30 Nov 2006 20:35:25
Danzig
G man about claimers

The thing about the masses, is that they have a SLAVISH adherence to
class structure and NOT the horse's abilities. Seabiscuit was once a 5k
claimer. When you DISCARD the artificial man made class structure and
simply look at the ability of the horses entered, you break the mold of
that slavish adherence and many a good price comes your way as you are
thinking outside the norms and that is what the parimutuel system rewards.

Tim Yatcak


30 Nov 2006 13:10:03
wolfagain
Re: G man about claimers


Danzig wrote:
> The thing about the masses, is that they have a SLAVISH adherence to
> class structure and NOT the horse's abilities. Seabiscuit was once a 5k
> claimer. When you DISCARD the artificial man made class structure and
> simply look at the ability of the horses entered, you break the mold of
> that slavish adherence and many a good price comes your way as you are
> thinking outside the norms and that is what the parimutuel system rewards.
>
> Tim Yatcak
CLASS! and CHARACTER! Prisons are full of Bastards and ill bred
Cretains! Most have Tattoos! A SURE sign of ILL breeding! Seabiscut was
sired by Man of War! He had a BEHAVIOR problem for sure, BUT the CLASS
was always there! Claimers are the Ghetto horses who can't pay their
way! They need HELP! For every John Henry there's a 1000 losers!



30 Nov 2006 16:26:00
Dog
Re: G man about claimers

wolfagain wrote:


> CLASS! and CHARACTER! Prisons are full of Bastards and ill bred
> Cretains! Most have Tattoos! A SURE sign of ILL breeding!

You left out child molesters like yourself. They put assholes like you
in protective custody so you don't get your ass pumped and killed you
fucking pervert.


01 Dec 2006 00:45:02
funquaY
Re: G man about claimers


"Danzig" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> The thing about the masses, is that they have a SLAVISH adherence to
> class structure and NOT the horse's abilities. Seabiscuit was once a 5k
> claimer. When you DISCARD the artificial man made class structure and
> simply look at the ability of the horses entered, you break the mold of
> that slavish adherence and many a good price comes your way as you are
> thinking outside the norms and that is what the parimutuel system rewards.

Look DOPEY, I'm going to give you a FREE handicapping LESSON, regarding
class and ITS importance. After which you will do me the kindness OF
shutting the fuck up about the SUBJECT, about which you know fuckall,
FOREVER and ever AMEN.

VIZ.: On Monday, the 8th at Finger LAKES was won by Pricilla's Flag. It was
a 5K claimer, 1M 70. PF paid $10. The last time PF ran at a claiming price
was for 18K, on the NYRA circuit. She had since run several times in an
allowance conditions at NYRA and elsewhere. She hadn't hit the board: she
had displayed no early speed; she had displayed no tactical speed; and she
had shown that she lacked a closing kick. In short, she showed that she was
a filly of small ability. However, in this particular spot her trainer
cleverly spotted her against horses of even less ability. In fact, she had
the good fortune to be running against horses who were slightly more
valuable to their owners as thoroughbreds as they were as dog food or jello,
AKA 5K claimers at Finger Lakes. And so despite the fact that several Finger
Lakes LIFERS were in good form, she was good enough to beat them. Because
she was a CLASSIER animal.

Therefore: stick your Sagarin FIGURES up your ass, where they can join YOUR
head. Thanks IN advance.




01 Dec 2006 01:04:15
Danzig
Re: G man about claimers

funquaY wrote:
> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> The thing about the masses, is that they have a SLAVISH adherence to
>> class structure and NOT the horse's abilities. Seabiscuit was once a 5k
>> claimer. When you DISCARD the artificial man made class structure and
>> simply look at the ability of the horses entered, you break the mold of
>> that slavish adherence and many a good price comes your way as you are
>> thinking outside the norms and that is what the parimutuel system rewards.
>
> Look DOPEY, I'm going to give you a FREE handicapping LESSON, regarding
> class and ITS importance. After which you will do me the kindness OF
> shutting the fuck up about the SUBJECT, about which you know fuckall,
> FOREVER and ever AMEN.
>

and I am not going to listen as I have it figured out


01 Dec 2006 01:06:51
Danzig
trahs mouth again

funquaY wrote:
> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> The thing about the masses, is that they have a SLAVISH adherence to
>> class structure and NOT the horse's abilities. Seabiscuit was once a 5k
>> claimer. When you DISCARD the artificial man made class structure and
>> simply look at the ability of the horses entered, you break the mold of
>> that slavish adherence and many a good price comes your way as you are
>> thinking outside the norms and that is what the parimutuel system rewards.
>
> Look DOPEY, I'm going to give you a FREE handicapping LESSON, regarding
> class and ITS importance. After which you will do me the kindness OF
> shutting the fuck up about the SUBJECT, about which you know fuckall,
> FOREVER and ever AMEN.
>
> you cannot talk with the F word


01 Dec 2006 01:25:49
Danzig
things one learns

In every field of endeavor, folks get to a point of confidence. A few of
them realize that you don't stand still and must maintain that position
almost as hard as it took to get to that level.

