29 Dec 2005 13:41:19
youdee24
Trip to the Meadowlands - Tips/Advice?

I'm traveling from Delaware to Meadowlands tomorrow night for some
racing action. This will be my first trip to the Mecca of Harness
Tracks.

Anyone have any tips of what I should do while I am there? Any travel
tips or what roads to exactly take once I get off exit 16W of the NJ
turnpike? Is it all as easy as it looks, NJ turnpike to exit 16W, take
the road for sports complex and take a couple of side roads?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

youdee24

29 Dec 2005 20:01:35
Steve L
Re: Trip to the Meadowlands - Tips/Advice?

> I'm traveling from Delaware to Meadowlands tomorrow night for some
> racing action. This will be my first trip to the Mecca of Harness
> Tracks.
>
> Anyone have any tips of what I should do while I am there? Any travel
> tips or what roads to exactly take once I get off exit 16W of the NJ
> turnpike? Is it all as easy as it looks, NJ turnpike to exit 16W, take
> the road for sports complex and take a couple of side roads?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
>
> youdee24

It's very easy. When you get off at exit 16w, just follow the signs for the
sports complex. You will see the sky lighting up in the general area from
all the track lighting. Pay your toll (of course, this is NJ) ,stay to the
left and go over the top of Rt3 and stay left and drive around the service
road behind Giants Stadium. Just follow all the other cars and signs, very
easy. Valet park if you get there after 7:00pm since the spaces fill up
nearby -it will save some walking especially if it's cold (you can also
self-park if you want if you get there early). Go to the race theater (it's
non-smoking only) on the track level and sit down at your own desk and TV,
or go outside and watch the races live. There are several snack bars on the
track level as well as upstairs in the clubhouse and grandstands levels.
Enjoy.

Steve

29 Dec 2005 18:57:06
youdee24
Re: Trip to the Meadowlands - Tips/Advice?

Steve,

Thanks for the tips! Is it just as easy to get back onto the NJ
turnpike to go south afterward? Going the same way I came in, just
reversed?

29 Dec 2005 22:31:04
Steve L
Re: Trip to the Meadowlands - Tips/Advice?

"youdee24" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Steve,
>
> Thanks for the tips! Is it just as easy to get back onto the NJ
> turnpike to go south afterward? Going the same way I came in, just
> reversed?

Yes, go the same way out as you came in; back over RT3 and to the toll
booth.