27 Oct 2003 17:38:37
lsj7
ping Pops>>

I hope the fire out there in San Diego has not touched you or yours.........



--
lsj7

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can
fool
enough of them to rule a large country.
________will durant




27 Oct 2003 23:55:56
Pops
Re: ping Pops>>

Soot , smoke, ash and no sun for 3days now...very bad..but we''ll get
by...close call for me and unfortunately very bad for others.

Thx

Pops
> I hope the fire out there in San Diego has not touched you or
yours.........
>
>
>
> --
> lsj7
>
> It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you
can
> fool
> enough of them to rule a large country.
> ________will durant
>
>




27 Oct 2003 15:57:54
dee bos
Re: ping Pops>>



lsj7 wrote:

> I hope the fire out there in San Diego has not touched you or yours.........
>

From deeb..

.fire came about a mile away from my house ... haven't seen blue skies for 2
days..

air is smoky and pungent all day . horses from san diego county evacuated to
Del Mar race track stable area . They have room for about 1200 horses there

sun totally orange all day ... Pops lives west of me so is in much less danger
.. Beside it wouldn't DARE touch POPS !

deeb
Hooray for Richard Mandella !!

>
> --
> lsj7
>
> It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can
> fool
> enough of them to rule a large country.
> ________will durant



27 Oct 2003 19:54:20
lsj7
Re: ping Pops>>

dee bos wrote:
> lsj7 wrote:
>
>> I hope the fire out there in San Diego has not touched you or
>> yours.........
>>
>
> From deeb..
>
> .fire came about a mile away from my house ... haven't seen blue
> skies for 2 days..
>
> air is smoky and pungent all day . horses from san diego county
> evacuated to Del Mar race track stable area . They have room for
> about 1200 horses there
>
> sun totally orange all day ... Pops lives west of me so is in much
> less danger .. Beside it wouldn't DARE touch POPS !
>
> deeb
> Hooray for Richard Mandella !!

Didn't know you lived so close to the disaster area, Deeb..Well stay safe
and good luck in the coming days. They say the Santa Anna (sp) winds will
die down about Tuesday.....

--
lsj7

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you
can fool enough of them to rule a large country.
________will durant




28 Oct 2003 05:38:37
theoldfart
Re: ping Pops>>

If it is of help, know that my family's prayers are with you!
Shawn

> Didn't know you lived so close to the disaster area, Deeb..Well stay safe
> and good luck in the coming days. They say the Santa Anna (sp) winds will
> die down about Tuesday.....
>




28 Oct 2003 20:32:43
F.H.
Re: ping Pops>>

dee bos wrote:
>
> lsj7 wrote:
>
> > I hope the fire out there in San Diego has not touched you or yours.........
> >
>
> From deeb..
>
> .fire came about a mile away from my house ... haven't seen blue skies for 2
> days..
>
> air is smoky and pungent all day . horses from san diego county evacuated to
> Del Mar race track stable area . They have room for about 1200 horses there
>
> sun totally orange all day ... Pops lives west of me so is in much less danger
> .. Beside it wouldn't DARE touch POPS !

We're about 3 miles from the base of the mountains of Glendora, San
Dimas. Saw flames Sat night and water dropping planes over our place
Sunday A.M. Then the fire moved east. A friend who lives in Running
Springs gathered his belongings and left on Sunday. Could lose his home
and his business. Bummer about those poor folks in San Diego that
couldn't get out.

Frank


28 Oct 2003 20:50:30
Pops
Re: ping Pops>>



> If it is of help, know that my family's prayers are with you!
> Shawn

Thanks Shawn..we are lucky...just soot and bad air. No losses ..thankfully..

This built up grass and brush over about 30 years has just been waiting for
the right conditions and spark..and it finally happened..not much anyone
could do , in reality..we've been pretty lucky for a long while..almost..but
not quite...makes me miss the blizzards and hurricanes and cold nasty days
that I lived though for 37 years on the east coast.

Later,
Pops

Playing Delaware today...too many scratches..Played Calder yesterday...good
day.






29 Oct 2003 14:05:37
theoldfart
Re: ping Pops>>

How are you folks doing today??

Shawn




29 Oct 2003 11:56:01
dee bos
Re: ping Pops>>



theoldfart wrote:

> How are you folks doing today??
>
> Shawn

from deeb:


Much better to the west ( my area ) . Cooler and less windy..smoke in
air is diminished ..can finally inhale deeply ! Pops lives to the west
of me.

Golden Eagle ranch ( John Mabee's t-bred breeding ranch- home of Best
Pal )
is evidently untouched.