I have been where you are: an authoritarian musterbator (there is only
ONE way to see these game and it MUST be my way). Well almost 50 years
and thousands and thousands of races later, one realizes that there is
NO ONE WAY, only various WAYS to look at handicapping a horse race.

It is only the wise and experienced who look for those less traveled
paths in a parimutuel game, but there never has been, nor ever will be a
single path to winning a race.

Tim Yatcak


01 Dec 2006 01:31:00
Danzig
winner of monday's eight

8th race - Finger Lakes - November 27, 2006

Off at: 3:01 Race Type: Maiden Special Weight
Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
Value of Race: $16,500
Distance: Six Furlongs
Surface Type: Dirt Track Condition: Fast
Winning Time: 1:12.85
Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
7 Mudesh John R. Davila, Jr. 4.10 3.00 2.70
3 Red Art Jeremias Flores 4.20 2.70
1 Regal Encounter Pauline Forkhamer 5.00
Also ran: 4 - River Ballet , 5 - Major Deegan , 2 - Manhasset Bay Cat ,
6 - Remote View , 8 - Ducky Lyksus

Wager Type Winning Numbers Payoff
$2 Exacta 7-3 12.20
$2 Trifecta 7-3-1 101.00
Winning Breeder: Latitude 27, LLC
Winning Owner: Maggi Moss
Winning Trainer: Chris J. Englehart


01 Dec 2006 01:32:32
Danzig
Tuesday's eight

8th race - Finger Lakes - November 28, 2006

Off at: 3:05 Race Type: Claiming
Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
Sex Restriction: Fillies and Mares
Value of Race: $9,000
Distance: One Mile And Seventy Yards
Surface Type: Dirt Track Condition: Fast
Winning Time: 1:47.22
Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
5 Priscilla's Flag Paul A. Nicol, Jr. 10.00 4.90 3.50
4 Personal Half Mast Clive T. Beech 6.40 3.90
1 Ultimate Star Jose Arturo Gutierrez 3.10
Also ran: 8 - Regal Bobette , 6 - Excellent Charisma , 3 - Sosella , 2 -
Scarlet Billows , 7 - Vacation Ticket
Scratched horses: Torrential Lady


01 Dec 2006 03:21:29
funquaY
Re: winner of monday's eight

Tuesday. 8th race. Priscilla's Flag. $10. For god sake take your head out of
your ass and try and learn something.

http://www.drf.com/results/28/rFL28.html?rn=309814










"Danzig" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> 8th race - Finger Lakes - November 27, 2006
>
> Off at: 3:01 Race Type: Maiden Special Weight
> Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
> Value of Race: $16,500
> Distance: Six Furlongs
> Surface Type: Dirt Track Condition: Fast
> Winning Time: 1:12.85
> Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
> 7 Mudesh John R. Davila, Jr. 4.10 3.00 2.70
> 3 Red Art Jeremias Flores 4.20 2.70
> 1 Regal Encounter Pauline Forkhamer 5.00
> Also ran: 4 - River Ballet , 5 - Major Deegan , 2 - Manhasset Bay Cat ,
> 6 - Remote View , 8 - Ducky Lyksus
>
> Wager Type Winning Numbers Payoff
> $2 Exacta 7-3 12.20
> $2 Trifecta 7-3-1 101.00
> Winning Breeder: Latitude 27, LLC
> Winning Owner: Maggi Moss
> Winning Trainer: Chris J. Englehart




01 Dec 2006 04:31:39
Danzig
Re: winner of monday's eight

funquaY wrote:
> Tuesday. 8th race. Priscilla's Flag. $10. For god sake take your head out of
> your ass and try and learn something.
>
> http://www.drf.com/results/28/rFL28.html?rn=309814
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> 8th race - Finger Lakes - November 27, 2006
>>
>> Off at: 3:01 Race Type: Maiden Special Weight
>> Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
>> Value of Race: $16,500
>> Distance: Six Furlongs
>> Surface Type: Dirt Track Condition: Fast
>> Winning Time: 1:12.85
>> Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
>> 7 Mudesh John R. Davila, Jr. 4.10 3.00 2.70
>> 3 Red Art Jeremias Flores 4.20 2.70
>> 1 Regal Encounter Pauline Forkhamer 5.00
>> Also ran: 4 - River Ballet , 5 - Major Deegan , 2 - Manhasset Bay Cat ,
>> 6 - Remote View , 8 - Ducky Lyksus
>>
>> Wager Type Winning Numbers Payoff
>> $2 Exacta 7-3 12.20
>> $2 Trifecta 7-3-1 101.00
>> Winning Breeder: Latitude 27, LLC
>> Winning Owner: Maggi Moss
>> Winning Trainer: Chris J. Englehart
>
>
reponding to your quote:" On Monday, the 8th at Finger LAKES was won by
Pricilla's Flag. It was
a 5K claimer, 1M 70. PF paid $10. T


