27 Jul 2004 22:59:09
Gil Cintron
What's an F Wedge?

Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?

Anyone?

GC

28 Jul 2004 03:14:13
bill-o
Re: What's an F Wedge?

Gil Cintron wrote:

> Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
> I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?
>
> Anyone?

It's a F**** wedge, just try and hit the bastard, automatic
F's. Seriously, Pelz calls it an X (xtra lob) wedge.

bill-o

28 Jul 2004 03:16:29
ChrisThePhillipsScrewdriver
Re: What's an F Wedge?

Gil Cintron <gilcintron@emesen.com > wrote:
: Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
: I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?

Was it a Hogan wedge?

(Though I don't believe a Hogan F would come at 64 degrees...
the E comes at 48, IIRC.)

cb

27 Jul 2004 23:22:36
mvccerase
Re: What's an F Wedge?

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:14:13 GMT, bill-o <assimilate@borg.org > wrote:

>Gil Cintron wrote:
>
>> Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
>> I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?
>>
>> Anyone?

64 degree Flop wedge

28 Jul 2004 03:30:36
jeffc
Re: What's an F Wedge?

"ChrisThePhillipsScrewdriver" <puevf@tbbqfubj.arg.invalid > wrote in message
> Gil Cintron <gilcintron@emesen.com> wrote:
> : Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
> : I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?
>
> Was it a Hogan wedge?
>
> (Though I don't believe a Hogan F would come at 64 degrees...
> the E comes at 48, IIRC.)

Hogan F is Fairway, or gap wedge. F must mean flop in his case?

28 Jul 2004 11:44:11
Duffer
Re: What's an F Wedge?

"mvccerase" <mvccerase@bigfoot.com > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:14:13 GMT, bill-o <assimilate@borg.org> wrote:
>
>>Gil Cintron wrote:
>>
>>> Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
>>> I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?
>>>
>>> Anyone?
>

> 64 degree Flop wedge

Most of my wedge shots are flops. If you carry all 5 wedges, what clubs do
you leave behind? And really, how good is your game anyway to carry them?

28 Jul 2004 13:09:36
jeffc
Re: What's an F Wedge?

"Duffer" <duffer@therange.com > wrote in message

> Most of my wedge shots are flops. If you carry all 5 wedges, what clubs
do
> you leave behind?

I carry 4, and I leave behind my 4 iron.

> And really, how good is your game anyway to carry them?

My game isn't good enough to *not* carry them.

28 Jul 2004 08:38:25
the Moderator
Re: What's an F Wedge?

"Gil Cintron" <gilcintron@emesen.com > wrote in message
> Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
> I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?
>
> Anyone?
>
> GC

Foot Wedge

28 Jul 2004 14:14:38
Kenny Stultz
Re: What's an F Wedge?

In article <kANNc.221260$2o2.11156410@twister.southeast.rr.com >,
nobody@nowhere.com says...

>"Duffer" <duffer@therange.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Most of my wedge shots are flops. If you carry all 5 wedges, what clubs
>do
>> you leave behind?
>
>I carry 4, and I leave behind my 4 iron.
>
>> And really, how good is your game anyway to carry them?
>
>My game isn't good enough to *not* carry them.

Excellent response. I carry 4 wedges, three woods and don't miss my
won't-go-straight, tree-seeking, ball-drowning 3I one bit.

Kenny

--
Kenny Stultz - Troll and SPAM intolerant
RSG Rollcall: http://rec-sport-golf.com/members/?rollcall=stultzk

28 Jul 2004 10:23:27
John Van Der Pflum
Re: What's an F Wedge?

Kenny Stultz wrote:
> In article <kANNc.221260$2o2.11156410@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
> nobody@nowhere.com says...
>

>>"Duffer" <duffer@therange.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Most of my wedge shots are flops. If you carry all 5 wedges, what clubs
>>
>>do
>>
>>>you leave behind?
>>
>>I carry 4, and I leave behind my 4 iron.
>>

>>> And really, how good is your game anyway to carry them?
>>
>>My game isn't good enough to *not* carry them.
>>

> Excellent response. I carry 4 wedges, three woods and don't miss my
> won't-go-straight, tree-seeking, ball-drowning 3I one bit.
>
> Kenny

I like my 3i quite a bit. i hit it in the 200 yard+ range and
straight. Of course, into the wind I only need to swing a tad
harder to get it to go 230+ and all over the flag. No problem.

jvdp

28 Jul 2004 07:27:00
Glfnaz
Re: What's an F Wedge?

"John Van Der Pflum" <jpflumjr@UGHOOKUGH.com > wrote in message
> Kenny Stultz wrote:
> > In article <kANNc.221260$2o2.11156410@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
> > nobody@nowhere.com says...
> >

> >>"Duffer" <duffer@therange.com> wrote in message

> >>do

> >>I carry 4, and I leave behind my 4 iron.

