03 Sep 2005 05:03:12
kojim
Key Horse Picks: Saturday September 3 2005

Good morning, everyone --

I have six picks today in four races today, Saturday September 3 2005,
all at Saratoga. To see them all, just register at:

http://www.key-horse.com/ccbill/index.htm

My free pick for today is in the feature race -- the 10th. It's the
Forgo Stakes, a Grade I race with a $250,000 purse.

Also: Saratoga now has a live audio feed:

http://207.232.119.242/nyra/audio/player.html

My Free Picks for today:

Saratoga 10th Race 5:54pm US Eastern Time

Silver Wagon #1 (ML 5-1) This Grade 1 Forgo Stakes race is between
Silver Wagon and Todd Pletcher's Forest Danger. Although Pletcher and
his jockey J.R. Velazquez seem to win every feature race, I'm choosing
Silver Wagon to prevail today. Silver Wagon comes off a 4-month
freshener and has been working steady for this race. His final workout
Aug 28 was a bullet gate breeze over 5 furlongs at :594.

In Silver Wagon's last race, he ran second to Ghostzapper in the
Metropolis Mile. At today's 7 furlongs, Silver Wagon has two wins, both
here at Saratoga.

Forest Danger #2 (ML 9-5) will be Silver Wagon's main threat. She'll
have blinkers today after finishing fifth in the Met Mile behind Silver
Wagon and Ghostzapper. Maybe that last race was just a bad outing, a
fluke. In seven lifetime starts, Forest Danger has won five races with
one seond. Her only sub-par race was the Met Mile.

She has been working great, recording a bullet work Aug 22, 5 furlongs
at :59 flat (1/65).

Keep The Faith #6 is not a Key Horse pick but I believe he'll round
out the Trifecta. He's the new kid on the block. He made a good showing
in his US debut July 24, winning a 6-furlong event that he ran in
1:064, a North American record. The Sarataoga record at 6 furlongs is
1:08, posted in 1972 by Spanish Riddle. Keep the Faith cost $1.2
million and has been working well for this race. On Aug 18, he had a
5-furlong work at 581 handily (1/36). The one question we have to ask:
can Keep the Faith run on the dirt as fast as he did on the turf? His
record-smashing time of 1:064 was recorded July 25 at Belmont on the
turf with J.R. Velazquez in the irons.

Best of luck today and always to everyone. To your Wealth!

-- KO Jim

Suggestions? Ideas? We want to hear about them. Email us:

feedback : key-horse : com

03 Sep 2005 13:03:18
fundoc
Re: Key Horse Picks: Saturday September 3 2005

"kojim" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Silver Wagon #1 (ML 5-1) This Grade 1 Forgo Stakes race is between
> Silver Wagon and Todd Pletcher's Forest Danger.

Wow, small field for a G1.