27 Oct 2003 10:36:56
Tavas
ToT By Tavas

--MS_Mac_OE_3150095816_2794722_MIME_Part

ToT, as always, was a fun tournament. We need more frantic events! The '6
pack set' thing has got to go, though. It creates too much of a home team
advantage by limiting how quickly visitors can learn the packs during the
course of the tournament, and more importantly, it seems to bring out the
variations in the pack sets way too much. The best of 6 sets versus the
worse just seems to be a much more extreme mismatch than the best versus the
worst of 3 sets. It does make for some upsets, which is kind of neat in a
way, but I think it hurts the tournament more than it helps. Otherwise, I
had no complaints about the way the tournament was run.

I still think you are all a bunch of big diaper-babies for raising the shot
cap, though, hehe!

Hmmm...what else do I have to say?

Well, first of all, big congratulations to the Whoop Donkeys for defeating
unTAGables and Destruktor. So much for the arguments of those who complain
about how impossible it is to beat "stacked god teams." Tulsa is turning
into something of a god team itself these days. This makes 3 consecutive
tournament victories and counting (Va. Beach, BOTR, ToT) for the Donkeys as
they roll towards Memphis next month and Southern Regionals next year...

UnTAGables seemed like the classiest team at the tournament to me. It was
nice to briefly encounter Laz in person and say "sorry" for that "random
jackass" comment on this NG, even though he didn't seem too confident of my
sincerity, hehe. He and Sid stepped right in to fill out this team in style.
Anyway, I have really enjoyed the games I have played against this group of
guys lately in Austin and in ToT. 2nd place is about as low as I expect them
to ever finish for quite some time if they keep playing tournaments
together, and part of that can be attributed to Tulsa's truly unique maze
and to ToT's format. There is really no need to even bother giving any more
props to Capri, NME, and Lollipop at this point, but here they are anyway:
top-notch job as always, y'all, both individually and as a team. Hail to the
King!

Destruktor's (NRH + Uleb and Showtime) march into the finals surprised some
people, but the success was well-deserved. The NRH people's chemistry is
getting better with every tournament! Huge individual props to Blue Flame
for taking 5th place with pack 4, which was one of the worst in the
building. Weak IR, flaming-hot shoulders, but she still found her points.
Twisted has to be one of the most improved team players in the region--he
found his individual game last year, but this year it has all been about
refinement.

Lincoln: these guys clobbered us, just like they did in Regionals. No
Nepenthe? No problem. Everyone at the tournament had nothng but raves for
this team, and especially for Pretender. I was surprised they weren't in the
finals, but strange things happen at ToT. Lincoln is the shiny red pace car
of the Southern Region.

Parastack: well, I had my best game of the tournament against the
Mules/Denver/Aunt Lou, but it wasn't enough to help my team pull the upset.
Still, that was a ferocious tower battle! Anyway, good job making it to the
consolation round in what was a very tough tournament. Maybe slipping to
fifth will make you guys appreciate all those 4ths you've gotten in the past
a bit more, hehe. From what I recall of the numbers, your team was very
close to being in the finals. That is doubly impressive.

Jim Dandees (dunno if I spelled that right): It's always great to see/play
y'all. Top 6 is impressive, especially with 2 "trainees" on the team. Big
mojo for 00 Fatboy, who scored over 700 at least twice that I know of. Roll
on.

Downer's Grove: well we got bit by that best versus worst of the 6 pack sets
thing in our game against this team, just like UnTAGables did in the only
prelim game they lost. I am sure it happened to this team too in some game.
The 6 pack sets just makes it impossible to tell what was really going in
some of those games. Still, it was a good, clean game up in that right
tower, and you moved past us in the standings on the strength of it. Well
done.

OKC (Sonja's team): Good job, y'all! You were within striking distance of
the top 6 but just couldn't quite sneak in there. I think that good, solid
team play by Black Bat and Red Sonja made this team into something of a
surprise for many of their opponents. I know they really beat my team down
when we played head to head, and they did it by outplaying us with a weak
pack set that we had just used ourselves in the previous game. Mega-props to
Skywise for posting a 1st, a 2nd, 2 3rds, a 7th and an 11th. He may not be
at the top in scoring, but his ranking average of 4.5 for these 15-player
games is impressive. Like a fine wine, he just gets better with age, hehe.
Also, lots of praise for their super-sub Interstate, who (in Skywise's
words) "took whatever pack we handed him and did well with it." Thanks for
filling out their team, State.

