18 Nov 2003 17:22:26
Arnot Wadsworth
List of American Cuemakers

Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.

Thanks,

Arnot
www.ArnotQ.Com/

18 Nov 2003 23:14:40
Ray Fichthorn
Re: List of American Cuemakers

WHAT????
Joe Gold isn't listed???

J/K.. his info is here:
Cognoscenti Cues: Joe Gold
3711 North Ravenswood
Chicago, IL. 60613
773-348-7154
His website: (lame for such a craftsman)
http://www.flash.net/~tlilek/COG.HTM
e-mail: cognoscenti@att.net

I also couldn't find...
Danny Stout
692 Back Creek Rd
Asheboro, NC 27203
336-629-0449
StoutStick@aol.com
I heard he might not be making cues anymore... but cannot confirm that. He was regarded as a pretty
good cuemker in the NC/SC area. My best friend has one of his cues- and it is very well made.

Here's a website you may find some other cuemakers on:
http://www.onthecheese.com/otc/cues/

Ray...

Arnot Wadsworth wrote:
> Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
> http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
> cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arnot
> www.ArnotQ.Com/

19 Nov 2003 00:18:29
Bob Johnson
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Both of them are in fact listed.

--
Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.
bobj@cris.com

"Ray Fichthorn" <studeman@triad.rr.com > wrote in message
> WHAT????
> Joe Gold isn't listed???
>
> J/K.. his info is here:
> Cognoscenti Cues: Joe Gold
> 3711 North Ravenswood
> Chicago, IL. 60613
> 773-348-7154
> His website: (lame for such a craftsman)
> http://www.flash.net/~tlilek/COG.HTM
> e-mail: cognoscenti@att.net
>
> I also couldn't find...
> Danny Stout
> 692 Back Creek Rd
> Asheboro, NC 27203
> 336-629-0449
> StoutStick@aol.com
> I heard he might not be making cues anymore... but cannot confirm that. He
was regarded as a pretty
> good cuemker in the NC/SC area. My best friend has one of his cues- and it
is very well made.

> Here's a website you may find some other cuemakers on:
> http://www.onthecheese.com/otc/cues/
>

> Ray...
>
> Arnot Wadsworth wrote:
> > Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
> > http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
> > cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Arnot
> > www.ArnotQ.Com/

19 Nov 2003 00:50:43
Ray Fichthorn
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Woops... missed the 2nd column- It could use a seperater...

Bob Johnson wrote:
> Both of them are in fact listed.

18 Nov 2003 23:50:55
pltrgyst
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:22:26 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
<Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote:

>Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
>http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
>cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.

Steve Klein, in Flower Mound, Texas, www.kleincues.com. I have two of
his cues and am very pleased with them.

-- Larry

19 Nov 2003 05:05:24
Bob Johnson
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Even though Ray's no longer with us, shouldn't The Schuler Cue Co. still be
listed?

--
Bob Johnson, Denver, Co.
bobj@cris.com

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message
> Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
> http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
> cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arnot
> www.ArnotQ.Com/

19 Nov 2003 17:24:48
David Malone

<Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote:

>Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
>http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
>cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.

Arnot, when you say 'American' cuemakers, does that include Canada and
Mexico? Or just the USA? (I was thinking of Layani, and other Canadian
cuemakers for example).

David "The Hamster" Malone

19 Nov 2003 14:20:52
Arnot Wadsworth
Re: List of American Cuemakers

My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.

We live in the United States of America, and our cues are Made in U.S.A. We
compete with each other with American labor, materials and craftsmanship.
We have the same taxes, environmental requirements, social security
payments, insurance, overhead and labor to pay. When we ship a cue overseas
we have outrageous import duties to pay. These foreign cuemakers don't
begin to have the expense we have and pay no or very little import fees on
the cues that come into this country.

Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list of
American cuemakers.

Arnot
www.arnotq.com/

"David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:22:26 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
> <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote:
>
> >Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
> >http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
> >cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.
>
> Arnot, when you say 'American' cuemakers, does that include Canada and
> Mexico? Or just the USA? (I was thinking of Layani, and other Canadian
> cuemakers for example).
>
> David "The Hamster" Malone

19 Nov 2003 14:48:53
Bob Williamson
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Well said, Arnot.

> My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
>
> We live in the United States of America, and our cues are Made in U.S.A.
We
> compete with each other with American labor, materials and craftsmanship.
> We have the same taxes, environmental requirements, social security
> payments, insurance, overhead and labor to pay. When we ship a cue
overseas
> we have outrageous import duties to pay. These foreign cuemakers don't
> begin to have the expense we have and pay no or very little import fees on
> the cues that come into this country.
>
> Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list
of
> American cuemakers.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com/
>

> > Arnot, when you say 'American' cuemakers, does that include Canada and
> > Mexico? Or just the USA? (I was thinking of Layani, and other Canadian
> > cuemakers for example).
> >
> > David "The Hamster" Malone

19 Nov 2003 21:44:22
David Malone
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:20:52 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
<Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote:

>My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.

Both Canada and Mexico are AMERICAN. Perhaps you mean cuemakers from
the United States of America?

If so... OK... I can live with that.

>snipped jingo-istic bullshit...

>Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list of
>American cuemakers.

Damn... what a shame. I imagine they were all agog in anticipation of
being accorded such a high honor.

David "The Hamster" Malone

19 Nov 2003 17:38:36
Larry
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:44:22 GMT, malone@ca.ibm.com (David Malone)
wrote:

>>My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
>
>Both Canada and Mexico are AMERICAN. Perhaps you mean cuemakers from
>the United States of America?

Hmmm -- the Canadians (and Europeans) I know use the term "America" to
refer to the USA much more than any Americans (oops!) I know. Maybe
because it's the only convenient shorthand (shortspeak?) for the task?

>>snipped jingo-istic bullshit...

Agreed. Odd coming from someone named "Arnot," eh? I'd have guessed he
was Quebecoise.

-- Larry

19 Nov 2003 22:53:40
Bob Jewett

Larry <pltrgyst@hotpop.com > wrote:

> Agreed. Odd coming from someone named "Arnot," eh? I'd have guessed he
> was Quebecoise.

Or even Quebecois.

Bob

19 Nov 2003 17:57:57
Arnot Wadsworth
Re: List of American Cuemakers

David it is kind of frustrating to go to all this time, effort and expense
of maintaining this list for many years with hardly a thanks from anyone. I
try to make it a little easier for those who are looking for an American
(United States of America) made cue to hook up with the cuemaker of their
choice and I get this kind of grief from you.

Thank you - you make it all so worth while.

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:20:52 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
> <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote:
>
> >My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
>
> Both Canada and Mexico are AMERICAN. Perhaps you mean cuemakers from
> the United States of America?
>
> If so... OK... I can live with that.
>
> >snipped jingo-istic bullshit...
>
> >Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list
of
> >American cuemakers.
>
> Damn... what a shame. I imagine they were all agog in anticipation of
> being accorded such a high honor.
>
> David "The Hamster" Malone

19 Nov 2003 22:48:46
John Barton
Re: List of American Cuemakers

NOT A CRITIQUE OF ARNOT -

When I export product to another country it is typically the
receiver(importer) there who is responsible for any duties and taxes. I
believe that it is the exception that an exporter will pick up the tab for
duties and taxes. It is true that there are no duties imposed on cues
coming into the USA and there are no export duties imposed either on cues
going out. Some countries do have realtively high duties on imports which
can affect the purchasing decision whereas a United States consumer can
purchase a cue from any country and just pay the asked for price plus
shipping and possibly brokerage fees.

John

> My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
>
> We live in the United States of America, and our cues are Made in U.S.A.
We
> compete with each other with American labor, materials and craftsmanship.
> We have the same taxes, environmental requirements, social security
> payments, insurance, overhead and labor to pay. When we ship a cue
overseas
> we have outrageous import duties to pay. These foreign cuemakers don't
> begin to have the expense we have and pay no or very little import fees on
> the cues that come into this country.
>
> Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list
of
> American cuemakers.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com/
>

> "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:22:26 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
> > <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
> > >http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
> > >cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.
> >
> > Arnot, when you say 'American' cuemakers, does that include Canada and
> > Mexico? Or just the USA? (I was thinking of Layani, and other Canadian
> > cuemakers for example).
> >
> > David "The Hamster" Malone

19 Nov 2003 22:51:42
John Barton
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Ah yes, but a smart marketing tactic indeed to pepper the list with what I
think are supposed to be links to your stuff. Kinda like the old time
subliminal marketing. But I find the list to be very helpful and replete
with a lot of cuemakers who would otherwise get very little exposure.

John

> David it is kind of frustrating to go to all this time, effort and expense
> of maintaining this list for many years with hardly a thanks from anyone.
> try to make it a little easier for those who are looking for an American
> (United States of America) made cue to hook up with the cuemaker of their
> choice and I get this kind of grief from you.
>
> Thank you - you make it all so worth while.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com/
>

> "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:20:52 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
> > <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote:
> >
> > >My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
> >
> > Both Canada and Mexico are AMERICAN. Perhaps you mean cuemakers from
> > the United States of America?
> >
> > If so... OK... I can live with that.
> >
> > >snipped jingo-istic bullshit...
> >
> > >Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my
list
> of
> > >American cuemakers.
> >
> > Damn... what a shame. I imagine they were all agog in anticipation of
> > being accorded such a high honor.
> >
> > David "The Hamster" Malone

20 Nov 2003 02:56:54
Edwin Reyes

"John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com > wrote in message news:<8Yudna-c6ukz2iGiRVn-sA@centurytel.net>...
> NOT A CRITIQUE OF ARNOT -
>
> When I export product to another country it is typically the
> receiver(importer) there who is responsible for any duties and taxes. I
> believe that it is the exception that an exporter will pick up the tab for
> duties and taxes. It is true that there are no duties imposed on cues
> coming into the USA and there are no export duties imposed either on cues
> going out. Some countries do have realtively high duties on imports which
> can affect the purchasing decision whereas a United States consumer can
> purchase a cue from any country and just pay the asked for price plus
> shipping and possibly brokerage fees.
>
> John
>
> "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
> > My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
> >
> > We live in the United States of America, and our cues are Made in U.S.A.
> We
> > compete with each other with American labor, materials and craftsmanship.
> > We have the same taxes, environmental requirements, social security
> > payments, insurance, overhead and labor to pay. When we ship a cue
> overseas
> > we have outrageous import duties to pay. These foreign cuemakers don't
> > begin to have the expense we have and pay no or very little import fees on
> > the cues that come into this country.
> >
> > Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list
> of
> > American cuemakers.
> >
> > Arnot
> > www.arnotq.com/
> >

> > "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message

> > > Arnot, when you say 'American' cuemakers, does that include Canada and
> > > Mexico? Or just the USA? (I was thinking of Layani, and other Canadian
> > > cuemakers for example).
> > >
> > > David "The Hamster" Malone

I can't believe that such a statement and attitude would come from
somebody who expects support of his products from overseas and across
the border buyers. I'm glad that you didn't include me even though
I'm a US National, recieves an annual contribution statement from the
Social Security Administration, buys cue components from US companies
(hmm.. maybe maple grows in Timbuktu) and being a US National is
considered American Labor.
Good Luck anyway and hope your list benefits you as you expect it.
Ed Reyes

20 Nov 2003 03:57:20
Steve.
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Arnot,
I think it is good of you for keeping the list and I absolutely agree
with your USA first buying mentality. Or more specifically I believe
in buying as close to home as you can, ie. the local hardware store as
opposed to Home Depot or a Mike Webb cue as opposed to an Arnot cue if
you live in Massachusetts. The exception to this philosophy being when
the non-local item is of such superior quality that it is unobtainable
locally, such as the Japanese cars vs. American (err USA) cars 30
years ago.
However, IMHO, I think your reaction to Dave was over the top. He was
just pointing out that your list didn't include Canadian cue makers
and that the term American was a misnomer in this case. You also
mentioned that you didn't list them because of their unfair
competitive advantage when actually in this case given the exchange
rate of US to Canadian dollars I think people like Thierry may
actually be at a competitive disadvantage, not that that is really
germain to the issue at hand.
I respect and subscribe to your buy "American" philosopy and certainly
respect your right to put whoever you damn well please on your list,
but give Dave a break here.
Steve. <- A software engineer watching software engineering jobs
moving overseas with scary speed.

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message news:<_xSub.844$zi3.387@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
> David it is kind of frustrating to go to all this time, effort and expense
> of maintaining this list for many years with hardly a thanks from anyone. I
> try to make it a little easier for those who are looking for an American
> (United States of America) made cue to hook up with the cuemaker of their
> choice and I get this kind of grief from you.
>
> Thank you - you make it all so worth while.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com/
>

> "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:20:52 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
> > <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote:
> >
> > >My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
> >
> > Both Canada and Mexico are AMERICAN. Perhaps you mean cuemakers from
> > the United States of America?
> >
> > If so... OK... I can live with that.
> >
> > >snipped jingo-istic bullshit...
>
> > >Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list
> of
> > >American cuemakers.
> >
> > Damn... what a shame. I imagine they were all agog in anticipation of
> > being accorded such a high honor.
> >
> > David "The Hamster" Malone

20 Nov 2003 06:07:27
Bob Williamson

"Steve." <rsb-asp-google@s-c-ellis.com > wrote in message
. The exception to this philosophy being when
> the non-local item is of such superior quality that it is unobtainable
> locally, such as the Japanese cars vs. American (err USA) cars 30
> years ago.

I surely hope you're joking. a 30 year old Japanese car compared to a 30
year old American car?? I will put my 1972 Chevy Chevelle against ANYTHING
ever made in Japan. How many 30 year old Japanese cars are on the road
today? Go by a local cruise night and you will not be able to count the
American cars that are 30, 40 , 50 years old or more.

