06 Sep 2007 06:24:23
The gratuitous split in women's tennis

Is Jankovic the next Clijsters? My advice for her: Just get that
move out of your head, honey. That one split resulted in the most
blatant crotch-shot in tennis replay history, and the next was so
affected and unnecessary as to look ridiculous, not to mention
painful.

To be fair though, if I were to bring them both to my Frankenstein
lab, Ivanovic's head would be transplanted onto Janovic's body.

06 Sep 2007 06:33:54
blueskates
Re: The gratuitous split in women's tennis

On Sep 6, 9:24 am, blanders0...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Is Jankovic the next Clijsters? My advice for her: Just get that
> move out of your head, honey. That one split resulted in the most
> blatant crotch-shot in tennis replay history, and the next was so
> affected and unnecessary as to look ridiculous, not to mention
> painful.
>
> To be fair though, if I were to bring them both to my Frankenstein
> lab, Ivanovic's head would be transplanted onto Janovic's body.

I think the splitters in tennis tell you a lot about how far they will
go as a player.

It's a show off move, something that looks absolutely wonderful in
skating when they seamlessly rise back up from the split, while moving
and turning. But in tennis? Yuck. They just come to a dead stop.

I like watching the slides in tennis but not the splits, it's just
silly.

06 Sep 2007 12:45:03
number_six

On Sep 6, 5:33 am, blueskates <blueskates1...@aol.com > wrote:
> On Sep 6, 9:24 am, blanders0...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > Is Jankovic the next Clijsters? My advice for her: Just get that
> > move out of your head, honey. That one split resulted in the most
> > blatant crotch-shot in tennis replay history, and the next was so
> > affected and unnecessary as to look ridiculous, not to mention
> > painful.
>
> > To be fair though, if I were to bring them both to my Frankenstein
> > lab, Ivanovic's head would be transplanted onto Janovic's body.
>
> I think the splitters in tennis tell you a lot about how far they will
> go as a player.
>
> It's a show off move, something that looks absolutely wonderful in
> skating when they seamlessly rise back up from the split, while moving
> and turning. But in tennis? Yuck. They just come to a dead stop.
>
> I like watching the slides in tennis but not the splits, it's just
> silly.

I think Jankovic enjoys showing off her flexibility.

Wasn't she the one who said if she had to play Roger, she would try to
distract him with a short skirt??

06 Sep 2007 13:35:39
S.F.BZY

On Sep 6, 8:24 am, blanders0...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Is Jankovic the next Clijsters? My advice for her: Just get that
> move out of your head, honey. That one split resulted in the most
> blatant crotch-shot in tennis replay history, and the next was so
> affected and unnecessary as to look ridiculous, not to mention
> painful.
>
> To be fair though, if I were to bring them both to my Frankenstein
> lab, Ivanovic's head would be transplanted onto Janovic's body.

I would rather have Sharapovas head on Jankovic's body

06 Sep 2007 13:58:13

On Sep 6, 4:35 pm, "S.F.BZY" <zepflo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Sep 6, 8:24 am, blanders0...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > Is Jankovic the next Clijsters? My advice for her: Just get that
> > move out of your head, honey. That one split resulted in the most
> > blatant crotch-shot in tennis replay history, and the next was so
> > affected and unnecessary as to look ridiculous, not to mention
> > painful.
>
> > To be fair though, if I were to bring them both to my Frankenstein
> > lab, Ivanovic's head would be transplanted onto Janovic's body.
>
> I would rather have Sharapovas head on Jankovic's body

You've gotta be kidding? Ivanovic is much better looking than
Sharapova. Not even close...

07 Sep 2007 00:23:25
Sakari Lund

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 06:24:23 -0700, blanders0604@hotmail.com wrote:

>Is Jankovic the next Clijsters?

In some ways. Could also have a pretty similar career, although
probably not quite as good.

> My advice for her: Just get that
>move out of your head, honey. That one split resulted in the most
>blatant crotch-shot in tennis replay history, and the next was so
>affected and unnecessary as to look ridiculous, not to mention
>painful.

She says she doesn't know why she does it and wants to stop...

Q. You had a few tremendous sliding splits. Do you ever hurt yourself
doing that?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, I didn't hurt myself yet. I want to stop doing
that because it's very dangerous and it's not a good thing to do it,
especially when you're playing a long match and your muscles are very
tight and very stiff.

So when you do that your muscle can maybe overstretch and you can pop
or something. It's very dangerous.

But I don't know why I'm doing that, and it's not on purpose. It's
just my lousy movement or whatever I'm doing on court (laughter). I
was watching also on the screen. I'm saying, What kind of... I don't
know where does this come from? I really don't know.

But like Clijsters, she also did that and I'm doing that. I don't know
why, but I would like to stop.

07 Sep 2007 00:39:17
Sakari Lund

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:58:13 -0700, blanders0604@hotmail.com wrote:

>On Sep 6, 4:35 pm, "S.F.BZY" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 6, 8:24 am, blanders0...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> > Is Jankovic the next Clijsters? My advice for her: Just get that
>> > move out of your head, honey. That one split resulted in the most
>> > blatant crotch-shot in tennis replay history, and the next was so
>> > affected and unnecessary as to look ridiculous, not to mention
>> > painful.
>>
>> > To be fair though, if I were to bring them both to my Frankenstein
>> > lab, Ivanovic's head would be transplanted onto Janovic's body.
>>
>> I would rather have Sharapovas head on Jankovic's body
>
>You've gotta be kidding? Ivanovic is much better looking than
>Sharapova. Not even close...

Kirilenko's head with Kirilenko's body.

06 Sep 2007 14:52:20

On Sep 6, 5:39 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com > wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:58:13 -0700, blanders0...@hotmail.com wrote:

> >> I would rather have Sharapovas head on Jankovic's body
>
> >You've gotta be kidding? Ivanovic is much better looking than
> >Sharapova. Not even close...
>
> Kirilenko's head with Kirilenko's body.- Hide quoted text -

That would be too weird..

06 Sep 2007 14:55:44
wkhedr
Re: The gratuitous split in women's tennis

On Sep 6, 9:24 am, blanders0...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Is Jankovic the next Clijsters? My advice for her: Just get that
> move out of your head, honey. That one split resulted in the most
> blatant crotch-shot in tennis replay history, and the next was so
> affected and unnecessary as to look ridiculous, not to mention
> painful.
>
> To be fair though, if I were to bring them both to my Frankenstein
> lab, Ivanovic's head would be transplanted onto Janovic's body.

They enjoy it, who mentioned tennis here?!! :-)