01 Dec 2006 04:32:02
Danzig
Re: winner of monday's eight

funquaY wrote:
> Tuesday. 8th race. Priscilla's Flag. $10. For god sake take your head out of
> your ass and try and learn something.
>

so far I have learned NOTHING from you


01 Dec 2006 08:30:52
g Wayne
Re: G man about claimers

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 00:45:02 UTC, "funquaY" <[email protected] >
wrote:

>
> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > The thing about the masses, is that they have a SLAVISH adherence to
> > class structure and NOT the horse's abilities. Seabiscuit was once a 5k
> > claimer. When you DISCARD the artificial man made class structure and
> > simply look at the ability of the horses entered, you break the mold of
> > that slavish adherence and many a good price comes your way as you are
> > thinking outside the norms and that is what the parimutuel system rewards.
>
> Look DOPEY, I'm going to give you a FREE handicapping LESSON, regarding
> class and ITS importance. After which you will do me the kindness OF
> shutting the fuck up about the SUBJECT, about which you know fuckall,
> FOREVER and ever AMEN.
>
> VIZ.: On Monday, the 8th at Finger LAKES was won by Pricilla's Flag. It was
> a 5K claimer, 1M 70. PF paid $10. The last time PF ran at a claiming price
> was for 18K, on the NYRA circuit. She had since run several times in an
> allowance conditions at NYRA and elsewhere. She hadn't hit the board: she
> had displayed no early speed; she had displayed no tactical speed; and she
> had shown that she lacked a closing kick. In short, she showed that she was
> a filly of small ability. However, in this particular spot her trainer
> cleverly spotted her against horses of even less ability. In fact, she had
> the good fortune to be running against horses who were slightly more
> valuable to their owners as thoroughbreds as they were as dog food or jello,
> AKA 5K claimers at Finger Lakes. And so despite the fact that several Finger
> Lakes LIFERS were in good form, she was good enough to beat them. Because
> she was a CLASSIER animal.
>
> Therefore: stick your Sagarin FIGURES up your ass, where they can join YOUR
> head. Thanks IN advance.
>
>
I guess we must be reading two different past performances for F'lakes.

1) as you know .....Tues. not Mon.
2) the 18k clm race was at F'lakes not on the NYRA circuit. In fact EVERY
race of PF's since Sept. 2005 has been at F'lakes.

I hope you read Danzig's reply "things one learns" as it's all about
interpretation.....
here's mine - 2 lngths back at 4f, 5 lngths back at 6f (2nd race back) =
early speed, especially since horse hadn't been that close in other recent
races. (sign of coming around to form albeit in a short field)
Last race...short field, facing better horses, going from state bred nw2
alw (which are often won by 4k claimers) to open bred nw2 alw. Showed
enough interest entire race to stay within striking distance finishing 5
lngths back. Now primed & ready. better race still to come.

now, my coresponding numbers...overall early speed=none...overall recent
closing kick=ranked #1....best recent closing kick=ranked #2....speed
rating(limited usefullness)=ranked #1

Negatives....inconsistant (in relation to rest of field) probably due to
stubborn owner or trainer not wanting to run where the horse belongs. Maybe
learned bad habit/s from running 'over her head' for too long & may not
want to pass the lead horse. 4 wins out of 51 life starts isn't too
promising but EPS is respectable.

Rest of the field.....best races behind them, although two of 'em could
have enough for one more time. Where you see 'in form' I see declining
form. Tell me, how could you expect a horse that can't win under conditions
of nw1(6m) to win a race under conditions of nw1(3m) at the same claiming
price. (#'s 1,2,& 3)

Final analysis....PF most probable in weak field. overlay odds placed at
6-1 risk/probability.


I congratulate you for picking this horse, and she didn't disapoint either
of us. I also picked her, but did not bet being only 4-1 and not worth the
risk. She won by a head. Had I played, she probably would have lost by a
nose.

So classier animal, I doubt. Finally running 'where' she belonged & being
the best 'in form' horse along with having the necessary recent ability is
the better argument for PF's win.
Under your definition of classier animal, what happened in the 5th race,
same day. Similar circumstances and yet the 'classier animal' folded up
like a cheap accordian to a 4k claimer.

If you continue using your current method of class assessment, take,
caution for to know when those manuvers are significant, when they're
meaningless, and when they are downright run away from, would be most
beneficial.