You should think before running your trap next time.

20 Nov 2003 07:55:33
Arnot Wadsworth
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Everyone in this group knows that you go out of your way to find fault with
everything that I do.

It was so nice when you were absent for that short while. Please go away
again.

Arnot
www.arnotq.com

> Ah yes, but a smart marketing tactic indeed to pepper the list with what I
> think are supposed to be links to your stuff. Kinda like the old time
> subliminal marketing. But I find the list to be very helpful and replete
> with a lot of cuemakers who would otherwise get very little exposure.
>
> John
>

> "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
> > David it is kind of frustrating to go to all this time, effort and
expense
> > of maintaining this list for many years with hardly a thanks from
anyone.
> > try to make it a little easier for those who are looking for an American
> > (United States of America) made cue to hook up with the cuemaker of
their
> > choice and I get this kind of grief from you.
> >
> > Thank you - you make it all so worth while.
> >
> > Arnot
> > www.arnotq.com/
> >

> > "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message

> > > Both Canada and Mexico are AMERICAN. Perhaps you mean cuemakers from
> > > the United States of America?
> > >
> > > If so... OK... I can live with that.

> list
> > of
> > >
> > > Damn... what a shame. I imagine they were all agog in anticipation of
> > > being accorded such a high honor.
> > >
> > > David "The Hamster" Malone

20 Nov 2003 06:00:46
Fred Agnir
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Larry <pltrgyst@hotpop.com > wrote

> Agreed. Odd coming from someone named "Arnot," eh? I'd have guessed he
> was Quebecoise.

Yikes. Wrong gender, Larry.

Fred

20 Nov 2003 08:08:08
Patrick Johnson

John Barton wrote:

> When I export product to another country it is typically the
> receiver(importer) there who is responsible for any duties and taxes.

Sure, but the markup has a chilling effect on the volume of sales to
that country. The (ostensible) reason for duties like this is to
"protect" the market for local manufacturers, so I always find it a
little shortsighted that US makers complain about it -- they'd feel a
lot different about US import duties protecting themselves.

Pat Johnson
Chicago

20 Nov 2003 08:23:33
John Barton
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Dearest Arnot,

I do not have to venture out of my way, you direct me there. You need to
chill out. Your "list" is not totally altruistic as you would have us
believe. You have a list of things like "Arnot's cue for sale" right down
the middle of the cuemaker's list. They are not hyperlinked but I am
guessing that they are supposed to be. The first impression I got was that
I should look at the stuff you have in comparison to anything on the list.

This is NOT a slam on you, it is good marketing and there is nothing wrong
with it. You are confident enough in your product to provide a comprhensive
list of your competitiors and that speaks volumes to your potential
customers. Just don't sugarcoat it with the "just doing a service line".

Don't expect a free ride. You know the rules in this NG. If you want to
participate don't say anything you don't want to be called on in some way or
another.

John - always in the way.

> Everyone in this group knows that you go out of your way to find fault
with
> everything that I do.
>
> It was so nice when you were absent for that short while. Please go away
> again.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com
>

> "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message
> > Ah yes, but a smart marketing tactic indeed to pepper the list with what
> > think are supposed to be links to your stuff. Kinda like the old time
> > subliminal marketing. But I find the list to be very helpful and
replete
> > with a lot of cuemakers who would otherwise get very little exposure.
> >
> > John
> >

> > "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
> > > David it is kind of frustrating to go to all this time, effort and
> expense
> > > of maintaining this list for many years with hardly a thanks from
> anyone.
> > > try to make it a little easier for those who are looking for an
American
> > > (United States of America) made cue to hook up with the cuemaker of
> their
> > > choice and I get this kind of grief from you.
> > >
> > > Thank you - you make it all so worth while.
> > >
> > > Arnot
> > > www.arnotq.com/
> > >

> > > "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message

> > list
> > > of

20 Nov 2003 09:29:10
Arnot Wadsworth
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Another one of the ways you have of twisting the truth. No matter who has
to pay the money it still comes out of the pocket of the consumer and when
we don't charge anything and they charge up to 100 percent import fees on
our cues it gives them an unfair marketing advantage.

Buy American Made Products Only.

Arnot
www.arnotq.com

"John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com > wrote in message

> NOT A CRITIQUE OF ARNOT -
>
> When I export product to another country it is typically the
> receiver(importer) there who is responsible for any duties and taxes. I
> believe that it is the exception that an exporter will pick up the tab for
> duties and taxes. It is true that there are no duties imposed on cues
> coming into the USA and there are no export duties imposed either on cues
> going out. Some countries do have realtively high duties on imports which
> can affect the purchasing decision whereas a United States consumer can
> purchase a cue from any country and just pay the asked for price plus
> shipping and possibly brokerage fees.
>
> John
>
> "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
> > My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
> >
> > We live in the United States of America, and our cues are Made in U.S.A.
> We
> > compete with each other with American labor, materials and
craftsmanship.
> > We have the same taxes, environmental requirements, social security
> > payments, insurance, overhead and labor to pay. When we ship a cue
> overseas
> > we have outrageous import duties to pay. These foreign cuemakers don't
> > begin to have the expense we have and pay no or very little import fees
on
> > the cues that come into this country.
> >
> > Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list
> of
> > American cuemakers.
> >
> > Arnot
> > www.arnotq.com/
> >

> > "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message

> > > Arnot, when you say 'American' cuemakers, does that include Canada and
> > > Mexico? Or just the USA? (I was thinking of Layani, and other Canadian
> > > cuemakers for example).
> > >
> > > David "The Hamster" Malone

20 Nov 2003 09:33:52
Arnot Wadsworth
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Your company makes cues in the Philippines. You do not pay social security
benefits to your employees, you do not pay the wages I pay my helper, you do
not have the overhead I have and you contribute almost nothing to this
economy. You take American money to the Philippines to spend on that
economy. You have the best of both worlds. Cheap prices there - No
investment here - Low expenses and very cheap labor.

I remember when you wanted to get on the list of American Cuemakers and were
politely refused.

Arnot
www.arnotq.com/

"Edwin Reyes" <edreyes@ibctour.com.ph > wrote in message
> "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message
news:<8Yudna-c6ukz2iGiRVn-sA@centurytel.net >...
> > NOT A CRITIQUE OF ARNOT -
> >
> > When I export product to another country it is typically the
> > receiver(importer) there who is responsible for any duties and taxes. I
> > believe that it is the exception that an exporter will pick up the tab
for
> > duties and taxes. It is true that there are no duties imposed on cues
> > coming into the USA and there are no export duties imposed either on
cues
> > going out. Some countries do have realtively high duties on imports
which
> > can affect the purchasing decision whereas a United States consumer can
> > purchase a cue from any country and just pay the asked for price plus
> > shipping and possibly brokerage fees.
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
> > > My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
> > >
> > > We live in the United States of America, and our cues are Made in
U.S.A.
> > We
> > > compete with each other with American labor, materials and
craftsmanship.
> > > We have the same taxes, environmental requirements, social security
> > > payments, insurance, overhead and labor to pay. When we ship a cue
> > overseas
> > > we have outrageous import duties to pay. These foreign cuemakers
don't
> > > begin to have the expense we have and pay no or very little import
fees on
> > > the cues that come into this country.
> > >
> > > Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my
list
> > of
> > > American cuemakers.
> > >
> > > Arnot
> > > www.arnotq.com/
> > >

> > > "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message

Canadian

> I can't believe that such a statement and attitude would come from
> somebody who expects support of his products from overseas and across
> the border buyers. I'm glad that you didn't include me even though
> I'm a US National, recieves an annual contribution statement from the
> Social Security Administration, buys cue components from US companies
> (hmm.. maybe maple grows in Timbuktu) and being a US National is
> considered American Labor.
> Good Luck anyway and hope your list benefits you as you expect it.
> Ed Reyes

20 Nov 2003 09:37:27
Arnot Wadsworth
Re: List of American Cuemakers

I think Canadians know that they are Canadians and that Americans are
generally known as citizens of the United States of America.

If the Canadian cuemakers are at such a disadvantage then why don't they
stop selling their cues across the Southern border. I will tell you why -
because that is not true - if they were not making money on Americans they
would stop selling here.

I have cuemakers from all over the world trying to get on my list of
American Cuemakers and I politely explain to them that I made the list to
help those who need cue repairs and American Made Custom Cues.

"Steve." <rsb-asp-google@s-c-ellis.com > wrote in message
> Arnot,
> I think it is good of you for keeping the list and I absolutely agree
> with your USA first buying mentality. Or more specifically I believe
> in buying as close to home as you can, ie. the local hardware store as
> opposed to Home Depot or a Mike Webb cue as opposed to an Arnot cue if
> you live in Massachusetts. The exception to this philosophy being when
> the non-local item is of such superior quality that it is unobtainable
> locally, such as the Japanese cars vs. American (err USA) cars 30
> years ago.
> However, IMHO, I think your reaction to Dave was over the top. He was
> just pointing out that your list didn't include Canadian cue makers
> and that the term American was a misnomer in this case. You also
> mentioned that you didn't list them because of their unfair
> competitive advantage when actually in this case given the exchange
> rate of US to Canadian dollars I think people like Thierry may
> actually be at a competitive disadvantage, not that that is really
> germain to the issue at hand.
> I respect and subscribe to your buy "American" philosopy and certainly
> respect your right to put whoever you damn well please on your list,
> but give Dave a break here.
> Steve. <- A software engineer watching software engineering jobs
> moving overseas with scary speed.
>
> "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
news:<_xSub.844$zi3.387@bignews3.bellsouth.net >...
> > David it is kind of frustrating to go to all this time, effort and
expense
> > of maintaining this list for many years with hardly a thanks from
anyone. I
> > try to make it a little easier for those who are looking for an American
> > (United States of America) made cue to hook up with the cuemaker of
their
> > choice and I get this kind of grief from you.
> >
> > Thank you - you make it all so worth while.
> >
> > Arnot
> > www.arnotq.com/
> >

> > "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message

> > > Both Canada and Mexico are AMERICAN. Perhaps you mean cuemakers from
> > > the United States of America?
> > >
> > > If so... OK... I can live with that.

> > of
> > >
> > > Damn... what a shame. I imagine they were all agog in anticipation of
> > > being accorded such a high honor.
> > >
> > > David "The Hamster" Malone

20 Nov 2003 08:38:06
John Barton
Re: List of American Cuemakers

What about buying value? The good thing about our society is that we are
not neccesarily confined or limited to our immediate geographic areas.

Why should I support soemone "just because" they are local. I want personal
attention and knowledge of the product, a good selection of what I need,
good products and reasonable prices. Also a Home Depot is a local store
too. How many families do you think a Home Depot supports? How much in
local taxes do you think a Home Depot pays? How much is the local
contractor/consumer saving annually by being able to get lower prices due to
Home Depot's volume buying and pricing.

There are good arguments to made on both sides fo the fence. My criteria is
where do I get the best service and selection with price being third.

We live in a global economy. Jobs are leaving because the rest of the world
is prepared and can work for less. Our economy is overly inflated. We
could live on less. The cost of doing business in the USA is exorbiant, more
so than it needs to be in my opinion. The cost of living is also exorbiant
and on top of that we have a government that encourages spending rather than
saving which drives consumer and commercial debt.

John - has too much debt, spends too much and should live on less.

"Steve." <rsb-asp-google@s-c-ellis.com > wrote in message
> Arnot,
> I think it is good of you for keeping the list and I absolutely agree
> with your USA first buying mentality. Or more specifically I believe
> in buying as close to home as you can, ie. the local hardware store as
> opposed to Home Depot or a Mike Webb cue as opposed to an Arnot cue if
> you live in Massachusetts. The exception to this philosophy being when
> the non-local item is of such superior quality that it is unobtainable
> locally, such as the Japanese cars vs. American (err USA) cars 30
> years ago.
> However, IMHO, I think your reaction to Dave was over the top. He was
> just pointing out that your list didn't include Canadian cue makers
> and that the term American was a misnomer in this case. You also
> mentioned that you didn't list them because of their unfair
> competitive advantage when actually in this case given the exchange
> rate of US to Canadian dollars I think people like Thierry may
> actually be at a competitive disadvantage, not that that is really
> germain to the issue at hand.
> I respect and subscribe to your buy "American" philosopy and certainly
> respect your right to put whoever you damn well please on your list,
> but give Dave a break here.
> Steve. <- A software engineer watching software engineering jobs
> moving overseas with scary speed.
>
> "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
news:<_xSub.844$zi3.387@bignews3.bellsouth.net >...
> > David it is kind of frustrating to go to all this time, effort and
expense
> > of maintaining this list for many years with hardly a thanks from
anyone. I
> > try to make it a little easier for those who are looking for an American
> > (United States of America) made cue to hook up with the cuemaker of
their
> > choice and I get this kind of grief from you.
> >
> > Thank you - you make it all so worth while.
> >
> > Arnot
> > www.arnotq.com/
> >

> > "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message

> > > Both Canada and Mexico are AMERICAN. Perhaps you mean cuemakers from
> > > the United States of America?
> > >
> > > If so... OK... I can live with that.

> > of
> > >
> > > Damn... what a shame. I imagine they were all agog in anticipation of
> > > being accorded such a high honor.
> > >
> > > David "The Hamster" Malone

20 Nov 2003 14:39:10
Samiel

<Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote:

>Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
>http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
>cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Arnot
>www.ArnotQ.Com/

I didn't see Steve Hebert (Abear) listed, of Arlington, TX.

