22 Apr 2006 04:21:09
Melbourne Cup vs Kentucky Derby

which is a better horse race, Melbourne Cup or Kentucky Derby?

22 Apr 2006 15:46:27
G-Man
Re: Melbourne Cup vs Kentucky Derby

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> which is a better horse race, Melbourne Cup or Kentucky Derby?

What is your opinion?

Cheers,
G-Man

22 Apr 2006 10:13:45
MMcC

On 22 Apr 2006 04:21:09 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>which is a better horse race, Melbourne Cup or Kentucky Derby?

Apples and Oranges.
KD is for three year olds over 1m2f at equal weights.
MC is all age over 2m and is a handicap.

Not to mention the difference in surface. Kinda hard to compare them
really.

Both great races though.

22 Apr 2006 18:49:16
Danzig

[email protected] wrote:
> which is a better horse race, Melbourne Cup or Kentucky Derby?

my favorite races are the ones that PAY me no matter if they
are a Tuesday afternoon maiden or one of these classics, which by
the way are apples an oranges. Can't be compared as one is a three year
old dirt classic and the other is a turf marathon for mature runners.

22 Apr 2006 22:47:29

G-Man wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > which is a better horse race, Melbourne Cup or Kentucky Derby?
> >

> What is your opinion?
>

> Cheers,
> G-Man

Each has its own attraction, and excitment. I asked as it is always a
fun way of discussion.

cheers,

23 Apr 2006 11:13:12
G-Man
Re: Melbourne Cup vs Kentucky Derby

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> G-Man wrote:
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > which is a better horse race, Melbourne Cup or Kentucky Derby?
>> >

>> What is your opinion?
>>

>> Cheers,
>> G-Man
>
> Each has its own attraction, and excitment. I asked as it is always a
> fun way of discussion.
>
> cheers,

Yes it sure is. The Melbourne Cup is miles better as a spectacle.

Cheers,
G-Man