Good luck and read 'things one learns'
--

-- g Wayne --




01 Dec 2006 00:37:19
wolfagain
Re: G man about claimers


g Wayne wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 00:45:02 UTC, "funquaY" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >
> > "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > The thing about the masses, is that they have a SLAVISH adherence to
> > > class structure and NOT the horse's abilities. Seabiscuit was once a 5k
> > > claimer. When you DISCARD the artificial man made class structure and
> > > simply look at the ability of the horses entered, you break the mold of
> > > that slavish adherence and many a good price comes your way as you are
> > > thinking outside the norms and that is what the parimutuel system rewards.
> >
> > Look DOPEY, I'm going to give you a FREE handicapping LESSON, regarding
> > class and ITS importance. After which you will do me the kindness OF
> > shutting the fuck up about the SUBJECT, about which you know fuckall,
> > FOREVER and ever AMEN.
> >
> > VIZ.: On Monday, the 8th at Finger LAKES was won by Pricilla's Flag. It was
> > a 5K claimer, 1M 70. PF paid $10. The last time PF ran at a claiming price
> > was for 18K, on the NYRA circuit. She had since run several times in an
> > allowance conditions at NYRA and elsewhere. She hadn't hit the board: she
> > had displayed no early speed; she had displayed no tactical speed; and she
> > had shown that she lacked a closing kick. In short, she showed that she was
> > a filly of small ability. However, in this particular spot her trainer
> > cleverly spotted her against horses of even less ability. In fact, she had
> > the good fortune to be running against horses who were slightly more
> > valuable to their owners as thoroughbreds as they were as dog food or jello,
> > AKA 5K claimers at Finger Lakes. And so despite the fact that several Finger
> > Lakes LIFERS were in good form, she was good enough to beat them. Because
> > she was a CLASSIER animal.
> >
> > Therefore: stick your Sagarin FIGURES up your ass, where they can join YOUR
> > head. Thanks IN advance.
> >
> >
> I guess we must be reading two different past performances for F'lakes.
>
> 1) as you know .....Tues. not Mon.
> 2) the 18k clm race was at F'lakes not on the NYRA circuit. In fact EVERY
> race of PF's since Sept. 2005 has been at F'lakes.
>
> I hope you read Danzig's reply "things one learns" as it's all about
> interpretation.....
> here's mine - 2 lngths back at 4f, 5 lngths back at 6f (2nd race back) =
> early speed, especially since horse hadn't been that close in other recent
> races. (sign of coming around to form albeit in a short field)
> Last race...short field, facing better horses, going from state bred nw2
> alw (which are often won by 4k claimers) to open bred nw2 alw. Showed
> enough interest entire race to stay within striking distance finishing 5
> lngths back. Now primed & ready. better race still to come.
>
> now, my coresponding numbers...overall early speed=none...overall recent
> closing kick=ranked #1....best recent closing kick=ranked #2....speed
> rating(limited usefullness)=ranked #1
>
> Negatives....inconsistant (in relation to rest of field) probably due to
> stubborn owner or trainer not wanting to run where the horse belongs. Maybe
> learned bad habit/s from running 'over her head' for too long & may not
> want to pass the lead horse. 4 wins out of 51 life starts isn't too
> promising but EPS is respectable.
>
> Rest of the field.....best races behind them, although two of 'em could
> have enough for one more time. Where you see 'in form' I see declining
> form. Tell me, how could you expect a horse that can't win under conditions
> of nw1(6m) to win a race under conditions of nw1(3m) at the same claiming
> price. (#'s 1,2,& 3)
>
> Final analysis....PF most probable in weak field. overlay odds placed at
> 6-1 risk/probability.
>
>
> I congratulate you for picking this horse, and she didn't disapoint either
> of us. I also picked her, but did not bet being only 4-1 and not worth the
> risk. She won by a head. Had I played, she probably would have lost by a
> nose.
>
> So classier animal, I doubt. Finally running 'where' she belonged & being
> the best 'in form' horse along with having the necessary recent ability is
> the better argument for PF's win.
> Under your definition of classier animal, what happened in the 5th race,
> same day. Similar circumstances and yet the 'classier animal' folded up
> like a cheap accordian to a 4k claimer.
>
> If you continue using your current method of class assessment, take,
> caution for to know when those manuvers are significant, when they're
> meaningless, and when they are downright run away from, would be most
> beneficial.
>
> Good luck and read 'things one learns'
> --
>
> -- g Wayne --
Do you guys ACTUALLY invest money on 5K claimers? I never even look
at claiming races. Never will.



01 Dec 2006 12:50:36
funquaY
Re: winner of monday's eight


"Danzig" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> funquaY wrote:
>> Tuesday. 8th race. Priscilla's Flag. $10. For god sake take your head out
>> of your ass and try and learn something.
>>
>
> so far I have learned NOTHING from you

No skin off my NOSE dopey. One of us won an international handicapping
competition sponsored by the Daily Racing Form; and the other is not
particularly bright, even for a Canadian. I'll leave it to you to figure out
which is the former, which the latter.