I just talked to him Tuesday and he mentioned that he will be moving
(back) to Oregon soon.

- Samiel

20 Nov 2003 15:31:47
David Malone
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:57:57 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
<Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote:

>David it is kind of frustrating to go to all this time, effort and expense
>of maintaining this list for many years with hardly a thanks from anyone. I
>try to make it a little easier for those who are looking for an American
>(United States of America) made cue to hook up with the cuemaker of their
>choice and I get this kind of grief from you.

Lol... I hadn't realised you were doing this for such altruistic
reasons. I assumed, obviously incorrectly, that there might be
something in it for you (self promotion, for example).

Not that there's anything wrong with that... but it would be nice if
you were honest about it.

>Thank you - you make it all so worth while.

Glad I could be of service.

David "The Hamster" Malone

20 Nov 2003 16:03:31
Ray Fichthorn
Re: List of American Cuemakers

* D&D Cue Repair
David & Dana Bucholtz
410 N, Ward Ave.
High Point, NC. 27262
336-883-9136
fax 336-883-4421
home 336-688-1149
ddcuerepair1@AOL.com

While David makes a somewhat limited amount of cues- most looking like "house" cues, Sneaky Petes,
and standard 4-pointers. David is a very good cue-repair man. He rewrapped my Cognoscenti (I wanted
to change the "look"), a friend's Stout, and has replaced tips for friends and myself. He does
excellent work- and travels the local tournament circuit (Raleigh, Charlotte, Myrtle Beach...) with
his enclosed trailer full of gear.

Would another list (or add to the current list) of Cue-Repair stations around the country be
helpful? Perhaps with some feedback as to their quality of workmanship? I know that when I wanted to
change the wrap on my cue- I was VERY hesitant of who could do the job, But didn't want to send the
cue back to Joe and wait very long for it. I started looking for local places, and found David's
shop was nearby (17 mi).. So I went there and asked to see examples of his work. Confident he could
handle it- He rewrapped it while I waited- and did a great job. I think that would be a better
resourse- as I change tips more often than I buy new Cues...

Ray

Arnot Wadsworth wrote:
> Here is our new list of American Cuemakers:
> http://arnotq.com/pages/cuemakerlist.html. If you know of any other
> cuemakers please e-mail me and I will include them on the list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arnot
> www.ArnotQ.Com/

20 Nov 2003 17:17:53
David Malone
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:29:10 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
<Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote:

>Buy American Made Products Only.

Or, should that be Buy USA Made Products Only?

Hmmmn... wait a minute. Maybe Arnot could start an isolationist,
protectivist cuemakers lobby called 'BUMPO' to stand up for the rights
of the overworked, under-paid, downtrodden USA cuemaker in Washington,
DC?

For some reason, BUMPO sounds oddly appropriate.

David "The Hamster" Malone

20 Nov 2003 11:03:06
-jeff

"Bob Williamson" wrote:

> I surely hope you're joking. a 30 year old Japanese car compared to a 30
> year old American car?? I will put my 1972 Chevy Chevelle against ANYTHING
> ever made in Japan.

If you're going against "ANYTHING ever made in Japan" your Chevelle
will lose handily to Mark IV Supras, Nissan Skylines, 300ZXs, and
probably to a mildly-worked Mitsubishi Eclipse. Especially if you are
interested in anything other than stoplight drag racing (which is only
popular in the US because Detriot still can only make 1 car that
handles worth a damn).

> How many 30 year old Japanese cars are on the road today?

In the US, there plenty on the west coast. Just like every other type
of car that doesn't have to fight rust all it's life. How many '57
Chevys do you see on the road in upstate NY (for example)? None that
aren't garage queens, and those were probably bought from somebody in
AZ or NM originally.

> Go by a local cruise night and you will not be able to count the
> American cars that are 30, 40 , 50 years old or more.

Nostalgia for the "good old days" is the only reason for that. People
want something that was comforting and reminicient of their childhood
when Japanese cars were rare. The designs have become "classic"
based on that desire. It certainly isn't on the technical merits of
drag link steering and drum brakes.

> You should think before running your trap next time.

Good advice for anybody, I think.
-jeff

20 Nov 2003 13:26:45
Bob Williamson

"-jeff" <mungtor@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> "Bob Williamson" wrote:
>
> > I surely hope you're joking. a 30 year old Japanese car compared to
a 30
> > year old American car?? I will put my 1972 Chevy Chevelle against
ANYTHING
> > ever made in Japan.
>
> If you're going against "ANYTHING ever made in Japan" your Chevelle
> will lose handily to Mark IV Supras, Nissan Skylines, 300ZXs, and
> probably to a mildly-worked Mitsubishi Eclipse. Especially if you are
> interested in anything other than stoplight drag racing (which is only
> popular in the US because Detriot still can only make 1 car that
> handles worth a damn).

Lose handily in what respect??? Some homos opinion??

> > How many 30 year old Japanese cars are on the road today?
>
> In the US, there plenty on the west coast. Just like every other type
> of car that doesn't have to fight rust all it's life. How many '57
> Chevys do you see on the road in upstate NY (for example)? None that
> aren't garage queens, and those were probably bought from somebody in
> AZ or NM originally.

Define plenty. I can't speak for upstate NY but I am from Chgo IL and we
have plenty of snow and salt. not a speck of rust on my car and it still
purrs like a kitten.

> > Go by a local cruise night and you will not be able to count the
> > American cars that are 30, 40 , 50 years old or more.
>
> Nostalgia for the "good old days" is the only reason for that. People
> want something that was comforting and reminicient of their childhood
> when Japanese cars were rare. The designs have become "classic"
> based on that desire. It certainly isn't on the technical merits of
> drag link steering and drum brakes.

Or people like their cars and like to display them whether it is a 57 Bel
Air or a 87 GN or a 2003 vette.

And for the record my Chevelle has disc brakes and 450 hp from the
factory.

> > You should think before running your trap next time.
>
> Good advice for anybody, I think.

Yeah try using it next time.
> -jeff

20 Nov 2003 11:40:53
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Very speculative statements specially the part about contributing
almost nothing to the US economy. So far 100% of my proceeds from cue
sales in the US is spent there on materials and advertising in a US
based Pool forum plus a SoCal based tax accountant can prove you wrong
about this not contributing to the economy part. How about my
expenses in acquiring a US model SUV or my motorcycle, Black and
Decker tools, US brand clothes, Kodak camera, Corelle dishes or even
just Hanes underwear, etc, etc, etc. Was it the Taleban that gained
from my purchases?
Cheap labor? A cuemaker in a non-major US city can have cheaper labor
compared to one in Southern CA or a cuemaker with illegal immigrants
from Mexico or Europe can have cheap labor. You really don't know
anything about these things that you accused me of.

I commented on your previous thread because of your term "American
Cuemaker" and asked if this would include US Nationals (check your
initial thread about your list). Where in my letter to you did I
write down that "I want to be on your list". One reason why I reached
the top level in my health care career in Southern California is
because of my not succumbing to prejudice thrown my way. Don't
Americans fight prejudice? Maybe you should have just worded it "Made
in USA Cuemakers" but then again, your targetted foreign buyers might
misinterpret your purpose.

True, you were polite but that still didn't answer my concern which
seems like some other posters too.
Ed Reyes

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message news:<7d4vb.13958$ow5.12234@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
> Your company makes cues in the Philippines. You do not pay social security
> benefits to your employees, you do not pay the wages I pay my helper, you do
> not have the overhead I have and you contribute almost nothing to this
> economy. You take American money to the Philippines to spend on that
> economy. You have the best of both worlds. Cheap prices there - No
> investment here - Low expenses and very cheap labor.
>
> I remember when you wanted to get on the list of American Cuemakers and were
> politely refused.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com/
>
> "Edwin Reyes" <edreyes@ibctour.com.ph> wrote in message
> > "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message
> > > NOT A CRITIQUE OF ARNOT -
> > >
> > > When I export product to another country it is typically the
> > > receiver(importer) there who is responsible for any duties and taxes. I
> > > believe that it is the exception that an exporter will pick up the tab
> for
> > > duties and taxes. It is true that there are no duties imposed on cues
> > > coming into the USA and there are no export duties imposed either on
> cues
> > > going out. Some countries do have realtively high duties on imports
> which
> > > can affect the purchasing decision whereas a United States consumer can
> > > purchase a cue from any country and just pay the asked for price plus
> > > shipping and possibly brokerage fees.
> > >
> > > John
> > >
> > > "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message

> U.S.A.
> We
> craftsmanship.
> overseas
> don't
> fees on

> list
> of

> other

> and
> Canadian

> > I can't believe that such a statement and attitude would come from
> > somebody who expects support of his products from overseas and across
> > the border buyers. I'm glad that you didn't include me even though
> > I'm a US National, recieves an annual contribution statement from the
> > Social Security Administration, buys cue components from US companies
> > (hmm.. maybe maple grows in Timbuktu) and being a US National is
> > considered American Labor.
> > Good Luck anyway and hope your list benefits you as you expect it.
> > Ed Reyes

20 Nov 2003 12:50:10
Steve.
Re: List of American Cuemakers

John,
We've been down this road before and we'll never see eye-to-eye, but
see below ...

"John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com > wrote in message news:<TaSdnbYUrrFSTCGiRVn-tA@centurytel.net>...
> What about buying value? The good thing about our society is that we are
> not neccesarily confined or limited to our immediate geographic areas.

As I said before I'll pay more for relatively equal quality if it is
either made locally or at least in America. Once I'm forced to go
outside the US like for shoes(including Nike and most New Balance),
most electronics, then I look purely at the price/value equation.

> Why should I support soemone "just because" they are local. I want personal
> attention and knowledge of the product, a good selection of what I need,
> good products and reasonable prices. Also a Home Depot is a local store
> too. How many families do you think a Home Depot supports? How much in
> local taxes do you think a Home Depot pays? How much is the local
> contractor/consumer saving annually by being able to get lower prices due to
> Home Depot's volume buying and pricing.

Home Depot supports fewer people than a plethora of local businesses
would. Next thing you're going to tell me that the way Walmart
surrounds small cities and squeezes the downtown to death is a good
thing. Bigger and cheaper isn't neccessarily better. Contractors would
get a good value from a local place and even if they paid a little
more it would be the same for all of them and all of us.

> There are good arguments to made on both sides fo the fence. My criteria is
> where do I get the best service and selection with price being third.
>
> We live in a global economy. Jobs are leaving because the rest of the world
> is prepared and can work for less. Our economy is overly inflated. We

Which wouldn't bother me half so much if I thought the difference
between what a USA citizen made for a particular job (factory job for
instance) and what the foreign worker makes was going towards the
foreign worker having a standard of living equivalent to the USA guy.
However, most of that money goes into some fat cats pockets. Not
always and you'll maintain that your company may be an exception but
it is mostly true. We've lived pretty high on the hog for a quite a
while and that wealth should be redistributed, but I don't really
think it is being equitably redistributed. The fact is the 3rd world
is not getting more like the US, the US is getting more and more like
the 3rd world with more and more distance between the "haves" and the
"have nots". I was taught in introductory Economics there are 2
fundamental economic problems supply and distribution. The humanity
has had the supply problem beaten for most of the 20th century, but I
fear it will NEVER whip the distribution problem because of peoples
greed on the one hand and laziness on the other. Fact is we could all
work about 25 hours a week and the world would run just fine, but
instead fewer and fewer people work longer and longer hours. If people
weren't lazy Communism would work and if people weren't greedy
Capitalism would work, but neither of them works quite right though
Capitalism works better. Now what were we talking about????

> could live on less. The cost of doing business in the USA is exorbiant, more
> so than it needs to be in my opinion. The cost of living is also exorbiant
> and on top of that we have a government that encourages spending rather than
> saving which drives consumer and commercial debt.
>
> John - has too much debt, spends too much and should live on less.

20 Nov 2003 13:01:58
Steve.

"Bob Williamson" <RTW5150@wowway.com > wrote in message news:<gpqdnab-w6T1MyGiRVn-sw@wideopenwest.com>...
> "Steve." <rsb-asp-google@s-c-ellis.com> wrote in message
> . The exception to this philosophy being when
> > the non-local item is of such superior quality that it is unobtainable
> > locally, such as the Japanese cars vs. American (err USA) cars 30
> > years ago.
>

> I surely hope you're joking. a 30 year old Japanese car compared to a 30
> year old American car?? I will put my 1972 Chevy Chevelle against ANYTHING
> ever made in Japan. How many 30 year old Japanese cars are on the road
> today? Go by a local cruise night and you will not be able to count the
> American cars that are 30, 40 , 50 years old or more.
>
> You should think before running your trap next time.

You're the one who's got to be joking. Any car still working today
from thirty years ago whether American or foriegn is clearly an
exception, an anti-lemon if you will. However at the time with the
exception of American trucks the foreign cars were just plain more
reliable and lasted longer. The reason you see American cars at a
"local cruise night" is because the owners are people devouted to
maintain a classic car they love. Not to many people are devouted to
maintaining 30 year old Datsuns, they are just not that nostalgic.
Don't get me wrong I love a classic "Super Bee" as much as anyone, but
you know that's not the kind of vehicle I'm talking about.
Fifty, even forty years ago I'd tend to agree with you America made a
better car mostly because they didn't have to worry about engineering
them for efficiency. However, starting in the 70's for a good 10 or 15
year period while the big 3 learned how to produce efficient small
engine vehicles with some get up and go they sucked. Even my '92 Dodge
Caravan (still running God bless it's little heart) is still going
strong on it's original Mitshibisi (or however you spell it) engine,
but the American made transmission has been replaced once and is not
doing so good now. Admittedly a transmission is by it's nature more
trouble prone than an engine, but you get the idea.

