09 Jul 2005 11:24:21
Ronny Bailey
George SanSouci

I watch billiards on ESPN a lot, but I've never heard of this guy.
They showed him winning the '99 BCA U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship and he
played very well.
At the end of the show the announcer mentioned he was going in 'for a little
bit of surgery'.
Tried to find out something about him on the internet but there's no mention
of him after that.
What's the story?

Ronny Bailey
Lufkin, TX

http://www.newsfeeds.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups

Dana Bufalo
Re: George SanSouci

> What's the story?

I watched George "Ginky" SanSouci play in numerous events here in New
England over the years.., He was truly world class and always a gentlemen..,
I know he still plays but rarely competes in tournaments.., I'm not sure
why...

For more on Ginky you can check out his AzBilliards Player Profile at
http://www.azbilliards.com/thepros/2000showplayer2005.cfm?playernum=189and
be sure to read Ted Harris' George San Souci Player Profile on that same
page.

09 Jul 2005 12:17:32
Patrick Johnson
Re: George SanSouci

Ronny Bailey wrote:

> What's the story?

"Ginky" had chronic back pain and had surgery to correct it. I think
that was successful, but he has since dropped off the tournament
circuit. He had a future in the game, but he showed uncommon sense for
a pool player when he realized that a future in this game isn't worth
the trouble (at least in the US). I think he hangs out at Amsterdam
Billiards in Manhattan.

Pat Johnson
Chicago

09 Jul 2005 13:42:44
Bob Johnson
Re: George SanSouci

The last I heard, Ginky had kind of given up on pro pool and moved to the
world of pro poker.

--
Bob Johnson, Denver/Thornton, Co.
bobj@cris.com

"Ronny Bailey" <ronnyb@consolidated.net > wrote in message
>I watch billiards on ESPN a lot, but I've never heard of this guy.
> They showed him winning the '99 BCA U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship and he
> played very well.
> At the end of the show the announcer mentioned he was going in 'for a
> little bit of surgery'.
> Tried to find out something about him on the internet but there's no
> mention of him after that.
> What's the story?
>
> Ronny Bailey
> Lufkin, TX

> News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
> Newsgroups
> =----

09 Jul 2005 23:21:59
Dan White
Re: George SanSouci

"Patrick Johnson" <patrick.johnsonREMOVE@THIScomcast.net > wrote in message
> Ronny Bailey wrote:

I think he hangs out at Amsterdam
> Billiards in Manhattan.

and he's a very good friend of Tony Robles.

dwhite