25 Oct 2003 23:53:50
SamPiper
2003 Breeders Cup Contest Results

All I can say is Wow. Just ... Wow.

First off, I have a mea culpa and I owe Grogger an apology. I told you that
you hadnt sent me your Turf Classic entries but in actuality, it was your
Juvenile Colt entries that didnt come in (you had put your turf entries under
the heading for Juv Colts and I didnt catch it until just now). That being
said, you would have needed 568.6 points to take the number one spot which
translates to calling the win on Action This Day and having Minister Eric as
either your second or third choice. Either way, good job. I am more than
happy to call this a dead heat and share the title this year with you ;-)

Second, KEVIN!! Guess what ... for the first time in, what, 3 years, you get to
ditch that "world's worst handicapper" title. For a little while at least ;-)

Here's the final breakdown, 34 players again this year. Thanks again for
playing, I do enjoy doing this each year and I *really* like the fact that a
lot of the old names who maybe arent around all year still continue to pop in
for the contest. See ya for the Derby Throwout.

Sam 3827.3 (thank GOD for Six Perfections/Touch Of The Blues)
grogger 3258.7
CD Hammond 1872.7
Jack Weldon 1857.3
fundoc 1766.3
Aner 1345.8
G-Man 992
Pedro Urra 981
Sfbayrfv 907
Ream 809
Bob Fritz 785.5
y2hay 745.5
Luramao 673
Johndaigle1 597
Ocala Mike 597
fooler tn 586.9
Clarkmeister 584
JCMumsie 582
Bobthe3rd 527.5
Kevin TWWH 516
ron verraneault 472.5
JC Galbaugh 471
lsj7 470
Brenda 462
theoldfart 421
cehlaw 399.5
LANCELY68 372.5
MSJMurphy 372.5
Dragon Fire 238.5
HomerBoy 192.5
jim.crack 182
Ren 173.5
CyberCapper 112
fatbet 69.5

... .- --

26 Oct 2003 00:10:39
Ren
Re: 2003 Breeders Cup Contest Results

"SamPiper" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> All I can say is Wow. Just ... Wow.
>
> First off, I have a mea culpa and I owe Grogger an apology. I told you
that
> you hadnt sent me your Turf Classic entries but in actuality, it was your
> Juvenile Colt entries that didnt come in (you had put your turf entries
under
> the heading for Juv Colts and I didnt catch it until just now). That
being
> said, you would have needed 568.6 points to take the number one spot which
> translates to calling the win on Action This Day and having Minister Eric
as
> either your second or third choice. Either way, good job. I am more than
> happy to call this a dead heat and share the title this year with you ;-)
>
> Second, KEVIN!! Guess what ... for the first time in, what, 3 years, you
get to
> ditch that "world's worst handicapper" title. For a little while at least
;-)

> Here's the final breakdown, 34 players again this year. Thanks again for
> playing, I do enjoy doing this each year and I *really* like the fact that
> lot of the old names who maybe arent around all year still continue to pop
in
> for the contest. See ya for the Derby Throwout.
>
> Sam 3827.3 (thank GOD for Six Perfections/Touch Of The Blues)
> grogger 3258.7
> CD Hammond 1872.7
> Jack Weldon 1857.3
> fundoc 1766.3
> Aner 1345.8
> G-Man 992
> Pedro Urra 981
> Sfbayrfv 907
> Ream 809
> Bob Fritz 785.5
> y2hay 745.5
> Luramao 673
> Johndaigle1 597
> Ocala Mike 597
> fooler tn 586.9
> Clarkmeister 584
> JCMumsie 582
> Bobthe3rd 527.5
> Kevin TWWH 516
> ron verraneault 472.5
> JC Galbaugh 471
> lsj7 470
> Brenda 462
> theoldfart 421
> cehlaw 399.5
> LANCELY68 372.5
> MSJMurphy 372.5
> Dragon Fire 238.5
> HomerBoy 192.5
> jim.crack 182
> Ren 173.5
> CyberCapper 112
> fatbet 69.5
>
> ... .- --

Thanx for the contest fun, i really need to improve dramatically next year
instead of falling out of the gate:)

Ren

26 Oct 2003 01:30:36
JOrcus
Re: 2003 Breeders Cup Contest Results

>All I can say is Wow. Just ... Wow.
>
>First off, I have a mea culpa and I owe Grogger an apology. I told you that
>you hadnt sent me your Turf Classic entries but in actuality, it was your
>Juvenile Colt entries that didnt come in (you had put your turf entries under
>the heading for Juv Colts and I didnt catch it until just now). That being
>said, you would have needed 568.6 points to take the number one spot which
>translates to calling the win on Action This Day and having Minister Eric as
>either your second or third choice. Either way, good job. I am more than
>happy to call this a dead heat and share the title this year with you ;-)

The title is all yours Sam. Congrats. I should be DQ'd for not filling the
thing out right. totally my fault. I can assure you that Action this day was
not on any of my tickets. I am happy just the same.

