25 Nov 2006 15:20:01
Gen Buck Turgidson
Discreet Cat Takes Cigar Mile; Equals Track Record!

After running 3/4 in 107 3/5, Discreet Cat under mild urging put away
Silver Train to win the Cigar Mile in 1:32 2/5, a new stakes record.
The time equaled the track record for 1 mile at Aqueduct set by Easy
Goer set in 1989.

Badge of Silver got up for 2nd as Silver Train weakened late for the
show.

It will be interesting to see what the Beyer Fig is.

25 Nov 2006 23:19:02
G-Man
Re: Discreet Cat Takes Cigar Mile; Equals Track Record!

"Gen Buck Turgidson" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> After running 3/4 in 107 3/5, Discreet Cat under mild urging put away
> Silver Train to win the Cigar Mile in 1:32 2/5, a new stakes record.
> The time equaled the track record for 1 mile at Aqueduct set by Easy
> Goer set in 1989.
>
> Badge of Silver got up for 2nd as Silver Train weakened late for the
> show.
>
> It will be interesting to see what the Beyer Fig is.

http://www.racereplays.com/nyra/index.cfm?start=gen_nyra

He will be even better when Frankie gets back on board.

Cheers,
G-Man

26 Nov 2006 00:00:02
Danzig

G-Man wrote:

> "Gen Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> After running 3/4 in 107 3/5, Discreet Cat under mild urging put away
>> Silver Train to win the Cigar Mile in 1:32 2/5, a new stakes record.
>> The time equaled the track record for 1 mile at Aqueduct set by Easy
>> Goer set in 1989.
>>
>> Badge of Silver got up for 2nd as Silver Train weakened late for the
>> show.
>>
>> It will be interesting to see what the Beyer Fig is.
>

> http://www.racereplays.com/nyra/index.cfm?start=gen_nyra
>
> He will be even better when Frankie gets back on board.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man
I wouldn't hold my breath. The horse runs the rider RIDES.

26 Nov 2006 01:13:11
G-Man
Re: Discreet Cat Takes Cigar Mile; Equals Track Record!

"Danzig" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> G-Man wrote:
>>
>> "Gen Buck Turgidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> After running 3/4 in 107 3/5, Discreet Cat under mild urging put away
>>> Silver Train to win the Cigar Mile in 1:32 2/5, a new stakes record.
>>> The time equaled the track record for 1 mile at Aqueduct set by Easy
>>> Goer set in 1989.
>>>
>>> Badge of Silver got up for 2nd as Silver Train weakened late for the
>>> show.
>>>
>>> It will be interesting to see what the Beyer Fig is.
>>

>> http://www.racereplays.com/nyra/index.cfm?start=gen_nyra
>>
>> He will be even better when Frankie gets back on board.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> G-Man
> I wouldn't hold my breath. The horse runs the rider RIDES.

Here fishy, fishy. First cast as well.

Cheers,
G-Man

26 Nov 2006 09:32:02
Gen Buck Turgidson

On 25 Nov 2006 15:20:01 -0600, Gen Buck Turgidson <[email protected] > wrote:
>It will be interesting to see what the Beyer Fig is.

Track must've been very fast as the BSF was "only" 116.

DC's running time was only 1/5 off the world record held by one of the
all time greats, Dr Fager in 1968 at Arlington Park.

Meanwhile, No Biz Like Showbiz nearly "pulled an Arazi" in winning the
GRII Remsen. Take note Tiz Wonderful! ;- >