24 Jan 2004 11:02:43
Malice
Western Teams!

Attn:
Calgary
Colorado Springs
Edmonton
Federal Way
Fresno
Fullerton
Las Vegas
Mesa
Modesto
Mt View
Phoenix
Regina
Salt Lake City
Spokane

Last year we only had 12 teams play in the Regional (which is a joke),
so we barely advanced five of them.

At this rate, somebody is going to have a really good understanding of
what NRH went through last year.

Right now I am seriously concerned the West will have like 10 teams (and
I don't think even 12 will get you 5 spots this year). The West really
needs at least 14 - and there's no reason we couldn't have more than that if
players put some effort into it.

Colorado Springs, I'm sure, will have a team - but you guys need to work on
getting those B team players going, too.

Salt Lake City - there is NO excuse for not having an A and a B team when
it's in your home center - but you guys need to take an active role to make
sure it happens. You had two teams last year, can we count on two this
year?

Mesa - you need to get a team together.

Phoenix - I expect you'll have a team despite the earlier talk, although I
assume the B team chances are nil?

Federal Way - from the talk on LQArena, you should have a team - any chance
of two?

Fullerton - you guys are always there, but any chance of a B team?

Calgary - any chance of you guys playing again?

Spokane - of course you need to come back - how's the B team status?

Las Vegas - you guys didn't have a B team in your own center - time to make
amends - but like I said above, you have to take an active role to make that
happen.

Mt View - of course you'll be there, but it seems there are enough players
to get a B team together.

Modesto and/or Fresno - come on, it's been forever since you guys
participated. Somebody over there needs to take the bull by the horns and
get it done this year.

Edmonton - there have to be players up there. Edmonton has been the longest
no-show from the West. Can somebody correct that?

Regina - any chance of you guys playing again?

] MALICE [

24 Jan 2004 15:48:25
Fleury14
Re: Western Teams!

>Modesto and/or Fresno - come on, it's been forever since you guys
>participated. Somebody over there needs to take the bull by the horns and
>get it done this year.
>

> ] MALICE [

We HAD a team last year, and we were ready to go. Our registration was
a day late. We also had one in 2002.

I'd say that the chances of a team are 50/50.

Fleury14
LQ Fresno
Go Flames!

24 Jan 2004 09:01:19
Kool Keith
Re: Western Teams!

FW might have 2 teams, had it been in Washington we think we could
have put 3 together. No chance of Spokane having 2 teams, they're
gonna have to struggle to get 1. We have a former Edmonton player here
with a friend in Regina who is trying to put a team together there.

Kool Keith

24 Jan 2004 20:11:12
ChowYnPhat
Re: Western Teams!

Well John right now we have 12 active members. We have been taking steps
trying to recruit people. We go to lock-ins, usually an older crowd who
likes to play a lot of LQ. Unfortunatley 2 people that were on the team last
year are not trying out so that lessened a chance of a B team. We are
working hard to get one going but for now only expect 1.

