23 Feb 2004 14:25:44
wolf again
Taking another look at maiden races.

The game is changing. Players might have to change too. Got lucky
yesterday at Oaklawn in 5th race: Buddie Gum paid $18.80. If you want
to win races avoid maiden races. The only reason I'm starting to bet
md. is to make money. Most md. races have full fields. It's kind of
wide open. I'm paying more attention to breeding in these races.
Buddie Gum was making his second start; a big plus. He was dropping
from 20k to15k a small plus. He was running against 3 yrs. only after
a 3 and Up Race. Big plus. He was by Phone Trick out of an Olympia
mare. Running 6f. Several of his competitors were bred with obscure
studs with 1k or 1.5k fees. Phone Trick gets 12.5k fee. When you add
it all up the horse had about 5-6 PLUSES. 8-1 is about right for a
non-winner. Then again you will still need a little luck. Wolfagain.

23 Feb 2004 23:07:14
Chokenjoker
Re: Taking another look at maiden races.

>ubject: Taking another look at maiden races.
>From: [email protected] (wolf again)
>Date: 2/23/04 4:25 PM Central
please ...
post your selections ..uh
prior to the race ...

24 Feb 2004 03:08:02
Danzig

wolf again wrote:
> The game is changing. Players might have to change too. Got lucky
> yesterday at Oaklawn in 5th race: Buddie Gum paid $18.80.

Often (unless the morning line predicts it) first time starters are a
toss and are a source of running up your odds on those others in there
with expereince (unless they are "chronics").

THREE words for maidens: Improving Early Speed.

Tim Yatcak

24 Feb 2004 05:22:14
wolf again

[email protected] (Chokenjoker) wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...
> >ubject: Taking another look at maiden races.
> >From: [email protected] (wolf again)
> >Date: 2/23/04 4:25 PM Central
> please ...
> post your selections ..uh
> prior to the race ...

I will try to today as it's several hours to post time. BE warned
I'm over due for a long losing streak. I have done so in the past.
This game has humbled me more times than I care to remember. Oaklawn
has been VERY good to me so far.