12 Sep 2007 18:51:36
Snowshoe, WV

Anyone have any personal experience skiing western territory of
Snowshoe, WV? If so, please advise as to the level of difficulty.

13 Sep 2007 20:37:28
Goldsmiths
Re: Snowshoe, WV

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Anyone have any personal experience skiing western territory of
> Snowshoe, WV? If so, please advise as to the level of difficulty.

depends on conditions. Those trails are narrow and somewhat steep. If
they're icy, they can be a bit challenging.

15 Sep 2007 10:24:40
Brent Harsh
Re: Snowshoe, WV

Goldsmiths wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>Anyone have any personal experience skiing western territory of
>>Snowshoe, WV? If so, please advise as to the level of difficulty.

> depends on conditions. Those trails are narrow and somewhat steep. If
> they're icy, they can be a bit challenging.

Just a bit, though. They mark them double-black, but when I ski Snowshoe, that's about all I ever ski, just making fast laps. In contrast, I've skiied at Banff/Lake Louise almost every year for the past 5 or 10 years, and this past winter was the first time I ever threw myself off onto a double-black off of the summit platter. It was a blast and challenging my skill level (not great), but I laughed when I compared that run against my two "home mountain"s two double-blacks in the Western Territory. No comparison in difficulty.

I would say that Cupp Run really compares to a western downhill course that's made up of linked blues and blacks, but it seems shorter. Shea's is even easier except for one short and steep drop, which can be pretty nasty in the icy-frozen-moguls of the east coast, but there's a really long flat leading up to it so keep your speed. I usually skip it unless there's lots of fresh snow.

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO /" ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Say
bharsh at ncroadrunner / NO to HTML in email and news.