23 Jun 2005 16:12:49
tt
Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx#list

Hell, I can think of at least 10 CS quotes that shoulda made it on
there.... including but not limited to...Al Czervik's "Hey everybody,
we're all gonna get laid!", and Judge Smails' "I've sentenced boys
younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed
it to them".

Goodbye cruel world, I'm off to the course.

23 Jun 2005 16:25:15
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

Yes, but have you see "Caddyshack" on TV? The "We're all gonna get laid!" line
becomes, somehow, "Hey, let's all take a shower!"

--

Michael L. Wyland
Sumption & Wyland

http://www.sumptionandwyland.com
-- free e-newsletter sign-up
-- new article: "The Imus Ranch and Media Scrutiny"

23 Jun 2005 16:32:08
tt

anonymous wrote:

> Yes, but have you see "Caddyshack" on TV? The "We're all gonna get laid!" line
> becomes, somehow, "Hey, let's all take a shower!

That's an even funnier line!

23 Jun 2005 09:33:42
Rude Dog

"tt" <tt@Not_Links.net > wrote in message

> http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx#list
>
> Hell, I can think of at least 10 CS quotes that shoulda made it on
> there.... including but not limited to...Al Czervik's "Hey everybody,
> we're all gonna get laid!", and Judge Smails' "I've sentenced boys younger
> than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to
> them".
>
> Goodbye cruel world, I'm off to the course.

Mr. Newell, please step forward.

23 Jun 2005 09:52:33
dugjustdug
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

Mr. Newell, please step forward.

Scott's busy. He sent me.

Czervik in the pro shop - "Geez. Get a load of this rediculous hat.
Does it come with a free bowl of soup? Oh sure, it looks good on YOU."

Noonan blindfolded - "So where did that shot go?" Ty - "Right in the
Lumberyard."

Spakler - "It's a special hybrid I been working on, ya know. It's a
cross between Kentucky Bluegrass and Sensimia. You can play a round in
the afternoon, then take some of the clippings home and get stoned to
the Buh-Jesus."

Shoe Shine Guy - "50 Bucks says the Smales kid picks his nose." Brian
Doyle Murray - "Double or nothing the kid eats it."

(My personal favorite) Spakler looping for the Priest - "I don't think
the heavy stuff's going to come down for some time."

Dug

23 Jun 2005 10:12:22
Ben.

dugjustdug wrote:
> Mr. Newell, please step forward.
>
> Scott's busy. He sent me.
>
> Czervik in the pro shop - "Geez. Get a load of this rediculous hat.
> Does it come with a free bowl of soup? Oh sure, it looks good on YOU."
>
> Noonan blindfolded - "So where did that shot go?" Ty - "Right in the
> Lumberyard."
>
> Spakler - "It's a special hybrid I been working on, ya know. It's a
> cross between Kentucky Bluegrass and Sensimia. You can play a round in
> the afternoon, then take some of the clippings home and get stoned to
> the Buh-Jesus."
>
> Shoe Shine Guy - "50 Bucks says the Smales kid picks his nose." Brian
> Doyle Murray - "Double or nothing the kid eats it."
>
> (My personal favorite) Spakler looping for the Priest - "I don't think
> the heavy stuff's going to come down for some time."

Nice paraphrasing!

23 Jun 2005 10:47:50
dugjustdug
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

Thanks! Tough going from memory when you haven't seen the flick in a
few months. Now "Monty Python" on the other hand. . .

(Wish they'd done a golf movie.)

23 Jun 2005 11:05:31
Larry Bud

dugjustdug wrote:
> Mr. Newell, please step forward.
>
> Scott's busy. He sent me.

What does the sign say?
No barefeet.
Not that sign, THIS sign
No fighting.

23 Jun 2005 11:24:36
Tex

dugjustdug wrote:
> Mr. Newell, please step forward.
>
> Scott's busy. He sent me.

"will you loofa my stretch marks"

Hoofah!
Tex

23 Jun 2005 13:36:33
Tom Johnstone

Tex wrote:
> dugjustdug wrote:
>
>>Mr. Newell, please step forward.
>>
>>Scott's busy. He sent me.
>

> "will you loofa my stretch marks"
>
> Hoofah!
> Tex

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey,
Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you
know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die,
on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that
goin' for me, which is nice.

Tom

23 Jun 2005 18:59:41
Fred Taylor

"Larry Bud" <larrybud2002@yahoo.com > wrote in message

> dugjustdug wrote:
>> Mr. Newell, please step forward.
>>
>> Scott's busy. He sent me.
>>

> What does the sign say?
> No barefeet.
> Not that sign, THIS sign
> No fighting.

What's it mean?

No fighting.

You owe me one gumball machine.

23 Jun 2005 20:14:07
DanL
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

> Czervik in the pro shop - "Geez. Get a load of this rediculous hat.
> Does it come with a free bowl of soup? Oh sure, it looks good on YOU."
>

> Spakler - "It's a special hybrid I been working on, ya know. It's a
> cross between Kentucky Bluegrass and Sensimia. You can play a round in
> the afternoon, then take some of the clippings home and get stoned to
> the Buh-Jesus."