ChowYnPhat
MVLQ 99-04
"Malice" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:nhsQb.9914$U%[email protected]_s03...
> Attn:
> Calgary
> Colorado Springs
> Edmonton
> Federal Way
> Fresno
> Fullerton
> Las Vegas
> Mesa
> Modesto
> Mt View
> Phoenix
> Regina
> Salt Lake City
> Spokane
>
> Last year we only had 12 teams play in the Regional (which is a joke),
> so we barely advanced five of them.
>
> At this rate, somebody is going to have a really good understanding of
> what NRH went through last year.
>
> Right now I am seriously concerned the West will have like 10 teams
(and
> I don't think even 12 will get you 5 spots this year). The West really
> needs at least 14 - and there's no reason we couldn't have more than that
if
> players put some effort into it.
>
> Colorado Springs, I'm sure, will have a team - but you guys need to work
on
> getting those B team players going, too.
>
> Salt Lake City - there is NO excuse for not having an A and a B team when
> it's in your home center - but you guys need to take an active role to
make
> sure it happens. You had two teams last year, can we count on two this
> year?
>
> Mesa - you need to get a team together.
>
> Phoenix - I expect you'll have a team despite the earlier talk, although I
> assume the B team chances are nil?
>
> Federal Way - from the talk on LQArena, you should have a team - any
chance
> of two?
>
> Fullerton - you guys are always there, but any chance of a B team?
>
> Calgary - any chance of you guys playing again?
>
> Spokane - of course you need to come back - how's the B team status?
>
> Las Vegas - you guys didn't have a B team in your own center - time to
make
> amends - but like I said above, you have to take an active role to make
that
> happen.
>
> Mt View - of course you'll be there, but it seems there are enough players
> to get a B team together.
>
> Modesto and/or Fresno - come on, it's been forever since you guys
> participated. Somebody over there needs to take the bull by the horns and
> get it done this year.
>
> Edmonton - there have to be players up there. Edmonton has been the
longest
> no-show from the West. Can somebody correct that?
>
> Regina - any chance of you guys playing again?
>
> ] MALICE [

24 Jan 2004 16:22:31
WhirlWind;
Re: Western Teams!

"Malice" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<nhsQb.9914$U%[email protected]_s03>...
> Attn:
> Calgary
> Colorado Springs
> Edmonton
> Federal Way
> Fresno
> Fullerton
> Las Vegas
> Mesa
> Modesto
> Mt View
> Phoenix
> Regina
> Salt Lake City
> Spokane
>
> Last year we only had 12 teams play in the Regional (which is a joke),
> so we barely advanced five of them.
>
> At this rate, somebody is going to have a really good understanding of
> what NRH went through last year.
>
> Right now I am seriously concerned the West will have like 10 teams (and
> I don't think even 12 will get you 5 spots this year). The West really
> needs at least 14 - and there's no reason we couldn't have more than that if
> players put some effort into it.
>
> Colorado Springs, I'm sure, will have a team - but you guys need to work on
> getting those B team players going, too.
>
> Salt Lake City - there is NO excuse for not having an A and a B team when
> it's in your home center - but you guys need to take an active role to make
> sure it happens. You had two teams last year, can we count on two this
> year?
>
> Mesa - you need to get a team together.
>
> Phoenix - I expect you'll have a team despite the earlier talk, although I
> assume the B team chances are nil?
>
> Federal Way - from the talk on LQArena, you should have a team - any chance
> of two?
>
> Fullerton - you guys are always there, but any chance of a B team?
>
> Calgary - any chance of you guys playing again?
>
> Spokane - of course you need to come back - how's the B team status?
>
> Las Vegas - you guys didn't have a B team in your own center - time to make
> amends - but like I said above, you have to take an active role to make that
> happen.
>
> Mt View - of course you'll be there, but it seems there are enough players
> to get a B team together.
>
> Modesto and/or Fresno - come on, it's been forever since you guys
> participated. Somebody over there needs to take the bull by the horns and
> get it done this year.
>
> Edmonton - there have to be players up there. Edmonton has been the longest
> no-show from the West. Can somebody correct that?
>
> Regina - any chance of you guys playing again?
>
> ] MALICE [

This goes for EVERY REGION. The South especially!!! Try Your best to send B Teams!!

25 Jan 2004 08:20:12
Transformr
Re: Western Teams!

"Kool Keith" wrote :
> FW might have 2 teams, had it been in Washington we think we could
> have put 3 together. No chance of Spokane having 2 teams, they're
> gonna have to struggle to get 1. We have a former Edmonton player here
> with a friend in Regina who is trying to put a team together there.
>
> Kool Keith

Whose the former Edmonton player in Federal Way and is his friend Six
Shooter in Regina?