OKC (my team): well, we played our best early on against some of the tougher
teams and then we slipped when we got into the easier part of our schedule.
That is kind of frustrating. Good job to Jammer (who had never played
Tulsa's heinously complex maze before) for bouncing back with his best game
of the tournament right after getting put negative the game before. That is
the kind of mental toughness we are looking for. Nice job to for
steady-scoring Scorcho (aka Scout) too--you get better with every
tournament, kiddo. Special thanks to Hedgehog for filling in for MIA
laserOZZY and putting up some nice numbers. Extra special thanks to Xuvios,
a great comrade in arms, for handling the packs on the fly and for martyring
himself with total crap the whole tournament. That strategy is gonna have to
change in the future, though; you, my friend, are too good to be running
around with hot sensors and weak IR every game. Finally, Catspaw, who played
for the Denver B guys, had (yet another) rock-solid tournament. Well-done,
Alex.

To everyone I didn't mention here: every game was fun, clean and
well-played. I hope to see you all next year at ToT.

--Tavas/OKC: NoMoreLies

P.S. If y'all will change ToT's name to TiT, I will use "Tavas TiTT" as my
codename for the event, and maybe I will even go get a cowboy hat like
Travis Tritt wears. If that isn't a silly enough reason to change the name
of the tournamentl, I don't know what is...