20 Nov 2003 13:17:51
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

I don't know what "twisting the truth" you're talking about here.
Let's check this out. You, Arnot, sold cues to a dealer in a foreign
country. The dealer ends up paying 100% duty, tacks on the
acquisition expenses onto the merchandise's selling price then Mr./Ms.
Foreign Buyer pays. How did this hurt the US Economy or American
consumer? Plus do you send more than 11 cues at a time to have your
shipment categorized as commercial quantity in that country? Doesn't
the US Gov charge import taxes too?

Actually, the trade practice and economic downturn angle is just a
couple of the reasons for the decline of US cuemaker cue sales in
Japan. I have been made aware that after sales service is a major one
specially turn around time for repairs and hassles with the Fish &
Wildlife for ivory inlayed cues even though the US was the cue's
country of manufacture. With regard to your local sales, everybody
here can read in different billiard forums how US consumers complain
about the high prices of US made cues. Can you blame consumers for
wanting to save on their cue purchase?

FYI, in Asia the Philippines is considered as one major US products
buying country because of something unique to Filipinos and this is
called "colonial mentality". You probably should ask around about
this "colonial mentality" then maybe your attitude towards Filipinos
will change. Ex. Why are there more Predator or Viking users here
than Mezz or J&J cues. Maybe its because the Filipinos unconciously
have a better approval of the American colonization of this country
than of any other. Who knows.

Ed Reyes

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message news:<K84vb.13955$ow5.5867@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
> Another one of the ways you have of twisting the truth. No matter who has
> to pay the money it still comes out of the pocket of the consumer and when
> we don't charge anything and they charge up to 100 percent import fees on
> our cues it gives them an unfair marketing advantage.
>
> Buy American Made Products Only.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com
>
> "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message
> >
> > NOT A CRITIQUE OF ARNOT -
> >
> > When I export product to another country it is typically the
> > receiver(importer) there who is responsible for any duties and taxes. I
> > believe that it is the exception that an exporter will pick up the tab for
> > duties and taxes. It is true that there are no duties imposed on cues
> > coming into the USA and there are no export duties imposed either on cues
> > going out. Some countries do have realtively high duties on imports which
> > can affect the purchasing decision whereas a United States consumer can
> > purchase a cue from any country and just pay the asked for price plus
> > shipping and possibly brokerage fees.
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
> > > My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
> > >
> > > We live in the United States of America, and our cues are Made in U.S.A.
> We
> > > compete with each other with American labor, materials and
> craftsmanship.
> > > We have the same taxes, environmental requirements, social security
> > > payments, insurance, overhead and labor to pay. When we ship a cue
> overseas
> > > we have outrageous import duties to pay. These foreign cuemakers don't
> > > begin to have the expense we have and pay no or very little import fees
> on
> > > the cues that come into this country.
> > >
> > > Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list
> of
> > > American cuemakers.
> > >
> > > Arnot
> > > www.arnotq.com/
> > >

> > > "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message

20 Nov 2003 15:27:51
Bob Williamson
Re: List of American Cuemakers

"Steve." <rsb-asp-google@s-c-ellis.com >

Any car still working today
> from thirty years ago whether American or foriegn is clearly an
> exception, an anti-lemon if you will

Bullshit 30 years ago it was 1973 before all the emissions crap bogged
down the US built cars.

. However at the time with the
> exception of American trucks the foreign cars were just plain more
> reliable and lasted longer.

Again complete crap.

Take a 1973 Camaro with a 350 and properly maintain it it will out last
any 1973 Japanese made vehicle. Without question.

The reason you see American cars at a
> "local cruise night" is because the owners are people devouted to
> maintain a classic car they love. Not to many people are devouted to
> maintaining 30 year old Datsuns, they are just not that nostalgic.
> Don't get me wrong I love a classic "Super Bee" as much as anyone, but
> you know that's not the kind of vehicle I'm talking about.
> Fifty, even forty years ago I'd tend to agree with you America made a
> better car mostly because they didn't have to worry about engineering
> them for efficiency. However, starting in the 70's for a good 10 or 15
> year period while the big 3 learned how to produce efficient small
> engine vehicles with some get up and go they sucked. Even my '92 Dodge
> Caravan (still running God bless it's little heart) is still going
> strong on it's original Mitshibisi (or however you spell it) engine,
> but the American made transmission has been replaced once and is not
> doing so good now. Admittedly a transmission is by it's nature more
> trouble prone than an engine, but you get the idea.

Your "mitsubishi" engine in a 1992 Caravan was made in Normal IL, USA.

Do some research.

Even during the late 70's and early 80's when the US cars were down in the
power dept. they were still good running vehicles. I have never been
stranded by an American vehicle and will never buy/own anything else.

20 Nov 2003 13:49:54
Edwin Reyes

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message news:<tg4vb.13960$ow5.5596@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
> that Americans are
> generally known as citizens of the United States of America.

There you go, a clear definition from you. Ed<--carries a US Passport
and proud of it aside from volunteering to help in a field hospital
during the first Iraq War.

> I have cuemakers from all over the world trying to get on my list of
> American Cuemakers and I politely explain to them that I made the list to
> help those who need cue repairs and American Made Custom Cues.

20 Nov 2003 17:11:00
Arnot Wadsworth
Re: List of American Cuemakers

You know better then that - as long as you produce a product in the
Philippines with cheap labor, environmental laws, no social security
payments for your employees, no health benefits, cheap rent, and broken
files for tools we are not on a level playing field.

Then you send your cues here and pay very little import fees. When I send a
cue to the Philippines my customer pays outrageous import fees and that
impacts my sales greatly.

I don't have an attitude toward any foreign cuemaker personally but I think
our government should make it as hard for them to sell a cue here as other
countries make it hard for us to sell a cue there.

Tell us how much you pay one of your employees a day.

> [...]
> >
> > Arnot
> > www.arnotq.com
> >
> > "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > NOT A CRITIQUE OF ARNOT -
> > >
> > > When I export product to another country it is typically the
> > > receiver(importer) there who is responsible for any duties and taxes.
> > > believe that it is the exception that an exporter will pick up the tab
for
> > > duties and taxes. It is true that there are no duties imposed on cues
> > > coming into the USA and there are no export duties imposed either on
cues
> > > going out. Some countries do have realtively high duties on imports
which
> > > can affect the purchasing decision whereas a United States consumer
can
> > > purchase a cue from any country and just pay the asked for price plus

20 Nov 2003 17:25:10
pltrgyst

On 20 Nov 2003 06:00:46 -0800, ohagnir@hotmail.com (Fred Agnir) wrote:

>Larry <pltrgyst@hotpop.com> wrote
>>
>> Agreed. Odd coming from someone named "Arnot," eh? I'd have guessed he
>> was Quebecoise.
>
>Yikes. Wrong gender, Larry.

Je ne comprends pas. (Probably screwed that up too.) Sorry. I eat
French, but don't speak it.

On the other hand, maybe I was suggesting Arnot was a Quebecian of the
female persuasion.

Gender, schmender, If I can get a beer, a meal, and a room, and find
the toilet and the train station, I'm way ahead of the game.

-- Larry

20 Nov 2003 17:27:15
pltrgyst
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:53:40 +0000 (UTC), Bob Jewett
<jewett@sfbilliards.com > wrote:

>Larry <pltrgyst@hotpop.com> wrote:
>
>> Agreed. Odd coming from someone named "Arnot," eh? I'd have guessed he
>> was Quebecoise.
>
>Or even Quebecois.

Thank you. My "e" was silent.

-- Larry

20 Nov 2003 17:55:51
pltrgyst

<Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote:

>My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
>
>We live in the United States of America, and our cues are Made in U.S.A.....
>
>Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list of
>American cuemakers.

Hmmm..... memo to self: cross ArnotQ off list of cue makers to ever
consider buying or recommending to others.

Arnot's favorite Christmas carol:

"Jingo bells, jingo bells, jingo all the way!"

-- Larry

20 Nov 2003 23:10:18
-jeff

Bob Williamson wrote:
> "-jeff" <mungtor@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

> > If you're going against "ANYTHING ever made in Japan" your Chevelle
> > will lose handily to Mark IV Supras, Nissan Skylines, 300ZXs, and
> > probably to a mildly-worked Mitsubishi Eclipse. Especially if you are
> > interested in anything other than stoplight drag racing (which is only
> > popular in the US because Detriot still can only make 1 car that
> > handles worth a damn).
>

> Lose handily in what respect??? Some homos opinion??

Ahh. the high-school name calling. Wait while I get into character...

"No way man, you're the homo. A twin turbo Supra or 300ZX will turn 1/4
mile times in the low 12s with nothing more than a new exhaust system,
ass-face. 454 Chevelle crap-cars had trouble getting into the 13s, cock
slurper. If you weren't so gay, you would know that. So both those
cars are faster, stop quicker, and handle better than your
douche-mobile, dickweed."

With "better handling" being defined by higher ultimate grip, since I
don't think they ever did slalom tests on the Chevelle. I couldn't find
anything fast in the Road and Track archives.

> Define plenty. I can't speak for upstate NY but I am from Chgo IL and we
> have plenty of snow and salt. not a speck of rust on my car and it still
> purrs like a kitten.

1 person is not statistically significant. I have a '94 GMC 2500 that
spun a main bearing for no reason that anybody can find. Doesn't mean
that all of them are shit.

> Or people like their cars and like to display them whether it is a 57 Bel
> Air or a 87 GN or a 2003 vette.
>
> And for the record my Chevelle has disc brakes and 450 hp from the
> factory.

Along with a miserable weight bias, crappy steering and bias-ply tires.
Not really good for anything other than drag racing. Since you're
from the mid-west, I'll let you know there are places in the world where
the roads aren't straight and stop lights aren't looked at as light trees.

> > > You should think before running your trap next time.
> >
> > Good advice for anybody, I think.
>
> Yeah try using it next time.

Nah. Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.

21 Nov 2003 00:51:46
dalecue
Re: List of American Cuemakers

so john, aren't you supposed to be adding a comment about
Jack Justis to your posts?

just curious

Dale

John Barton wrote in message <-dudncZCpYz7UyGiRVn-vg@centurytel.net >...
>Dearest Arnot,
>
>I do not have to venture out of my way, you direct me there. You need to
>chill out. Your "list" is not totally altruistic as you would have us
>believe. You have a list of things like "Arnot's cue for sale" right down
>the middle of the cuemaker's list. They are not hyperlinked but I am
>guessing that they are supposed to be. The first impression I got was that
>I should look at the stuff you have in comparison to anything on the list.
>
>This is NOT a slam on you, it is good marketing and there is nothing wrong
>with it. You are confident enough in your product to provide a
comprhensive
>list of your competitiors and that speaks volumes to your potential
>customers. Just don't sugarcoat it with the "just doing a service line".
>
>Don't expect a free ride. You know the rules in this NG. If you want to
>participate don't say anything you don't want to be called on in some way
or
>another.
>
>John - always in the way.
>

>"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
>> Everyone in this group knows that you go out of your way to find fault
>with
>> everything that I do.
>>
>> It was so nice when you were absent for that short while. Please go away
>> again.
>>
>> Arnot
>> www.arnotq.com
>>

>> "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message
>> > Ah yes, but a smart marketing tactic indeed to pepper the list with
what
>> > think are supposed to be links to your stuff. Kinda like the old time
>> > subliminal marketing. But I find the list to be very helpful and
>replete
>> > with a lot of cuemakers who would otherwise get very little exposure.
>> >
>> > John
>> >

>> > "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
>> expense
>> anyone.
>American
>> their

>> > list

>of

20 Nov 2003 21:42:07
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

I may not be the best one for you to debate on these topics as I am
the one that people in the cue industry here aspire to work for
because of my not loosing sight of a human beings reason why they have
to be gainfully employed. Plus my having experienced being a business
owner and as an employee in the greatest demacratic nation have
resulted in my "human first" management style. I offer benefits that
are unheard of, ever hear of hospitalization assistance for distant
relatives?

Plus on a per cue basis, I probably have a higher material cost than
you do. Did you think that a quality product is created from low
quality materials, labor and know-how. You should be glad that I am
here or some ArnotQs would have been unfavourable representations of
your craftsmanship. I know that I will be glad and thankful should an
eventuality arise that an ER cue will need the special attention of a
US cuemaker.

Had I not placed a lot of importance on my being able to spend more
time with my ageing parents I will still be there in CA then we
probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

Ed Reyes (broken file user but didn't somebody here say "It's not the
arrow but the Indian"!

Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message news:<WXavb.8265$zi3.180@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
> [...]
> > called "colonial mentality". You probably should ask around about
> > this "colonial mentality" then maybe your attitude towards Filipinos
> > will change. Ex. Why are there more Predator or Viking users here
> > than Mezz or J&J cues. Maybe its because the Filipinos unconciously
> > have a better approval of the American colonization of this country
> > than of any other. Who knows.
> >
> > Ed Reyes
> >
> > "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
> > > Another one of the ways you have of twisting the truth. No matter who
> has
> > > to pay the money it still comes out of the pocket of the consumer and
> when
> > > we don't charge anything and they charge up to 100 percent import fees
> on
> > > our cues it gives them an unfair marketing advantage.

