26 Dec 2006 20:19:58
Warrior steve
Jockeys ate too much on Christmas Day!

I was just betting Mountaineer Park online and laughed out loud when I
noticed the scratches and changes where a lot of the jocks are 4, 5 or 6
pounds overweight. They must have eaten good on the east coast over the
weekend!

27 Dec 2006 07:07:40
wolfagain
Re: Jockeys ate too much on Christmas Day!

Warrior steve wrote:
> I was just betting Mountaineer Park online and laughed out loud when I
> noticed the scratches and changes where a lot of the jocks are 4, 5 or 6
> pounds overweight. They must have eaten good on the east coast over the
> weekend!
You know your jock might be a tad heavy if he needs two trainers to
give him a leg up on his mount!

28 Dec 2006 15:24:55
Hartack
Re: Jockeys ate too much on Christmas Day!

That breaks me up! I always thought that most jocks were under the
standard 126 lbs., and that weights were added to the saddle to meet
that weight ...

Maybe these jocks exceed 126??? From the ones I've seen up close, they
don't look near that.

Warrior steve wrote:
> I was just betting Mountaineer Park online and laughed out loud when I
> noticed the scratches and changes where a lot of the jocks are 4, 5 or 6
> pounds overweight. They must have eaten good on the east coast over the
> weekend!

28 Dec 2006 20:42:23

Hartack wrote:
> That breaks me up! I always thought that most jocks were under the
> standard 126 lbs., and that weights were added to the saddle to meet
> that weight ...
>
> Maybe these jocks exceed 126??? From the ones I've seen up close, they
> don't look near that.
>

> Warrior steve wrote:
> > I was just betting Mountaineer Park online and laughed out loud when I
> > noticed the scratches and changes where a lot of the jocks are 4, 5 or 6
> > pounds overweight. They must have eaten good on the east coast over the
> > weekend!
Most jocks start riding when they are 15-16 and weigh about 110. But
when they are Men it really is tuff to keep the weight off. Jerry
Bailey said upon his retirement when asked what was he going to do now
that he didn't have to worry about his weight again, "I've already told
my wife to fix me a big meal of fried chicken!"

29 Dec 2006 17:51:22
Hartack
Re: Jockeys ate too much on Christmas Day!

Hell, he won't be obese or suffer from diabetes, like many of the rest
of us..