It's a crime to butcher Caddyshack lines like this.........

23 Jun 2005 13:22:27
keithp@rocketmail.com

tt wrote:
> http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx#list

Some of those quotes are pretty lame and some aren't even from movies
originally, but back to the topic:

"Wang, don't tell them you're Jewish, OK? I think this place is
restricted."

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock
market beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his
shorts are too tight in the seat."

"Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity."

"Be the ball."

And of course:

"IT'S IN THE HOLE!"

23 Jun 2005 20:14:30
slice2
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

smails: "...and I'm no slouch myself!"
ty webb: "don't sell yourself short, Judge - you're a tremendous slouch!"

also smails to noonan (as noonan is whining about not being able to afford
college: " the world needs ditch-diggers too"

23 Jun 2005 15:44:54
the Moderator

<keithp@rocketmail.com > wrote in message

> tt wrote:
> > http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx#list
>
> Some of those quotes are pretty lame and some aren't even from movies
> originally, but back to the topic:
>
> "Wang, don't tell them you're Jewish, OK? I think this place is
> restricted."
>
> "It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock
> market beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his
> shorts are too tight in the seat."
>
> "Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity."
>
> "Be the ball."
>
> And of course:
>
> "IT'S IN THE HOLE!"

I agree the list is a sham. Not a single Napoleon Dynamite quote made the
list.

Do the chickens have large talons?

Frickin' idiot!

Gosh!

23 Jun 2005 14:16:55
Ben.

Larry Bud wrote:
> dugjustdug wrote:
> > Mr. Newell, please step forward.
> >
> > Scott's busy. He sent me.
> >

> What does the sign say?
> No barefeet.
> Not that sign, THIS sign
> No fighting.

"You, pick up that blood."

"Carl Lipbaum died of a severe anxiety attack. He was a good kid, a
good caddy."

"He was a brown-nose Lou, you hated him."

In case there is one among you who _DIDN'T_ know this, Lou the caddy
master was, and still is, Bill Murray's older brother Brian Doyle
Murray - co-writer of the screenplay along with Harold Ramis
(director).

23 Jun 2005 22:09:11
Darrell Jefress

"the Moderator" <sparky@no_spam_engineer.com > wrote in message

> I agree the list is a sham. Not a single Napoleon Dynamite quote made the
> list.

Not to mention 'Blazing Saddles'.

And how in the hell could "I am your father" NOT make the list. That was the
very first line that came to mind when I heard about the list.

DJJ

23 Jun 2005 22:36:06
Agent 380
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

Ben. <kombi45@yahoo.com > wrote:
:
:
: Larry Bud wrote:
: > dugjustdug wrote:
: > > Mr. Newell, please step forward.
: > >
: > > Scott's busy. He sent me.
: > >
: >
: >
: > What does the sign say?
: > No barefeet.
: > Not that sign, THIS sign
: > No fighting.
:
: "You, pick up that blood."
:
: "Carl Lipbaum died of a severe anxiety attack. He was a good kid, a
: good caddy."
:
: "He was a brown-nose Lou, you hated him."
:
: In case there is one among you who _DIDN'T_ know this, Lou the caddy
: master was, and still is, Bill Murray's older brother Brian Doyle
: Murray - co-writer of the screenplay along with Harold Ramis
: (director).

He also played the Punxatawney bigwig who has the choking incident
in _Groundhog Day_.

cb

23 Jun 2005 23:08:29
Bobby Knight
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:36:06 GMT, Agent 380
<puevf@tbbqfubj.arg.invalid > wrote:

>Ben. <kombi45@yahoo.com> wrote:
<clip >
>: In case there is one among you who _DIDN'T_ know this, Lou the caddy
>: master was, and still is, Bill Murray's older brother Brian Doyle
>: Murray - co-writer of the screenplay along with Harold Ramis
>: (director).
>
>He also played the Punxatawney bigwig who has the choking incident
>in _Groundhog Day_.
>
>cb

Awesome credits.

24 Jun 2005 00:24:32

On 23-Jun-2005, "Darrell Jefress" <evely7@tokyo.com > wrote:

> Not to mention 'Blazing Saddles'.

Dee-Camp-Town Ladies?
--
bill-o

A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between
two golfers neither of whom can putt very well.

