25 Feb 2004 17:32:27
Bob M
Smart Betting--money management

Ok here are my smart betting tips...Please give me yours.

I always bet more when I win than when I lose.
I often put more money to place than win
I box in an exacta with the favorite.
I avoid betting horses under even money.

These are basic. The first is easy if I bet 20 in race 1 and it wins I bet
18 next race so even if every horse thereafter loses the losses will average
18 and winners more. If a second horse wins then the two horses had an
average bet of 19 for winners 18 for losers. The next two go together. If
you bet to win and place you have more of a shot to make money just by
finishing second. And if the favorite wins or places the place payout will
be lower so you get the exacta money. If yours places and the favorite comes
out of the money who cares about the exacta when the place payout will be a
lot better. Horses under even money drive me crazy. Often when there is a
1-5 I will find a cold beer and start handicapping the next race. I will
say betting exotics with a horse like this is madness. Because more than
likely he will come in and the payoffs are so low it is not worth it.
Especially in a short field. Tell me yours and let me know if you
incorporate some of the same strategies as I do. This is not handicapping
but money management. Of course it goes without saying to keep track of all
your betting and see what your chances of winning based on distance and
turf. When I first starting tracking my own statistics I learned I was
better at betting sprints than routes while all along routes where preferred
by me. BOB

28 Feb 2004 22:48:33
Bob M
Re: Smart Betting--money management

I cant believe nobody has responded to this post. This is the essance of
horse gambling. Have you no pulse. Or are you guys like all the guys I see
at the otb betting hunches whoever hoping for a good day at the races. You
can't sit there and hope for a good day at the races you have to learn the
intricacies of the sport. Hello is there anybody out there????
"Bob M" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:L_4%[email protected]
> Ok here are my smart betting tips...Please give me yours.
>
> I always bet more when I win than when I lose.
> I often put more money to place than win
> I box in an exacta with the favorite.
> I avoid betting horses under even money.
>
> These are basic. The first is easy if I bet 20 in race 1 and it wins I
bet
> 18 next race so even if every horse thereafter loses the losses will
average
> 18 and winners more. If a second horse wins then the two horses had an
> average bet of 19 for winners 18 for losers. The next two go together.
If
> you bet to win and place you have more of a shot to make money just by
> finishing second. And if the favorite wins or places the place payout
will
> be lower so you get the exacta money. If yours places and the favorite
comes
> out of the money who cares about the exacta when the place payout will be
> lot better. Horses under even money drive me crazy. Often when there is
> 1-5 I will find a cold beer and start handicapping the next race. I will
> say betting exotics with a horse like this is madness. Because more than
> likely he will come in and the payoffs are so low it is not worth it.
> Especially in a short field. Tell me yours and let me know if you
> incorporate some of the same strategies as I do. This is not handicapping
> but money management. Of course it goes without saying to keep track of
all
> your betting and see what your chances of winning based on distance and
> turf. When I first starting tracking my own statistics I learned I was
> better at betting sprints than routes while all along routes where
preferred
> by me. BOB

28 Feb 2004 19:18:30
dlg

Bob M wrote:
> Ok here are my smart betting tips...Please give me yours.
>
> I always bet more when I win than when I lose.
> I often put more money to place than win
> I box in an exacta with the favorite.
> I avoid betting horses under even money.
>
> These are basic. The first is easy if I bet 20 in race 1 and it wins I bet
> 18 next race so even if every horse thereafter loses the losses will average
> 18 and winners more. If a second horse wins then the two horses had an
> average bet of 19 for winners 18 for losers. The next two go together. If
> you bet to win and place you have more of a shot to make money just by
> finishing second. And if the favorite wins or places the place payout will
> be lower so you get the exacta money. If yours places and the favorite comes
> out of the money who cares about the exacta when the place payout will be a
> lot better. Horses under even money drive me crazy. Often when there is a
> 1-5 I will find a cold beer and start handicapping the next race. I will
> say betting exotics with a horse like this is madness. Because more than
> likely he will come in and the payoffs are so low it is not worth it.
> Especially in a short field. Tell me yours and let me know if you
> incorporate some of the same strategies as I do. This is not handicapping
> but money management. Of course it goes without saying to keep track of all
> your betting and see what your chances of winning based on distance and
> turf. When I first starting tracking my own statistics I learned I was
> better at betting sprints than routes while all along routes where preferred
> by me. BOB

Nothing profound here--