01 Dec 2006 13:21:16
funquaY
Re: G man about claimers


"g Wayne" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 00:45:02 UTC, "funquaY" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>
>> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > The thing about the masses, is that they have a SLAVISH adherence to
>> > class structure and NOT the horse's abilities. Seabiscuit was once a 5k
>> > claimer. When you DISCARD the artificial man made class structure and
>> > simply look at the ability of the horses entered, you break the mold of
>> > that slavish adherence and many a good price comes your way as you are
>> > thinking outside the norms and that is what the parimutuel system
>> > rewards.
>>
>> Look DOPEY, I'm going to give you a FREE handicapping LESSON, regarding
>> class and ITS importance. After which you will do me the kindness OF
>> shutting the fuck up about the SUBJECT, about which you know fuckall,
>> FOREVER and ever AMEN.
>>
>> VIZ.: On Monday, the 8th at Finger LAKES was won by Pricilla's Flag. It
>> was
>> a 5K claimer, 1M 70. PF paid $10. The last time PF ran at a claiming
>> price
>> was for 18K, on the NYRA circuit. She had since run several times in an
>> allowance conditions at NYRA and elsewhere. She hadn't hit the board: she
>> had displayed no early speed; she had displayed no tactical speed; and
>> she
>> had shown that she lacked a closing kick. In short, she showed that she
>> was
>> a filly of small ability. However, in this particular spot her trainer
>> cleverly spotted her against horses of even less ability. In fact, she
>> had
>> the good fortune to be running against horses who were slightly more
>> valuable to their owners as thoroughbreds as they were as dog food or
>> jello,
>> AKA 5K claimers at Finger Lakes. And so despite the fact that several
>> Finger
>> Lakes LIFERS were in good form, she was good enough to beat them. Because
>> she was a CLASSIER animal.
>>
>> Therefore: stick your Sagarin FIGURES up your ass, where they can join
>> YOUR
>> head. Thanks IN advance.
>>
>>
> I guess we must be reading two different past performances for F'lakes.
>
> 1) as you know .....Tues. not Mon.
> 2) the 18k clm race was at F'lakes not on the NYRA circuit. In fact EVERY
> race of PF's since Sept. 2005 has been at F'lakes.

Fair enough, I was going from memory. Still a class drop though.


> I hope you read Danzig's reply "things one learns" as it's all about
> interpretation.....

Danzig is an idiot.

> here's mine - 2 lngths back at 4f, 5 lngths back at 6f (2nd race back) =
> early speed, especially since horse hadn't been that close in other recent
> races. (sign of coming around to form albeit in a short field)
> Last race...short field, facing better horses, going from state bred nw2
> alw (which are often won by 4k claimers) to open bred nw2 alw. Showed
> enough interest entire race to stay within striking distance finishing 5
> lngths back. Now primed & ready. better race still to come.
>
> now, my coresponding numbers...overall early speed=none...overall recent
> closing kick=ranked #1....best recent closing kick=ranked #2....speed
> rating(limited usefullness)=ranked #1

I don't know what those numbers mean. I don't use other people's stupid pace
ratings or whatever else. I prefer to do my own handicapping.


> Negatives....inconsistant (in relation to rest of field) probably due to
> stubborn owner or trainer not wanting to run where the horse belongs.

Excuse me, but what do you think CLASS means? If Danzig is right, and class
is an artificial construct, then it doesn't matter where the horse runs, and
the phrase "where the horse belongs" is a non sequitur. But in fact, as you
yourself have just stated, the trainer and owner were stubborn: they had
been running against better horses, a better CLASS of horses, horses PF just
hadn't been good enough to beat. But Tuesday, when she dropped in class, she
won, because she was running against horses of lesser ability than the ones
she had been running against previously. Her form had not changed. What had
changed was the level of competition.



> Maybe
> learned bad habit/s from running 'over her head' for too long & may not
> want to pass the lead horse. 4 wins out of 51 life starts isn't too
> promising but EPS is respectable.

Isn't EPS is an early pregnancy test?



> Rest of the field.....best races behind them, although two of 'em could
> have enough for one more time. Where you see 'in form' I see declining
> form. Tell me, how could you expect a horse that can't win under
> conditions
> of nw1(6m) to win a race under conditions of nw1(3m) at the same claiming
> price. (#'s 1,2,& 3)

I don't have the PPs in front of me. I do remember that two horses were in
top form, relatively speaking. Personal half mast had run three good races
in a row and then a clunker in the mud. Sosella was also in form, although
up against the track profile.

And anyway, how can you use the conditions to argue that class is
unimportant. The conditions are what class is.



> Final analysis....PF most probable in weak field. overlay odds placed at
> 6-1 risk/probability.
>
>
> I congratulate you for picking this horse, and she didn't disapoint either
> of us. I also picked her, but did not bet being only 4-1 and not worth the
> risk. She won by a head. Had I played, she probably would have lost by a
> nose.

