23 Sep 2003 23:19:32
Dustin
Field Design

Hello,

I need some ideas on how I should set up my field I am making. The
field it self is just an open field with woods all around it. Some of the
woods are going to be used in certain games we might play. If you could give
me ideas on how to set the field up I would really be thankful.

Re: Field Design

"Dustin" <[email protected] > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Hello,
>
> I need some ideas on how I should set up my field I am making.
> The
> field it self is just an open field with woods all around it. Some of
> the woods are going to be used in certain games we might play. If you
> could give me ideas on how to set the field up I would really be
> thankful.

i'm not that long in the 'modern game' -- old schooler from way back but
only got into it again recently. One thing that would be cool is a
relatively easy method for changing the terrain. Can you make semi-mobile
bunkers? Just from what fields i've been on, they are static so people who
'know the field' have a huge advantage. It'd be cool if you could spend a
day or two and remake the field so the regulars got a few surprises once in
a while.

just something to keep in mind

24 Sep 2003 00:45:33
LCT Paintball
Re: Field Design

I like to use small square hay or straw bales. They are easy to move and you
can build anything you want like giant legos.

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com

"z" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Dustin" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need some ideas on how I should set up my field I am making.
> > The
> > field it self is just an open field with woods all around it. Some of
> > the woods are going to be used in certain games we might play. If you
> > could give me ideas on how to set the field up I would really be
> > thankful.
> >

> i'm not that long in the 'modern game' -- old schooler from way back but
> only got into it again recently. One thing that would be cool is a
> relatively easy method for changing the terrain. Can you make semi-mobile
> bunkers? Just from what fields i've been on, they are static so people
who
> 'know the field' have a huge advantage. It'd be cool if you could spend a
> day or two and remake the field so the regulars got a few surprises once
in
> a while.
>
> just something to keep in mind

24 Sep 2003 00:48:26
Dustin
Re: Field Design

That is a good idea I will have to do that
"z" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Dustin" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need some ideas on how I should set up my field I am making.
> > The
> > field it self is just an open field with woods all around it. Some of
> > the woods are going to be used in certain games we might play. If you
> > could give me ideas on how to set the field up I would really be
> > thankful.
> >

> i'm not that long in the 'modern game' -- old schooler from way back but
> only got into it again recently. One thing that would be cool is a
> relatively easy method for changing the terrain. Can you make semi-mobile
> bunkers? Just from what fields i've been on, they are static so people
who
> 'know the field' have a huge advantage. It'd be cool if you could spend a
> day or two and remake the field so the regulars got a few surprises once
in
> a while.
>
> just something to keep in mind

23 Sep 2003 09:29:56
Daniel Martin
Re: Field Design

I recently scored some sheets of plywood that had holes the size of
softballs every 8-12 inches or so. Tthese are great for forts, bunkers et.c
as they provide some, but not total coverage, and allow you to shoot and be
shot through. Very portable. just lean then against a tree. the could also
be supported by 2X4s in an L shape and one on the 45degree.

Dan

news:[email protected]