30 Apr 2006 08:42:47
jc
It's Derby Week - are you ready?

X-No-Archive:yes

Nothing says Spring like Derby Week - hope everyone is ready for the
first race of the Triple Crown. Sam, are you going to run the 'throw
out' again?

30 Apr 2006 13:59:18
ellis_jay
Re: It's Derby Week - are you ready?

jc wrote:
> X-No-Archive:yes
>
> Nothing says Spring like Derby Week - hope everyone is ready for the
> first race of the Triple Crown. Sam, are you going to run the 'throw
> out' again?

SHe has been AWOL

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

01 May 2006 08:27:39
Lescor
Re: It's Derby Week - are you ready?

"jc" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> X-No-Archive:yes
>
> Nothing says Spring like Derby Week - hope everyone is ready for the
> first race of the Triple Crown. Sam, are you going to run the 'throw
> out' again?

I hate to be pedantic old chap. but "The Derby" takes place early in June
at Epsom over 12F of hills and valleys, twists and turns. -))

To avoid confusion it is best to prefix other races which,although
untypical,
like to use the Derby title, with the appropriate word, like French, Irish,
German, Kentucky or greyhound.

LC

01 May 2006 04:38:57
Ocala Mike
Re: It's Derby Week - are you ready?

Sorry, LC, but your's is the "Darby". In the colonies, one needn't
prefix
"Derby" with a modifier at this time of year to be clearly understood.

Ocala Mike

01 May 2006 21:11:39
Danzig

jc wrote:
> X-No-Archive:yes
>
> Nothing says Spring like Derby Week - hope everyone is ready for the
> first race of the Triple Crown. Sam, are you going to run the 'throw
> out' again?

it's still too early. One cannot evaluate the interactions of a race
until one knows what factors are going to be in the contest. Thursday
maybe, not before.

Tim Yatcak

02 May 2006 06:21:37
Lescor
Re: It's Derby Week - are you ready?

"Ocala Mike" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Sorry, LC, but your's is the "Darby". In the colonies, one needn't
> prefix
> "Derby" with a modifier at this time of year to be clearly understood.
>

> Ocala Mike

You're correct of course...............Darby it is.

LC

02 May 2006 12:55:48
G-Man
Re: It's Derby Week - are you ready?

"Lescor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Ocala Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Sorry, LC, but your's is the "Darby". In the colonies, one needn't
>> prefix
>> "Derby" with a modifier at this time of year to be clearly understood.
>>

>> Ocala Mike
>

> You're correct of course...............Darby it is.
>
> LC

Unfortunately the written word doesn't distinguish this.
I reckon the KY Jelly Derby rolls off the tongue and would be a great
sponsorship deal.

Cheers,
G-Man

02 May 2006 15:09:04
spOOkie
Re: It's Derby Week - are you ready?

> Unfortunately the written word doesn't distinguish this.
> I reckon the KY Jelly Derby rolls off the tongue and would be a great
> sponsorship deal.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man

LOL

02 May 2006 19:49:49

Lescor wrote:
> "jc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> X-No-Archive:yes
>>
>> Nothing says Spring like Derby Week - hope everyone is ready for the
>> first race of the Triple Crown. Sam, are you going to run the 'throw
>> out' again?
>

> I hate to be pedantic old chap. but "The Derby" takes place early in
> June at Epsom over 12F of hills and valleys, twists and turns. -))
>
> To avoid confusion it is best to prefix other races which,although
> untypical,
> like to use the Derby title, with the appropriate word, like French,
> Irish, German, Kentucky or greyhound.
>
> LC

CAn you say TRIPLE CROWN RACE Lescor, old chap!

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

02 May 2006 19:52:26

Danzig wrote:
> jc wrote:
>> X-No-Archive:yes
>>
>> Nothing says Spring like Derby Week - hope everyone is ready for the
>> first race of the Triple Crown. Sam, are you going to run the 'throw
>> out' again?
>>
> it's still too early. One cannot evaluate the interactions of a race
> until one knows what factors are going to be in the contest. Thursday
> maybe, not before.
>
> Tim Yatcak

Tut Tut , old boy! One cannot, indeed!!

(longsot twistss'z hiz handlebar and harrumphs-as he is a Dapper Dan man)

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

03 May 2006 09:29:02
G-Man
Re: It's Derby Week - are you ready?

"ellis_jay" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Lescor wrote:
>> "jc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> X-No-Archive:yes
>>>
>>> Nothing says Spring like Derby Week - hope everyone is ready for the
>>> first race of the Triple Crown. Sam, are you going to run the 'throw
>>> out' again?
>>

>> I hate to be pedantic old chap. but "The Derby" takes place early in
>> June at Epsom over 12F of hills and valleys, twists and turns. -))
>>
>> To avoid confusion it is best to prefix other races which,although
>> untypical,
>> like to use the Derby title, with the appropriate word, like French,
>> Irish, German, Kentucky or greyhound.
>>
>> LC
>
> CAn you say TRIPLE CROWN RACE Lescor, old chap!

Oh yes - that would be The Guineas, THE Derby and The St. Leger old boy.

Cheers,
G-Man