21 May 2007 11:56:19
Boston shell?

There is a shell for sale in my area that I might be interested in. I
haven't spoken to the owner yet but saw the boat this weekend. On the
shell it says: The Boston Advance USA, East Haddam, CT. Is anyone
familiar with this boat or the manufacturer? Thanks.

21 May 2007 13:33:05
J Flory
Re: Boston shell?

On May 21, 2:56 pm, alstons...@gmail.com wrote:
> There is a shell for sale in my area that I might be interested in. I
> haven't spoken to the owner yet but saw the boat this weekend. On the
> shell it says: The Boston Advance USA, East Haddam, CT. Is anyone
> familiar with this boat or the manufacturer? Thanks.

Yes. I believe it was designed by Britton Chance, Jr. as a rough
water & stable learn-to-scull boat. We have had several at our club
(one is there at the moment) and I believe Blood Street Sculls in Old
Lyme also uses them. Downside is that, like a wherry, they are too
heavy for one person to carry to the water.