28 Apr 2005 10:11:57
s_knight8
Qyntel's lawyer sues him

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1114682532
276130.xml&coll=7

The lawyer who represented Qyntel Woods during dogfighting allegations is
now suing the former Blazers player.

Stephen A. Houze, who represented Woods during the dogfighting and animal
abuse allegations against the NBA player last year, has filed suit against
Woods for nonpayment of fees.

Houze filed suit in Multnomah County Circuit court Tuesday, alleging that
Woods has not paid him for costs incurred while Woods was being
investigated. Houze is asking for full payment of fees, plus interest and
any other attorney fees.

Woods, 24, was waived by the Blazers after he pleaded guilty to one count of
animal abuse in the first degree Jan. 21. He was sentenced to 12 months'
probation and 80 hours of community service. He also pledged to donate
$10,000 to the Oregon Humane Society.

Houze and Woods' attorney, Raymond Brothers, could not be reached for
comment.

The Blazers used their first-round pick (21st overall) to select the
6-foot-8, 221-pound swingman out of Northeast Mississippi Community College
in the 2002 NBA draft. Woods appeared in 115 games for the Blazers,
averaging 3.1 points and 1.6 rebounds.

Woods was claimed off waivers by the Miami Heat on Jan. 26. He appeared in
three games, averaging 3.3 points and two rebounds in 13.3 minutes a game.

In a related matter, an automobile leased by Woods was repossessed in
February. Woods' 2003 BMW 745 IL was repossessed after he defaulted on the
lease agreement, according to paperwork from BMW Financial Services. The car
was repossessed Feb. 1 after Woods failed to maintain lease payments and the
required insurance. Woods owed $64,046.83 on the car before it was
repossessed.

28 Apr 2005 18:13:25
sinistersteve
Re: Qyntel's lawyer sues him

A lawyer who takes on a client who couldn't even afford (or responsible) to
get car insurance and a drivers license. Not sure who the idiot is here.

"s_knight8" <s_knight8nospam@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1114682532
> 276130.xml&coll=7
>
> The lawyer who represented Qyntel Woods during dogfighting allegations is
> now suing the former Blazers player.
>
> Stephen A. Houze, who represented Woods during the dogfighting and animal
> abuse allegations against the NBA player last year, has filed suit against
> Woods for nonpayment of fees.
>
> Houze filed suit in Multnomah County Circuit court Tuesday, alleging that
> Woods has not paid him for costs incurred while Woods was being
> investigated. Houze is asking for full payment of fees, plus interest and
> any other attorney fees.
>

> Woods, 24, was waived by the Blazers after he pleaded guilty to one count
> of
> animal abuse in the first degree Jan. 21. He was sentenced to 12 months'
> probation and 80 hours of community service. He also pledged to donate
> $10,000 to the Oregon Humane Society.
>
> Houze and Woods' attorney, Raymond Brothers, could not be reached for
> comment.
>
> The Blazers used their first-round pick (21st overall) to select the
> 6-foot-8, 221-pound swingman out of Northeast Mississippi Community
> College
> in the 2002 NBA draft. Woods appeared in 115 games for the Blazers,
> averaging 3.1 points and 1.6 rebounds.
>
> Woods was claimed off waivers by the Miami Heat on Jan. 26. He appeared in
> three games, averaging 3.3 points and two rebounds in 13.3 minutes a game.
>
> In a related matter, an automobile leased by Woods was repossessed in
> February. Woods' 2003 BMW 745 IL was repossessed after he defaulted on the
> lease agreement, according to paperwork from BMW Financial Services. The
> car
> was repossessed Feb. 1 after Woods failed to maintain lease payments and
> the
> required insurance. Woods owed $64,046.83 on the car before it was
> repossessed.

28 Apr 2005 18:58:02
Terraholm
Re: Qyntel's lawyer sues him

sinistersteve wrote:
> A lawyer who takes on a client who couldn't even afford (or
> responsible) to get car insurance and a drivers license. Not sure who
> the idiot is here.

Houze is not an idiot, he knows how to get his money, besides...look what he
has done for Damon...