I didn't say I played the horse.

> So classier animal, I doubt. Finally running 'where' she belonged & being
> the best 'in form' horse along with having the necessary recent ability is
> the better argument for PF's win.

Again, what does "where she belongs" mean if not class?

> Under your definition of classier animal, what happened in the 5th race,
> same day. Similar circumstances and yet the 'classier animal' folded up
> like a cheap accordian to a 4k claimer.

I do not believe that class is a magic bullet and never play a horse merely
because it is dropping in class. On the other hand I wouldn't tell a
beginner not to read the conditions before handicapping a race. Would you?
Clearly not. Yakack does. Perhaps you should argue with him.

> If you continue using your current method of class assessment, take,
> caution for to know when those manuvers are significant, when they're
> meaningless, and when they are downright run away from, would be most
> beneficial.

Yeah, golly, thanks for the advice, I'll try and remember that. In fact,
maybe using your sage advice I could learn enough to defeat 5000 people from
all over the world in a 6 month long handicapping competition sponsored by
the Daily Racing Form. Oh wait, I've already done that.

http://www.publichandicapper.com/top100-2001.cfm

Still, thanks for letting me know what'd be beneficial, there's a real
dearth of experts in usenet, so it was nice to hear from you.




01 Dec 2006 13:57:05
funquaY
Re: things one learns


"Danzig" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I have been where you are: an authoritarian musterbator (there is only ONE
> way to see these game and it MUST be my way). Well almost 50 years and
> thousands and thousands of races later, one realizes that there is NO ONE
> WAY, only various WAYS to look at handicapping a horse race.


Dear mushbrain:

Would you say that the person who made the following pronouncements is an
authoritarian?


bet the horse NOT the rider, not the groom, not the trainer, not the class,
THE HORSE and nothing else
===========================

THE ANIMAL'S INHERENT ABILITY IS THE ANIMAL'S, NOT some silly class
structure that a racing secretary imposes on it, or some irrelevant panel of
handicapper's. [I]t is the horse, not the class structure one should look at
. . . all hail those who still believe this crap!!!
===========================

Class? Don't make the mistake of slavish believing this OUTDATED idea
===========================

Forget the human made class structure
===========================

Breeding? It is way over-rated as a tool. the are literally hundreds of very
well bred horse that retired as maidens.
============================

Studying trainer's patterns is overblown
============================

SPEED unchallenged wins all the time
===============================


OTOH, I'm sure he's too old to musterbate.





02 Dec 2006 04:56:29
g Wayne
Re: G man about claimers

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:37:19 UTC, "wolfagain" <[email protected] > wrote:

>
> Do you guys ACTUALLY invest money on 5K claimers? I never even look
> at claiming races. Never will.
>

yes
--

-- g Wayne --




02 Dec 2006 05:12:01
g Wayne
Re: G man about claimers

>
> Yeah, golly, thanks for the advice, I'll try and remember that. In fact,
> maybe using your sage advice I could learn enough to defeat 5000 people from
> all over the world in a 6 month long handicapping competition sponsored by
> the Daily Racing Form. Oh wait, I've already done that.
>
> http://www.publichandicapper.com/top100-2001.cfm
>
> Still, thanks for letting me know what'd be beneficial, there's a real
> dearth of experts in usenet, so it was nice to hear from you.
>
>
I was going to reply to each of your condencending remarks, but after
reading the last ones, you aren't worth the time. I'm humbled by the
presence of your Royal Egotistical Braggart.
And playing horses has been your ONLY source of income for how long?

--

-- g Wayne --




02 Dec 2006 09:18:23
G-Man
Re: G man about claimers


"g Wayne" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> And playing horses has been your ONLY source of income for how long?


Hi g Wayne,
I've just checked and on 1st January it will be five years for me.

Cheers,
G-Man



02 Dec 2006 12:46:57
funquaY
Re: G man about claimers


"g Wayne" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I was going to reply to each of your condencending remarks, but after
> reading the last ones, you aren't worth the time.

http://www.igophoto.net/xor/images/giveahey2qt.gif


> I'm humbled by the
> presence of your Royal Egotistical Braggart.
> And playing horses has been your ONLY source of income for how long?
>
> --
>
> -- g Wayne --
>
>




02 Dec 2006 17:02:14
Danzig
Re: G man about claimers

g Wayne wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:37:19 UTC, "wolfagain" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Do you guys ACTUALLY invest money on 5K claimers? I never even look
>> at claiming races. Never will.
>>
>
> yes
biggest single mutuel $92.60 was on a maiden claimer at Fort Erie last
Summer.