> >>My game isn't good enough to *not* carry them.
> >>

> > Excellent response. I carry 4 wedges, three woods and don't miss my
> > won't-go-straight, tree-seeking, ball-drowning 3I one bit.
> >
> > Kenny
> >
> I like my 3i quite a bit. i hit it in the 200 yard+ range and
> straight. Of course, into the wind I only need to swing a tad
> harder to get it to go 230+ and all over the flag. No problem.
> jvdp

Yes.
It's the fundamentals....

28 Jul 2004 14:50:06
bill-o
Re: What's an F Wedge?

Kenny Stultz wrote:
> In article <kANNc.221260$2o2.11156410@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
> nobody@nowhere.com says...
>

>>"Duffer" <duffer@therange.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Most of my wedge shots are flops. If you carry all 5 wedges, what clubs
>>
>>do
>>
>>>you leave behind?
>>
>>I carry 4, and I leave behind my 4 iron.
>>

>>> And really, how good is your game anyway to carry them?
>>
>>My game isn't good enough to *not* carry them.
>>

> Excellent response. I carry 4 wedges, three woods and don't miss my
> won't-go-straight, tree-seeking, ball-drowning 3I one bit.

4 woods ; 4 wedges. We don't need no stinkin 4-iron!

28 Jul 2004 11:05:31
John Van Der Pflum
Re: What's an F Wedge?

Glfnaz wrote:
> "John Van Der Pflum" <jpflumjr@UGHOOKUGH.com> wrote in message
>
>>Kenny Stultz wrote:
>>
>>>In article <kANNc.221260$2o2.11156410@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
>>>nobody@nowhere.com says...

> clubs

>>>Excellent response. I carry 4 wedges, three woods and don't miss my
>>>won't-go-straight, tree-seeking, ball-drowning 3I one bit.
>>>
>>>Kenny
>>>

>>I like my 3i quite a bit. i hit it in the 200 yard+ range and
>>straight. Of course, into the wind I only need to swing a tad
>>harder to get it to go 230+ and all over the flag. No problem.
>>jvdp
>

> Yes.
> It's the fundamentals....

Actually, it's just concentrating on griping the club a bit
tighter with my left pinky and right index finder on the
downswing. It creates a very strong pivot point at the wrists
and really fires through the ball.

jvdp

28 Jul 2004 11:39:51
Jeffrey A. Setaro
Re: What's an F Wedge?

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:59:09 -0400, Gil Cintron
<gilcintron@emesen.com > wrote:

>Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
>I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?
>
>Anyone?

Around here an "F" wedge is also called a foot or Footjoy wedge...
Don't like your lie? Use an "F" wedge to improve it. ;-)

Cheers-

Jeff Setaro
jasetaro@SPAM_ME_NOT_mags.net
http://people.mags.net/jasetaro/
PGP Key IDs DH/DSS: 0x5D41429D RSA: 0x599D2A99 New RSA: 0xA19EBD34

28 Jul 2004 17:26:59
Gil Cintron
Re: What's an F Wedge?

The wedge I was looking at was a Dunlop. I figured F stood for flop, but had
never heard of it. Of course Dunlop has no website, so I couldn't look it up
there.

GC

"jeffc" <nobody@nowhere.com > wrote in message

> "ChrisThePhillipsScrewdriver" <puevf@tbbqfubj.arg.invalid> wrote in
message
> > Gil Cintron <gilcintron@emesen.com> wrote:
> > : Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
> > : I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?
> >
> > Was it a Hogan wedge?
> >
> > (Though I don't believe a Hogan F would come at 64 degrees...
> > the E comes at 48, IIRC.)
>
> Hogan F is Fairway, or gap wedge. F must mean flop in his case?

28 Jul 2004 21:35:30

> The wedge I was looking at was a Dunlop. I figured F stood for flop, but
> had
> never heard of it. Of course Dunlop has no website, so I couldn't look it
> up
> there.
>
> GC

Sure they do! It's called www.dunlopgolf.com

28 Jul 2004 22:38:25
retiredusarmy
Re: What's an F Wedge?

The F wedge in my Hogan edge set is 52 degrees. Just right for the 110 yard
shot.

