29 Oct 2003 05:40:10
robert kachur
spider and the fly

Trainer Julio C. Canani did a masterful job of using the media to get
money bet on Prestonwood Farm's Special Ring.
Special Ring went off as the second choice in the Breeders' Cup Mile.
In the morning line Special Ring was the favorite.

29 Oct 2003 14:51:15
Pops
Re: spider and the fly

"robert kachur" wrote in message ..

.
> Trainer Julio C. Canani did a masterful job of using the media to get
> money bet on Prestonwood Farm's Special Ring.

Nawhhh...he wouldn't do that...would he??

Pops

29 Oct 2003 11:57:19
dee bos
Re: spider and the fly

Julio whacks a lot of money through the machine !

db

Pops wrote:

> "robert kachur" wrote in message ..
>
> .
> > Trainer Julio C. Canani did a masterful job of using the media to get
> > money bet on Prestonwood Farm's Special Ring.
>
> Nawhhh...he wouldn't do that...would he??
>
> Pops

30 Oct 2003 03:31:48
F.H.
Re: spider and the fly

dee bos wrote:

> Julio whacks a lot of money through the machine !

My bookie used to make jokes about him in the old days (early 80's),
called him the "carrot man." Said Julio started out selling used
veggies to the trainers as horse food.

30 Oct 2003 03:39:18
Pops
Re: spider and the fly

> dee bos wrote:
> >
> > Julio whacks a lot of money through the machine !
>
> My bookie used to make jokes about him in the old days (early 80's),
> called him the "carrot man." Said Julio started out selling used
> veggies to the trainers as horse food.

not a bad guy...a little hyper but ain't we all

Pops

30 Oct 2003 05:35:19
F.H.
Re: spider and the fly

Pops wrote:

> > dee bos wrote:
> > >
> > > Julio whacks a lot of money through the machine !
> >
> > My bookie used to make jokes about him in the old days (early 80's),
> > called him the "carrot man." Said Julio started out selling used
> > veggies to the trainers as horse food.
>
> not a bad guy...a little hyper but ain't we all
>
> Pops

I *could* cut back on the caffeine. Nah....

30 Oct 2003 05:46:12
Pops
Re: spider and the fly

> > Pops
>
> I *could* cut back on the caffeine. Nah....

F.H.
Guess you never heard from Harmatz..eh

Boy he was happy to hear from someone who knew HIM back then.

Sitting on a bench out side of Del Mar when I approached him the last
time..looked sharp and strong..and interested.

Told me he would e-mail you.

Oh well..
Pops

30 Oct 2003 05:40:09
deeb
Re: spider and the fly

Pops wrote:

> > > Pops
> >
> > I *could* cut back on the caffeine. Nah....
>
> F.H.
> Guess you never heard from Harmatz..eh
>
> Boy he was happy to hear from someone who knew HIM back then.
>
> Sitting on a bench out side of Del Mar when I approached him the last
> time..looked sharp and strong..and interested.
>
> Told me he would e-mail you.
>
> Oh well..
> Pops

Larry Gilligan floats around there too!

db

30 Oct 2003 16:09:00
Pops
Re: spider and the fly

"deeb" <[email protected] > wrote in message

> Larry Gilligan floats around there too!
>
> db

winagain with Gilligan..

30 Oct 2003 16:38:39
lsj7
Re: spider and the fly

Pops wrote:
> "deeb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>

>> Larry Gilligan floats around there too!
>>
>> db
>
> winagain with Gilligan..

The Skipper and Ginger there , too? lol Who the heck are you guys
a-yappin' about?

--
lsj7

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you
can fool enough of them to rule a large country.
________will durant

31 Oct 2003 06:12:09
deeb
Re: spider and the fly

lsj7 wrote:

> Pops wrote:
> > "deeb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >

> >> Larry Gilligan floats around there too!
> >>
> >> db
> >
> > winagain with Gilligan..
>
> The Skipper and Ginger there , too? lol Who the heck are you guys
> a-yappin' about?
>
> Larry is an ex-jockey from the Shoe -Harmatz era. Used to even ride for
> the Whitney stable. Mentioned in Ainslie's red t-bred book.

Wish Ginger and Maryanne would show up though !!

deeb

> It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you
> can fool enough of them to rule a large country.
> ________will durant

01 Nov 2003 04:59:47
F.H.
Re: spider and the fly

Pops wrote:

> > > Pops
> >
> > I *could* cut back on the caffeine. Nah....
>
> F.H.
> Guess you never heard from Harmatz..eh
>
> Boy he was happy to hear from someone who knew HIM back then.
>
> Sitting on a bench out side of Del Mar when I approached him the last
> time..looked sharp and strong..and interested.
>
> Told me he would e-mail you.
>
> Oh well..
> Pops

If you see him remind him. I would love to hook up with my old pal
Burt. You mentioned he's got a restaurant in Nevada. Love to know the
name and addy. Got the city filed here somewhere. Burt can't be gettin
any younger either.

Frank

01 Nov 2003 17:09:37
Pops
Re: spider and the fly

> > > I *could* cut back on the caffeine. Nah....
> >
> > F.H.
> > Guess you never heard from Harmatz..eh
> >
> > Boy he was happy to hear from someone who knew HIM back then.
> >
> > Sitting on a bench out side of Del Mar when I approached him the last
> > time..looked sharp and strong..and interested.
> >
> > Told me he would e-mail you.
> >
> > Oh well..
> > Pops
>
> If you see him remind him. I would love to hook up with my old pal
> Burt. You mentioned he's got a restaurant in Nevada. Love to know the
> name and addy. Got the city filed here somewhere. Burt can't be gettin
> any younger either.
>
> Frank

Mesquite, NV

coincidentally I'm going up there monday with some friends for a couple days
of golf..wouldn't it be funny if we ran into him :)

Pops

01 Nov 2003 18:43:25
F.H.
Re: spider and the fly

Pops wrote:

> > > F.H.
> > > Guess you never heard from Harmatz..eh
> > >
> > > Boy he was happy to hear from someone who knew HIM back then.
> > >
> > > Sitting on a bench out side of Del Mar when I approached him the last
> > > time..looked sharp and strong..and interested.
> > >
> > > Told me he would e-mail you.
> > >
> > > Oh well..
> > > Pops
> >
> > If you see him remind him. I would love to hook up with my old pal
> > Burt. You mentioned he's got a restaurant in Nevada. Love to know the
> > name and addy. Got the city filed here somewhere. Burt can't be gettin
> > any younger either.
> >
> > Frank
>
> Mesquite, NV
>
> coincidentally I'm going up there monday with some friends for a couple days
> of golf..wouldn't it be funny if we ran into him :)
>
> Pops

It would be great. He would love it.