--MS_Mac_OE_3150095816_2794722_MIME_Part

<HTML >
<HEAD >
<TITLE >ToT By Tavas</TITLE>
</HEAD >
<BODY >
<B >ToT</B>, as always, was a fun tournament. We need <I>more</I> frantic ev=
ents! The '6 pack set' thing has got to go, though. It creates too much of a=
home team advantage by limiting how quickly visitors can learn the packs du=
ring the course of the tournament, and more importantly, it seems to bring o=
ut the variations in the pack sets way too much. The best of 6 sets versus t=
he worse just seems to be a much more extreme mismatch than the best versus =
the worst of 3 sets. It does make for some upsets, which is kind of neat in =
a way, but I think it hurts the tournament more than it helps. Otherwise, I =
had no complaints about the way the tournament was run. <BR >
<BR >
<I >I still think you are all a bunch of big diaper-babies for raising the s=
hot cap, though, hehe!<BR >
</I ><BR>
Hmmm...what else do I have to say? <BR >
<BR >
Well, first of all, big congratulations to the <B >Whoop Donkeys</B> for def=
eating unTAGables and Destruktor. So much for the arguments of those who com=
plain about how impossible it is to beat "stacked god teams." Tuls=
a is turning into something of a god team itself these days. <I >This makes 3=
consecutive tournament victories and counting </I >(Va. Beach, BOTR, ToT) <I=
>for the Donkeys</I> as they roll towards Memphis next month and Southern Re=
gionals next year...<BR >
<BR >
<B >UnTAGables</B> seemed like the classiest team at the tournament to me. I=
t was nice to briefly encounter <B ><I>Laz</I></B> in person and say "so=
rry" for that "random jackass" comment on this NG, even thoug=
h he didn't seem too confident of my sincerity, hehe. He and <B ><I>Sid</I></=
B > stepped right in to fill out this team in style. Anyway, I have really en=
joyed the games I have played against this group of guys lately in Austin an=
d in ToT. 2nd place is about as low as I expect them to ever finish for quit=
e some time if they keep playing tournaments together, and part of that can =
be attributed to Tulsa's truly unique maze and to ToT's format. There is rea=
lly no need to even bother giving any more props to <B ><I>Capri</I></B>, <B>=
<I >NME</I></B>, and <B><I>Lollipop</I></B> at this point, but here they are =
anyway: top-notch job as always, y'all, both individually and as a team. Hai=
l to the King! <BR >
<BR >
<B >Destruktor's</B> (NRH + Uleb and Showtime) march into the finals surpris=
ed some people, but the success was well-deserved. The NRH people's chemistr=
y is getting better with every tournament! Huge individual props to<B ><I> Bl=
ue Flame</I ></B> for taking 5th place with pack 4, which was one of the wors=
t in the building. Weak IR, flaming-hot shoulders, but she still found her p=
oints. Twisted has to be one of the most improved team players in the region=
--he found his individual game last year, but this year it has all been abou=
t refinement.<BR >
<BR >
<B >Lincoln:</B> these guys clobbered us, just like they did in Regionals. N=
o Nepenthe? No problem. Everyone at the tournament had nothng but raves for =
this team, and especially for <B ><I>Pretender</I></B>. I was surprised they =
weren't in the finals, but strange things happen at ToT. <I >Lincoln is the s=
hiny red pace car of the Southern Region.<BR >
</I ><BR>
<B >Parastack:</B> well, I had my best game of the tournament against the Mu=
les/Denver/Aunt Lou, but it wasn't enough to help my team pull the upset. St=
ill, that was a ferocious tower battle! Anyway, good job making it to the co=
nsolation round in what was a very tough tournament. Maybe slipping to fifth=
will make you guys appreciate all those 4ths you've gotten in the past a bi=
t more, hehe. From what I recall of the numbers, your team was very close to=
being in the finals. That is doubly impressive.<BR >
<BR >
<B >Jim Dandees </B>(dunno if I spelled that right)<B>:</B> It's always grea=
t to see/play y'all. Top 6 is impressive, especially with 2 "trainees&q=
uot; on the team. Big mojo for <B ><I>00 Fatboy</I></B>, who scored over 700 =
at least twice that I know of. Roll on.<BR >
<BR >
<B >Downer's Grove:</B> well we got bit by that best versus worst of the 6 p=
ack sets thing in our game against this team, just like UnTAGables did in th=
e only prelim game they lost. I am sure it happened to this team too in some=
game. The 6 pack sets just makes it impossible to tell what was really goin=
g in some of those games. Still, it was a good, clean game up in that right =
tower, and you moved past us in the standings on the strength of it. Well do=
ne.<BR >
<BR >
<B >OKC </B>(Sonja's team)<B>:</B> Good job, y'all! You were within striking=
distance of the top 6 but just couldn't quite sneak in there. I think that =
good, solid team play by<B ><I> </I></B>Black Bat and Red<B><I> </I></B>Sonja=
made this team into something of a surprise for many of their opponents. I =
know they really beat my team down when we played head to head, and they did=
it by outplaying us with a weak pack set that we had just used ourselves in=
the previous game. Mega-props to <B ><I>Skywise</I></B> for posting a 1st, a=
2nd, 2 3rds, a 7th and an 11th. He may not be at the top in scoring, but hi=
s ranking average of 4.5 for these 15-player games is impressive. Like a fin=
e wine, he just gets better with age, hehe. Also, lots of praise for their s=
uper-sub <B ><I>Interstate</I></B>, who (in Skywise's words) "took whate=
ver pack we handed him and did well with it." Thanks for filling out th=
eir team, State. <BR >
<BR >
<B >OKC </B>(my team)<B>: </B>well, we played our best early on against some=
of the tougher teams and then we slipped when we got into the easier part o=
f our schedule. That is kind of frustrating. Good job to Jammer (who had nev=
er played Tulsa's heinously complex maze before) for bouncing back with his =
best game of the tournament right after getting put negative the game before=
. That is the kind of mental toughness we are looking for. Nice job to for s=
teady-scoring <B ><I>Scorcho</I></B> (aka Scout) too--you get better with eve=
ry tournament, kiddo. Special thanks to Hedgehog for filling in for MIA lase=
rOZZY and putting up some nice numbers. Extra special thanks to <B ><I>Xuvios=
</I ></B>, a great comrade in arms, for handling the packs on the fly and for=
martyring himself with total crap the whole tournament. That strategy is go=
nna have to change in the future, though; you, my friend, are too good to be=
running around with hot sensors and weak IR every game. Finally, <B ><I>Cats=
paw</I ></B>, who played for the Denver B guys, had (yet another) rock-solid =
tournament. Well-done, Alex.<BR >
<BR >
To everyone I didn't mention here: every game was fun, clean and well-playe=
d. I hope to see you all next year at ToT.<BR >
<BR >
<B >--Tavas/OKC: <I>NoMoreLies<BR>
</I ></B><BR>
P.S. If y'all will change ToT's name to TiT, I will use "Tavas TiTT&qu=
ot; as my codename for the event, and maybe I will even go get a cowboy hat =
like Travis Tritt wears. If that isn't a silly enough reason to change the n=
ame of the tournamentl, I don't know what is...<BR >
<BR >
</BODY >
</HTML >

--MS_Mac_OE_3150095816_2794722_MIME_Part--

27 Oct 2003 10:42:31
Tavas
Re: ToT By Tavas

--MS_Mac_OE_3150096152_2814887_MIME_Part

in article BBC2A5C8.419B%[email protected], Tavas at [email protected] wrote
on 10/27/03 10:36 AM:

Destruktor's (NRH + Uleb and Showtime) march into the finals surprised some
people, but the success was well-deserved. The NRH people's chemistry is
getting better with every tournament! Huge individual props to Blue Flame
for taking 5th place with pack 4, which was one of the worst in the
building. Weak IR, flaming-hot shoulders, but she still found her points.
[Twisted] has to be one of the most improved team players in the region--he
found his individual game last year, but this year it has all been about
refinement [for him].

