29 Feb 2004 21:53:40
www.DrHuang.com
Strategy 2: Set a Limit

Look after your bank. Don't be greedy. Set a goal for every day, both up and
down. Decide on a limit for betting each day, it could be 5% or 10% of your
bank. Stick to this betting limit. As your bank increases, so does the
amount you bet each day. When you suffer a loss, using this percentage
method you will reduce the amount you bet. Say, set 10% of your bank account
balance on this morning aside for play today, which is your bottom line to
lose. E.g. if your bank balance on this morning is $1000, you set $100 aside
for play today. Every time you bet $10. If you win $400 today, your bank
account balance is $1400, so you can set $140 aside for play next day.
Trying to cover your losses with low dividend races will always put pressure
on your bank and you'd end up spending far more than the target you are
chasing.

If you cannot afford to bet the right way on a particular race, then don't
bet at all. Wait for the races that have the value, then have your bet. If
you are wrong, you don't run out of funds before you get a winner.

www.AustraliaHorseRacing.com

29 Feb 2004 14:25:02
Bob M
Re: Strategy 2: Set a Limit

That is kind of dumb actually. If you reduce how much you bet after you
lost you will have gone in a cycle that has you betting more when you lose
and less when you win. People are better off increasing thier bets by a
couple of dollars so when they win they will have a higher win bet at all
times. Lets say you like to bet 20 bucks a race so first race you lose 20
bucks second race I am betting 25 bucks if I lose again I bet 25 bucks in
the third and keep with 25 for awhile so lets say I finally win in the 4th
race so 1st 20 2nd 25 3rd 25 then 4th 25 and there I win.So my average
losing bets for the day are $23.33 my winning bets average 25. If you start
losing and then you lower your wager your winners will do the opposite they
will average less. So you will, using this money management "tip", bet more
money on losers. This is unsound strategy. This goes to show you people
you can't become a winner by buying a system or whatever. If they really
did have a winning system they would be too busy at the track to write a
book. BOB
news:[email protected]