18 Dec 2006 21:49:37
Great programming on HRTV Today

No studio hosts, just live feeds and the only voices are the track
announcer.
No inane chatter.
No showing us the crews P4 tickets without telling us why they made
those picks.
No showing up the odds on race 19 minutes away while missing a live race.
Maybe the idea will spread to TVG.

19 Dec 2006 04:49:49
wolfagain
Re: Great programming on HRTV Today

[email protected] wrote:
> No studio hosts, just live feeds and the only voices are the track
> announcer.
> No inane chatter.
> No showing us the crews P4 tickets without telling us why they made
> those picks.
> No showing up the odds on race 19 minutes away while missing a live race.
> Maybe the idea will spread to TVG.
The absolute last thing I need is to listen to pre-race Chatter or
what I call Blather! I'd turn the sound OFF if it was me.

19 Dec 2006 14:28:04
nundoc
Re: Great programming on HRTV Today

"wolfagain" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> [email protected] wrote:
>> No studio hosts, just live feeds and the only voices are the track
>> announcer.
>> No inane chatter.
>> No showing us the crews P4 tickets without telling us why they made
>> those picks.
>> No showing up the odds on race 19 minutes away while missing a live
>> race.
>> Maybe the idea will spread to TVG.
> The absolute last thing I need is to listen to pre-race Chatter or
> what I call Blather! I'd turn the sound OFF if it was me.

The problem is that you turn it off you risk missing pertinent information:
late scratches, shoe changes, etc.
The local OTB here recently started a show called "Prime Time Live." For
four hours every day mulletheads who otherwise work in the network's
marketing department become alleged professional handicappers and make
selections for all the races at the three or four tracks the network
features daily. Combined they have the knowledge, charisma and telegenics of
a sea cucumber. They jibber jabber inanely about why they like a particular
horse's pedigree or pace number or whatever the hell else, mention three or
four other horses, and then afterwards crow about hitting the reverse exacta
or triple box or whatever combination they can parley their selections into;
or whinge about how their top selection got blocked in the stretch if it ran
last instead of third. One of the handicappers once selected a 5-2 horse as
her top selection; she said not to worry about the fact that it was running
first time aluminum pad on because the pad wasn't likely to fly off. That's
right, 5-2 was a good price because the shoe wasn't likely to fly off. I
wrote the network suggesting that the shoe flying off might actually aid the
horse because if it struck another horse in the head that horse might get
amnesia and forget that it was supposed to win the race, but they never
answered. They also play the feed over the loudspeakers at the filthy
disgusting OTB parlors they run so that in addition to the hundreds of
middle aged divorced imbeciles in stained Ranger jerseys screaming at the
giant screen there's now the constant roar of some chowder head with a
degree in marketing from Hudson Valley Community College explaining why 3-1
is a good price on a Leah Gyarmati second time starter out of a Gone West
mare second time Lasix blinkers off turf to dirt two pounds over jockey
switch to Rudy Rodriegez front wraps on pedigree play. So if you want to
play you have to listen. Lately, I just don't play. Fortunately for them
though they run a government funded monopoly, so no matter how incompetent
they are they get regular raises every year and two weeks vacation paid.
America is a great country for the stupid. Little wonder it's the
destination of choice for so many canadians.

19 Dec 2006 07:55:05

nundoc wrote:
> [...]
> disgusting OTB parlors they run so that in addition to the hundreds of
> middle aged divorced imbeciles in stained Ranger jerseys screaming at the
> giant screen there's now the constant roar of some chowder head with a
> degree in marketing from Hudson Valley Community College explaining why 3-1
> is a good price on a Leah Gyarmati second time starter out of a Gone West
> mare second time Lasix blinkers off turf to dirt two pounds over jockey
> switch to Rudy Rodriegez front wraps on pedigree play. So if you want to
> play you have to listen. Lately, I just don't play. Fortunately for them
> though they run a government funded monopoly, so no matter how incompetent
> they are they get regular raises every year and two weeks vacation paid.
> America is a great country for the stupid. Little wonder it's the
> destination of choice for so many canadians.
Just a suggestion. Maybe you are OVER handicapping? Old saying from
days gone by, "Think long, think wrong!" I go on about 60-70% instinct.
I leave all of those little details to the trainer.

19 Dec 2006 18:47:04

wolfagain wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> No studio hosts, just live feeds and the only voices are the track
>> announcer.
>> No inane chatter.
>> No showing us the crews P4 tickets without telling us why they made
>> those picks.
>> No showing up the odds on race 19 minutes away while missing a live race.
>> Maybe the idea will spread to TVG.
> The absolute last thing I need is to listen to pre-race Chatter or
> what I call Blather! I'd turn the sound OFF if it was me.