=== > Oops--I wasn't quite finished with this section when I posted it. I
also meant to mention 'mo, who has become one of NRH's key players, both
individually and as a team player. He won't stay under the radar much longer
at this rate.

Also, hail to the same old solid, reliable Showtime and Uleb, whose pictures
are prominent in the gallery of images used to illustrate the word
"consistency" in the LQ dictionary.

--Tavas/OKC: NoMoreLies

--MS_Mac_OE_3150096152_2814887_MIME_Part

<HTML >
<HEAD >
<TITLE >Re: ToT By Tavas</TITLE>
</HEAD >
<BODY >
in article BBC2A5C8.419B%[email protected], Tavas at [email protected] wrote =
on 10/27/03 10:36 AM:<BR >
<BR >
<BLOCKQUOTE ><B>Destruktor's</B> (NRH + Uleb and Showtime) march into the fi=
nals surprised some people, but the success was well-deserved. The NRH peopl=
e's chemistry is getting better with every tournament! Huge individual props=
to<B ><I> Blue Flame</I></B> for taking 5th place with pack 4, which was one=
of the worst in the building. Weak IR, flaming-hot shoulders, but she still=
found her points. [<B ><I>Twisted</I></B>] has to be one of the most improve=
d team players in the region--he found his individual game last year, but th=
is year it has all been about refinement [for him].<BR >
</BLOCKQUOTE ><BR>
=3D=3D=3D > Oops--I wasn't quite finished with this section when I posted it. I=
also meant to mention <B ><I>'mo</I></B>, who has become one of NRH's key pl=
ayers, both individually and as a team player. He won't stay under the radar=
much longer at this rate. <BR >
<BR >
Also, hail to the same old solid, reliable <B ><I>Showtime</I></B> and <B><I=
>Uleb</I></B>, whose pictures are prominent in the gallery of images used to=
illustrate the word "consistency" in the LQ dictionary.<BR >
<BR >
<B >--Tavas/OKC: <I>NoMoreLies<BR>
</I ></B><BR>
</BODY >
</HTML >

--MS_Mac_OE_3150096152_2814887_MIME_Part--

27 Oct 2003 14:41:47
Showtime
Re: ToT By Tavas

Why, thanks Tavas. That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to
me:) The NRHers are going to be good next year. They just keep getting
better. If you guys keep improving, you're going to really turn some
heads next year. I'm glad Interstate helped you guys out, he's great
at any tournament not named "regionals" or "NAC". Hope to see you at
the next great southern slaughterfest:)

Showtime

Tavas <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<BBC2A717.419E%[email protected]>...
> in article BBC2A5C8.419B%[email protected], Tavas at [email protected] wrote
> on 10/27/03 10:36 AM:
>
> Destruktor's (NRH + Uleb and Showtime) march into the finals surprised some
> people, but the success was well-deserved. The NRH people's chemistry is
> getting better with every tournament! Huge individual props to Blue Flame
> for taking 5th place with pack 4, which was one of the worst in the
> building. Weak IR, flaming-hot shoulders, but she still found her points.
> [Twisted] has to be one of the most improved team players in the region--he
> found his individual game last year, but this year it has all been about
> refinement [for him].
>
> > Oops--I wasn't quite finished with this section when I posted it. I
> also meant to mention 'mo, who has become one of NRH's key players, both
> individually and as a team player. He won't stay under the radar much longer
> at this rate.
>
> Also, hail to the same old solid, reliable Showtime and Uleb, whose pictures
> are prominent in the gallery of images used to illustrate the word
> "consistency" in the LQ dictionary.
>
> --Tavas/OKC: NoMoreLies

Xuvios
Re: ToT By Tavas

Are you going to be going to Memphis???

