27 Sep 2005 20:26:15
mge
Philadelphia Park 10th

I played the #9, the last flash in my Brisbet before turning to the live
video was 16-1 down from 19-1, while watching the race it dropped to 8-1,
won for fun, yes, I had the exacta but my win bet was severely cramped,
unhappy camper!

20 Oct 2005 01:29:46
olrailbird
Re: Philadelphia Park 10th

mge wrote:
> I played the #9, the last flash in my Brisbet before turning to the
> live video was 16-1 down from 19-1, while watching the race it
> dropped to 8-1, won for fun, yes, I had the exacta but my win bet was
> severely cramped, unhappy camper!

It happens -- though usually the odds float up for longshots.

People wait till the last moment to place bets, trying to know what
the odds will be. As the network catches up (during the race) the
odds change. This is going to happen more and more often.

Eventually, we aren't going to have a clue as to what our odds are
in a pari-mutuel system hosted online. We'll all have 'bots waiting
till the last second to place a bet at 7/2 -- if the bet gets placed
at all, we'll drop to 4/5 around the second turn.

Bring back the bookies!

Racing is going to have to make some changes to stay competitive
in the information age.

--
Good Luck,
olrailbird