--
Laurel T
"Quite honestly we have had players on our teams before

29 Apr 2005 17:28:31
sinistersteve
Re: Qyntel's lawyer sues him

"Terraholm" <terraholm_SpamNot_@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> sinistersteve wrote:
>> A lawyer who takes on a client who couldn't even afford (or
>> responsible) to get car insurance and a drivers license. Not sure who
>> the idiot is here.
>
> Houze is not an idiot, he knows how to get his money, besides...look what
> he has done for Damon...

I'm sure he will get his money, I just find it amazing that Woods not paying
his bills is newsworthy.

29 Apr 2005 17:52:07
Terraholm
Re: Qyntel's lawyer sues him

sinistersteve wrote:
> "Terraholm" <terraholm_SpamNot_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> sinistersteve wrote:
>>> A lawyer who takes on a client who couldn't even afford (or
>>> responsible) to get car insurance and a drivers license. Not sure
>>> who the idiot is here.
>>
>> Houze is not an idiot, he knows how to get his money, besides...look
>> what he has done for Damon...
>>

> I'm sure he will get his money, I just find it amazing that Woods not
> paying his bills is newsworthy.

Miles having to go back to a gas station because they screwed up his card
was a week long story for canzano...

--
Laurel T
If stupidity got us into this mess,

29 Apr 2005 18:00:38
Blazer Fan Dan
Re: Qyntel's lawyer sues him

sinistersteve wrote:
> "Terraholm" <terraholm_SpamNot_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > sinistersteve wrote:
> >> A lawyer who takes on a client who couldn't even afford (or
> >> responsible) to get car insurance and a drivers license. Not sure
who
> >> the idiot is here.
> >
> > Houze is not an idiot, he knows how to get his money,
besides...look what
> > he has done for Damon...
> >

> I'm sure he will get his money, I just find it amazing that Woods not
paying
> his bills is newsworthy.

anything that makes the blazers look bad, by proxy or not, is
"newsworthy" according to the media here.

01 May 2005 10:19:10
Jon
Re: Qyntel's lawyer sues him

> anything that makes the blazers look bad, by proxy or not, is
> "newsworthy" according to the media here.

Speaking of which, did you see the news story about "former Blazer Shawn
Kemp" being arrested on drug charges. Not former supersonic, or where ever
the hell else he went. The oregonian never fails to take a shot at the
home team.

01 May 2005 10:58:11
sinistersteve
Re: Qyntel's lawyer sues him

Didn't he get busted for possessing 60 grams? Not like it had to be
something simple like a dime-bag or something.

"Jon" <jonbaker@qwest.net > wrote in message

>> anything that makes the blazers look bad, by proxy or not, is
>> "newsworthy" according to the media here.
>
> Speaking of which, did you see the news story about "former Blazer Shawn
> Kemp" being arrested on drug charges. Not former supersonic, or where
> ever the hell else he went. The oregonian never fails to take a shot at
> the home team.

01 May 2005 18:05:47
D. Gerasimatos
Re: Qyntel's lawyer sues him

In article <jc8de.12$wu5.1358@news.uswest.net >, Jon <jonbaker@qwest.net> wrote:

>Speaking of which, did you see the news story about "former Blazer Shawn
>Kemp" being arrested on drug charges. Not former supersonic, or where ever
>the hell else he went. The oregonian never fails to take a shot at the
>home team.

Well, if it is an Oregon newspaper then it makes sense to relate how the
guy is connected to Oregon. The LA Times would not talk about 'former
Orlando Magic player Shaquille O'Neal', 'former Texas Ranger Nolan
Ryan', or 'former Phoenix Sun Robert Horry' when they played here on local
teams.

Dimitri

01 May 2005 15:06:15
Blazer Fan Dan
Re: Qyntel's lawyer sues him

Jon wrote:

> > anything that makes the blazers look bad, by proxy or not, is
> > "newsworthy" according to the media here.
>
> Speaking of which, did you see the news story about "former Blazer
Shawn
> Kemp" being arrested on drug charges. Not former supersonic, or
where ever
> the hell else he went. The oregonian never fails to take a shot at
the
> home team.

I saw that, but I also saw another article (based out of Seattle) where
he's reffered to as "former Sonic" who "also played for Portland".

As much as I want to say that the media has it out for us, I think it's
just our local media (oregonian) altering it so it has an official
"Portland" slant.