~X~
The Abyssmal

"Showtime" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Why, thanks Tavas. That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to
> me:) The NRHers are going to be good next year. They just keep getting
> better. If you guys keep improving, you're going to really turn some
> heads next year. I'm glad Interstate helped you guys out, he's great
> at any tournament not named "regionals" or "NAC". Hope to see you at
> the next great southern slaughterfest:)
>
> Showtime
>

> Tavas <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<BBC2A717.419E%[email protected] >...
> > in article BBC2A5C8.419B%[email protected], Tavas at [email protected]
wrote
> > on 10/27/03 10:36 AM:
> >
> > Destruktor's (NRH + Uleb and Showtime) march into the finals surprised
some
> > people, but the success was well-deserved. The NRH people's chemistry is
> > getting better with every tournament! Huge individual props to Blue
Flame
> > for taking 5th place with pack 4, which was one of the worst in the
> > building. Weak IR, flaming-hot shoulders, but she still found her
points.
> > [Twisted] has to be one of the most improved team players in the
region--he
> > found his individual game last year, but this year it has all been about
> > refinement [for him].
> >
> > > Oops--I wasn't quite finished with this section when I posted it. I
> > also meant to mention 'mo, who has become one of NRH's key players, both
> > individually and as a team player. He won't stay under the radar much
longer
> > at this rate.
> >
> > Also, hail to the same old solid, reliable Showtime and Uleb, whose
pictures
> > are prominent in the gallery of images used to illustrate the word
> > "consistency" in the LQ dictionary.
> >
> > --Tavas/OKC: NoMoreLies
> >

> > --

27 Oct 2003 18:32:41
Xuvios
Re: ToT By Tavas

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C39CB8.B490A640

ToT By TavasI don't know that there would have been much i could've done =
if i were in different equipment... i'm just careening down the road of =
being a suck... ah well, maybe things will be different in a month

~X~
The Abyssmal

handling the packs on the fly and for martyring himself with total crap =
the whole tournament. That strategy is gonna have to change in the =
future, though; you, my friend, are too good to be running around with =
hot sensors and weak IR every game.<<<
"Tavas" <[email protected] > wrote in message =
news:BBC2A5C8.419B%[email protected]
ToT, as always, was a fun tournament. We need more frantic events! The =
'6 pack set' thing has got to go, though. It creates too much of a home =
team advantage by limiting how quickly visitors can learn the packs =
during the course of the tournament, and more importantly, it seems to =
bring out the variations in the pack sets way too much. The best of 6 =
sets versus the worse just seems to be a much more extreme mismatch than =
the best versus the worst of 3 sets. It does make for some upsets, which =
is kind of neat in a way, but I think it hurts the tournament more than =
it helps. Otherwise, I had no complaints about the way the tournament =
was run.=20

I still think you are all a bunch of big diaper-babies for raising the =
shot cap, though, hehe!

Hmmm...what else do I have to say?=20

[...]

always, y'all, both individually and as a team. Hail to the King!=20

[...]

and did well with it." Thanks for filling out their team, State.=20

[...]

charset=3Diso-8859-1" >
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR >
<STYLE ></STYLE>
</HEAD >
<BODY bgColor=3D#bfbfbf >
<DIV ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I don't know that there would have been =
much i=20
could've done if i were in different equipment... i'm just careening =
down the=20
road of being a suck... ah well, maybe things will be different in a=20
month</FONT ></DIV>
<DIV ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>~X~</FONT></DIV>
<DIV ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Abyssmal</FONT></DIV>
<DIV ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV >>>>>Extra special thanks to <B><I>Xuvios</I></B>, a =
great=20
comrade in arms, for handling the packs on the fly and for martyring =
himself=20
with total crap the whole tournament. That strategy is gonna have to =
change in=20
the future, though; you, my friend, are too good to be running around =
with hot=20
sensors and weak IR every game.<<<</DIV >
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" >
<DIV >"Tavas" <<A =
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]" >[email protected]</A>>=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:BBC2A5C8.419B%[email protected]" >news:BBC2A5C8.419B%[email protected]=
hoo.com</A >...</DIV><B>ToT</B>,=20
as always, was a fun tournament. We need <I >more</I> frantic events! =
The '6=20
pack set' thing has got to go, though. It creates too much of a home =
team=20
advantage by limiting how quickly visitors can learn the packs during =
the=20
course of the tournament, and more importantly, it seems to bring out =
the=20
variations in the pack sets way too much. The best of 6 sets versus =
the worse=20
just seems to be a much more extreme mismatch than the best versus the =
worst=20
of 3 sets. It does make for some upsets, which is kind of neat in a =
way, but I=20
think it hurts the tournament more than it helps. Otherwise, I had no=20
complaints about the way the tournament was run. <BR ><BR><I>I still =
think you=20
are all a bunch of big diaper-babies for raising the shot cap, though, =