Thanks

grogger

26 Oct 2003 03:29:39
Bob Fritz
Re: 2003 Breeders Cup Contest Results

Here's Wow. Just...Wow for you. Or "The Agony and the Ecstasy":

Today was really sucking for most of the day. I cashed some small bets--had
Six Perfections and a few horses to place--think I actually lost a winning
ticket on Bluesthestandard--let's just say I was considering never entering
a track or OTB again. Going into the Classic, I figured I should give it one
last, big shot. So I put together a $48 trifecta ticket with my top 3
Classic picks:
MdO + PDrift + PPerfect
over
MdO + PDrift + PPerfect
over
All
And the rest, as they say, is history. I cashed for $831--my first IRS
ticket in over a year. And my first substantial BC winner ever!
Thanks for the great contest, Sam.

Bob

"SamPiper" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> All I can say is Wow. Just ... Wow.
>
> First off, I have a mea culpa and I owe Grogger an apology. I told you
that
> you hadnt sent me your Turf Classic entries but in actuality, it was your
> Juvenile Colt entries that didnt come in (you had put your turf entries
under
> the heading for Juv Colts and I didnt catch it until just now). That
being
> said, you would have needed 568.6 points to take the number one spot which
> translates to calling the win on Action This Day and having Minister Eric
as
> either your second or third choice. Either way, good job. I am more than
> happy to call this a dead heat and share the title this year with you ;-)
>
> Second, KEVIN!! Guess what ... for the first time in, what, 3 years, you
get to
> ditch that "world's worst handicapper" title. For a little while at least
;-)

> Here's the final breakdown, 34 players again this year. Thanks again for
> playing, I do enjoy doing this each year and I *really* like the fact that
> lot of the old names who maybe arent around all year still continue to pop
in
> for the contest. See ya for the Derby Throwout.
>
> Sam 3827.3 (thank GOD for Six Perfections/Touch Of The Blues)
> grogger 3258.7
> CD Hammond 1872.7
> Jack Weldon 1857.3
> fundoc 1766.3
> Aner 1345.8
> G-Man 992
> Pedro Urra 981
> Sfbayrfv 907
> Ream 809
> Bob Fritz 785.5
> y2hay 745.5
> Luramao 673
> Johndaigle1 597
> Ocala Mike 597
> fooler tn 586.9
> Clarkmeister 584
> JCMumsie 582
> Bobthe3rd 527.5
> Kevin TWWH 516
> ron verraneault 472.5
> JC Galbaugh 471
> lsj7 470
> Brenda 462
> theoldfart 421
> cehlaw 399.5
> LANCELY68 372.5
> MSJMurphy 372.5
> Dragon Fire 238.5
> HomerBoy 192.5
> jim.crack 182
> Ren 173.5
> CyberCapper 112
> fatbet 69.5
>
> ... .- --

25 Oct 2003 23:36:12
Dragon Fire
Re: 2003 Breeders Cup Contest Results

Thanks for allowing me to play. This was the first time that I had seen
this group. Hopefully I will get over my shame and embarrasment by the
time the next race comes and play again. Again, thank you. Ran

25 Oct 2003 23:12:59
lsj7

Bob Fritz wrote:
> Here's Wow. Just...Wow for you. Or "The Agony and the Ecstasy":
>
> Today was really sucking for most of the day. I cashed some small
> bets--had Six Perfections and a few horses to place--think I actually
> lost a winning ticket on Bluesthestandard--let's just say I was
> considering never entering a track or OTB again. Going into the
> Classic, I figured I should give it one last, big shot. So I put
> together a $48 trifecta ticket with my top 3 Classic picks:
> MdO + PDrift + PPerfect
> over
> MdO + PDrift + PPerfect
> over
> All
> And the rest, as they say, is history. I cashed for $831--my first IRS
> ticket in over a year. And my first substantial BC winner ever!
> Thanks for the great contest, Sam.
>
> Bob
>> Bob Fritz 785.5

Congrats Bob...glad to hear it. I bet you are hoarse and put a dent in the
floor where you were jumping up and down cheering!! Way to go!!!!!

Your old lady is gonna have to give it up too, tonight...bwahahahhaha!!

You go, boy! Find that bottom!!

--
lsj7

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you
can fool enough of them to rule a large country.
________will durant