24 Sep 2003 20:23:09
Doe John
Pressure points on left foot at and after impact?

On the backswing, the weight pressure is on the inside of the right
foot. At impact and after impact, is the weight pressure on the inside
of the left foot? I sway on the downswing, and I was hoping if I
concentrated on a specific pressure point on my left leg on the
downswing, I would create resistance in my left leg. COncentrating on
the inside of my right foot on the backswing prevents me from swaying
to the right.

24 Sep 2003 23:29:35
jeffc
Re: Pressure points on left foot at and after impact?

"Doe John" <gringo@gringo.net > wrote in message
> On the backswing, the weight pressure is on the inside of the right
> foot. At impact and after impact, is the weight pressure on the inside
> of the left foot? I sway on the downswing, and I was hoping if I
> concentrated on a specific pressure point on my left leg on the
> downswing, I would create resistance in my left leg. COncentrating on
> the inside of my right foot on the backswing prevents me from swaying
> to the right.

Well, then I suppose concentrating on pressure on the inside of your left
foot will help you from swaying to the left, but I don't think it's a very
good key. You actually want to finish with the weight on the outside to
finish off a solid shot with a solid weight transfer in the right direction.
If you sway, the problem is something other than where on your foot the
pressure is - hip problem, left knee breakdown problem, etc. You basically
want your left side very solid - a good base to throw your weight into.

25 Sep 2003 02:08:22
R&B
Re: Pressure points on left foot at and after impact?

You want most of the weight on the HEEL of your left foot in the follow
through.

Randy
Voiceovers for commercials, industrial narrations, training videos,
corporate "on-hold" messaging, radio and TV station imaging, etc.
Audio and video production. www.brownmedia.net
Preserve your life story for your children, grandchildren and future
generations of your family with a Video Biography. See what it's
all about at www.YourVideoBio.com.

"Doe John" <gringo@gringo.net > wrote in message
> On the backswing, the weight pressure is on the inside of the right
> foot. At impact and after impact, is the weight pressure on the inside
> of the left foot? I sway on the downswing, and I was hoping if I
> concentrated on a specific pressure point on my left leg on the
> downswing, I would create resistance in my left leg. COncentrating on
> the inside of my right foot on the backswing prevents me from swaying
> to the right.

24 Sep 2003 20:35:41
G.Dedic
Re: Pressure points on left foot at and after impact?

Doe John <gringo@gringo.net > wrote in message news:<h0v3nvcvj0ba55pbmbija90o33fhrelmui@4ax.com>...
> On the backswing, the weight pressure is on the inside of the right
> foot. At impact and after impact, is the weight pressure on the inside
> of the left foot? I sway on the downswing, and I was hoping if I
> concentrated on a specific pressure point on my left leg on the
> downswing, I would create resistance in my left leg. COncentrating on
> the inside of my right foot on the backswing prevents me from swaying
> to the right.

The weight after transfer goes to the heel and outside of the left
foot - the left foot is flared slightly to accomodate.

I would advise against learning about proper weight transfer by
reverse engineering the pressure on your left foot.

You are already ahead of the game by concentrating on the instep of
the right foot. Get instruction on how to use that mission-critical
area to shift and pivot your hips. Guaranteed you will have a totally
different footwork model to feel out!

-Gray

26 Sep 2003 04:36:00

"GreatPutting" <greatputting@aol.comnospam > wrote in message
> >I sway on the downswing,
>
> There are two things you should try and I will list them in order.
>
> 1) Turn in your left foot. Most teachers will say to turn it out a
quarter
> turn. That is fine as a starting point, but each player is different and
must
> make adjustments to meet their individual needs.

So start with your foot turned out, but of course ultimately it will have to
be turned in????

26 Sep 2003 06:02:07
Loren Miller
Re: Pressure points on left foot at and after impact?

Doe John <gringo@gringo.net > wrote in message news:<h0v3nvcvj0ba55pbmbija90o33fhrelmui@4ax.com>...
> On the backswing, the weight pressure is on the inside of the right
> foot. At impact and after impact, is the weight pressure on the inside
> of the left foot? I sway on the downswing, and I was hoping if I
> concentrated on a specific pressure point on my left leg on the
> downswing, I would create resistance in my left leg. COncentrating on
> the inside of my right foot on the backswing prevents me from swaying
> to the right.

Yes. That is a good key to restrict an overly active weight shift. As
long as you don't let your back get all bent up and twisted, you will
end up with all your weight on your left leg when the swing is
finished anyway.

Cheers,
Loren