21 Nov 2003 02:48:27
Edwin Reyes

malone@ca.ibm.com (David Malone) wrote in message news:<3fbcf4eb.258377828@ausnews.austin.ibm.com >...
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:29:10 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
> <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote:
>
> >Buy American Made Products Only.
>
> Or, should that be Buy USA Made Products Only?
>
> Hmmmn... wait a minute. Maybe Arnot could start an isolationist,
> protectivist cuemakers lobby called 'BUMPO' to stand up for the rights
> of the overworked, under-paid, downtrodden USA cuemaker in Washington,
> DC?
>
> For some reason, BUMPO sounds oddly appropriate.
>
> David "The Hamster" Malone

I applaud your wit and humor! BUMPO for Buy US Made Products Only.
Can I get the rights to make bumper stickers?
Ed

21 Nov 2003 03:45:31
Steve.

-jeff <mungtor@yahoo.com > wrote in message news:<3FBD49B4.2050402@yahoo.com>...

> Nah. Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics.
>
> Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Now that comment could start a whole nother thread of name calling. ;-)

21 Nov 2003 14:33:10
David Malone
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On 21 Nov 2003 02:48:27 -0800, edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes)
wrote:

>I applaud your wit and humor! BUMPO for Buy US Made Products Only.
>Can I get the rights to make bumper stickers?

It's all yours Edwin... lol.

David "The Hamster" Malone

21 Nov 2003 09:27:31
John Barton
Re: List of American Cuemakers

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message news:<WXavb.8265$zi3.180@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
> You know better then that - as long as you produce a product in the
> Philippines with cheap labor, environmental laws, no social security
> payments for your employees, no health benefits, cheap rent, and broken
> files for tools we are not on a level playing field.
>
> Then you send your cues here and pay very little import fees. When I send a
> cue to the Philippines my customer pays outrageous import fees and that
> impacts my sales greatly.
>
> I don't have an attitude toward any foreign cuemaker personally but I think
> our government should make it as hard for them to sell a cue here as other
> countries make it hard for us to sell a cue there.
>
> Tell us how much you pay one of your employees a day.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com

NOW THIS IS A CRITIQUE OF ARNOT!

Who the &%^&% cares what Edwin pays his employees. And it seems that
he gets a lot better cue done with his handtools than you do with you
shop full of equipment. Furthermore I will bet some serious money
that if we took a tour of your shop and home that you DO NOT buy 100%
American. The truth is that you are still a no-talent bigot. Other
countries do not MAKE IT HARD for you to sell cues - you do. There
are cuemakers in the USA who can sell everything they make to foreign
countries at any price even in a poor economic situation. You just
want to be the ONLY one making and selling cues. You want United
States citizen to ONLY buy United States produced goods but you
happily sell a cue to foreign customers. Why aren't you refusing
their business and telling them to go buy a cue made in their country?
Because you are a bigoted hypocrite, that's why.

I am sure that Edwin Reyes has done more for your sales by refinishing
your firewood than you ever could.

&^%&% you and your scamming "list". You just want a gimmick to drive
more traffic to your site. If you are so altruistic lets see you set
up a PURE list of "American" with NO other connection to you other
than the SAME listing that everyone else on the list gets. Anyone
wanna bet that this will NEVER happen?

John

> "Edwin Reyes" <edreyes@ibctour.com.ph> wrote in message
> > I don't know what "twisting the truth" you're talking about here.
> > Let's check this out. You, Arnot, sold cues to a dealer in a foreign
> > country. The dealer ends up paying 100% duty, tacks on the
> > acquisition expenses onto the merchandise's selling price then Mr./Ms.
> > Foreign Buyer pays. How did this hurt the US Economy or American
> > consumer? Plus do you send more than 11 cues at a time to have your
> > shipment categorized as commercial quantity in that country? Doesn't
> > the US Gov charge import taxes too?
> >
> > Actually, the trade practice and economic downturn angle is just a
> > couple of the reasons for the decline of US cuemaker cue sales in
> > Japan. I have been made aware that after sales service is a major one
> > specially turn around time for repairs and hassles with the Fish &
> > Wildlife for ivory inlayed cues even though the US was the cue's
> > country of manufacture. With regard to your local sales, everybody
> > here can read in different billiard forums how US consumers complain
> > about the high prices of US made cues. Can you blame consumers for
> > wanting to save on their cue purchase?
> >
> > FYI, in Asia the Philippines is considered as one major US products
> > buying country because of something unique to Filipinos and this is
> > called "colonial mentality". You probably should ask around about
> > this "colonial mentality" then maybe your attitude towards Filipinos
> > will change. Ex. Why are there more Predator or Viking users here
> > than Mezz or J&J cues. Maybe its because the Filipinos unconciously
> > have a better approval of the American colonization of this country
> > than of any other. Who knows.
> >
> > Ed Reyes
> >
> > "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message
> > > Another one of the ways you have of twisting the truth. No matter who
> has
> > > to pay the money it still comes out of the pocket of the consumer and
> when
> > > we don't charge anything and they charge up to 100 percent import fees
> on
> > > our cues it gives them an unfair marketing advantage.
> > >
> > > Buy American Made Products Only.
> > >
> > > Arnot
> > > www.arnotq.com
> > >
> > > "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message

> for
> cues
> which
> can

> U.S.A.
> We
> craftsmanship.
> overseas
> don't
> fees
> on

> list
> of

> other

> and
> Canadian

21 Nov 2003 09:30:23
John Barton

"dalecue" <pdgill@spamxerworldnet.att.net > wrote in message news:<Ckdvb.90567$Ec1.4365562@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> so john, aren't you supposed to be adding a comment about
> Jack Justis to your posts?
>
> just curious
>
> Dale

No. Look it up.

John

21 Nov 2003 18:13:22
Bob Jewett
Re: List of American Cuemakers

David Malone <malone@ca.ibm.com > wrote:

> For some reason, BUMPO sounds oddly appropriate.

For a picture and description of Natty Bumpo, see

http://lsb.syr.edu/projects/wpafolder/coopernatty.html

Bob

21 Nov 2003 12:36:26
Pat Hall
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Wouldn't those be BUMPO stickers?

PatH

David Malone wrote:

>On 21 Nov 2003 02:48:27 -0800, edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes)
>wrote:
>

>>I applaud your wit and humor! BUMPO for Buy US Made Products Only.
>>Can I get the rights to make bumper stickers?
>>

>It's all yours Edwin... lol.
>
>David "The Hamster" Malone

21 Nov 2003 18:44:04
David Malone
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:13:22 +0000 (UTC), Bob Jewett
<jewett@sfbilliards.com > wrote:

>For a picture and description of Natty Bumpo, see

Well, I agree you can't get much more American than that...

BTW, I did a Google search and found that Bumpo is also a black Prince
from Dr Doolittle and a life-sized motorized elephant among other
things.

David "The Hamster" Malone

21 Nov 2003 19:03:18
David Malone
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:36:26 -0600, Pat Hall
<phall@notsospam.certcoinc.com > wrote:

>Wouldn't those be BUMPO stickers?

Lol...

David "The Hamster" Malone

21 Nov 2003 13:31:46
gr8pool
Re: List of American Cuemakers

LMAO

--

It's all in the stroke!

> -jeff <mungtor@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:<3FBD49B4.2050402@yahoo.com >...

> > Nah. Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics.
> >
> > Even if you win, you're still retarded.
>
> Now that comment could start a whole nother thread of name calling. ;-)

21 Nov 2003 22:37:30
Steve Ellis
Re: List of American Cuemakers

LOL, my man, LOL!!!!

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:13:22 +0000 (UTC), Bob Jewett <jewett@sfbilliards.com > wrote:

>David Malone <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> For some reason, BUMPO sounds oddly appropriate.
>
>For a picture and description of Natty Bumpo, see
>
> http://lsb.syr.edu/projects/wpafolder/coopernatty.html
>
>Bob

21 Nov 2003 16:44:49
johnny t
Re: List of American Cuemakers

A much better list of cue makers can be found at

http://www.poolroom.com/rooms/CueMakersSearch.asp
http://www.easypooltutor.com/cuemakers.html

This 2 sites have a searchable list (by state, city, etc) and it
contains a listing of cuemakers worldwide and not just US cuemakers.

Don't waste your time with Arnot's list.

22 Nov 2003 05:58:22
sheldoncue

Samiel <samiel@samiel.com > wrote:

> I just talked to him Tuesday and he mentioned that he will be moving
> (back) to Oregon soon.

Tell him to look me up if he does...

22 Nov 2003 02:02:29
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message news:<K84vb.13955$ow5.5867@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...

> Buy American Made Products Only.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com

I don't know how persuasive such statement is going to be specially
coming from a man whose website shows a China made Grizzly Industries
lathe.

Ed Reyes

22 Nov 2003 02:16:06
Edwin Reyes

malone@ca.ibm.com (David Malone) wrote in message news:<3fbe6151.351664437@ausnews.austin.ibm.com >...
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:36:26 -0600, Pat Hall
> <phall@notsospam.certcoinc.com> wrote:
>
> >Wouldn't those be BUMPO stickers?
>
> Lol...
>
> David "The Hamster" Malone

LOL but my personal BUMPO sticker's gonna say "It's not the Rifled
Musket but the BUMPO"

Ed<---loves the humor

22 Nov 2003 07:24:24
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Arnot,

That was a real slap in his face when he got refused. This guy
doesn't understand politeness.
> I remember when you wanted to get on the list of American Cuemakers and were
> politely refused.

Not only does he not pay social security, he even maltreats his makers
(not helpers).

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message news:<7d4vb.13958$ow5.12234@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
> Your company makes cues in the Philippines. You do not pay social security
> benefits to your employees, you do not pay the wages I pay my helper, you do
> not have the overhead I have and you contribute almost nothing to this
> economy. You take American money to the Philippines to spend on that
> economy. You have the best of both worlds. Cheap prices there - No
> investment here - Low expenses and very cheap labor.
>

> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com/
>
> "Edwin Reyes" <edreyes@ibctour.com.ph> wrote in message
> > "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message
> > > NOT A CRITIQUE OF ARNOT -
> > >
> > > When I export product to another country it is typically the
> > > receiver(importer) there who is responsible for any duties and taxes. I
> > > believe that it is the exception that an exporter will pick up the tab
> for
> > > duties and taxes. It is true that there are no duties imposed on cues
> > > coming into the USA and there are no export duties imposed either on
> cues
> > > going out. Some countries do have realtively high duties on imports
> which
> > > can affect the purchasing decision whereas a United States consumer can
> > > purchase a cue from any country and just pay the asked for price plus
> > > shipping and possibly brokerage fees.
> > >
> > > John
> > >
> > > "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message

> U.S.A.
> We
> craftsmanship.
> overseas
> don't
> fees on

> list
> of

> other

> and
> Canadian

> > I can't believe that such a statement and attitude would come from
> > somebody who expects support of his products from overseas and across
> > the border buyers. I'm glad that you didn't include me even though
> > I'm a US National, recieves an annual contribution statement from the
> > Social Security Administration, buys cue components from US companies
> > (hmm.. maybe maple grows in Timbuktu) and being a US National is
> > considered American Labor.
> > Good Luck anyway and hope your list benefits you as you expect it.
> > Ed Reyes

22 Nov 2003 07:48:28
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

of course you'll be glad a US cuemaker works on your cue
because you don't want the public knowing you actually
make junk. How many Arnots have you
actually worked on and how have you kept Arnot from having a
bad reputation since they the original owner would realize
the cue was flawed to begin with or else he/she
wouldn't have brought it to you in the first place.

edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311202142.2b81a011@posting.google.com >...

> [...]
> > > specially turn around time for repairs and hassles with the Fish &
> > > Wildlife for ivory inlayed cues even though the US was the cue's
> > > country of manufacture. With regard to your local sales, everybody
> > > here can read in different billiard forums how US consumers complain
> > > about the high prices of US made cues. Can you blame consumers for
> > > wanting to save on their cue purchase?
> > >
> > > FYI, in Asia the Philippines is considered as one major US products
> > > buying country because of something unique to Filipinos and this is
> > > called "colonial mentality". You probably should ask around about
> > > this "colonial mentality" then maybe your attitude towards Filipinos
> > > will change. Ex. Why are there more Predator or Viking users here
> > > than Mezz or J&J cues. Maybe its because the Filipinos unconciously
> > > have a better approval of the American colonization of this country

22 Nov 2003 07:56:54
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Arnot has every right to include or exclude cuemakers in his list.
Since he dedicated his list to American cuemakers, so be it. He
doesn't even have to explain why he made it an all American list as it
is his.
Why don't you start your "Worldwide list" and I'm sure nobody will
complain why you included everyone as it is to say it bluntly YOURS!

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message news:<HlPub.783$DX3.297@bignews5.bellsouth.net>...
> My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
>
> We live in the United States of America, and our cues are Made in U.S.A. We
> compete with each other with American labor, materials and craftsmanship.
> We have the same taxes, environmental requirements, social security
> payments, insurance, overhead and labor to pay.
> Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my list of
> American cuemakers.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com/

22 Nov 2003 14:53:40
Edwin Reyes

joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311220748.5d17fe60@posting.google.com >...
> of course you'll be glad a US cuemaker works on your cue
> because you don't want the public knowing you actually
> make junk.

LOL, and that statement is from first hand experience, right?

How many Arnots have you
> actually worked on and how have you kept Arnot from having a
> bad reputation since they the original owner would realize
> the cue was flawed to begin with or else he/she
> wouldn't have brought it to you in the first place.