02 Dec 2006 17:03:04
Danzig
Re: G man about claimers


> Yeah, golly, thanks for the advice, I'll try and remember that. In fact,
> maybe using your sage advice I could learn enough to defeat 5000 people from
> all over the world in a 6 month long handicapping competition sponsored by
> the Daily Racing Form. Oh wait, I've already done that.
>
> http://www.publichandicapper.com/top100-2001.cfm
>
> Still, thanks for letting me know what'd be beneficial, there's a real
> dearth of experts in usenet, so it was nice to hear from you.
>
>

give Up he is going to quote that contest until the cows come home.


02 Dec 2006 17:04:28
Danzig
what works

funquaY wrote:
> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>> I have been where you are: an authoritarian musterbator (there is only ONE
>> way to see these game and it MUST be my way). Well almost 50 years and
>> thousands and thousands of races later, one realizes that there is NO ONE
>> WAY, only various WAYS to look at handicapping a horse race.
>
>
> Dear mushbrain:
>
> Would you say that the person who made the following pronouncements is an
> authoritarian?
>
>
> bet the horse NOT the rider, not the groom, not the trainer, not the class,
> THE HORSE and nothing else
> ===========================
>
> THE ANIMAL'S INHERENT ABILITY IS THE ANIMAL'S, NOT some silly class
> structure that a racing secretary imposes on it, or some irrelevant panel of
> handicapper's. [I]t is the horse, not the class structure one should look at
> . . . all hail those who still believe this crap!!!
> ===========================
>
> Class? Don't make the mistake of slavish believing this OUTDATED idea
> ===========================
>
> Forget the human made class structure
> ===========================
>
> Breeding? It is way over-rated as a tool. the are literally hundreds of very
> well bred horse that retired as maidens.
> ============================
>
> Studying trainer's patterns is overblown
> ============================
>
> SPEED unchallenged wins all the time
> ===============================
>
>
> OTOH, I'm sure he's too old to musterbate.
>
>
>
ALL TRUE nothings changed


02 Dec 2006 23:41:51
funquaY
Re: G man about claimers


"Danzig" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
>> Yeah, golly, thanks for the advice, I'll try and remember that. In fact,
>> maybe using your sage advice I could learn enough to defeat 5000 people
>> from all over the world in a 6 month long handicapping competition
>> sponsored by the Daily Racing Form. Oh wait, I've already done that.
>>
>> http://www.publichandicapper.com/top100-2001.cfm
>>
>> Still, thanks for letting me know what'd be beneficial, there's a real
>> dearth of experts in usenet, so it was nice to hear from you.
>
> give Up he is going to quote that contest until the cows come home.

It is AN accomplishment. Unlike this self-AGGRANDIZING pablum:

"I will have to return all that money I was paid for articles to racing
magazines .. An the TV appearacne TOO?? Oh My goodness!!!!! . . . [an
individual who] is recognized as a relative authority just like myself and
like The BoodHorse [sic]. .. NOT to mention in book The Breeder's Cup: The
Greatest Day on the Turf by Perry Lefko [ed. note: there is no such book]
where my letter about the 1986 Breeder's Cup Turf in reproduced"




03 Dec 2006 00:28:39
g Wayne
Re: G man about claimers

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 17:02:14 UTC, Danzig <[email protected] > wrote:

> g Wayne wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:37:19 UTC, "wolfagain" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Do you guys ACTUALLY invest money on 5K claimers? I never even look
> >> at claiming races. Never will.
> >>
> >
> > yes
> biggest single mutuel $92.60 was on a maiden claimer at Fort Erie last
> Summer.

nice one
--

-- g Wayne --




03 Dec 2006 00:32:53
G-Man
Re: G man about claimers


"g Wayne" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 17:02:14 UTC, Danzig <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> g Wayne wrote:
>> > On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:37:19 UTC, "wolfagain" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Do you guys ACTUALLY invest money on 5K claimers? I never even look
>> >> at claiming races. Never will.
>> >>
>> >
>> > yes
>> biggest single mutuel $92.60 was on a maiden claimer at Fort Erie last
>> Summer.
>
> nice one

Unfortunately he didn't back it.

Cheers,
G-Man



03 Dec 2006 00:35:46
g Wayne
Re: G man about claimers

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 17:03:04 UTC, Danzig <[email protected] > wrote:

>
> > Yeah, golly, thanks for the advice, I'll try and remember that. In fact,
> > maybe using your sage advice I could learn enough to defeat 5000 people from
> > all over the world in a 6 month long handicapping competition sponsored by
> > the Daily Racing Form. Oh wait, I've already done that.
> >
> > http://www.publichandicapper.com/top100-2001.cfm
> >
> > Still, thanks for letting me know what'd be beneficial, there's a real
> > dearth of experts in usenet, so it was nice to hear from you.
> >
> >
>
> give Up he is going to quote that contest until the cows come home.