hehe!<BR ></I><BR>Hmmm...what else do I have to say? <BR><BR>Well, =
first of=20
all, big congratulations to the <B >Whoop Donkeys</B> for defeating =
unTAGables=20
and Destruktor. So much for the arguments of those who complain about =
how=20
impossible it is to beat "stacked god teams." Tulsa is turning into =
something=20
of a god team itself these days. <I >This makes 3 consecutive =
tournament=20
victories and counting </I >(Va. Beach, BOTR, ToT) <I>for the =
Donkeys</I > as=20
they roll towards Memphis next month and Southern Regionals next=20
year...<BR ><BR><B>UnTAGables</B> seemed like the classiest team at the =

tournament to me. It was nice to briefly encounter <B ><I>Laz</I></B> =
in person=20
and say "sorry" for that "random jackass" comment on this NG, even =
though he=20
didn't seem too confident of my sincerity, hehe. He and =
<B ><I>Sid</I></B>=20
stepped right in to fill out this team in style. Anyway, I have really =
enjoyed=20
the games I have played against this group of guys lately in Austin =
and in=20
ToT. 2nd place is about as low as I expect them to ever finish for =
quite some=20
time if they keep playing tournaments together, and part of that can =
be=20
attributed to Tulsa's truly unique maze and to ToT's format. There is =
really=20
no need to even bother giving any more props to <B ><I>Capri</I></B>,=20
<B ><I>NME</I></B>, and <B><I>Lollipop</I></B> at this point, but here =
they are=20
anyway: top-notch job as always, y'all, both individually and as a =
team. Hail=20
to the King! <BR ><BR><B>Destruktor's</B> (NRH + Uleb and Showtime) =
march into=20
the finals surprised some people, but the success was well-deserved. =
The NRH=20
people's chemistry is getting better with every tournament! Huge =
individual=20
props to<B ><I> Blue Flame</I></B> for taking 5th place with pack 4, =
which was=20
one of the worst in the building. Weak IR, flaming-hot shoulders, but =
she=20
still found her points. Twisted has to be one of the most improved =
team=20
players in the region--he found his individual game last year, but =
this year=20
it has all been about refinement.<BR ><BR><B>Lincoln:</B> these guys =
clobbered=20
us, just like they did in Regionals. No Nepenthe? No problem. Everyone =
at the=20
tournament had nothng but raves for this team, and especially for=20
<B ><I>Pretender</I></B>. I was surprised they weren't in the finals, =
but=20
strange things happen at ToT. <I >Lincoln is the shiny red pace car of =
the=20
Southern Region.<BR ></I><BR><B>Parastack:</B> well, I had my best game =
of the=20
tournament against the Mules/Denver/Aunt Lou, but it wasn't enough to =
help my=20
team pull the upset. Still, that was a ferocious tower battle! Anyway, =
good=20
job making it to the consolation round in what was a very tough =
tournament.=20
Maybe slipping to fifth will make you guys appreciate all those 4ths =
you've=20
gotten in the past a bit more, hehe. From what I recall of the =
numbers, your=20
team was very close to being in the finals. That is doubly=20
impressive.<BR ><BR><B>Jim Dandees </B>(dunno if I spelled that =
right)<B >:</B>=20
It's always great to see/play y'all. Top 6 is impressive, especially =
with 2=20
"trainees" on the team. Big mojo for <B ><I>00 Fatboy</I></B>, who =
scored over=20
700 at least twice that I know of. Roll on.<BR ><BR><B>Downer's =
Grove:</B > well=20
we got bit by that best versus worst of the 6 pack sets thing in our =
game=20
against this team, just like UnTAGables did in the only prelim game =
they lost.=20
I am sure it happened to this team too in some game. The 6 pack sets =
just=20
makes it impossible to tell what was really going in some of those =
games.=20
Still, it was a good, clean game up in that right tower, and you moved =
past us=20
in the standings on the strength of it. Well done.<BR ><BR><B>OKC =
</B >(Sonja's=20
team)<B >:</B> Good job, y'all! You were within striking distance of =
the top 6=20
but just couldn't quite sneak in there. I think that good, solid team =
play=20
by<B ><I> </I></B>Black Bat and Red<B><I> </I></B>Sonja made this team =
into=20
something of a surprise for many of their opponents. I know they =
really beat=20
my team down when we played head to head, and they did it by =
outplaying us=20
with a weak pack set that we had just used ourselves in the previous =
game.=20
Mega-props to <B ><I>Skywise</I></B> for posting a 1st, a 2nd, 2 3rds, =
a 7th=20
and an 11th. He may not be at the top in scoring, but his ranking =
average of=20
4.5 for these 15-player games is impressive. Like a fine wine, he just =
gets=20
better with age, hehe. Also, lots of praise for their super-sub=20
<B ><I>Interstate</I></B>, who (in Skywise's words) "took whatever pack =
we=20
handed him and did well with it." Thanks for filling out their team, =
State.=20
<BR ><BR><B>OKC </B>(my team)<B>: </B>well, we played our best early on =
against=20
some of the tougher teams and then we slipped when we got into the =
easier part=20
of our schedule. That is kind of frustrating. Good job to Jammer (who =
had=20
never played Tulsa's heinously complex maze before) for bouncing back =
with his=20
best game of the tournament right after getting put negative the game =
before.=20
That is the kind of mental toughness we are looking for. Nice job to =
for=20
steady-scoring <B ><I>Scorcho</I></B> (aka Scout) too--you get better =
with=20
every tournament, kiddo. Special thanks to Hedgehog for filling in for =
MIA=20
laserOZZY and putting up some nice numbers. Extra special thanks to=20
<B ><I>Xuvios</I></B>, a great comrade in arms, for handling the packs =
on the=20
fly and for martyring himself with total crap the whole tournament. =
That=20
strategy is gonna have to change in the future, though; you, my =
friend, are=20
too good to be running around with hot sensors and weak IR every game. =

