08 Oct 2004 17:58:44
Doug
URGENT Callaway x-14 counterfeit??

Can you guys help me out? I am about to buy some used x-14 irons.
Somebody told me that authentic x-14 have a serial # on the hosel of
the 8 iron. The ones I'm about to buy have no serial #. Can one of
you guys with x-14 check to see if you have a serial #? I'd really
appreciate the info.
Thanks

09 Oct 2004 01:41:47
MohoHoboGolfer
Re: URGENT Callaway x-14 counterfeit??

>Subject: URGENT Callaway x-14 counterfeit??
>From: daf999999@yahoo.com (Doug)
>Date: 10/8/2004 8:58 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>Can you guys help me out? I am about to buy some used x-14 irons.
>Somebody told me that authentic x-14 have a serial # on the hosel of
>the 8 iron. The ones I'm about to buy have no serial #. Can one of
>you guys with x-14 check to see if you have a serial #? I'd really
>appreciate the info.
>Thanks

Will try to remember to check my bud's tomorrow.

09 Oct 2004 02:05:43
Dar
Re: URGENT Callaway x-14 counterfeit??

Doug,

Don't think the Callaway's have a serial. My X-14 Pros do not have one. I
know these are genuine having purchased them from the local callaway rep and
having had one back to Callaway for repairs without any difficulty. Hope
this helps.

Dar

"Doug" <daf999999@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> Can you guys help me out? I am about to buy some used x-14 irons.
> Somebody told me that authentic x-14 have a serial # on the hosel of
> the 8 iron. The ones I'm about to buy have no serial #. Can one of
> you guys with x-14 check to see if you have a serial #? I'd really
> appreciate the info.
> Thanks

09 Oct 2004 09:35:45
Doug
Re: URGENT Callaway x-14 counterfeit??

Thanks to all for the quick response - much appreciated

10 Oct 2004 21:04:13
Brian Foster
Re: URGENT Callaway x-14 counterfeit??

I checked with Tom Ridge and Office of Homeland Security: Serial Number
should be Hosel of the #6 iron only.

Any clubs with any serial numbers any where else means they are a threat to
national security and can be confiscated at any time....

"Doug" <daf999999@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> Can you guys help me out? I am about to buy some used x-14 irons.
> Somebody told me that authentic x-14 have a serial # on the hosel of
> the 8 iron. The ones I'm about to buy have no serial #. Can one of
> you guys with x-14 check to see if you have a serial #? I'd really
> appreciate the info.
> Thanks

12 Oct 2004 01:58:13
OddOrEven
Re: URGENT Callaway x-14 counterfeit??

So don't keep us in suspense did you take the plunge!

Once you go Callaway you never go back.