21 Jun 2007 01:37:07
wolfagain
Wolf Finally Orders the Movie Serial "Panther Girl of the Congo" Along with 14 other Serials!

Will give a review of 'Panther Girl' after I've seen it, but it has
something to do about a pretty cauk(euro) girl in the jungle being
pursued by hordes of uncivilized natives who want her to be their
Queen among other 'things!' Stars Phyllis Coats, the girl who bombed
as the first Lois Lane in the Superman TV show. But! the girl has IT!
whatever that is? Just need MORE! always MORE! I'm so into
cliffhangers or movie serials that regular, normal movies are all so
boring! Post to be continued next week at the usual time and place.
Stay tuned for MORE!

21 Jun 2007 08:53:26
foad
Re: Wolf Finally Orders the Movie Serial "Panther Girl of the Congo" Along with 14 other Serials!

"wolfagain" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Will give a review of 'Panther Girl' after I've seen it, but it has
> something to do about a pretty cauk(euro) girl in the jungle being
> pursued by hordes of uncivilized natives who want her to be their
> Queen among other 'things!' Stars Phyllis Coats, the girl who bombed
> as the first Lois Lane in the Superman TV show.

Not bombed:

"After shooting enough film for the first season, the Superman producers
suspended production until they found a national sponsor. Much later, when
it came time to reassemble the cast and crew for new Superman episodes,
Phyllis Coates had already committed herself to another production and was
no longer available. (George Reeves is said to have requested Coates to
return to the role in 1959, after another production hiatus; his untimely
death ended the series permanently.)"

and

"Phyllis Coates' version of Lois was tougher and darker than Noel Neill's
portrayal, but probably closer to the original version of Lois in the
comics. Coates was simultaneously beautiful and fiercely determined, not to
be outdone by Clark Kent. Some have said that her version of Lois Lane was
far ahead of its time and that she became a trendsetter on behalf of women's
equality in the 1950's, much the way Jerry Siegel's version of Lois was in
the 1940's comics."

22 Jun 2007 06:14:50
wolfagain

On Jun 21, 8:53 am, "foad" <[email protected] > wrote:
> "wolfagain" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> > Will give a review of 'Panther Girl' after I've seen it, but it has
> > something to do about a pretty cauk(euro) girl in the jungle being
> > pursued by hordes of uncivilized natives who want her to be their
> > Queen among other 'things!' Stars Phyllis Coats, the girl who bombed
> > as the first Lois Lane in the Superman TV show.
>
> Not bombed:
>
> "After shooting enough film for the first season, the Superman producers
> suspended production until they found a national sponsor. Much later, when
> it came time to reassemble the cast and crew for new Superman episodes,
> Phyllis Coates had already committed herself to another production and was
> no longer available. (George Reeves is said to have requested Coates to
> return to the role in 1959, after another production hiatus; his untimely
> death ended the series permanently.)"
>
> and
>
> "Phyllis Coates' version of Lois was tougher and darker than Noel Neill's
> portrayal, but probably closer to the original version of Lois in the
> comics. Coates was simultaneously beautiful and fiercely determined, not to
> be outdone by Clark Kent. Some have said that her version of Lois Lane was
> far ahead of its time and that she became a trendsetter on behalf of women's
> equality in the 1950's, much the way Jerry Siegel's version of Lois was in
> the 1940's comics."

I live in the 40's and 50's so Coat's 'before her time' portrayal of
Lois didn't work! Besides I consider the Adventures of Superman a
comedy! I own the complete tv series and watch it often.

22 Jun 2007 10:20:29
foad
Re: Wolf Finally Orders the Movie Serial "Panther Girl of the Congo" Along with 14 other Serials!

"wolfagain" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Jun 21, 8:53 am, "foad" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "wolfagain" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]
>>
>> > Will give a review of 'Panther Girl' after I've seen it, but it has
>> > something to do about a pretty cauk(euro) girl in the jungle being
>> > pursued by hordes of uncivilized natives who want her to be their
>> > Queen among other 'things!' Stars Phyllis Coats, the girl who bombed
>> > as the first Lois Lane in the Superman TV show.
>>
>> Not bombed:
>>
>> "After shooting enough film for the first season, the Superman producers
>> suspended production until they found a national sponsor. Much later,
>> when
>> it came time to reassemble the cast and crew for new Superman episodes,
>> Phyllis Coates had already committed herself to another production and
>> was
>> no longer available. (George Reeves is said to have requested Coates to
>> return to the role in 1959, after another production hiatus; his untimely
>> death ended the series permanently.)"
>>
>> and
>>
>> "Phyllis Coates' version of Lois was tougher and darker than Noel Neill's
>> portrayal, but probably closer to the original version of Lois in the
>> comics. Coates was simultaneously beautiful and fiercely determined, not
>> be outdone by Clark Kent. Some have said that her version of Lois Lane
>> was
>> far ahead of its time and that she became a trendsetter on behalf of
>> women's
>> equality in the 1950's, much the way Jerry Siegel's version of Lois was
>> in
>> the 1940's comics."
>
> I live in the 40's and 50's so Coat's 'before her time' portrayal of
> Lois didn't work! Besides I consider the Adventures of Superman a
> comedy! I own the cmplete tv series and watch it often.

Which Lois would you rather bang?

22 Jun 2007 12:43:03
wolfagain

On Jun 22, 10:20 am, "foad" <[email protected] > wrote:
> "wolfagain" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>

> > On Jun 21, 8:53 am, "foad" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> "wolfagain" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> >>news:[email protected]

> >> Not bombed:
>
> >> "After shooting enough film for the first season, the Superman producers
> >> suspended production until they found a national sponsor. Much later,
> >> when
> >> it came time to reassemble the cast and crew for new Superman episodes,
> >> Phyllis Coates had already committed herself to another production and
> >> was
> >> no longer available. (George Reeves is said to have requested Coates to
> >> return to the role in 1959, after another production hiatus; his untimely
> >> death ended the series permanently.)"
>
> >> and
>
> >> "Phyllis Coates' version of Lois was tougher and darker than Noel Neill's
> >> portrayal, but probably closer to the original version of Lois in the
> >> comics. Coates was simultaneously beautiful and fiercely determined, not
> >> be outdone by Clark Kent. Some have said that her version of Lois Lane
> >> was
> >> far ahead of its time and that she became a trendsetter on behalf of
> >> women's
> >> equality in the 1950's, much the way Jerry Siegel's version of Lois was
> >> in
> >> the 1940's comics."
>
> > I live in the 40's and 50's so Coat's 'before her time' portrayal of
> > Lois didn't work! Besides I consider the Adventures of Superman a
> > comedy! I own the cmplete tv series and watch it often.
>
> Which Lois would you rather bang?

Coats has "it" Noel doesn't.