already done.....Bessie, where are you. come home.
--

-- g Wayne --




03 Dec 2006 00:37:14
Danzig
Re: G man about claimers

funquaY wrote:
> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>> Yeah, golly, thanks for the advice, I'll try and remember that. In fact,
>>> maybe using your sage advice I could learn enough to defeat 5000 people
>>> from all over the world in a 6 month long handicapping competition
>>> sponsored by the Daily Racing Form. Oh wait, I've already done that.
>>>
>>> http://www.publichandicapper.com/top100-2001.cfm
>>>
>>> Still, thanks for letting me know what'd be beneficial, there's a real
>>> dearth of experts in usenet, so it was nice to hear from you.
>> give Up he is going to quote that contest until the cows come home.
>
> It is AN accomplishment. Unlike this self-AGGRANDIZING pablum:
>
> "I will have to return all that money I was paid for articles to racing
> magazines .. An the TV appearacne TOO?? Oh My goodness!!!!! . . . [an
> individual who] is recognized as a relative authority just like myself and
> like The BoodHorse [sic]. .. NOT to mention in book The Breeder's Cup: The
> Greatest Day on the Turf by Perry Lefko [ed. note: there is no such book]
> where my letter about the 1986 Breeder's Cup Turf in reproduced"
>
>
right here. Turn to the chapter on the Greatest race and there is a
description of Manila at Santa Anita over Dancing Brave.
http://horseracing.about.com/cs/breederscup/fr/aafpr102103.htm


03 Dec 2006 00:41:03
Danzig
and the articles too


>> "I will have to return all that money I was paid for articles to
>> racing magazines .. An the TV appearacne TOO?? Oh My goodness!!!!! . .
>> . [an individual who] is recognized as a relative authority just like
>> myself and like The BoodHorse [sic]. .. NOT to mention in book The
>> Breeder's Cup: The Greatest Day on the Turf by Perry Lefko [ed. note:
>> there is no such book] where my letter about the 1986 Breeder's Cup
>> Turf in reproduced"
>>
> right here. Turn to the chapter on the Greatest race and there is a
> description of Manila at Santa Anita over Dancing Brave.
> http://horseracing.about.com/cs/breederscup/fr/aafpr102103.htm


Blood Horse, The BackStrech, Owner Breeder
British Columbia Thoroughbred, CTV's The Fifth Estate and others


03 Dec 2006 00:50:13
g Wayne
Re: G man about claimers

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 09:18:23 UTC, "G-Man" <[email protected] > wrote:

>
> "g Wayne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > And playing horses has been your ONLY source of income for how long?
>
>
> Hi g Wayne,
> I've just checked and on 1st January it will be five years for me.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man
>

yes, i knew you had been at it for a little while longer than I have, but
the question still remains how long has the contest winner been making a
living from playing horses.
--

-- g Wayne --




03 Dec 2006 15:08:20
funquaY
Re: G man about claimers


"Danzig" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> funquaY wrote:
>> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>>> Yeah, golly, thanks for the advice, I'll try and remember that. In
>>>> fact, maybe using your sage advice I could learn enough to defeat 5000
>>>> people from all over the world in a 6 month long handicapping
>>>> competition sponsored by the Daily Racing Form. Oh wait, I've already
>>>> done that.
>>>>
>>>> http://www.publichandicapper.com/top100-2001.cfm
>>>>
>>>> Still, thanks for letting me know what'd be beneficial, there's a real
>>>> dearth of experts in usenet, so it was nice to hear from you.
>>> give Up he is going to quote that contest until the cows come home.
>>
>> It is AN accomplishment. Unlike this self-AGGRANDIZING pablum:
>>
>> "I will have to return all that money I was paid for articles to racing
>> magazines .. An the TV appearacne TOO?? Oh My goodness!!!!! . . . [an
>> individual who] is recognized as a relative authority just like myself
>> and like The BoodHorse [sic]. .. NOT to mention in book The Breeder's
>> Cup: The Greatest Day on the Turf by Perry Lefko [ed. note: there is no
>> such book] where my letter about the 1986 Breeder's Cup Turf in
>> reproduced"
> right here. Turn to the chapter on the Greatest race and there is a
> description of Manila at Santa Anita over Dancing Brave.
> http://horseracing.about.com/cs/breederscup/fr/aafpr102103.htm

Dear muttonhead:

There is no book CALLED "The Breeder's Cup: The Greatest Day on the Turf ."
There is a BOOK called "The Greatest Show on Turf: A History of the
Breeders' Cup." It's BY Perry Lefto, who wrote such other important horse
racing books as "Sandra Schmirler: The Queen of CURLING" and "Pinball: The
Making of a Canadian Hero." The last chapter, "Lefko includes submissions by
members of About.Com's Horse Racing Forum of what the felt were the best BC
Cup races ever run." Sorry TO break the NEWS to you, but posting to the
INTERWEB about a horse race does not qualify you as a"relative authority" on
thoroughbred racing. In fact, posting to the interweb DOESN'T qualify you as
anything, although your postings do make a prima facie case that YOU'RE
nearly an imbecile.