13 Oct 2004 15:53:44
jimg
Palmer Pool Cue Appraisal

I am trying to find a local pool cue expert that can appraise a Palmer
cue I bought at a yard sale for cheap. I think it is a windowed
Palmer with "Original By Palmer" displayed in the window. I have seen
prices on the web from $600.00 to $2100.00. I would like to narrow the
price range on the cue that I have. The overall condition is pretty
good. There are several nicks on the butt and at the tip. Does
anyone know an expert in the New England area (MA, NH, ME, VT) that
could appraise the cue stick for me? I know that there are people on
the web that do appraisals but I would rather bring it somewhere in
person. Thanks for any help you can give.

14 Oct 2004 00:18:19
Jimbo Ct
Re: Palmer Pool Cue Appraisal

Joe Vanburen knows a bunch about those crappy cues, he can give you a
guesstamate if you just e-mail him a few pictures.

Jim <---It's only worth what someone will pay

14 Oct 2004 17:15:52
Classiccues
Re: Palmer Pool Cue Appraisal

>jgroleau@naisp.net (jimg) writes:

>I am trying to find a local pool cue expert that can appraise a Palmer
>cue I bought at a yard sale for cheap. I think it is a windowed
>Palmer with "Original By Palmer" displayed in the window. I have seen
>prices on the web from $600.00 to $2100.00. I would like to narrow the
>price range on the cue that I have. The overall condition is pretty
>good. There are several nicks on the butt and at the tip. Does
>anyone know an expert in the New England area (MA, NH, ME, VT) that
>could appraise the cue stick for me? I know that there are people on
>the web that do appraisals but I would rather bring it somewhere in
>person. Thanks for any help you can give.

Here is what you can do.. send me some pics and I will try and evaluate it
from them. I can at least give you a ball park figure. If you want to take it
CT, you can see Mark at Pool Table Magic and get his opinion.

Joe

ps: Looking at some of the answers you got, bet your glad you came here :)

23 Oct 2004 14:05:05
Carlton Redford
Re: Palmer Pool Cue Appraisal

Call Randy Goettlicher of Cue-Tech in Dallas (972-680-1221). He's a
master BCA instructor at the Pool School there, and more pertinent to
your
appraisal question -- he's one of the largest collectors of Palmer
cues in the world. (He owns over 100 of them.) He can surely give you
an informed rough estimate from clear photos. He also has a website:
www.poolschool.com
-- CK