20 Apr 2006 18:26:24
G-Man
Keeneland

Interesting to note that yesterday Keeneland's directors voted unanimously
to replace the dirt track with Polytrack, and it will be ready by September.
That's the third track to convert to Polytrack and, as safety is paramount
in racing, these decisions can only be for the good of the horses.

Cheers,
G-Man

20 Apr 2006 18:30:17
G-Man
Re: Keeneland

"G-Man" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Interesting to note that yesterday Keeneland's directors voted unanimously
> to replace the dirt track with Polytrack, and it will be ready by
> September. That's the third track to convert to Polytrack and, as safety
> is paramount in racing, these decisions can only be for the good of the
> horses.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man

I've just found this link

http://www.drf.com/news/article/73745.html

Cheers,
G-Man

20 Apr 2006 13:22:41
mmcc
Re: Keeneland

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:26:24 +0100, "G-Man" <[email protected] >
wrote:

>Interesting to note that yesterday Keeneland's directors voted unanimously
>to replace the dirt track with Polytrack, and it will be ready by September.
>That's the third track to convert to Polytrack and, as safety is paramount
>in racing, these decisions can only be for the good of the horses.

The one complaint the comes up in regard to Polytrack at Turfway is
respiratory problems, in both horses and jockeys, from the dust.
Have there been similar complaints at places like Lingfield etc? I
wonder if the climate might be a factor.

The number of breakdowns at this year's meet at Turfway is down, so
that's encouraging.

20 Apr 2006 20:13:58
G-Man
Re: Keeneland

"mmcc" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:26:24 +0100, "G-Man" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Interesting to note that yesterday Keeneland's directors voted unanimously
>>to replace the dirt track with Polytrack, and it will be ready by
>>September.
>>That's the third track to convert to Polytrack and, as safety is paramount
>>in racing, these decisions can only be for the good of the horses.
>
> The one complaint the comes up in regard to Polytrack at Turfway is
> respiratory problems, in both horses and jockeys, from the dust.
> Have there been similar complaints at places like Lingfield etc?

None as far as I know. The one big advantage of Polytrack is that that the
whole track can be harrowed in around one hour to change it anywhere from
soft to firm going. At Lingfield there is hardly any kickback, so I would
suggest that a little more experimentation might be useful.

>I wonder if the climate might be a factor.
>
> The number of breakdowns at this year's meet at Turfway is down, so
> that's encouraging.

The reduction in deaths (24 down to 3) is incredible, so hopefully it
continues that way.

Cheers,
G-Man