27 Dec 2006 12:23:27
understanding results payoffs

hello,

I'm having trouble understanding the results from a race at Aqueduct.
for example:

horse: Crafty Tricker

finished: 2nd

payoffs listed: 3.70 under place and 2.90 under show

do these amounts reflect a $1 wager?

so if I bet $2 I'd get 7.40 for place bet or 5.80 for show?

or bet $10 I'd get 37.00 for place or 29.00 for show?

do I just multiply what I actually wagered by the payoffs listed,
whether win, place, or show?

thanks

27 Dec 2006 15:51:48
Ed Collins
Re: understanding results payoffs

Race track results always reflect a TWO dollar wager, not one dollar.

Betting $2.00 to Place would be good for a ticket worth #3.70...meaning you
would have won $1.70.
Betting $2.00 to Show would win $.90.

Ed Collins

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> hello,
>
> I'm having trouble understanding the results from a race at Aqueduct.
> for example:
>
> horse: Crafty Tricker
>
> finished: 2nd
>
> payoffs listed: 3.70 under place and 2.90 under show
>
> do these amounts reflect a $1 wager?
>
> so if I bet $2 I'd get 7.40 for place bet or 5.80 for show?
>
> or bet $10 I'd get 37.00 for place or 29.00 for show?
>
> do I just multiply what I actually wagered by the payoffs listed,
> whether win, place, or show?
>
> thanks

27 Dec 2006 21:49:19
Warrior steve
Re: understanding results payoffs

>"Ed Collins" wrote> Race track results always reflect a TWO dollar wager,
>not one dollar.

However, that is true for the win, place and show payoffs. Some tracks post
$1 exacta and trifecta etc payoffs. Pay attention to the results
board/payoff screen after the race to see if your track posts $1 or $2
exotic payoffs. Just thought I'd mention this since it was a newbie kinda
question and Rafe might have needed clarification. Warrior Steve