Transformr
LQ Calgary

25 Jan 2004 07:27:53
Kool Keith
Re: Western Teams!

"Transformr" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<0%[email protected]>...
> "Kool Keith" wrote :
> > FW might have 2 teams, had it been in Washington we think we could
> > have put 3 together. No chance of Spokane having 2 teams, they're
> > gonna have to struggle to get 1. We have a former Edmonton player here
> > with a friend in Regina who is trying to put a team together there.
> >
> > Kool Keith
>
> Whose the former Edmonton player in Federal Way and is his friend Six
> Shooter in Regina?
>
> Transformr
> LQ Calgary

Ogopogo, formerly Plague. I dunno if that's his friend or not but I
could ask. You guys going to regionals and/or GOTC?

25 Jan 2004 21:42:25
n. papajorgio
Re: Western Teams!

| Fullerton - you guys are always there, but any chance of a B team?
|
| ] MALICE [

hahaha, i'm trying to scrounge up a b team....
i doubt the a team will pay any money to try out, practice, play regionals.

--
~Papajorgio
Vegas 5 Man

26 Jan 2004 02:37:28
Hollow-pt.
Re: Western Teams!

are you guys going to have a B team?
"WhirlWind;" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [...]
make
> > amends - but like I said above, you have to take an active role to make
that
> > happen.
> >
> > Mt View - of course you'll be there, but it seems there are enough
players
> > to get a B team together.
> >
> > Modesto and/or Fresno - come on, it's been forever since you guys
> > participated. Somebody over there needs to take the bull by the horns
and
> > get it done this year.
> >
> > Edmonton - there have to be players up there. Edmonton has been the
longest
> > no-show from the West. Can somebody correct that?
> >
> > Regina - any chance of you guys playing again?
> >
> > ] MALICE [
>
> This goes for EVERY REGION. The South especially!!! Try Your best to send

26 Jan 2004 09:14:49
Transformr
Re: Western Teams!

"Kool Keith" wrote:
> Ogopogo, formerly Plague. I dunno if that's his friend or not but I
> could ask. You guys going to regionals and/or GOTC?

You don't have to ask him. We are going to regionals and GOTC.

Transformr
LQ Calgary

26 Jan 2004 12:20:00
Nate
Re: Western Teams!

> Phoenix - I expect you'll have a team despite the earlier talk, although I
> assume the B team chances are nil?

There are a lot of rumblings about a B team. It will be full of brand
new members, but it could happen.

0 0 7

26 Jan 2004 12:20:53
Nate
Re: Western Teams!

> Well John right now we have 12 active members. We have been taking steps
> trying to recruit people. We go to lock-ins, usually an older crowd who
> likes to play a lot of LQ. Unfortunatley 2 people that were on the team last
> year are not trying out so that lessened a chance of a B team. We are
> working hard to get one going but for now only expect 1.
>
> ChowYnPhat

Who dropped? Why?

0 0 7

26 Jan 2004 13:51:22
WhirlWind;
Re: Western Teams!

"Hollow-pt." <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [...]
> make
> > > amends - but like I said above, you have to take an active role to make
> that
> > > happen.
> > >
> > > Mt View - of course you'll be there, but it seems there are enough
> players
> > > to get a B team together.
> > >
> > > Modesto and/or Fresno - come on, it's been forever since you guys
> > > participated. Somebody over there needs to take the bull by the horns
> and
> > > get it done this year.
> > >
> > > Edmonton - there have to be players up there. Edmonton has been the
> longest
> > > no-show from the West. Can somebody correct that?
> > >
> > > Regina - any chance of you guys playing again?
> > >
> > > ] MALICE [
> >
> > This goes for EVERY REGION. The South especially!!! Try Your best to send

we are trying to get as many as we can but you know how it goes. If we
are lucky we can manage to send 3 teams from the dfw area.

26 Jan 2004 16:36:01
-Servo-
Re: Western Teams!

> Mesa - you need to get a team together.

We will have a team.