Wasn't there the word "representation" in my statement. The owner was
disappionted that's why he brought the "Yellowjacket" to me. needless
to say, he's happy now and had forgotten that the cue was defective at
one time. Also people that view it now don't form any negative
opinion and it doesn't matter to me if Arnot gets the credit. You
should have discussed this with Arnot first as he is well aware of
these incident. I will not go any further as it will be detrimental
to the person that you're trying to defend without knowing the facts.
Ed Reyes

> [...]
> > arrow but the Indian"!
> >
> > Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message news:<WXavb.8265$zi3.180@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
> > > You know better then that - as long as you produce a product in the
> > > Philippines with cheap labor, environmental laws, no social security
> > > payments for your employees, no health benefits, cheap rent, and broken
> > > files for tools we are not on a level playing field.
> > >
> > > Then you send your cues here and pay very little import fees. When I send a
> > > cue to the Philippines my customer pays outrageous import fees and that
> > > impacts my sales greatly.
> > >
> > > I don't have an attitude toward any foreign cuemaker personally but I think
> > > our government should make it as hard for them to sell a cue here as other
> > > countries make it hard for us to sell a cue there.
> > >
> > > Tell us how much you pay one of your employees a day.

22 Nov 2003 16:35:05
Edwin Reyes

joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311220756.16e12827@posting.google.com >...
> Arnot has every right to include or exclude cuemakers in his list.

True, and I agree that he has every right to do so.

> Since he dedicated his list to American cuemakers, so be it. He
> doesn't even have to explain why he made it an all American list as it
> is his.

This is exactly the part that was asked for clarification. A decent
answer without conveying a ____ attitude would have sufficed.

> Why don't you start your "Worldwide list" and I'm sure nobody will
> complain why you included everyone as it is to say it bluntly YOURS!

Please have someone sit by you to explain to you the posts. Next time
too, please be original with your freemail address.
joshuabel316@yahoo and mosesknight846@yahoo<---biblical names and
numbers referring to biblical passages, just use your original
***37354@yahoo.com of Madisonville,TN 37354.
Ed Reyes<--dumping another address into the ignore list

22 Nov 2003 17:01:24
Edwin Reyes

joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311220724.1d928e71@posting.google.com >...
> Arnot,
>
> That was a real slap in his face when he got refused. This guy
> doesn't understand politeness.

So what was politely refused? You need help to comprehand and iy's
alright to ask for it.

> Not only does he not pay social security, he even maltreats his makers
> (not helpers).

This has been addressed but if you insist on getting concrete evidence
then file a court case and get a court order for me to show you
evidence of social security contributions. Until then, you are just a
freemail using rumor-monger.
Ed Reyes

> "Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote in message news:<7d4vb.13958$ow5.12234@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
> > Your company makes cues in the Philippines. You do not pay social security
> > benefits to your employees, you do not pay the wages I pay my helper, you do
> > not have the overhead I have and you contribute almost nothing to this
> > economy. You take American money to the Philippines to spend on that
> > economy. You have the best of both worlds. Cheap prices there - No
> > investment here - Low expenses and very cheap labor.
> >

> > Arnot
> > www.arnotq.com/
> >
> > "Edwin Reyes" <edreyes@ibctour.com.ph> wrote in message
> > > "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message

> for
> cues
> which

> > U.S.A.
> > We
> craftsmanship.
> overseas
> don't
> fees on

> > list
> > of

> other

> and
> Canadian

> > > I can't believe that such a statement and attitude would come from
> > > somebody who expects support of his products from overseas and across
> > > the border buyers. I'm glad that you didn't include me even though
> > > I'm a US National, recieves an annual contribution statement from the
> > > Social Security Administration, buys cue components from US companies
> > > (hmm.. maybe maple grows in Timbuktu) and being a US National is
> > > considered American Labor.
> > > Good Luck anyway and hope your list benefits you as you expect it.
> > > Ed Reyes

22 Nov 2003 17:10:39
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

comprehend.
> Ed Reyes<--hunt and poke typist gone with his rod and reel ;-)

22 Nov 2003 20:37:18
John Barton
Re: List of American Cuemakers

I would like to say that the BUMPO stickers can be made cheaply in China.
As are some of the American flags that I have seen with the "made in China"
stickers on them.

How's that Grizzly lathe Arnot? Makin' some good ole American cues on it?

John

"Steve Ellis" <rsp-asp@RemoveThiss-c-ellis.com > wrote in message
> LOL, my man, LOL!!!!
>
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:13:22 +0000 (UTC), Bob Jewett
<jewett@sfbilliards.com > wrote:

> >David Malone <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> >> For some reason, BUMPO sounds oddly appropriate.
> >
> >For a picture and description of Natty Bumpo, see
> >
> > http://lsb.syr.edu/projects/wpafolder/coopernatty.html
> >
> >Bob

22 Nov 2003 23:13:33
GigliSucks

edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311221701.366a6797@posting.google.com >...
> joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311220724.1d928e71@posting.google.com>...
> > Arnot,
> >
> > That was a real slap in his face when he got refused. This guy
> > doesn't understand politeness.
>
> So what was politely refused? You need help to comprehand and iy's
> alright to ask for it.
>

> > Not only does he not pay social security, he even maltreats his makers
> > (not helpers).
> >
> This has been addressed but if you insist on getting concrete evidence
> then file a court case and get a court order for me to show you
> evidence of social security contributions. Until then, you are just a
> freemail using rumor-monger.
> Ed Reyes

What about the allegation that you maltreat your cue makers? Care to comment?

23 Nov 2003 00:26:39
joshuabel

edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311200256.7b7e4622@posting.google.com >...
> "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message news:<8Yudna-c6ukz2iGiRVn-sA@centurytel.net>...

You're glad you're not included??? Oh c'mon , you've been craving
dying for that attention for all ye cares! Being rejected by the ACA
was a pont blank shot in your face!

I'm glad that you didn't include me even though
> I'm a US National, recieves an annual contribution statement from the
> Social Security Administration, buys cue components from US companies
> (hmm.. maybe maple grows in Timbuktu) and being a US National is
> considered American Labor.
> Good Luck anyway and hope your list benefits you as you expect it.
> Ed Reyes

23 Nov 2003 00:42:19
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

What SUV? motorcycle? are you talking about? This guy is a certified
LIAR!
This guy drives around town pickin up underage bar girlies with his
old dilapidated black benz. Which I was told was given 2 him by his
gay customer. Which motorcycle are you talking about? Maybe the one
you frequently borrow from your rich gay friend?
Black and Decker, Hanes etc etc... no its not the Talibans (not
Taleban) that gained but those chinky eye kids did, they're Made in
China now lad.

This guy edwin pretends to be Mr. Nice guy, but oh beware thou shalt
not be fooled into thinking he is. He has such bad reputation in
Manila that he might soon have to go back to the states and just
receive state pension there.

edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311201140.7312f050@posting.google.com >...
> [...]
> craftsmanship.
> overseas
> don't
> fees on

> > list
> > of

> other

> and
> Canadian

> > > I can't believe that such a statement and attitude would come from
> > > somebody who expects support of his products from overseas and across
> > > the border buyers. I'm glad that you didn't include me even though
> > > I'm a US National, recieves an annual contribution statement from the
> > > Social Security Administration, buys cue components from US companies
> > > (hmm.. maybe maple grows in Timbuktu) and being a US National is
> > > considered American Labor.
> > > Good Luck anyway and hope your list benefits you as you expect it.

23 Nov 2003 01:52:57
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311220748.5d17fe60@posting.google.com >...
> of course you'll be glad a US cuemaker works on your cue
> because you don't want the public knowing you actually
> make junk. How many Arnots have you
> actually worked on and how have you kept Arnot from having a
> bad reputation since they the original owner would realize
> the cue was flawed to begin with or else he/she
> wouldn't have brought it to you in the first place.

Do you want to know how I knew that it was you, Mr.
http://www.biblebelievers.com/powell2.html
1. Your tendancy to use biblical names and references to passages.
Easiest way for you to remember made up free-mail addresses, huh?
2. Your prepensity at twisting my statements. Go ahead and check
what you replied again. It's so freaking confusing in between
attempts to refute.
3. In your homepage www.queperfect.biz in your topic "Expose of the
ER240", you said "Already two times this week I sent Edwin letters
offering to call a truce and end all of this on condition that he get
Lindsey to return the properties he stole from me." Logically, a
person who considers himself having been offended doesn't offer a
truce but demands an apology, well, I do demand an apology! And now
people here who'll read this will know what I'm talking about and
understand your modus-operandi when they read that tangled web of a
story you wove. You're not just a bigot but also a "blackmailer" who
thinks that he can blackmail people with his website.

And as you always say, have a nice day!
Ed Reyes< Knows he does this to get free advertising, ask Willee and
Sherm. Let's indulge him for the last time though.
> > I may not be the best one for you to debate on these topics as I am
> > the one that people in the cue industry here aspire to work for
> > because of my not loosing sight of a human beings reason why they have
> > to be gainfully employed. Plus my having experienced being a business
> > owner and as an employee in the greatest demacratic nation have
> > resulted in my "human first" management style. I offer benefits that
> > are unheard of, ever hear of hospitalization assistance for distant
> > relatives?
> > Plus on a per cue basis, I probably have a higher material cost than
> > you do. Did you think that a quality product is created from low
> > quality materials, labor and know-how. You should be glad that I am
> > here or some ArnotQs would have been unfavourable representations of
> > your craftsmanship. I know that I will be glad and thankful should an
> > eventuality arise that an ER cue will need the special attention of a
> > US cuemaker.
> >
> > Had I not placed a lot of importance on my being able to spend more
> > time with my ageing parents I will still be there in CA then we
> > probably wouldn't be having this discussion.
> >
> > Ed Reyes (broken file user but didn't somebody here say "It's not the
> > arrow but the Indian"!

23 Nov 2003 03:05:45
Edwin Reyes

gigli5512@yahoo.com (GigliSucks) wrote in message news:<4e259696.0311222313.51f19c0@posting.google.com >...
> edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311221701.366a6797@posting.google.com>...
> > joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311220724.1d928e71@posting.google.com>...
> > > Arnot,
> > >
> > > That was a real slap in his face when he got refused. This guy
> > > doesn't understand politeness.
> >
> > So what was politely refused? You need help to comprehand and iy's
> > alright to ask for it.
> >

> > > Not only does he not pay social security, he even maltreats his makers
> > > (not helpers).
> > >
> > This has been addressed but if you insist on getting concrete evidence
> > then file a court case and get a court order for me to show you
> > evidence of social security contributions. Until then, you are just a
> > freemail using rumor-monger.
> > Ed Reyes
> > >

> What about the allegation that you maltreat your cue makers? Care to comment?

Even though this is your FIRST POST (interesting post, who to question
and timing from a numbered freemail addy using newbie) in "all" Google
NGs, I'll answer this one but it's the last time for you. I'd would
say that 1. Creating beautiful things only come from a happy and
content person that has good karma. 2. Anybody who maltreats should
expect a come-uppance. and 3. In ER Cues, I'm the only cuemaker and
the couple of apprentices are dedicated part makers.
Edwin Reyes <--Thinks that he either forgot or lost his "cockles" to
use his real e-addy or previously used incriminating free-mail addys

23 Nov 2003 03:24:54
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

gigli5512@yahoo.com (GigliSucks) wrote in message

> What about the allegation that you maltreat your cue makers? Care to comment?

I can feel another convoluted story coming. Sooooo predictable!
Too bad you haven't seen my last posts before you posted, Giggy Boy.
Go complain to Google about the 3-9 hours delay.
Have a nice day and check my exotic woods! ROTFLMAO
Edwin Reyes

23 Nov 2003 06:20:43
Edwin Reyes

edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311230324.283a51ec@posting.google.com >...
> gigli5512@yahoo.com (GigliSucks) wrote in message
>
> > What about the allegation that you maltreat your cue makers? Care to comment?
>
> I can feel another convoluted story coming. Sooooo predictable!
> Too bad you haven't seen my last posts before you posted, Giggy Boy.
> Go complain to Google about the 3-9 hours delay.
> Have a nice day and check my exotic woods! ROTFLMAO
> Edwin Reyes

Hey Giggli Boy aka Ronnie Boy,

You're sooo busted. Were you referring to this:
Psalm 55
12 For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have
borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself
against me; then I would have hid myself from him:

or these:

Psalm 55
1 Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my
supplication.
2 Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a
noise;

It doesn't matter what denomination you say you are, I still say it's
50s and 100s. Run along now and tend to your tax-exempt business, Mr.
President and Founder.

Edwin Reyes <---Still maintains that he's a jealous mentally
challenged fool with yet another sleepless night and thinking(?) of
how he can squirm out of this one. My suggestion: Crawl lower than
what's lower than a snake's belly.

23 Nov 2003 06:32:04
Edwin Reyes

joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311230026.52516b72@posting.google.com >...
> edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311200256.7b7e4622@posting.google.com>...
> > "John Barton" <instroke@instroke.com> wrote in message news:<8Yudna-c6ukz2iGiRVn-sA@centurytel.net>...
>
> You're glad you're not included??? Oh c'mon , you've been craving
> dying for that attention for all ye cares! Being rejected by the ACA
> was a pont blank shot in your face!
>

> I'm glad that you didn't include me even though
> > I'm a US National, recieves an annual contribution statement from the
> > Social Security Administration, buys cue components from US companies
> > (hmm.. maybe maple grows in Timbuktu) and being a US National is
> > considered American Labor.
> > Good Luck anyway and hope your list benefits you as you expect it.
> > Ed Reyes

Calling Jim Buss! Do you see any application form there with my name.
Oh, I think Josh Baby here is referring to the "Reject File". LOL

Edwin Reyes<--thinks he thought he was going to finally get even with
me for exposing his QP scam on the American Consumers and bigotry to
Filipinos even after he used them to make his cues.

