11 Sep 2004 12:28:26
Bob Johnson
Efren's cue

Either Efren had his new cue made to look like his old cue, or he's using
the Judd at the U.S. Open.

Looks like Deuel's relationship with 5280 Cues/Cuestix International must
have ended. What the hell is a Woodpecker Cue? He very intentionally
plugged it in the first interview where he and Wyche did two versions of the
same interview using ESPN2 microphones and generic ones.

--
Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.
bobj@cris.com

12 Sep 2004 14:02:04
Smorgass Bored
Re: Efren's cue

>Subject: Efren's cue
>From: "Bob Johnson" bobj@cris.com

>Either Efren had his new cue made to look like his old cue, or he's using
>the Judd at the U.S. Open.

>--
>Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.
>bobj@cris.com

All the pros play with a special cue.
Are you dums as a box of rocks or what.

Now please kill yourself.

Oy-Vey ! NEXT,

Doug
~ >*(((><)))*<~

13 Sep 2004 23:24:39
Ken Bour
Re: Efren's cue

I don't know what cue Efren was using, so I can't comment on that question.

From Corey Deuel's own lips, he was out playing golf one day and heard the
sound of a woodpecker and decided to name his cue brand after that bird --
and I'm not making this up.

While at the US Open, I heard a rumor that Jacoby was making the Woodpecker
cues for Corey, so I asked him about it. He confirmed that he builds them
to Corey's specs. It's Corey's company, his own marketing concept, and cue
designs.

Ken Bour

"Bob Johnson" <bobj@cris.com > wrote in message
> Either Efren had his new cue made to look like his old cue, or he's using
> the Judd at the U.S. Open.
>
> Looks like Deuel's relationship with 5280 Cues/Cuestix International must
> have ended. What the hell is a Woodpecker Cue? He very intentionally
> plugged it in the first interview where he and Wyche did two versions of
the
> same interview using ESPN2 microphones and generic ones.
>
> --
> Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.
> bobj@cris.com

13 Sep 2004 22:30:41
Bob Johnson
Re: Efren's cue

It seems that Corey has always been a rather "traditional cue" kind of
player, so that would make some sense. Dave Jacoby builds a very solid,
traditional kind of cue, much like a Jerry Pechauer or Dan Janes. There
seems to be a lot of integrity in his cues.

BTW, has anyone else noticed something else that all 3 of the aforementioned
makers have in common? All 3 patriarchs have been joined in the business by
their sons! I'm not sure exactly what, but I think that says something
good!

Looking at the photos of Efren in Chesapeake, there's little doubt he was
playing with the Judd again.

--
Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.
bobj@cris.com

"Ken Bour" <ken.bour@verizon.net > wrote in message
> I don't know what cue Efren was using, so I can't comment on that
question.

> From Corey Deuel's own lips, he was out playing golf one day and heard the
> sound of a woodpecker and decided to name his cue brand after that bird --
> and I'm not making this up.
>
> While at the US Open, I heard a rumor that Jacoby was making the
Woodpecker
> cues for Corey, so I asked him about it. He confirmed that he builds them
> to Corey's specs. It's Corey's company, his own marketing concept, and
cue
> designs.
>
> Ken Bour
>

> "Bob Johnson" <bobj@cris.com> wrote in message
> > Either Efren had his new cue made to look like his old cue, or he's
using
> > the Judd at the U.S. Open.
> >
> > Looks like Deuel's relationship with 5280 Cues/Cuestix International
must
> > have ended. What the hell is a Woodpecker Cue? He very intentionally
> > plugged it in the first interview where he and Wyche did two versions of
> the
> > same interview using ESPN2 microphones and generic ones.
> >
> > --
> > Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.
> > bobj@cris.com

14 Sep 2004 03:29:45
Jim Wyant
Re: Efren's cue

And that explains whe the CueStix people are so happy with him.

--Jim