21 Aug 2005 21:21:22
mikeyc
A5-Flatline question

I bought an A5 with a flatline for $100 (guy said he could get it to
work after he took it apart, DUH put all the parts back in it
correctly right)

Anyways I was looking at the marker and noticed that with the flatline
it doesnt appear that I can place another barrel onto the marker am I
missing a part and if so can I buy just that part and where might I
find that part.

I am looking to turn it into a mod marker
(like those found at http://www.opsgear.com )

22 Aug 2005 10:02:11
BaaL
Re: A5-Flatline question

mikeyc <[email protected] > has this craizy idea that:

> I bought an A5 with a flatline for $100 (guy said he could get it to
> work after he took it apart, DUH put all the parts back in it
> correctly right)
>
> Anyways I was looking at the marker and noticed that with the flatline
> it doesnt appear that I can place another barrel onto the marker am I
> missing a part and if so can I buy just that part and where might I
> find that part.
>
> I am looking to turn it into a mod marker
> (like those found at http://www.opsgear.com )

AFAIK (try a5og.org for confirmation) you're not missing a part.. flatline
comes with a barrel adapter that needs to be removed if you want to put a
normal barrel in it again... note that most of the mod at opsgear use an a-5
WITH the flatline so check it out before buying a new barrel

--
Although I can tell you what is not, I cannot tell you what is.
That my friend, you will have to find out all by yourself,

22 Aug 2005 12:54:54
Hardtime
Re: A5-Flatline question

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:21:22 -0700, mikeyc <[email protected] > wrote:

>I bought an A5 with a flatline for $100 (guy said he could get it to
>work after he took it apart, DUH put all the parts back in it
>correctly right)
>
>Anyways I was looking at the marker and noticed that with the flatline
>it doesnt appear that I can place another barrel onto the marker am I
>missing a part and if so can I buy just that part and where might I
>find that part.
>
>I am looking to turn it into a mod marker
>(like those found at http://www.opsgear.com )

The Flatline at a minimum comes with the flatline barrel, barrel
adapter/insert and barrel plug or barrel condom (bag).

Make sure you properly align it and seat it into the adapter all the
way. That is it. It is very simple to put on and then you need to
browse this newsgroup are the forums like www.A5OG.netorg
Which is a great forum for A-5 owners. There is also
www.specialopspaintball.com which is great for scenario paintball.

22 Aug 2005 09:57:38
mikeyc
Re: A5-Flatline question

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:54:54 GMT, Hardtime <[email protected] >
wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:21:22 -0700, mikeyc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I bought an A5 with a flatline for $100 (guy said he could get it to
>>work after he took it apart, DUH put all the parts back in it
>>correctly right)
>>
>>Anyways I was looking at the marker and noticed that with the flatline
>>it doesnt appear that I can place another barrel onto the marker am I
>>missing a part and if so can I buy just that part and where might I
>>find that part.
>>
>>I am looking to turn it into a mod marker
>>(like those found at http://www.opsgear.com )
>
>The Flatline at a minimum comes with the flatline barrel, barrel
>adapter/insert and barrel plug or barrel condom (bag).
>
>Make sure you properly align it and seat it into the adapter all the
>way. That is it. It is very simple to put on and then you need to
>browse this newsgroup are the forums like www.A5OG.netorg
>Which is a great forum for A-5 owners. There is also
>www.specialopspaintball.com which is great for scenario paintball.

Baal and Hardtime thanks for the info, I couldn't find any info on the
flatline and did not know.

The senerio kit I am looking at uses a normal barrel.