08 Mar 2005 10:51:27
Dave W
Jump cue legal length?

Does anyone know what is the required length of a legal jump cue for VNEA
league? Or where I could find out. Thanks in advance.




08 Mar 2005 17:11:43
Patrick Johnson
Re: Jump cue legal length?

Dave W wrote:
> Does anyone know what is the required length of a legal jump cue for VNEA
> league? Or where I could find out. Thanks in advance.

BCA says 40 inches (see below). I don't know if this applies to VNEA.

Pat Johnson
Chicago

============================

http://www.bca-pool.com/cgi/site/framegate.cgi?url=http://www.bca-pool.com/play/tournaments/rules/rls_gen.shtml&cat=p

BCA EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS

POOL CUE SPECIFICATIONS:
Player may bring a maximum of 3 cue sticks to a match.

* Width of tip: no minimum / 14 mm maximum
* Weight: no minimum / 25 oz. maximum
* Length: 40 inches minimum / no maximum

The cue tip may not be of a material that can scratch or damage the
addressed ball. The cue tip on any stick must be composed of a piece of
specially processed leather or other fibrous or pliable material that
extends the natural line of the shaft end of the cue and contacts the
cue ball when the shot is executed.

The ferrule, if of a metal material, may not be more than 1 inch in length.



08 Mar 2005 21:59:06
Mark0
Re: Jump cue legal length?

It applied to the VNEA in my day (FWthat'sW).

Mark0

===
"Patrick Johnson" <patrick.johnsonREMOVE@THIScomcast.net > wrote in message
news:j1lXd.1540$ZB6.417@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
> Dave W wrote:
> > Does anyone know what is the required length of a legal jump cue for
VNEA
> > league? Or where I could find out. Thanks in advance.
>
> BCA says 40 inches (see below). I don't know if this applies to VNEA.
>
> Pat Johnson
> Chicago
>
> ============================
>
>
http://www.bca-pool.com/cgi/site/framegate.cgi?url=http://www.bca-pool.com/play/tournaments/rules/rls_gen.shtml&cat=p
>
> BCA EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS
>
> POOL CUE SPECIFICATIONS:
> Player may bring a maximum of 3 cue sticks to a match.
>
> * Width of tip: no minimum / 14 mm maximum
> * Weight: no minimum / 25 oz. maximum
> * Length: 40 inches minimum / no maximum
>
> The cue tip may not be of a material that can scratch or damage the
> addressed ball. The cue tip on any stick must be composed of a piece of
> specially processed leather or other fibrous or pliable material that
> extends the natural line of the shaft end of the cue and contacts the
> cue ball when the shot is executed.
>
> The ferrule, if of a metal material, may not be more than 1 inch in
length.
>




09 Mar 2005 13:49:37
Aunty Dan
Re: Jump cue legal length?

IMHO it does not make much sense if you are going to allow jump cues to
force them to be much longer than 40". If you do you are encroaching on the
"shorty" cue territory which are used by some youth and disabled players.

Some leagues (APA I think, but please correct me if this is not the case)
get around an out-right ban on jump cues by only allowing 2 cues to be used
in any match. Presumably there's some regulation about not breaking down
cues in the course of a game to stop people just using jump/break cues.

That way you could choose to use a jump cue at the expense of a dedicated
break cue.

--
Aunty Dan
------------------------------------------
"For 'tis the sport to have the engineer
Hoisted with his own petard."
- W. Shakespeare
------------------------------------------
"Mark0" <mark0@mccauleywebDELETETHIS.com > wrote in message
news:vOtXd.11146$gO7.3854@fe07.lga...
> It applied to the VNEA in my day (FWthat'sW).
>
> Mark0
>
> ===
> "Patrick Johnson" <patrick.johnsonREMOVE@THIScomcast.net> wrote in message
> news:j1lXd.1540$ZB6.417@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
>> Dave W wrote:
>> > Does anyone know what is the required length of a legal jump cue for
> VNEA
>> > league? Or where I could find out. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> BCA says 40 inches (see below). I don't know if this applies to VNEA.
>>
>> Pat Johnson
>> Chicago
>>
>> ============================
>>
>>
> http://www.bca-pool.com/cgi/site/framegate.cgi?url=http://www.bca-pool.com/play/tournaments/rules/rls_gen.shtml&cat=p
>>
>> BCA EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS
>>
>> POOL CUE SPECIFICATIONS:
>> Player may bring a maximum of 3 cue sticks to a match.
>>
>> * Width of tip: no minimum / 14 mm maximum
>> * Weight: no minimum / 25 oz. maximum
>> * Length: 40 inches minimum / no maximum
>>
>> The cue tip may not be of a material that can scratch or damage the
>> addressed ball. The cue tip on any stick must be composed of a piece of
>> specially processed leather or other fibrous or pliable material that
>> extends the natural line of the shaft end of the cue and contacts the
>> cue ball when the shot is executed.
>>
>> The ferrule, if of a metal material, may not be more than 1 inch in
> length.
>>
>
>