29 Jul 2004 02:48:58
Lumpy
Re: What's an F Wedge?

"Kenny Stultz" <kstultz@comcast.net > wrote in message
> In article <kANNc.221260$2o2.11156410@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
> nobody@nowhere.com says...
> >

> >"Duffer" <duffer@therange.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Most of my wedge shots are flops. If you carry all 5 wedges, what
clubs
> >do
> >> you leave behind?
> >
> >I carry 4, and I leave behind my 4 iron.
> >
> >> And really, how good is your game anyway to carry them?
> >
> >My game isn't good enough to *not* carry them.

Just to clarify: You're on the tee and there's chicks watching and you
don't carry a 2-iron... how do you hit the Stinger?

Lumpy.

28 Jul 2004 22:56:42
Bert Robbins
Re: What's an F Wedge?

"Lumpy" <lumpync@yahoo.com > wrote in message

> "Kenny Stultz" <kstultz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > In article <kANNc.221260$2o2.11156410@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
> > nobody@nowhere.com says...
> > >

> > >"Duffer" <duffer@therange.com> wrote in message

> clubs
> > >do
> > >
> > >I carry 4, and I leave behind my 4 iron.

> > >My game isn't good enough to *not* carry them.
>
> Just to clarify: You're on the tee and there's chicks watching and you
> don't carry a 2-iron... how do you hit the Stinger?

Wiff on the first "real" swing with the driver. Then, stop and buy flowers
on the way home to the wife!

29 Jul 2004 11:59:16
Kenny Stultz
Re: What's an F Wedge?

In article <uAZNc.181624$tH1.7842759@twister.southeast.rr.com >,
lumpync@yahoo.com says...

>"Kenny Stultz" <kstultz@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> In article <kANNc.221260$2o2.11156410@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
>> nobody@nowhere.com says...
>> >

>> >"Duffer" <duffer@therange.com> wrote in message

>clubs
>> >do
>> >
>> >I carry 4, and I leave behind my 4 iron.

>> >My game isn't good enough to *not* carry them.
>
>Just to clarify: You're on the tee and there's chicks watching and you
>don't carry a 2-iron... how do you hit the Stinger?
>
>Lumpy.

That's easy for anyone from rsg. Just choke down on a lob wedge.

Kenny

--
Kenny Stultz - Troll and SPAM intolerant
RSG Rollcall: http://rec-sport-golf.com/members/?rollcall=stultzk
"Golf is the only sport where a precise knowledge of the Rules can
earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship"

29 Jul 2004 09:07:02
Jim Weigel
Re: What's an F Wedge?

I think the F stands for "flop", as in flop shot. I could be wrong.
Wags
"Gil Cintron" <gilcintron@emesen.com > wrote in message
> Saw a 64 degree "F" Wedge.
> I know P, G, A, L, S, but what is an F Wedge?
>
> Anyone?
>
> GC

29 Jul 2004 14:04:12
jeffc
Re: What's an F Wedge?

"Lumpy" <lumpync@yahoo.com > wrote in message

> Just to clarify: You're on the tee and there's chicks watching and you
> don't carry a 2-iron... how do you hit the Stinger?

Just hit my normal thin driver.

29 Jul 2004 14:03:12
jeffc
Re: What's an F Wedge?

"John Van Der Pflum" <jpflumjr@UGHOOKUGH.com > wrote in message

> I like my 3i quite a bit. i hit it in the 200 yard+ range and
> straight. Of course, into the wind I only need to swing a tad
> harder to get it to go 230+ and all over the flag. No problem.

John, you can take lessons and get that taken care of. I hit my 3 iron
about 275 into the wind, of course much farther when there is no wind, but
then it sometimes rolls as much as 5 feet when landing near the cup, which
bugs me a little.

29 Jul 2004 10:42:49
John Van Der Pflum
Re: What's an F Wedge?

jeffc wrote:
> "John Van Der Pflum" <jpflumjr@UGHOOKUGH.com> wrote in message
>
>>I like my 3i quite a bit. i hit it in the 200 yard+ range and
>>straight. Of course, into the wind I only need to swing a tad
>>harder to get it to go 230+ and all over the flag. No problem.
>

> John, you can take lessons and get that taken care of. I hit my 3 iron
> about 275 into the wind, of course much farther when there is no wind, but
> then it sometimes rolls as much as 5 feet when landing near the cup, which
> bugs me a little.

Jeff,

Wow. That's impressive. I can get my 3i to go 260 if I tee it
down and play it back in my stance but it always rolls almost 10
feet. I defer to your experise..............

jvdp