Servo

27 Jan 2004 04:31:55
Malice
Re: Western Teams!

"Fleury14" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> We HAD a team last year, and we were ready to go. Our registration was
> a day late. We also had one in 2002.
>
> I'd say that the chances of a team are 50/50.
>
> Fleury14

I really hope you guys are there. That registration thing was b.s., but
that's one more reason you shouldn't let it prevent you from being there
this year. You kind of got cheated out of it last year, you may as well
make sure you get in on the fun this year.

You know it will take somebody organizing everybody and pushing it
through. And I bet I even know who that somebody should be.

] MALICE [

27 Jan 2004 04:34:54
Malice
Re: Western Teams!

"Kool Keith" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> FW might have 2 teams, had it been in Washington we think we could
> have put 3 together.

Hell, two teams is awesome! And if you guys improve even half as much
this year as you did last year, one of those teams will be advancing.

> No chance of Spokane having 2 teams, they're
> gonna have to struggle to get 1. We have a former Edmonton player here
> with a friend in Regina who is trying to put a team together there.

That's cool. It's what it takes. Somebody has to do the work to make
it happen. I can't imagine we could help that much in any way - but if
there is a way, let me know.

] MALICE [

27 Jan 2004 04:37:04
Malice
Re: Western Teams!

"ChowYnPhat" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...
> Well John right now we have 12 active members.

Yeah, I can see how it would be hard to make two teams out of 12
players. What happened to all those people who were on Mt. View "A" two
years ago?

> We have been taking steps
> trying to recruit people.

Speaking of which, I better e-mail off that Prometheus stuff to you.
When you do it, it's good to get a poster up each week (and hand outs if
you're organized enough - that invite people to play).

] MALICE [

27 Jan 2004 04:37:45
Malice
Re: Western Teams!

"-Servo-" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> > Mesa - you need to get a team together.
>
> We will have a team.
>
> Servo

Awesome!!!

] MALICE [

27 Jan 2004 08:54:04
Fleury14
Re: Western Teams!

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:31:55 GMT, "Malice"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"Fleury14" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>>
>> We HAD a team last year, and we were ready to go. Our registration was
>> a day late. We also had one in 2002.
>>
>> I'd say that the chances of a team are 50/50.
>>
>> Fleury14
>
> I really hope you guys are there. That registration thing was b.s., but
>that's one more reason you shouldn't let it prevent you from being there
>this year. You kind of got cheated out of it last year, you may as well
>make sure you get in on the fun this year.
>
> You know it will take somebody organizing everybody and pushing it
>through. And I bet I even know who that somebody should be.
>
> ] MALICE [

I appreciate it. If I have to crack the bull whip to get these guys to
pay on time, I will.

Fleury14
LQ Fresno
Go Flames!

27 Jan 2004 18:59:28
ChowYnPhat
Re: Western Teams!

Excellent we are looking forward to prometheus.

chow

"Malice" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s52...
> "ChowYnPhat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s02...
> > Well John right now we have 12 active members.
>
> Yeah, I can see how it would be hard to make two teams out of 12
> players. What happened to all those people who were on Mt. View "A" two
> years ago?
>
> > We have been taking steps
> > trying to recruit people.
>
> Speaking of which, I better e-mail off that Prometheus stuff to you.
> When you do it, it's good to get a poster up each week (and hand outs if
> you're organized enough - that invite people to play).
>
> ] MALICE [

27 Jan 2004 18:59:44
ChowYnPhat
Re: Western Teams!

J-Rou and Lemonaide wont be playing again this year.

chow

"Nate" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> > Well John right now we have 12 active members. We have been taking steps
> > trying to recruit people. We go to lock-ins, usually an older crowd who
> > likes to play a lot of LQ. Unfortunatley 2 people that were on the team
last
> > year are not trying out so that lessened a chance of a B team. We are
> > working hard to get one going but for now only expect 1.
> >
> > ChowYnPhat
>
> Who dropped? Why?
>

> 0 0 7

31 Jan 2004 15:21:14
Heartless
Re: Western Teams!

Malice wrote:

> Mesa - you need to get a team together.

We're in. It may not be what you're used to, but then, we never are.

- H