29 Nov 2006 17:26:55
G-Man
Keiren

Keiren has just been banned from riding in France for 6 months for taking a
prohibited substance.
This shouldn't affect him too much as he will still be available to ride in
all the French Classics.

Cheers,
G-Man

29 Nov 2006 23:31:01
Danzig
Re: Keiren

G-Man wrote:
> Keiren has just been banned from riding in France for 6 months for
> taking a prohibited substance.
> This shouldn't affect him too much as he will still be available to ride
> in all the French Classics.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man
yet another black mark. Is this guy the EURO equivalent of P Val?

30 Nov 2006 10:13:16
G-Man
Re: Keiren

"Danzig" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> G-Man wrote:
>> Keiren has just been banned from riding in France for 6 months for taking
>> a prohibited substance.
>> This shouldn't affect him too much as he will still be available to ride
>> in all the French Classics.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> G-Man
> yet another black mark. Is this guy the EURO equivalent of P Val?

No - Keiren is a far superior jockey.

Cheers,
G-Man

30 Nov 2006 10:38:01
lescor
Re: Keiren

G-Man wrote:
> Keiren has just been banned from riding in France for 6 months for
> taking a prohibited substance.
> This shouldn't affect him too much as he will still be available to ride
> in all the French Classics.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man

I think the ban is likely to be global and run until June 07 and will
probably result in him losing his retainer fees?

Les

30 Nov 2006 05:47:52
Jimbo
Re: Keiren

"G-Man" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> G-Man wrote:
>>> Keiren has just been banned from riding in France for 6 months for
>>> taking a prohibited substance.
>>> This shouldn't affect him too much as he will still be available to ride
>>> in all the French Classics.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> G-Man
>> yet another black mark. Is this guy the EURO equivalent of P Val?
>
> No - Keiren is a far superior jockey.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man

I don't think so......but we all have opinions

30 Nov 2006 10:50:54
G-Man
Re: Keiren

"lescor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> G-Man wrote:
>> Keiren has just been banned from riding in France for 6 months for taking
>> a prohibited substance.
>> This shouldn't affect him too much as he will still be available to ride
>> in all the French Classics.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> G-Man
>
> I think the ban is likely to be global and run until June 07 and will
> probably result in him losing his retainer fees?
>
> Les

Hi Les,
Yes it now looks like it. I posted immediately after an interview RUK had
with a lady from France-Galop. All she knew was that the ban would end
before the French Guineas.
I have a feeling Keiren may retire pretty soon.

Cheers,
G-Man

30 Nov 2006 11:02:28
G-Man
Re: Keiren

"Jimbo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "G-Man" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

>>> yet another black mark. Is this guy the EURO equivalent of P Val?
>>
>> No - Keiren is a far superior jockey.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> G-Man
>
> I don't think so......but we all have opinions

Very true and we are all entitled to them. However, I really think Keiren is
in a higher class than P Val. IMHO Jerry Bailey was the best I have seen
since Lester.

Cheers,
G-Man

30 Nov 2006 11:04:44
lescor
Re: Keiren

G-Man wrote:

> "lescor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>> G-Man wrote:
>>
>>> Keiren has just been banned from riding in France for 6 months for
>>> taking a prohibited substance.
>>> This shouldn't affect him too much as he will still be available to
>>> ride in all the French Classics.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> G-Man
>>

>> I think the ban is likely to be global and run until June 07 and will
>> probably result in him losing his retainer fees?
>>
>> Les
>

> Hi Les,
> Yes it now looks like it. I posted immediately after an interview RUK
> had with a lady from France-Galop. All she knew was that the ban would
> end before the French Guineas.
> I have a feeling Keiren may retire pretty soon.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man

It's a crazy world G-Man. A millionaire with a Piggot like talent...what
a silly way to bow out.

Les

30 Nov 2006 11:08:51
G-Man
Re: Keiren

"lescor" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> G-Man wrote:
>>
>> "lescor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

>>> I think the ban is likely to be global and run until June 07 and will
>>> probably result in him losing his retainer fees?
>>>
>>> Les
>>

>> Hi Les,
>> Yes it now looks like it. I posted immediately after an interview RUK had
>> with a lady from France-Galop. All she knew was that the ban would end
>> before the French Guineas.
>> I have a feeling Keiren may retire pretty soon.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> G-Man
>
> It's a crazy world G-Man. A millionaire with a Piggot like talent...what a
> silly way to bow out.
>
> Les

Very true, Les. If he does retire it could get really interesting if he wins
his court case - there would have to be a huge compensation fee.

Cheers,
G-Man

30 Nov 2006 16:33:30
Danzig
Re: Keiren the troubled one

G-Man wrote:

> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> G-Man wrote:
>>> Keiren has just been banned from riding in France for 6 months for
>>> taking a prohibited substance.
>>> This shouldn't affect him too much as he will still be available to
>>> ride in all the French Classics.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> G-Man
>> yet another black mark. Is this guy the EURO equivalent of P Val?
>
> No - Keiren is a far superior jockey.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man
gets into the same amount of trouble

30 Nov 2006 16:34:16
Danzig
Re: Keiren

G-Man wrote:

> "Jimbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> "G-Man" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>>
>>> "Danzig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>>> No - Keiren is a far superior jockey.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> G-Man
>>
>> I don't think so......but we all have opinions
>
> Very true and we are all entitled to them. However, I really think
> Keiren is in a higher class than P Val. IMHO Jerry Bailey was the best I
> have seen since Lester.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man

Laffit has to be consider, but then that was before your time wasn't it??