of fact the team of
scientists and nutritionists that are employed by Herbalife now are
superior in many ways to the average scientist who works for other well
known supplement companies.

The claims made on the above website are old news.

More importantly, Herbalife's current CEO is not like the rest, you are
presently witnessing the rebirth of a company....

In terms of caffeine, you are right. Liftoff has alot of caffeine in
it, as with many other energy drinks. Ones sensitivity to that must be
recognized. However, the product also has many other helpful
ingredients which facilitate energy production.

I'll also question your over-emphasis on the founder's death at age 44.
I did not however observe any mention that his parents died young
also...perhaps a genetic problem before anything else?

I will mention that there has been and are still distributors who are
bad representatives of the company's ethos. Like with any sales based
industry...haven't you been told about a product before and promised
that this or that will happen? Perception of these promise destroys
the good first.

I'm not about to give you promises, nor will I tell you Herbalife is
the solution to all in life. But, before taking supplements from other
companies...I would strongly recommend that you look at other
alternatives.....Herbalife.

Find more info on Herbalife at:

http://www.thenutrishop.com
http://thenutrishop.blogspot.com

You can become an Herbalife Distributor at:
http://www.thenutrishop.com/Herbalife_work_from_home_business_opportunity_s/25.htm

Tony
Independent Distributor

.=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.
Empowering NetMarketers Since 1998
http://www.mlmtraining.net/gencash
.=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.

05 Dec 2005 07:43:29
Mark Thorson
Re: Energy Drinks

healthynutritionguy wrote:

> I've seen all the above web pages...none have any
> new information worth mentioning concerning Herbalife.

You want some newer stuff? No problem!
Thanks for asking!

Here's one about how easy it is to sell Herbalife:
http://www.cockeyed.com/workfromhome/selling_herbalife.html

And another on the great people you'll meet:
http://brian.carnell.com/archives/years/2002/03/000046.html

Oooh! Lawsuit! Don't want that!
http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/herbalawsuit.htm

This guy doesn't seem to like Herbalife. Ask him why!
http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/rants/herbalifescam.html

05 Dec 2005 12:58:07
healthynutritionguy
Re: Energy Drinks

Again, nothing seems new here all several years old, I think the newest
stuff being 2002 from what I saw. Hey we're almost 2006!

But like I had mentioned earlier, ...
[Quote] "I will mention that there has been and are still distributors
who are bad representatives of the company's ethos. Like with any
sales based industry..."haven't you been told about a product before
and promised that this or that will happen?" Perception of these
promise destroys the good first."

One distributor selling a scam doesn't make everyone, nor a company a
scam. The company is legitimate, most distributors are honest
salespeople earning an honest living. Just like any job in any
industry....only a few make it to the top and earn more than the rest.

Herbalife as a business is for some people, and definately not for all.
I think that applies to anything in life.

Regarding the sales, etc. I am at World Team status, did not purchase
ANY inventory to make it to supervisor. A few months ago, I had spoken
to an individual who was considering becoming a distributor. She had
talked to someone else (another distributor) who had recommended to her
to invest in inventory right away for a greater discount up front. She
must have fell for the trap cause I never heard from her again. I'm
completely against such an investment unless you have
1. The cash flow to support it
2. A KNOWN customer base already there for you to sell to.

This is nothing more than simple business financing.

So why do I sell Herbalife? I certainly don't have to...I have an MBA
from BU. I do it because I enjoy the interaction with others, I
believe in the products and in the company's sincere goals.

Good luck in your endeavors my friend...I have nothing more to say to
you.

Find more info on Herbalife at:

http://www.thenutrishop.com
http://thenutrishop.blogspot.com

You can become an Herbalife Distributor at:
http://www.thenutrishop.com/Herbalife_work_from_home_business_opportu...

Tony
Independent Distributor

.=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.
Empowering NetMarketers Since 1998
http://www.mlmtraining.net/gencash
.=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.

05 Dec 2005 17:56:24
Mark Thorson
Re: Energy Drinks

healthynutritionguy (Anthony Loignon) wrote:

> Again, nothing seems new here all several years old, I think the newest
> stuff being 2002 from what I saw. Hey we're almost 2006!

I haven't got anything from 2006, but stay tuned!
I didn't realize there was so much interest in
getting this information out into the newsgroups.
Thanks for getting it started!

The most recent stuff I've got is this, filed by
Herbalife less than a month ago. See the original
document here:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1180262/000095012905010672/v13806e10vq.htm

Herbalife International and certain of its distributors
have been named as defendants in a purported class action
lawsuit filed July 16, 2003 in the Circuit Court of Ohio
County in the State of West Virginia (Mey v. Herbalife
International, Inc., et al). The complaint alleges that
certain telemarketing practices of certain Herbalife
International distributors violate the Telephone Consumer
Protection Act, or TCPA, and seeks to hold Herbalife
International vicariously liable for the practices of
its distributors. More specifically, the plaintiffs’
complaint alleges that several of Herbalife International’s
distributors used pre-recorded telephone messages and
autodialers to contact prospective customers in violation
of the TCPA’s prohibition of such practices. Herbalife
International’s distributors are independent contractors
and, if any such distributors in fact violated the TCPA,
they also violated Herbalife’s policies, which require
its distributors to comply with all applicable federal,
state and local laws. The Company believes that it has
meritorious defenses to the suit.

Herbalife International and certain of its independent
distributors have been named as defendants in a purported
class action lawsuit filed February 17, 2005 in the
Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco,
and served on Herbalife International on March 14, 2005
(Minton v. Herbalife International, et al). The case has
been transferred to the Los Angeles County Superior Court.
The plaintiff is challenging the marketing practices of
certain Herbalife International independent distributors
and Herbalife International under various state laws
prohibiting “endless chain schemes,” insufficient
disclosure in assisted marketing plans, unfair and
deceptive business practices, and fraud and deceit.
The plaintiff alleges that the Freedom Group system
operated by certain independent distributors of Herbalife
International products places too much emphasis on
recruiting and encourages excessively large purchases
of product and promotional materials by distributors.
The plaintiff also alleges that Freedom Group pressured
distributors to disseminate misleading promotional
materials. The plaintiff seeks to hold Herbalife
International vicariously liable for the actions of its
independent distributors and is seeking damages and
injunctive relief. The Company believes that it has
meritorious defenses to the suit.

In February 2005, Herbalife voluntarily elected to
temporarily withdraw its Sesame & Herb tablet product
from the Israeli market. This product, which has been
on the market since 1989, is sold only in Israel.
Herbalife’s voluntary decision to temporarily withdraw
this product accompanied the initiation of a review
by the Israeli Ministry of Health (the “Israel MOH”) of
a small number of anecdotal case reports of individuals
having liver dysfunction who had also consumed Herbalife
products. Herbalife scientists and medical doctors are
closely cooperating with the Israel MOH to facilitate
this ongoing review. In May 2005, the Israel MOH issued
a press release stating that although their investigation
was continuing, no causal link has been shown between
the consumption of Herbalife products and liver function
abnormalities. In addition, the Israel MOH requested
that individuals consuming or intending to consume
Herbalife products obtain liver function tests before
and one month after beginning their use, and that persons
with liver function disorders refrain from consuming
dietary supplements. Independent analysis of Herbalife’s
Israeli products has confirmed that Herbalife products
do not contain any substances indicated by the Israel MOH
as being of concern in relation to this small number of
reported cases of liver dysfunction. The Company believes
that Herbalife products are not the cause of these few
reported anecdotal cases of liver dysfunction.