29 Sep 2005 15:45:47
mge
Bris Net pick of the day

Do they tell you when they lose one like Wednesday at Belmont when the
choice ran "dead last" at $2.35-1. Okay, 14 for 25 for September and a win
at Delaware Tuesday, an exacta at 7-1 odds payoff.

29 Sep 2005 20:33:53
Ed In Calif
Re: Bris Net pick of the day

Does anyone ever mention their losses, unless they think they have a good
excuse/reason
while their pick failed to hit the board, or just missed by a nose.

If a runner finishes last, first of all the jockey probably backed off
because the horse just
did not have it that day. This is why I am always more confident in my bets
when I am
at the track and can see if horses are rank or washed out. Picking more than
a day in
advance, like all public handicappers have to do, I think has a built in
disadvantage.

Ed in Calif.

"mge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Do they tell you when they lose one like Wednesday at Belmont when the
> choice ran "dead last" at $2.35-1. Okay, 14 for 25 for September and a win
> at Delaware Tuesday, an exacta at 7-1 odds payoff.

30 Sep 2005 04:45:33
Re: Bris Net pick of the day

Ed In Calif wrote:
> Does anyone ever mention their losses, unless they think they have a good
> excuse/reason
> while their pick failed to hit the board, or just missed by a nose.
>
> If a runner finishes last, first of all the jockey probably backed off
> because the horse just
> did not have it that day. This is why I am always more confident in my bets
> when I am
> at the track and can see if horses are rank or washed out. Picking more than
> a day in
> advance, like all public handicappers have to do, I think has a built in
> disadvantage.
>
> Ed in Calif.
>

> "mge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Do they tell you when they lose one like Wednesday at Belmont when the
> > choice ran "dead last" at $2.35-1. Okay, 14 for 25 for September and a win
> > at Delaware Tuesday, an exacta at 7-1 odds payoff.

Horses running last don't bother me as much as horses running wide
then finishing full of run for the place or show.

30 Sep 2005 13:32:52
mge
Re: Bris Net pick of the day

I hear you, good viewpoints.