17 Jan 2005 23:28:37
Alan S. Wales
AJ Pierzynski Story that Explains A Lot

Why was AJ Pierzynski released by the Giants after only one season after they
traded Joe Nathan and two other pitchers to get him last year?

From the San Francisco Chronicle:

No class whatsoever

One of those now-it-can-be-told stories the White Sox, A.J. Pierzynski's new
employer, surely haven't heard: During a Giants exhibition game last spring,
Pierzynski took a shot to his, shall we say, private parts. Trainer Stan Conte
rushed to the scene, placed his hands on Pierzynski's shoulders in a reassuring
way, and asked how it felt. "Like this," said Pierzynski, viciously delivering
a knee to Conte's groin. It was a real test of professionalism for the enraged
Conte, who vowed to ignore Pierzynski for the rest of the season until Conte
realized how that would look. The incident went unreported because all of the
beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the clubhouse, but it
was corroborated by a half-dozen eyewitnesses who could hardly believe their
eyes. Said one source, as reliable as they come: "There is absolutely no doubt
that it happened."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/01/15/SPG6
IAQNH81.DTL

--
"When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the pros get their power!
http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm

18 Jan 2005 08:56:28
Wunnuy
Re: AJ Pierzynski Story that Explains A Lot

Alan S. Wales wrote:
> Why was AJ Pierzynski released by the Giants after only one season
after they
> traded Joe Nathan and two other pitchers to get him last year?
>
> From the San Francisco Chronicle:
>
> No class whatsoever
>
> One of those now-it-can-be-told stories the White Sox, A.J.
Pierzynski's new
> employer, surely haven't heard: During a Giants exhibition game last
spring,
> Pierzynski took a shot to his, shall we say, private parts. Trainer
Stan Conte
> rushed to the scene, placed his hands on Pierzynski's shoulders in a
reassuring
> way, and asked how it felt. "Like this," said Pierzynski, viciously
delivering
> a knee to Conte's groin. It was a real test of professionalism for
the enraged
> Conte, who vowed to ignore Pierzynski for the rest of the season
until Conte
> realized how that would look. The incident went unreported because
all of the
> beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the
clubhouse, but it
> was corroborated by a half-dozen eyewitnesses who could hardly
believe their
> eyes. Said one source, as reliable as they come: "There is absolutely
no doubt
> that it happened."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/01/15/SPG6
> IAQNH81.DTL

Geesh, if that's story true, which it is really hard to believe, I hope
that guy's career goes in the toilet.

18 Jan 2005 22:35:21
Tom MacIntyre
Re: AJ Pierzynski Story that Explains A Lot

On 17 Jan 2005 23:28:37 GMT, powrwrap@aol.compost (Alan S. Wales)
wrote:

>Why was AJ Pierzynski released by the Giants after only one season after they
>traded Joe Nathan and two other pitchers to get him last year?
>
>From the San Francisco Chronicle:
>
>No class whatsoever
>
>One of those now-it-can-be-told stories the White Sox, A.J. Pierzynski's new
>employer, surely haven't heard: During a Giants exhibition game last spring,
>Pierzynski took a shot to his, shall we say, private parts. Trainer Stan Conte
>rushed to the scene, placed his hands on Pierzynski's shoulders in a reassuring
>way, and asked how it felt. "Like this," said Pierzynski, viciously delivering
>a knee to Conte's groin. It was a real test of professionalism for the enraged
>Conte, who vowed to ignore Pierzynski for the rest of the season until Conte
>realized how that would look. The incident went unreported because all of the
>beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the clubhouse, but it
>was corroborated by a half-dozen eyewitnesses who could hardly believe their
>eyes. Said one source, as reliable as they come: "There is absolutely no doubt
>that it happened."
>
>http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/01/15/SPG6
>IAQNH81.DTL

I was always told when I was a kid that when one took a shot like that
one should rub it until it feels better. I wonder if that would've
looked better than what actually happened? :-)

Tom

18 Jan 2005 22:56:12
Realto Margarino
Re: AJ Pierzynski Story that Explains A Lot

Tom MacIntyre <tom__macintyre@hotmail.com > trolled:
> On 17 Jan 2005 23:28:37 GMT, powrwrap@aol.compost (Alan S. Wales)
> wrote:
>
>>Why was AJ Pierzynski released by the Giants after only one season after they
>>traded Joe Nathan and two other pitchers to get him last year?
>>
>>From the San Francisco Chronicle:
>>
>>No class whatsoever
>>
>>One of those now-it-can-be-told stories the White Sox, A.J.
>>Pierzynski's new employer, surely haven't heard: During a Giants
>>exhibition game last spring, Pierzynski took a shot to his, shall
>>we say, private parts. Trainer Stan Conte rushed to the scene,
>>placed his hands on Pierzynski's shoulders in a reassuring way,
>>and asked how it felt. "Like this," said Pierzynski, viciously
>>delivering a knee to Conte's groin. It was a real test of
>>professionalism for the enraged Conte, who vowed to ignore
>>Pierzynski for the rest of the season until Conte realized how
>>that would look. The incident went unreported because all of the
>>beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the
>>clubhouse, but it was corroborated by a half-dozen eyewitnesses
>>who could hardly believe their eyes. Said one source, as reliable
>>as they come: "There is absolutely no doubt that it happened."
>>
>>http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/01/15/SPG6IAQNH81.DTL
>
> I was always told when I was a kid that when one took a shot like
> that one should rub it until it feels better. I wonder if that
> would've looked better than what actually happened? :-)

Maybe the trainer tried to make Pierzynski feel better and the
latter took offense.

cordially, as always,

rm

18 Jan 2005 17:10:33
Re: AJ Pierzynski Story that Explains A Lot

>I was always told when I was a kid that when one took a shot like
that
>one should rub it until it feels better.
That advice is nuts....

19 Jan 2005 21:46:39
Tom MacIntyre

On 18 Jan 2005 17:10:33 -0800, artyw2@yahoo.com wrote:

>>I was always told when I was a kid that when one took a shot like
>that
>>one should rub it until it feels better.
>That advice is nuts....

<BG >

Tom