Finally, <B ><I>Catspaw</I></B>, who played for the Denver B guys, had =
(yet=20
another) rock-solid tournament. Well-done, Alex.<BR ><BR>To everyone I =
didn't=20
mention here: every game was fun, clean and well-played. I hope to see =
you all=20
next year at ToT.<BR ><BR><B>--Tavas/OKC: =
<I >NoMoreLies<BR></I></B><BR>P.S. If=20
y'all will change ToT's name to TiT, I will use "Tavas TiTT" as my =
codename=20
for the event, and maybe I will even go get a cowboy hat like Travis =
Tritt=20
wears. If that isn't a silly enough reason to change the name of the=20
tournamentl, I don't know what =
is...<BR ><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C39CB8.B490A640--

28 Oct 2003 04:52:11
Showtime
Re: ToT By Tavas

No, I just can't afford the time off work for the 24 hour round trip.
Plus, I doubt my car would make it, and I don't have a team. I'm all
for Lincoln and the Dallas draft tourny(whenever they have it) and
then the 3 man of course:)

Showtime

"Xuvios" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Are you going to be going to Memphis???
>
> ~X~
> The Abyssmal
>

> "Showtime" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Why, thanks Tavas. That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to
> > me:) The NRHers are going to be good next year. They just keep getting
> > better. If you guys keep improving, you're going to really turn some
> > heads next year. I'm glad Interstate helped you guys out, he's great
> > at any tournament not named "regionals" or "NAC". Hope to see you at
> > the next great southern slaughterfest:)
> >
> > Showtime
> >

> > Tavas <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<BBC2A717.419E%[email protected]>...
> > > in article BBC2A5C8.419B%[email protected], Tavas at [email protected]
> wrote
> > > on 10/27/03 10:36 AM:
> > >
> > > Destruktor's (NRH + Uleb and Showtime) march into the finals surprised
> some
> > > people, but the success was well-deserved. The NRH people's chemistry is
> > > getting better with every tournament! Huge individual props to Blue
> Flame
> > > for taking 5th place with pack 4, which was one of the worst in the
> > > building. Weak IR, flaming-hot shoulders, but she still found her
> points.
> > > [Twisted] has to be one of the most improved team players in the
> region--he
> > > found his individual game last year, but this year it has all been about
> > > refinement [for him].

> > > also meant to mention 'mo, who has become one of NRH's key players, both
> > > individually and as a team player. He won't stay under the radar much
> longer
> > > at this rate.
> > >
> > > Also, hail to the same old solid, reliable Showtime and Uleb, whose
> pictures
> > > are prominent in the gallery of images used to illustrate the word
> > > "consistency" in the LQ dictionary.
> > >
> > > --Tavas/OKC: NoMoreLies
> > >

> > > --

29 Oct 2003 18:24:41
Tavas
Re: ToT By Tavas

in article [email protected], Showtime at

> Why, thanks Tavas. That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to
> me:) The NRHers are going to be good next year. They just keep getting
> better. If you guys keep improving, you're going to really turn some
> heads next year. I'm glad Interstate helped you guys out, he's great
> at any tournament not named "regionals" or "NAC". Hope to see you at
> the next great southern slaughterfest:)
>
> Showtime

=== > I am not always mean and cynical. Occasionally I can be downright
gracious. It depends on (doctor-prescribed) medication, hehe.