23 Jun 2005 17:37:43
Ben.

Agent 380 wrote:
> Ben. <kombi45@yahoo.com> wrote:
> :
> :
> : Larry Bud wrote:
> : > dugjustdug wrote:
> : > > Mr. Newell, please step forward.
> : > >
> : > > Scott's busy. He sent me.
> : > >
> : >
> : >
> : > What does the sign say?
> : > No barefeet.
> : > Not that sign, THIS sign
> : > No fighting.
> :
> : "You, pick up that blood."
> :
> : "Carl Lipbaum died of a severe anxiety attack. He was a good kid, a
> : good caddy."
> :
> : "He was a brown-nose Lou, you hated him."
> :
> : In case there is one among you who _DIDN'T_ know this, Lou the caddy
> : master was, and still is, Bill Murray's older brother Brian Doyle
> : Murray - co-writer of the screenplay along with Harold Ramis
> : (director).
>
> He also played the Punxatawney bigwig who has the choking incident
> in _Groundhog Day_.

And Clark W. Griswold's boss in Christmans Vacation. And Chris
Elliot's roommate in the ill-fated, oft-maligned "Get a Life". And not
to get to obscure here, but if you have the chance, pick up either of
these National Lampoons Radio Hour albums: "Gold Turkey" or "That's
not Funny, It's sick" you will _not_ be disappointed!

23 Jun 2005 21:14:28
Roarmeister

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:12:49 GMT, tt <tt@Not_Links.net > wrote:

>http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx#list
>
>Hell, I can think of at least 10 CS quotes that shoulda made it on
>there.... including but not limited to...Al Czervik's "Hey everybody,
>we're all gonna get laid!", and Judge Smails' "I've sentenced boys
>younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed
>it to them".

>Goodbye cruel world, I'm off to the course.

"Be afraid... be VERY afraid!" :-)

23 Jun 2005 22:51:15
Rex Racer
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

"Hey Sabu, can you make a bullshot? /Can you make a shoe smell?"
"People don't say that about you...as far as you know."

24 Jun 2005 08:43:16
IcUrdazedandconfused

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 00:24:32 GMT, assimilate@borg.org wrote:

>On 23-Jun-2005, "Darrell Jefress" <evely7@tokyo.com> wrote:
>
>> Not to mention 'Blazing Saddles'.
>
>Dee-Camp-Town Ladies?

Excuse me, while I whip this out....

The sheriff is a n....
He said the sheriff is near.....

24 Jun 2005 12:33:09
dsc
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

His back was toomey...

24 Jun 2005 19:44:34
Fred Taylor

"IcUrdazedandconfused" <IcUrdazed@confused.net > wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 00:24:32 GMT, assimilate@borg.org wrote:
>

>>On 23-Jun-2005, "Darrell Jefress" <evely7@tokyo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Not to mention 'Blazing Saddles'.
>>
>>Dee-Camp-Town Ladies?
>

> Excuse me, while I whip this out....
>
> The sheriff is a n....
> He said the sheriff is near.....

You be my guest, and I be your host. What be your pleasure, Jim?

I don't know... play chess... screw...

Let's play chess.

25 Jun 2005 01:46:42
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

Iss Twue, Iss Twue!

--
bill-o

A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between
two golfers neither of whom can putt very well.

25 Jun 2005 09:35:13
Matt 'Ocho' Aamold

assimilate@borg.org wrote:
> Iss Twue, Iss Twue!

I think it was Richard Pryor who said the next line should have been.

"Lady, Quick suckin on my arm.."

25 Jun 2005 16:51:06
Roald Oines
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

Matt 'Ocho' Aamold" <""m_aam_old"@comcast.net remove the _
<""m_aam_old"@comcast.net remove the _" > typed:
: assimilate@borg.org wrote:
:: Iss Twue, Iss Twue!
::
:
: I think it was Richard Pryor who said the next line should have been.
:
: "Lady, Quick suckin on my arm.."

He ought to know -- he worked on the screenplay.
--
Please remove the under_scores if replying by mail.

27 Jun 2005 14:46:23
Darrell Jefress
Re: Caddy Shack quote number 92 on top 100 list

"Matt 'Ocho' Aamold" <""m_aam_old"@comcast.net remove the _" > wrote in
message news:eLOdnVrRoKAkGiDfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
> assimilate@borg.org wrote:
> > Iss Twue, Iss Twue!
> >

> I think it was Richard Pryor who said the next line should have been.
>
> "Lady, Quick suckin on my arm.."

I've heard that a scene was filmed, but disallowed by someone, in which the
sherrif says "Madame, you're kissing my wrist." No idea if this is more
than an urban legend.

DJJ

27 Jun 2005 23:44:09
Matt 'Ocho' Aamold

Darrell Jefress wrote:
> "Matt 'Ocho' Aamold" <""m_aam_old"@comcast.net remove the _"> wrote in
> message news:eLOdnVrRoKAkGiDfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>
>>assimilate@borg.org wrote:
>>
>>>Iss Twue, Iss Twue!
>>>

>>I think it was Richard Pryor who said the next line should have been.
>>
>>"Lady, Quick suckin on my arm.."
>>

> I've heard that a scene was filmed, but disallowed by someone, in which the
> sherrif says "Madame, you're kissing my wrist." No idea if this is more
> than an urban legend.
>
> DJJ

I've tried to find reference to the scene, I 'think' I heard it on TV in
one of those biography shows.