Julian ( in the eastern mountains ) is in danger today but firefighters
have concentrated there. Otay fire ( south ) has been contained.. Camp
Pendelton ( marine base ) is also contained . The main ( cedar ) fire is
still going in spots They report it will be contained by next monday.
Palomar Mt. ( giant telescope-observatory ) is in danger but if winds
stay low and the right direction it will be okay

Many horses were saved and are stabled at Del Mar racetrack. Burned
horses are being treated by local vets ( free)

Still no blue skies but air is much better.

Thanks for all your concerns

deeb



29 Oct 2003 22:48:01
Pops
Re: ping Pops>>


"dee bos" < wrote in message
>
> theoldfart wrote:
>
> > How are you folks doing today??
> >
> > Shawn
>
> from deeb:
>
>
> Much better to the west ( my area ) . Cooler and less windy..smoke in
> air is diminished ..can finally inhale deeply ! Pops lives to the west
> of me.
>
> Golden Eagle ranch ( John Mabee's t-bred breeding ranch- home of Best
> Pal )
> is evidently untouched.
>
> Julian ( in the eastern mountains ) is in danger today but firefighters
> have concentrated there. Otay fire ( south ) has been contained.. Camp
> Pendelton ( marine base ) is also contained . The main ( cedar ) fire is
> still going in spots They report it will be contained by next monday.
> Palomar Mt. ( giant telescope-observatory ) is in danger but if winds
> stay low and the right direction it will be okay
>
> Many horses were saved and are stabled at Del Mar racetrack. Burned
> horses are being treated by local vets ( free)
>
> Still no blue skies but air is much better.
>
> Thanks for all your concerns
>
> deeb
>

deeb...got it covered. I played Torrey Pines golf course this morning and
the air was almost back to normal...

Thx
Pops




29 Oct 2003 17:10:28
lsj7
Re: ping Pops>>

dee bos wrote:
> theoldfart wrote:
>
>> How are you folks doing today??
>>
>> Shawn
>
> from deeb:
>
>
> Much better to the west ( my area ) . Cooler and less windy..smoke in
> air is diminished ..can finally inhale deeply ! Pops lives to the
> west of me.
>
> Golden Eagle ranch ( John Mabee's t-bred breeding ranch- home of Best
> Pal )
> is evidently untouched.
>
> Julian ( in the eastern mountains ) is in danger today but
> firefighters have concentrated there. Otay fire ( south ) has been
> contained.. Camp Pendelton ( marine base ) is also contained . The
> main ( cedar ) fire is still going in spots They report it will be
> contained by next monday. Palomar Mt. ( giant telescope-observatory
> ) is in danger but if winds stay low and the right direction it will
> be okay
>
> Many horses were saved and are stabled at Del Mar racetrack. Burned
> horses are being treated by local vets ( free)
>
> Still no blue skies but air is much better.
>
> Thanks for all your concerns
>
> deeb

The news report a fireman's death in the cedar fire. Those folks are true
heroes....lot of grit. You west coast brothers hang in there.

--
lsj7

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you
can fool enough of them to rule a large country.
________will durant




30 Oct 2003 01:54:56
Pops
Re: ping Pops>>


"lsj7" wrote in message
> dee bos wrote:
> > theoldfart wrote:
> >
> >> How are you folks doing today??
> >>
> >> Shawn
> >
> > from deeb:
> >
> >
> > Much better to the west ( my area ) . Cooler and less windy..smoke in
> > air is diminished ..can finally inhale deeply ! Pops lives to the
> > west of me.
> >
> > Golden Eagle ranch ( John Mabee's t-bred breeding ranch- home of Best
> > Pal )
> > is evidently untouched.
> >
> > Julian ( in the eastern mountains ) is in danger today but
> > firefighters have concentrated there. Otay fire ( south ) has been
> > contained.. Camp Pendelton ( marine base ) is also contained . The
> > main ( cedar ) fire is still going in spots They report it will be
> > contained by next monday. Palomar Mt. ( giant telescope-observatory
> > ) is in danger but if winds stay low and the right direction it will
> > be okay
> >
> > Many horses were saved and are stabled at Del Mar racetrack. Burned
> > horses are being treated by local vets ( free)
> >
> > Still no blue skies but air is much better.
> >
> > Thanks for all your concerns
> >
> > deeb
>
> The news report a fireman's death in the cedar fire. Those folks are
true
> heroes....lot of grit. You west coast brothers hang in there.
>
> --
> lsj7

Thx...you think about coming out to Del Mar next year... all, y'all..I get
you a job in the tip sheet booth or D Bos works you fixin machines :)

Pops