17 Aug 2003 22:22:08
Brian
Cricket Score Card Template

All,

I have never been to a live cricket game until last week when I went to see
my local team (Stockton-on-Tees) play, and my son (aged 14) and we enjoyed
the experience.

I would like to know the format of a score card template to maintain my
son's interest marking it per-ball.

Nothing complex, a spreadsheet or Word document would do that we can print
out would be fine, I've seen the scoring software software available and I'm
sure they're great if a little over the top for our needs.

Does anybody use such a spreadsheet/ document and would be willing to e-mail
me a copy?

I can't understand why such a thing isn't available on the multitude of
cricket web-sites, but there you go.

Thanks.

18 Aug 2003 19:20:51
The Mackem
Re: Cricket Score Card Template

Hi Brian,

Scorebooks, are unfortunately still in hard copy as we do not take lap tops
to matches to score on (well not up here anyway, someone would nick it),
however if you and your son, come along to our club, im sure we have old
scorebooks, were a page can be torn out for you to use.
Otherwise screbooks are available from most cricket equipment stockists for
around a tenner.

PS if you both are intersted in a game, we play in the North East Durham
league, and are always on the look out for new players, old and young

David Pickersgill
Belmont Cricket Club (Durham City)

"Brian" <nospam@msn.com > wrote in message
> All,
>
> I have never been to a live cricket game until last week when I went to
see
> my local team (Stockton-on-Tees) play, and my son (aged 14) and we enjoyed
> the experience.
>
> I would like to know the format of a score card template to maintain my
> son's interest marking it per-ball.
>
> Nothing complex, a spreadsheet or Word document would do that we can print
> out would be fine, I've seen the scoring software software available and
I'm
> sure they're great if a little over the top for our needs.
>
> Does anybody use such a spreadsheet/ document and would be willing to
e-mail
> me a copy?
>
> I can't understand why such a thing isn't available on the multitude of
> cricket web-sites, but there you go.
>
> Thanks.

19 Aug 2003 06:26:51
Phil Latio

"David North" <dnorth@abbeymanor.fsbusiness.co.uk > wrote in message
> "The Mackem" <mackemsftm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > Scorebooks, are unfortunately still in hard copy as we do not take lap
tops
> > to matches to score on (well not up here anyway, someone would nick it),
>
> Apart from that, you would have to find somewhere pretty well shaded to be
able to see a laptop
> display (don't believe those adverts showing people using them on the
beach) and battery life would
> also be a problem. They also tend to get a bit too hot to actually use on
your lap!
> --
> David North

I am currently doing a University project on cricket scoring and I've done a
review of scoreboxes in the York Senior League.Problem is quite a few do not
have electric sockets and powering a laptop with a standard battery gives
only a couple of hours at best.

Windows CE devices (Handheld) supposedly keep a charge for around12 hours
but if you are entering data for 6 hours continuously, you won't make it
through the match.

However all is not lost. Cricket matches are played in the summer which
means lots of daylight, which in turn means solar power. I am currently
working on a developing a unit which combines both solar and battery power
to double/treble (maybe even more) battery life.

Cheers

Phil

19 Aug 2003 10:19:23
Brian
Re: Cricket Score Card Template

Thanks everybody for replying, it's amazing how diverse replies get from
offers to play, to university projects, impressive stuff! I enjoyed all the
replies, thanks for taking the time.

I think I failed to stress one important line in my post

"that we can print out"

I just wanted to take a printed sheet, not my laptop!

I have never even seen a cricket scorecard so I don't know where to start
creating one to print out, but it can't be more than a table of columns with
a standard set of codes to mark the bowling, hence spreadsheet.

Never mind, if nobody has such a thing, it was interesting anyway!

19 Aug 2003 14:51:05
Sean Ayling

"Phil Latio" <phil.latio@f-in-stupid.co.uk > wrote in message

> "David North" <dnorth@abbeymanor.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "The Mackem" <mackemsftm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Brian,
> > >
> > > Scorebooks, are unfortunately still in hard copy as we do not take lap
> tops
> > > to matches to score on (well not up here anyway, someone would nick
it),

> > Apart from that, you would have to find somewhere pretty well shaded to
be
> able to see a laptop
> > display (don't believe those adverts showing people using them on the
> beach) and battery life would
> > also be a problem. They also tend to get a bit too hot to actually use
on
> your lap!
> > --
> > David North
>
> I am currently doing a University project on cricket scoring and I've done
> review of scoreboxes in the York Senior League.Problem is quite a few do
not
> have electric sockets and powering a laptop with a standard battery gives
> only a couple of hours at best.
>
> Windows CE devices (Handheld) supposedly keep a charge for around12 hours
> but if you are entering data for 6 hours continuously, you won't make it
> through the match.
>
> However all is not lost. Cricket matches are played in the summer which
> means lots of daylight, which in turn means solar power. I am currently
> working on a developing a unit which combines both solar and battery power
> to double/treble (maybe even more) battery life.
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

Phil - what about the wind up radio thingy? I know they developed a phone
charger for it - how about a lappy version?

Sean

19 Aug 2003 15:36:43
Phil Latio
Re: Cricket Score Card Template

> Phil - what about the wind up radio thingy? I know they developed a phone
> charger for it - how about a lappy version?
>
> Sean

Had not thought about this but I am wondering if it will supply enough
power.

Cheers

Phil

19 Aug 2003 20:56:00
Jacob Eikelenboom
Re: Cricket Score Card Template

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:19:23 +0100, "Brian"
<brian.antispam.ballagh@ntlworld.com > wrote:

>Thanks everybody for replying, it's amazing how diverse replies get from
>offers to play, to university projects, impressive stuff! I enjoyed all the
>replies, thanks for taking the time.
>
>I think I failed to stress one important line in my post
>
>"that we can print out"
>
>I just wanted to take a printed sheet, not my laptop!
>
>I have never even seen a cricket scorecard so I don't know where to start
>creating one to print out, but it can't be more than a table of columns with
>a standard set of codes to mark the bowling, hence spreadsheet.
>
>Never mind, if nobody has such a thing, it was interesting anyway!

Brain,

you could take a look on one of the following links:
http://www.swissfocus.org/sf_services.html#Scoresheets
http://www.berlincc.de/ click on downloads

If you are not able to download an example, contact me direct (remove
antispam).

Jacob

21 Aug 2003 23:43:15
Sean Ayling

> > Phil - what about the wind up radio thingy? I know they developed a
phone
> > charger for it - how about a lappy version?
> >
> > Sean
>
> Had not thought about this but I am wondering if it will supply enough
> power.
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

you could be right - imagine having to wind it up for 10 minutes every hour
:-)
Sean