We plan to turn heads, but time will tell.

I seem to remember Interstate being pretty damn mighty in at least one
regional game this year. That was the one we lost to your team by 29 points
or so. I think he had a 697 in that game. Whatever it was, it was first
place.

I hope y'all will be able to play in regionals. Good luck with that.

--Tav

31 Oct 2003 04:49:45
Showtime
Re: ToT By Tavas

Yeah, he had a huge score, then never scored above 200 the rest of the
weekend. It makes me want to cry.

Showtime

Tavas <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<BBC5B668.421A%[email protected]>...
> in article [email protected], Showtime at
> [email protected] wrote on 10/27/03 4:41 PM:
>
> > Why, thanks Tavas. That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to
> > me:) The NRHers are going to be good next year. They just keep getting
> > better. If you guys keep improving, you're going to really turn some
> > heads next year. I'm glad Interstate helped you guys out, he's great
> > at any tournament not named "regionals" or "NAC". Hope to see you at
> > the next great southern slaughterfest:)
> >
> > Showtime
>
> ===> I am not always mean and cynical. Occasionally I can be downright
> gracious. It depends on (doctor-prescribed) medication, hehe.
>
> We plan to turn heads, but time will tell.
>
> I seem to remember Interstate being pretty damn mighty in at least one
> regional game this year. That was the one we lost to your team by 29 points
> or so. I think he had a 697 in that game. Whatever it was, it was first
> place.
>
> I hope y'all will be able to play in regionals. Good luck with that.
>
> --Tav

31 Oct 2003 10:23:09
STATE-OF-MIND
Re: ToT By Tavas

[email protected] (Showtime) wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...
> Yeah, he had a huge score, then never scored above 200 the rest of the
> weekend. It makes me want to cry.
>
> Showtime

true i had 2 games below 200, and i believe a couple 300 pt games that
should have been 500 pt games considering the packs i was given :/ I
had a sub par weekend, and i leaned to heavy on practicing shoulder
quest

aside from that you may or may not have have known but i was playing
with a blown out back the last day for a team who's "courage hung by a
thread" lotr
(another reason that i thought i could not play anymore)

so i did not say anything.

aside from those excuses, i could have done better
:)

staten
ilse que dub k

01 Nov 2003 04:44:55
Showtime
Re: ToT By Tavas

I know, I know. It wasn't your fault. We ALL sucked. It's just that
this years regionals is like a festering wound in my gut. Everytime I
think about it I get angry, and then sad, and then angry again. You
need to hit me up anyway fool, we need to do some planning.

Showtime

[email protected] (STATE-OF-MIND) wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...
> [email protected] (Showtime) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Yeah, he had a huge score, then never scored above 200 the rest of the
> > weekend. It makes me want to cry.
> >
> > Showtime
> >

> true i had 2 games below 200, and i believe a couple 300 pt games that
> should have been 500 pt games considering the packs i was given :/ I
> had a sub par weekend, and i leaned to heavy on practicing shoulder
> quest
>
> aside from that you may or may not have have known but i was playing
> with a blown out back the last day for a team who's "courage hung by a
> thread" lotr
> (another reason that i thought i could not play anymore)
>
> so i did not say anything.
>
> aside from those excuses, i could have done better
> :)
>

> staten
> ilse que dub k

01 Nov 2003 14:45:10

[email protected] wrote on 11/1/03 6:44 AM:

> I know, I know. It wasn't your fault. We ALL sucked. It's just that
> this years regionals is like a festering wound in my gut. Everytime I
> think about it I get angry, and then sad, and then angry again.

=== > That perfectly describes my own feelings after most of the important
tournaments OKC has played in up until the last couple of years. Since then
everything is right on track and going according to plan, hehe.

Of course, 'angry', 'sad' and 'angry again' also describe a high percentage
of my feelings about pretty much everything, both public and private, so
that may not be much of a suprise...

; )

--Tav

P.S. Anyone else hear about the kid who survived a tour of duty in Iraq only
to be gunned down (seemingly at random) at his own 'welcome home' barbeque?
He died in his dad's arms. True story. Have a happy and productive day!