23 Nov 2003 09:48:20
GigliSucks
Re: List of American Cuemakers

edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311202142.2b81a011@posting.google.com >...
> I may not be the best one for you to debate on these topics as I am
> the one that people in the cue industry here aspire to work for
> because of my not loosing sight of a human beings reason why they have
> to be gainfully employed. Plus my having experienced being a business
> owner and as an employee in the greatest demacratic nation have
> resulted in my "human first" management style. I offer benefits that
> are unheard of, ever hear of hospitalization assistance for distant
> relatives?

You mistreat the poor people who makes your cues and you claim to have
a "human first" management style? You are a hypocrite.

23 Nov 2003 10:17:27
charlie edwards
Re: List of American Cuemakers

> 3. In your homepage www.queperfect.biz in your topic "Expose of the
> ER240"

This Que Perfect guy really did a job on you. I can hardly believe you brought
attention to his website. But since you did, would you be so kind as to explain
the negative things he said? Since reading his side of the story, and knowing
there is always two sides to every story, I would be very interested in hearing
yours.

Charlie Edwards

23 Nov 2003 14:19:55
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Yes, he mistreats his cuemakers. Just 2 weeks ago all 3 of the best
cuemakers he has employed since the start of his so called "cuemaking
career" has "RESIGNED". They are now working for another Jap.
collector. He has hired a batch of new cuemakers to do work for him.
So don't expect the construction of his cues to be anywhere near his
previously claimed works as this guy is dead meat without his original
makers.
Oh about his so called scrimshaws, he's got a drug dependent tattoo
artist doing this for him too. This design would stay as this guy
still works for him as they share drugs and girls together.
Well if you're in Manila , you'll know the truth. It won't take a lot
of effort get some info about his damaged reputation.

Ed the great pretender.

FACTS NOT FICTION

gigli5512@yahoo.com (GigliSucks) wrote in message news:<4e259696.0311230948.71e385bf@posting.google.com >...
> edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311202142.2b81a011@posting.google.com>...
> > I may not be the best one for you to debate on these topics as I am
> > the one that people in the cue industry here aspire to work for
> > because of my not loosing sight of a human beings reason why they have
> > to be gainfully employed. Plus my having experienced being a business
> > owner and as an employee in the greatest demacratic nation have
> > resulted in my "human first" management style. I offer benefits that
> > are unheard of, ever hear of hospitalization assistance for distant
> > relatives?
> >

> You mistreat the poor people who makes your cues and you claim to have
> a "human first" management style? You are a hypocrite.

23 Nov 2003 14:34:39
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

A real bigot till the end! Remember this post and keep it on file in
the archives.
Time will come and the tall tale will finally meet its end.
This guy is nothing without the cuemakers in his stable. Anyone who
goes to his shop today will know. He does nothing but sleep, browse
the internet and post in the forum. Going to bars at night playing
with his flock of girlies.
Even his Japanese sponsor is having a big headache now knowing that
Ed's cuemaker's have resigned. So they rush in to hire a new batch of
cuemakers, this are the rejects of another cuemaker Lindsey David.

Trust me give him a visit anytime soon and you'll know the truth.

AGAIN FACTS NOT FICTION

edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311230305.435341d1@posting.google.com >...
> gigli5512@yahoo.com (GigliSucks) wrote in message news:<4e259696.0311222313.51f19c0@posting.google.com>...
> > edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311221701.366a6797@posting.google.com>...

> > > So what was politely refused? You need help to comprehand and iy's
> > > alright to ask for it.

> > > This has been addressed but if you insist on getting concrete evidence
> > > then file a court case and get a court order for me to show you
> > > evidence of social security contributions. Until then, you are just a
> > > freemail using rumor-monger.
> > > Ed Reyes
> > > >

> > What about the allegation that you maltreat your cue makers? Care to comment?
>
> Even though this is your FIRST POST (interesting post, who to question
> and timing from a numbered freemail addy using newbie) in "all" Google
> NGs, I'll answer this one but it's the last time for you. I'd would
> say that 1. Creating beautiful things only come from a happy and
> content person that has good karma. 2. Anybody who maltreats should
> expect a come-uppance. and 3. In ER Cues, I'm the only cuemaker and
> the couple of apprentices are dedicated part makers.
> Edwin Reyes <--Thinks that he either forgot or lost his "cockles" to
> use his real e-addy or previously used incriminating free-mail addys

23 Nov 2003 16:06:35
Edwin Reyes

charlesedwardsjr@msn.com (charlie edwards) wrote in message news:<31a882d7.0311231017.38ec60a0@posting.google.com >...
> > 3. In your homepage www.queperfect.biz in your topic "Expose of the
> > ER240"
>
> This Que Perfect guy really did a job on you. I can hardly believe you brought
> attention to his website. But since you did, would you be so kind as to explain
> the negative things he said? Since reading his side of the story, and knowing
> there is always two sides to every story, I would be very interested in hearing
> yours.
>
> Charlie Edwards

Thank you for being interested in hearing my story. First, let me
make you aware of my use of name on my post as compared to you know
who.

The great thing about RSB is that it's unmoderated and the post cannot
be deleted by forum administrators. Hopefully they, forum admins,
will have the guts to speak up here and tell us the real reasons that
led to deletions of the posts. Begging your indulgence, I have to
direct you to archived posts here in RSB and could have also to other
forums but... Please check "Would you believe this" thread here in
this NG. It is best that you'll understand the whole story by
following the archived posts. There are also a few RSB regulars who
have personally experienced dealing with Ron and I'm hoping that
they'll share their experience.

I asked for this, what's transpiring at the moment, and am glad that
there may soon be an end to this fiasco. Notice one of my signatures
(Mssg #61), now you know what that means. Oh, I just saw his new
replies while looking for my mssg #, all he can resort to now is name
calling.

Please check archived thread that I referred to. Thanks
Edwin Reyes

23 Nov 2003 16:30:14
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

charlesedwardsjr@msn.com (charlie edwards) wrote in message news:<31a882d7.0311231017.38ec60a0@posting.google.com >...
> > 3. In your homepage www.queperfect.biz in your topic "Expose of the
> > ER240"
>
> This Que Perfect guy really did a job on you. I can hardly believe you brought
> attention to his website. But since you did, would you be so kind as to explain
> the negative things he said? Since reading his side of the story, and knowing
> there is always two sides to every story, I would be very interested in hearing
> yours.
>
> Charlie Edwards

Soory I had to cut that message short as it might "time out" on me
again. Took me a while to get that message # due to interruptions
from reading Joshuabel316's and Gigli5512's new posts.

Notice too that those 2 user names are new to these (referring to all
Google) NGs. They have never made 1 single post before the one here
yet now they, actually just he, make statements like they know so much
about me. He is so recognizable because of the way his messages show
his obsession which is get back at me for exposing him.

Check too my message dates and times in relation to his and you'll see
how I have recognized him and anticipated his moves.

Edwin Reyes<---my rod and reel works! Do I get to display my catch in
the Rogues' Gallery?

23 Nov 2003 16:32:29
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

charlesedwardsjr@msn.com (charlie edwards) wrote in message news:<31a882d7.0311231017.38ec60a0@posting.google.com >...
> > 3. In your homepage www.queperfect.biz in your topic "Expose of the
> > ER240"
>
> This Que Perfect guy really did a job on you. I can hardly believe you brought
> attention to his website. But since you did, would you be so kind as to explain
> the negative things he said? Since reading his side of the story, and knowing
> there is always two sides to every story, I would be very interested in hearing
> yours.
>
> Charlie Edwards

Oh, expect more first time posters' names to pop up!
Edwin Reyes

23 Nov 2003 18:28:27
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

charlesedwardsjr@msn.com (charlie edwards) wrote in message news:<31a882d7.0311231017.38ec60a0@posting.google.com >...
> > 3. In your homepage www.queperfect.biz in your topic "Expose of the
> > ER240"
>
> This Que Perfect guy really did a job on you. I can hardly believe you brought
> attention to his website.

Not a thing that he does can bully me into submission to his evil
desires.

But since you did, would you be so kind as to explain
> the negative things he said?
I'm sure that by just following time and date stamped postings, the
negative things that he say about me can be disproved. The same goes
with my cuemaking, I really don't have to explain as my explanation
will still depend on your trust. I find it best that you trust your
eyes and memory by answering these questions:
1. Viewing the thread "Bandido's Cues" in www.azbilliards.com 's Cue
Gallery section, wouldn't you say that the cue designs that I come up
with are original?
2. And if you agree to its originality, can you (while searching your
memory) say that any cuemaker in the whole history of cuemaking, here
in the Philippines or anywhere for that matter, has ever come up with
anything similar to my design approach?

It is not just design innovations that I have introduced but also
structural. And because of these things that have brought forth the
ire of jealous individuals. They are also the reason why there cannot
be any other person here that can put together an ERCue other than
myself, reason why the mention of "dedicated part maker", is to
protect myself and the consumer from scrupulous characters that reek
with jealousy and greed.

Need I say more?
Edwin Reyes

Since reading his side of the story, and knowing there is always two
sides to every story, I would be very interested in hearing
> yours.
>
> Charlie Edwards

23 Nov 2003 18:36:45
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

charlesedwardsjr@msn.com (charlie edwards) wrote in message news:<31a882d7.0311231017.38ec60a0@posting.google.com >...
> > 3. In your homepage www.queperfect.biz in your topic "Expose of the
> > ER240"
>
> This Que Perfect guy really did a job on you. I can hardly believe you brought
> attention to his website. But since you did, would you be so kind as to explain
> the negative things he said? Since reading his side of the story, and knowing
> there is always two sides to every story, I would be very interested in hearing
> yours.
>
> Charlie Edwards

Here too, Mr. Edwards, are some links to previous threads to this
topic.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=3D4121AA.A2C34AE3%40NoSpam.uky.edu&rnum=17&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dque%2Bperfect%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D3D4121AA.A2C34AE3%2540NoSpam.uky.edu%26rnum%3D17

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=3D40C8F5.36E31946%40NoSpam.uky.edu&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dque%2Bperfect%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D3D40C8F5.36E31946%2540NoSpam.uky.edu%26rnum%3D1

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=559c0a3c.0305130944.acb44ef%40posting.google.com&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dqueperfect%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D559c0a3c.0305130944.acb44ef%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D3

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=153afd27.0305061018.679b376b%40posting.google.com&rnum=4&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dqueperfect%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D153afd27.0305061018.679b376b%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D4

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=20021130111452.26047.00000319%40mb-fi.aol.com&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dqueperfect%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D20021130111452.26047.00000319%2540mb-fi.aol.com%26rnum%3D5

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=559c0a3c.0304110259.59e2cf6f%40posting.google.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dqueperfect%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D559c0a3c.0304110259.59e2cf6f%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D1

I am also going to post more links but am just waiting for the
approval of the original posters.

Edwin Reyes <---needs some help, from the other regulars who have
personal experiences with QP, reeling in if you find that it's the
right thing to do.

23 Nov 2003 18:42:43
Edwin Reyes

joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311231434.3333397e@posting.google.com >...
> A real bigot till the end! Remember this post and keep it on file in
> the archives.
> Time will come and the tall tale will finally meet its end.
> This guy is nothing without the cuemakers in his stable. Anyone who
> goes to his shop today will know. He does nothing but sleep, browse
> the internet and post in the forum. Going to bars at night playing
> with his flock of girlies.
> Even his Japanese sponsor is having a big headache now knowing that
> Ed's cuemaker's have resigned. So they rush in to hire a new batch of
> cuemakers, this are the rejects of another cuemaker Lindsey David.
>
> Trust me give him a visit anytime soon and you'll know the truth.
>
> AGAIN FACTS NOT FICTION

Sign your real name so that you will be somewhat believable!
Edwin Reyes

24 Nov 2003 01:14:06
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Still working on your character assasination scheme in order to take
over a popular product? Jealous and demented old scammer. Sign your
name on your posts. Or sign in a new user ID to make it look like you
have friends. By the way, why did you take out the links in your
evolution facts web page? Was it because of all these info? Are
these where you spread your very believable word? And ..... Don't
bother deleting as it's all saved including the links ptovided by some
of the addresses below.

Philippines
XXXX XXXX Church, Pastor XXXXXX XXXXX, P.O. Box 52159, Acpo, Angeles
City, 2009 (045-893-0837)

XXXXX XXXXXXX Church, Pastor XXXXX XXXXX, # 4143 Dahlia st.
Hensonville Subd. Malabařias Road, Angeles City, Philippines 2009
(063)-(045)-888-2076

XXXXX XXXXXXX Ministries, Pastor XXXXX XXXXX, P.O.Box 52911, Angeles
City, 2009 (011-63-45-331-1657)
XXXXXX XXXXXXX Church, Pastor XXXX XXXXX, 251 Malabanias Rd., Josefa
Subd.,Balibago, Angeles City, 2009 Pampanga (045-892-5834)

XXXXX XXXXX Fellowship, Pastor XXXXX XXXXX, P.O. Box 52159, ACPO, 2009
Angeles City, Philippines

XXXX XXXXX Temple, Pastor XXXX XXXXX, San Agustin, San Fernando,
Pampanga (045-9631918)

XXXXXX XXXXX Church of Jesus Christ, Pastor XXXXX XXXXXX, Dolores
Juctinon, San Fernando, Pampanga, C-2000 (63-045-6972)

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX Church, Pastor XXXXXXX XXXXX, 251 Malabanias
Road, Josefa Subd., Balibago, Angeles City, Pampanga 2009
(63-045-892-5834)

XX XXXX Church, Pastor XXXXX XXXXXX, 9913 Violeta St., Barangay Subd.,
Dau, Mabalacat, Pampanga 2010 (011-63-45-331-1657)

After reading the threads that the links I provided referred to,
readers here now know that cuemuseum and queperfect are one and the
same. So what are you doing trying to make yourself look good in your
website telling people how you foiled cuemuseum? What you were trying
to do was mislead people so that they won't suspect you and cuemuseum
are one and the same.

