26 Dec 2006 22:40:23
Ben Jarvie
Where can i receive live horse racing data

Hi there,

I was recently talking to a friend who had purchased a horse racing
systems/software.

The software simply queried the live racing data and spotted sudden influx's
of bets made at the last second put on a horse.

eg: 120 sec before race there would be x amount say $200, 90 sec $250, 60
sec $300, 20 sec $320, then in the last 30 second block that might fly up to
$4000

I'm only using the is a example but in this case the last block of time
being 4000 would have raised a red flag as to there being a high probability
of someone being in the no.

This software was purchased for nearly 6 thousand Australian. :) silly
bugger......

Has anyone else found this system to be successful ?

If so id be more than happy to grab this live data and have it analysed and
pumped to a dynamic page for us all to use......

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Wish you all the best over the festive season......

ben ....

09 Jan 2007 20:22:08
Uber_Micro
Re: Where can i receive live horse racing data

"Ben Jarvie" <[email protected] > writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I was recently talking to a friend who had purchased a horse racing
> systems/software.
>
> The software simply queried the live racing data and spotted sudden
> influx's of bets made at the last second put on a horse.
>
> eg: 120 sec before race there would be x amount say $200, 90 sec
> $250, 60 sec $300, 20 sec $320, then in the last 30 second block
> that might fly up to $4000
>
> I'm only using the is a example but in this case the last block of
> time being 4000 would have raised a red flag as to there being a
> high probability of someone being in the no.

s/no/know/

Have you or anyone else actually tested this claim? That extreme
changes in varience are indicators of extra information?

Here is the info in terms of finacial markets, the ARCH/GARCH models
are the same for pools.

WARNING: Lots of Math!
http://www.fenews.com/fen22/garch.html

> This software was purchased for nearly 6 thousand Australian. :)
> silly bugger......

LOL, i remeber doing this as homework, i didn't get 6000AUD. :( Not
real time, but just going through the steps on data i already had, to
script it would so that it did it in real time would be trivial.

> Has anyone else found this system to be successful ?

Godel's second theorm implies, if you don't show your assumptions in
statistics then you have shown nothing. Basically you can only prove
so much as you assume.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del's_incompleteness_theorem

> If so id be more than happy to grab this live data and have it
> analysed and pumped to a dynamic page for us all to use......

I would love that, you find the data, i bring the code. I will even do
something more interesting then the GARCH model, using adaptive
systems. Free of charge.

--

3.5 Billion Years of Evolution can't be wrong.

AD: WILL CODE FOR DATA!
I will code for your computer your capping
system or verify your capping system
in exchange for PPs!

Always Interested in finding other math-minded players.
Feel free to email uber_micro at husmail.com.

22 Jan 2007 15:36:09

Uber_Micro <[email protected] > writes:

> "Ben Jarvie" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I was recently talking to a friend who had purchased a horse racing
> > systems/software.
> >
> > The software simply queried the live racing data and spotted sudden
> > influx's of bets made at the last second put on a horse.
> >
> > eg: 120 sec before race there would be x amount say $200, 90 sec
> > $250, 60 sec $300, 20 sec $320, then in the last 30 second block
> > that might fly up to $4000
> >
> > I'm only using the is a example but in this case the last block of
> > time being 4000 would have raised a red flag as to there being a
> > high probability of someone being in the no.
>
> s/no/know/
>
> Have you or anyone else actually tested this claim? That extreme
> changes in varience are indicators of extra information?
>

> Here is the info in terms of finacial markets, the ARCH/GARCH models
> are the same for pools.
>
> WARNING: Lots of Math!
> http://www.fenews.com/fen22/garch.html
>

> > This software was purchased for nearly 6 thousand Australian. :)
> > silly bugger......
> >

> LOL, i remeber doing this as homework, i didn't get 6000AUD. :( Not
> real time, but just going through the steps on data i already had, to
> script it would so that it did it in real time would be trivial.
>

> > Has anyone else found this system to be successful ?
> >

> Godel's second theorm implies, if you don't show your assumptions in
> statistics then you have shown nothing. Basically you can only prove
> so much as you assume.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del's_incompleteness_theorem
>

> > If so id be more than happy to grab this live data and have it
> > analysed and pumped to a dynamic page for us all to use......
> >

> I would love that, you find the data, i bring the code. I will even do
> something more interesting then the GARCH model, using adaptive
> systems. Free of charge.

No takers?

--

3.5 Billion Years of Evolution can't be wrong.

AD: WILL CODE FOR DATA!
I will code for your computer your capping
system or verify your capping system
in exchange for PPs!

Always Interested in finding other math-minded players.
Feel free to email uber_micro at husmail.com.

09 Feb 2007 20:31:33
Re: Where can i receive live horse racing data

Software RacePredictor.com do the same job. You can download it from
www.racePredictor.com

news:[email protected]