I keep the sound off until they are at the gate. If they miss a race
I just watch and listen via youbet.
By the way, every so often a friend will call me from the track
asking for the exacta or DD probables
which you get easier and faster at home than at the track.
Typical format when watching a simulcast at the track"
I want the 4-10 DD probable.
The screen is up to 5& followed by WPS,6& etc. each sequence lasting
30 seconds. They get up to 3& and the go full screen for the post parade.
HOL has decided that, when a race ends, we would rather see the
winners circle and the winning jock and horse walking away before
showing prices. Then they spend 10 minutes showing replays before we get
the will pays.

19 Dec 2006 18:48:29

nundoc wrote:

> The problem is that you turn it off you risk missing pertinent information:
> late scratches, shoe changes, etc.

That is why I get the info online.

> The local OTB here recently started a show called "Prime Time Live." For
> four hours every day mulletheads who otherwise work in the network's
> marketing department become alleged professional handicappers and make
> selections for all the races at the three or four tracks the network
> features daily. Combined they have the knowledge, charisma and telegenics of
> a sea cucumber. They jibber jabber inanely about why they like a particular
> horse's pedigree or pace number or whatever the hell else, mention three or
> four other horses, and then afterwards crow about hitting the reverse exacta
> or triple box or whatever combination they can parley their selections into;
> or whinge about how their top selection got blocked in the stretch if it ran
> last instead of third. One of the handicappers once selected a 5-2 horse as
> her top selection; she said not to worry about the fact that it was running
> first time aluminum pad on because the pad wasn't likely to fly off. That's
> right, 5-2 was a good price because the shoe wasn't likely to fly off. I
> wrote the network suggesting that the shoe flying off might actually aid the
> horse because if it struck another horse in the head that horse might get
> amnesia and forget that it was supposed to win the race, but they never
> answered. They also play the feed over the loudspeakers at the filthy
> disgusting OTB parlors they run so that in addition to the hundreds of
> middle aged divorced imbeciles in stained Ranger jerseys screaming at the
> giant screen there's now the constant roar of some chowder head with a
> degree in marketing from Hudson Valley Community College explaining why 3-1
> is a good price on a Leah Gyarmati second time starter out of a Gone West
> mare second time Lasix blinkers off turf to dirt two pounds over jockey
> switch to Rudy Rodriegez front wraps on pedigree play. So if you want to
> play you have to listen. Lately, I just don't play. Fortunately for them
> though they run a government funded monopoly, so no matter how incompetent
> they are they get regular raises every year and two weeks vacation paid.
> America is a great country for the stupid. Little wonder it's the
> destination of choice for so many canadians.

19 Dec 2006 19:42:38

[email protected] wrote:
> wolfagain wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> No studio hosts, just live feeds and the only voices are the track
>>> announcer.
>>> No inane chatter.
>>> No showing us the crews P4 tickets without telling us why they made
>>> those picks.
>>> No showing up the odds on race 19 minutes away while missing a
>>> live race.
>>> Maybe the idea will spread to TVG.
>> The absolute last thing I need is to listen to pre-race Chatter or
>> what I call Blather! I'd turn the sound OFF if it was me.
>>
> I keep the sound off until they are at the gate. If they miss a race I
> just watch and listen via youbet.
> By the way, every so often a friend will call me from the track
> asking for the exacta or DD probables
> which you get easier and faster at home than at the track.
> Typical format when watching a simulcast at the track"
> I want the 4-10 DD probable.
> The screen is up to 5& followed by WPS,6& etc. each sequence lasting
> 30 seconds. They get up to 3& and the go full screen for the post parade.
> HOL has decided that, when a race ends, we would rather see the
> winners circle and the winning jock and horse walking away before
> showing prices. Then they spend 10 minutes showing replays before we get
> the will pays.

P.S. I forgot to note that the on line account services provide you
with grid charts.On youbet just click "exotics" and the type of wager
and you see all the combinations. Same foe will pays going into the last
legs.

20 Dec 2006 07:54:25
foadOC
> [...]

>> degree in marketing from Hudson Valley Community College explaining why
>> 3-1
>> is a good price on a Leah Gyarmati second time starter out of a Gone West
>> mare second time Lasix blinkers off turf to dirt two pounds over jockey
>> switch to Rudy Rodriegez front wraps on pedigree play. So if you want to
>> play you have to listen. Lately, I just don't play. Fortunately for them
>> though they run a government funded monopoly, so no matter how
>> incompetent
>> they are they get regular raises every year and two weeks vacation paid.
>> America is a great country for the stupid. Little wonder it's the
>> destination of choice for so many canadians.

> Just a suggestion. Maybe you are OVER handicapping? Old saying from
> days gone by, "Think long, think wrong!" I go on about 60-70% instinct.
> I leave all of those little details to the trainer.

Interesting. Which handicapping details that I mentioned using in the above
paragraph do you figure I'm overthinking?

20 Dec 2006 07:54:49
foadOC
Re: Great programming on HRTV Today

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> nundoc wrote:
>>
>> The problem is that you turn it off you risk missing pertinent
>> information: late scratches, shoe changes, etc.
>

> That is why I get the info online.

Interesting. Where so you find shoe information on line?