Edwin Reyes< still says "Sign your name"

joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311231419.8383f26@posting.google.com >...
> Yes, he mistreats his cuemakers. Just 2 weeks ago all 3 of the best
> cuemakers he has employed since the start of his so called "cuemaking
> career" has "RESIGNED". They are now working for another Jap.
> collector. He has hired a batch of new cuemakers to do work for him.
> So don't expect the construction of his cues to be anywhere near his
> previously claimed works as this guy is dead meat without his original
> makers.
> Oh about his so called scrimshaws, he's got a drug dependent tattoo
> artist doing this for him too. This design would stay as this guy
> still works for him as they share drugs and girls together.
> Well if you're in Manila , you'll know the truth. It won't take a lot
> of effort get some info about his damaged reputation.
>

> Ed the great pretender.
>
> FACTS NOT FICTION
>
> gigli5512@yahoo.com (GigliSucks) wrote in message news:<4e259696.0311230948.71e385bf@posting.google.com>...
> > edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311202142.2b81a011@posting.google.com>...
> > > I may not be the best one for you to debate on these topics as I am
> > > the one that people in the cue industry here aspire to work for
> > > because of my not loosing sight of a human beings reason why they have
> > > to be gainfully employed. Plus my having experienced being a business
> > > owner and as an employee in the greatest demacratic nation have
> > > resulted in my "human first" management style. I offer benefits that
> > > are unheard of, ever hear of hospitalization assistance for distant
> > > relatives?
> > >

> > You mistreat the poor people who makes your cues and you claim to have
> > a "human first" management style? You are a hypocrite.

24 Nov 2003 03:11:49
Edwin Reyes
Re: List of American Cuemakers

> > AGAIN FACTS NOT FICTION

Hey, this line sure ties you up to your website!
Sign your real name so that you will be somewhat believable!
Edwin Reyes

24 Nov 2003 09:09:11
Barry C.
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Edwin, I was priviledged to see and hit with a couple of your cues recently.

Very nice work! Some of the scrimshaw was as nice as I've seen.

Barry C.
cameroncues.com

24 Nov 2003 06:36:55
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Hey why don't you stop trying to divert people reading this threads
attention to other things and JUST ANSWER THE ALLEGATIONS that is if
you still have the balls to answer.

Remember everyone, this edwin reyes is a certified con man.
Just answer point blank.
1. Who is the one actually doing your so called scrimshaws, where
tdoes he get his inspirations on his works? shabu or ice? (its their
version of cocaine) !
2. Who are the cuemakers making your cues.
3. How did you double cross your friend the cuemaker Lindsey David.
4. Now all your cuemakers are gone because of maltreatment?
5. What SUV's are you talking about , you don't even own one. That
blac dilapidated smoke belching, oil pumping 1970's benz ur driving
was given by your very intimate and close gay friend??
Hanes? china made, corelle? maybe ur using the plastic version.

Now stop beating around the bush and just put up or shut up!

Let thy truth be known to man.

edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311240311.67594161@posting.google.com >...

> > > AGAIN FACTS NOT FICTION
> > >

> Hey, this line sure ties you up to your website!
> Sign your real name so that you will be somewhat believable!
> Edwin Reyes

24 Nov 2003 15:11:29
Samiel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 05:58:22 GMT, sheldoncue
<email.to.sheldoncue@spamgourmet.com > wrote:

>Samiel <samiel@samiel.com> wrote:
>
>> I just talked to him Tuesday and he mentioned that he will be moving
>> (back) to Oregon soon.
>>

>Tell him to look me up if he does...

Will do if I see him again.

- Samiel

24 Nov 2003 10:33:56
GigliSucks
Re: List of American Cuemakers

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=559c0a3c.0304110259.59e2cf6f%40posting.google.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dqueperfect%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D559c0a3c.0304110259.59e2cf6f%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D1

You claim to be VP of IBC Tour Philippines in the thread above.

"He could have found out that I'm the
IBC (International Billiard Council www.ibc-tour.com< see my name in
the 2003 WPA World Tour calendar and www.ibctour.com.ph)-Philippines
Vice-President which makes me real sensitive at keeping away from
improprieties."

IBC Tour Philippines is defunct now. Your improprieties must have come
out of the open and IBC decided to kick you out. You are no longer VP
of IBC Tour. Care to explain why?

24 Nov 2003 10:47:42
GigliSucks
Re: List of American Cuemakers

edreyes@ibctour.com.ph (Edwin Reyes) wrote in message news:<559c0a3c.0311230305.435341d1@posting.google.com >...
> gigli5512@yahoo.com (GigliSucks) wrote in message >
> > What about the allegation that you maltreat your cue makers? Care to comment?
>
> Even though this is your FIRST POST (interesting post, who to question
> and timing from a numbered freemail addy using newbie) in "all" Google
> NGs, I'll answer this one but it's the last time for you. I'd would
> say that 1. Creating beautiful things only come from a happy and
> content person that has good karma. 2. Anybody who maltreats should
> expect a come-uppance. and 3. In ER Cues, I'm the only cuemaker and
> the couple of apprentices are dedicated part makers.
> Edwin Reyes <--Thinks that he either forgot or lost his "cockles" to
> use his real e-addy or previously used incriminating free-mail addys

There are only 2 things from your reply that are true. The rest are
lies.
1. It WAS my first post. True! But who cares? You can discredit me if
it makes you feel better. Both you and I know that you mistreat the
poor people who work for you. Why do you think that your workers left
you? I am certain that you will deny this fact too.
2. "Creating beautiful things only come from a happy and content
person that has good karma". Good karma? Are you talking about
yourself? Hypocrite!
3. "Anybody who maltreats should expect a come-uppance." - True. Yours
has already started coming. Remember how IBC kicked you out and
cancelled IBC Tour Philippines under your bad leadership? Remember how
your cue makers left you?
4. "In ER Cues, I'm the only cuemaker and the couple of apprentices
are dedicated part makers." - another lie. Anyone who care has to
visit your shop to see the real truth. You provide the materials but
you don't make the cues.

24 Nov 2003 16:37:18
Edwin Reyes

"Barry C." <barry@nojunk2cameroncues.com > wrote in message news:<vs4467p02kiq60@corp.supernews.com>...
> Edwin, I was priviledged to see and hit with a couple of your cues recently.
>
> Very nice work! Some of the scrimshaw was as nice as I've seen.
>
> Barry C.
> cameroncues.com

Thanks, Barry.
Edwin Reyes

25 Nov 2003 06:47:05
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Oh how could you be so selfish to claim credit for the work of others
... tsk tsk tsk, you should be ashamed , shame on you mr pretender.
You're going down the drain and soon you'll be a legend in pool
alright, the great pretender! You'll be able to lie your way around
but fire always burns thru. Remember that. Your bound to be doomed.
Another expose for you all to know. Even the great Efren Reyes hates
you so much.
Not a single Philipino player even wants to be associated with you.
Hypocrite! Maybe the correct word should be not a single player even
trust you. Bigot!

Pity thy own soul , its never too late to repent your sins.

> 4. "In ER Cues, I'm the only cuemaker and the couple of apprentices
> are dedicated part makers." - another lie. Anyone who care has to
> visit your shop to see the real truth. You provide the materials but
> you don't make the cues.

25 Nov 2003 09:30:29
Fred Agnir
Re: List of American Cuemakers

"Barry C." <barry@nojunk2cameroncues.com > wrote

> Edwin, I was priviledged to see and hit with a couple of your cues recently.
>
> Very nice work! Some of the scrimshaw was as nice as I've seen.

Ditto

25 Nov 2003 16:14:43
Edwin Reyes

ohagnir@hotmail.com (Fred Agnir) wrote in message news:<5447edcf.0311250930.7e8e2de7@posting.google.com >...
> "Barry C." <barry@nojunk2cameroncues.com> wrote
>
> > Edwin, I was priviledged to see and hit with a couple of your cues recently.
> >
> > Very nice work! Some of the scrimshaw was as nice as I've seen.
> >

> Ditto

Thank you, Fred. And hopefully, I can join you all in one of the
RSB/ASP tournaments next year.
Edwin Reyes

25 Nov 2003 19:37:21
ratchet
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Where are these tournaments held ????

Edwin Reyes wrote:

> Thank you, Fred. And hopefully, I can join you all in one of the
> RSB/ASP tournaments next year.
> Edwin Reyes

27 Nov 2003 19:55:16
Mark0
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Someone pass Arnot the cheese will ya? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mark0

"Arnot Wadsworth" <Arnot@arnotq.com > wrote in message
> David it is kind of frustrating to go to all this time, effort and expense
> of maintaining this list for many years with hardly a thanks from anyone.
> try to make it a little easier for those who are looking for an American
> (United States of America) made cue to hook up with the cuemaker of their
> choice and I get this kind of grief from you.
>
> Thank you - you make it all so worth while.
>
> Arnot
> www.arnotq.com/
>

> "David Malone" <malone@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:20:52 -0500, "Arnot Wadsworth"
> > <Arnot@arnotq.com> wrote:
> >
> > >My list is for AMERICAN cuemakers.
> >
> > Both Canada and Mexico are AMERICAN. Perhaps you mean cuemakers from
> > the United States of America?
> >
> > If so... OK... I can live with that.
> >
> > >snipped jingo-istic bullshit...
> >
> > >Let them make their own list but do not expect me to add them to my
list
> of
> > >American cuemakers.
> >
> > Damn... what a shame. I imagine they were all agog in anticipation of
> > being accorded such a high honor.
> >
> > David "The Hamster" Malone

30 Nov 2003 15:38:46
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

edwin , you should say congratulations to your cuemakers for making a
cue people would want to play with , sad but they won't be there to
make more cues for you anymore.

"Barry C." <barry@nojunk2cameroncues.com > wrote in message news:<vs4467p02kiq60@corp.supernews.com>...
> Edwin, I was priviledged to see and hit with a couple of your cues recently.
>
> Very nice work! Some of the scrimshaw was as nice as I've seen.
>
> Barry C.
> cameroncues.com

30 Nov 2003 15:39:38
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

.

joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311240636.26ced368@posting.google.com >...
> Hey why don't you stop trying to divert people reading this threads
> attention to other things and JUST ANSWER THE ALLEGATIONS that is if
> you still have the balls to answer.
>
> Remember everyone, this edwin reyes is a certified con man.
> Just answer point blank.
> 1. Who is the one actually doing your so called scrimshaws, where

> tdoes he get his inspirations on his works? shabu or ice? (its their
> version of cocaine) !
> 2. Who are the cuemakers making your cues.
> 3. How did you double cross your friend the cuemaker Lindsey David.
> 4. Now all your cuemakers are gone because of maltreatment?
> 5. What SUV's are you talking about , you don't even own one. That
> blac dilapidated smoke belching, oil pumping 1970's benz ur driving
> was given by your very intimate and close gay friend??
> Hanes? china made, corelle? maybe ur using the plastic version.
>
> Now stop beating around the bush and just put up or shut up!

> > Hey, this line sure ties you up to your website!
> > Sign your real name so that you will be somewhat believable!
> > Edwin Reyes

30 Nov 2003 20:15:19
Edwin Reyes

joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311301539.77311905@posting.google.com >...
> .
>

> joshuabel316@yahoo.com (joshuabel) wrote in message news:<6c231ea8.0311240636.26ced368@posting.google.com>...
> > Hey why don't you stop trying to divert people reading this threads
> > attention to other things and JUST ANSWER THE ALLEGATIONS that is if
> > you still have the balls to answer.
> >
> > Remember everyone, this edwin reyes is a certified con man.
> > Just answer point blank.
> > 1. Who is the one actually doing your so called scrimshaws, where
>
> > tdoes he get his inspirations on his works? shabu or ice? (its their
> > version of cocaine) !
> > 2. Who are the cuemakers making your cues.
> > 3. How did you double cross your friend the cuemaker Lindsey David.
> > 4. Now all your cuemakers are gone because of maltreatment?
> > 5. What SUV's are you talking about , you don't even own one. That
> > blac dilapidated smoke belching, oil pumping 1970's benz ur driving
> > was given by your very intimate and close gay friend??
> > Hanes? china made, corelle? maybe ur using the plastic version.
> >
> > Now stop beating around the bush and just put up or shut up!
> >
> > Let thy truth be known to man.

Hey Joshuabel316, why don't you sign your real name? You're so scared
that I'll sue you? I will, no doubt about it!

A friend of yours from another newsgroup,I don't exactly remember if
it was religion or feminist, mentioned that you're also known as John
Knight. Is that why you use to have a MosesKnight846 alias? What do
I care, I just told your friend to look for you around the San
Fernando-Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines area driving a white
Nissan Patrol and looking like a bald Santa Claus.

Sign your name, Josh Baby the tough guy!
Edwin Reyes< still thinks JoshGiggy baby is still trying to make a
name for himself, by hook or by CROOK, before his sun sets. Pop
double dose on those pain relievers to get your arthritic fingers
going, JoshGiggy Baby!

05 Dec 2003 19:13:20
joshuabel
Re: List of American Cuemakers

Who do you think is scared?? Me or you? You're like a leech feeding on
blood of those unaware of your bad practice.

Edwin skinny paperweight Good for nothing con man from Manila!

<Edwin Reyes thinks people here still believes him though they're not
making a sound, lots of questions floating in the air, the truth
always prevails my dear edwin >

Your sun is setting and it is all your own doing.