22 Feb 2007 09:09:48
g Wayne
Attn Wolfagain - Now downloading at a computer near me

Superman - the 1948 serial.
Chapter 1 'Superman comes to earth'
--

-- g Wayne --

23 Feb 2007 05:14:35
wolfagain
Re: Attn Wolfagain - Now downloading at a computer near me

On Feb 22, 4:09 am, "g Wayne" <[email protected] > wrote:
> Superman - the 1948 serial.
> Chapter 1 'Superman comes to earth'
> --
>
> -- g Wayne --

Downloading from a web site? Where? This one is my favorite! Allyn
Kirk is a great Clark Kent but seems a little 'girly' for Superman,
especially when he runs around! Funny. Serial gets bad revues because
flying sequences are animated. Get the 1st "Green Hornet" and I'll
trade you the 2nd one, "The Green Hornet Strikes Again"

24 Feb 2007 04:06:57
g Wayne

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:14:35 UTC, "wolfagain" <[email protected] > wrote:

> On Feb 22, 4:09 am, "g Wayne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Superman - the 1948 serial.
> > Chapter 1 'Superman comes to earth'
> > --
> >
> > -- g Wayne --
>
> Downloading from a web site? Where? This one is my favorite! Allyn
> Kirk is a great Clark Kent but seems a little 'girly' for Superman,
> especially when he runs around! Funny. Serial gets bad revues because
> flying sequences are animated. Get the 1st "Green Hornet" and I'll
> trade you the 2nd one, "The Green Hornet Strikes Again"

downloading from usenet, aka newsgroups. part of the internet that a lot of
providers don't provide. I've noticed that Allyn Kirk is not listed
anywhere in the credits. At least not through ch 7. They probably list him
at the end.

I think the animation is way cool. Someone did a helluva good editing job
with the transitions into and out of the animated sequences.
I'll be on the lookout for the 'Hornet'. could have gotten the TV series,
but naw, it wasn't that good.

up...up....up & away..........
--

-- g Wayne --

24 Feb 2007 04:14:36

On Feb 23, 11:06 pm, "g Wayne" <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:14:35 UTC, "wolfagain" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Feb 22, 4:09 am, "g Wayne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Superman - the 1948 serial.
> > > Chapter 1 'Superman comes to earth'
> > > --
>
> > > -- g Wayne --
>
> > Downloading from a web site? Where? This one is my favorite! Allyn
> > Kirk is a great Clark Kent but seems a little 'girly' for Superman,
> > especially when he runs around! Funny. Serial gets bad revues because
> > flying sequences are animated. Get the 1st "Green Hornet" and I'll
> > trade you the 2nd one, "The Green Hornet Strikes Again"
>
> downloading from usenet, aka newsgroups. part of the internet that a lot of
> providers don't provide. I've noticed that Allyn Kirk is not listed
> anywhere in the credits. At least not through ch 7. They probably list him
> at the end.
>
> I think the animation is way cool. Someone did a helluva good editing job
> with the transitions into and out of the animated sequences.
> I'll be on the lookout for the 'Hornet'. could have gotten the TV series,
> but naw, it wasn't that good.
>
> up...up....up & away..........
> --
>
> -- g Wayne --

Your right about the credits. This superman gets no respect! Name
should read Kirk Allyn. Jimmy Olson is "Butch" from the old 'Our Gang'
shorts. Nicole Noell's whole career was playing Lois Lane, 2 SM
serials and the TV show from the mid 50's. She's still alive at 86, I
think.

25 Feb 2007 06:33:12
g Wayne

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:14:36 UTC, "wolfagain" <[email protected] > wrote:

> On Feb 23, 11:06 pm, "g Wayne" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Downloading from a web site? Where? This one is my favorite! Allyn
> > > Kirk is a great Clark Kent but seems a little 'girly' for Superman,
> > > especially when he runs around! Funny. Serial gets bad revues because
> > > flying sequences are animated. Get the 1st "Green Hornet" and I'll
> > > trade you the 2nd one, "The Green Hornet Strikes Again"
> >
> > downloading from usenet, aka newsgroups. part of the internet that a lot of
> > providers don't provide. I've noticed that Allyn Kirk is not listed
> > anywhere in the credits. At least not through ch 7. They probably list him
> > at the end.
> >
> > I think the animation is way cool. Someone did a helluva good editing job
> > with the transitions into and out of the animated sequences.
> > I'll be on the lookout for the 'Hornet'. could have gotten the TV series,
> > but naw, it wasn't that good.
> >
> > up...up....up & away..........
> > --
> >
> > -- g Wayne --
>
> Your right about the credits. This superman gets no respect! Name
> should read Kirk Allyn. Jimmy Olson is "Butch" from the old 'Our Gang'
> shorts. Nicole Noell's whole career was playing Lois Lane, 2 SM
> serials and the TV show from the mid 50's. She's still alive at 86, I
> think.

She had the role of Lois perfected in the TV show.

--

-- g Wayne --