07 Dec 2007 11:53:27
Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
Finally got thunderbird to work

With some help from the folks over at rec.aquaria.marine.reefs I was
able to set up t-bird with motzarella...so it looks like I have my
killfile...now if I can just figure out how to use this stupid thing...

08 Dec 2007 13:56:34
BEEFJERKYHUNTER
Re: Finally got thunderbird to work

On Dec 7, 9:53 am, "Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)"
<[email protected] > wrote:
> With some help from the folks over at rec.aquaria.marine.reefs I was
> able to set up t-bird with motzarella...so it looks like I have my
> killfile...now if I can just figure out how to use this stupid thing...

Sometimes setting up Thunderbird is a pain, but it's suppose to be
really nice once it works.

09 Dec 2007 22:31:50
Jeff Goslin
Re: Finally got thunderbird to work

See this is why open source sucks and commercial software will ALWAYS be
better. Hate em or not, microsoft puts out products that WORK, out of the
box, first time, no experience necessary. Why in the WORLD would you want
to put this hackneyed software on your personal computer when you lack the
experience to get it running without serious assistance? It's a CLEAR
indication that you lack the requisite computer skill that you necessarily
need in order to run these open source hack job piece of shit softwares.
For computer geeks who want to run MySQL and Linux and Mozilla and all this
crap, you know what, they can fix their own shit, so more power to em, they
like spending their time fixing bullshit crap on their PC's. What possible
reason could YOU have for doing the same thing, except to truly experience
frustration and annoyance at a level heretofore unheard of? Are you a
masochist? If that's the case, welcome to paradise.

--
Jeff Goslin
www.goslin.info

"Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> With some help from the folks over at rec.aquaria.marine.reefs I was able
> to set up t-bird with motzarella...so it looks like I have my
> killfile...now if I can just figure out how to use this stupid thing...

10 Dec 2007 10:16:46
Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)

Jeff Goslin wrote:
> See this is why open source sucks and commercial software will ALWAYS be
> better. Hate em or not, microsoft puts out products that WORK, out of the
> box, first time, no experience necessary. Why in the WORLD would you want
> to put this hackneyed software on your personal computer when you lack the
> experience to get it running without serious assistance? It's a CLEAR
> indication that you lack the requisite computer skill that you necessarily
> need in order to run these open source hack job piece of shit softwares.
> For computer geeks who want to run MySQL and Linux and Mozilla and all this
> crap, you know what, they can fix their own shit, so more power to em, they
> like spending their time fixing bullshit crap on their PC's. What possible
> reason could YOU have for doing the same thing, except to truly experience
> frustration and annoyance at a level heretofore unheard of? Are you a
> masochist? If that's the case, welcome to paradise.

Jeff,
Have you been hitting the crack pipe a bit too much? I work in IT
dude...doens't mean I have extensive knowledge of NG readers. In this
particular case, my work ISP doesn't allow me to connect to its NG
server, so I was introduced to motzarella, which seems to work quite nicely.

--
Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
I love woot.com and techbargains.com

11 Dec 2007 10:58:39
Volt

Jeff Goslin wrote:
> See this is why open source sucks and commercial software will ALWAYS be
> better.

What's that feeling? Like a sharp pain...right in my side...wtf is
that? Hurts like hell...and yet so familiar...ohhhhh...that's just Jeff
poking us with his Microsoft stick. Silly Goslin.

--

Volt
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or

11 Dec 2007 10:57:45
Jeff Goslin
Re: Finally got thunderbird to work

You work in IT and can't get a piece of software to run? Wow. I'm sorry.
For your employer.

--
Jeff Goslin
www.goslin.info

"Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Jeff Goslin wrote:
>> See this is why open source sucks and commercial software will ALWAYS be
>> better. Hate em or not, microsoft puts out products that WORK, out of
>> the box, first time, no experience necessary. Why in the WORLD would you
>> want to put this hackneyed software on your personal computer when you
>> lack the experience to get it running without serious assistance? It's a
>> CLEAR indication that you lack the requisite computer skill that you
>> necessarily need in order to run these open source hack job piece of shit
>> softwares. For computer geeks who want to run MySQL and Linux and Mozilla
>> and all this crap, you know what, they can fix their own shit, so more
>> power to em, they like spending their time fixing bullshit crap on their
>> PC's. What possible reason could YOU have for doing the same thing,
>> except to truly experience frustration and annoyance at a level
>> heretofore unheard of? Are you a masochist? If that's the case, welcome
>> to paradise.
>>
> Jeff,
> Have you been hitting the crack pipe a bit too much? I work in IT
> dude...doens't mean I have extensive knowledge of NG readers. In this
> particular case, my work ISP doesn't allow me to connect to its NG server,
> so I was introduced to motzarella, which seems to work quite nicely.
>

> --
> Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
> I love woot.com and techbargains.com

11 Dec 2007 14:40:12
Jeff Goslin
Re: Finally got thunderbird to work

I'm actually not advocating microsoft in particular, I'm simply advocating
COMMERCIAL software in general.

Hippies just don't get it. While it's rather idealistic to think that
people working together in harmony will end up solving the world's problems,
in the harsh glare that is the reality of the world, the simple reality is
that people working together in harmony tend to produce shitty products that
don't work very well unless they are REAL simple, like hackysacks, or hemp
shirts. If I want good weed, I find me a hippie. If I want a frisbee, I
find me a hippie. If I want a VW Microbus with rakes and shovels and other
implements, I find Arlo Guthrie, THEN I find me a hippie.

BUT, if I want enterprise wide information technology solutions, or hell,
even something to run my home PC, the absolute LAST thing I do is find me a
hippie. No, I find me a geek, preferably a geek who knows about free market
economies, and thus actually costs a lot of money to buy him, and in THAT
way, I know I get professional results.

I hate hippies so much. That's the main reason why I hate Linux. It
embodies the hippie mindset so totally. A mindset that so clearly does not
work that it should go the way of communism.

--
Jeff Goslin
www.goslin.info

"Volt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Jeff Goslin wrote:
>> See this is why open source sucks and commercial software will ALWAYS be
>> better.
>
> What's that feeling? Like a sharp pain...right in my side...wtf is that?
> Hurts like hell...and yet so familiar...ohhhhh...that's just Jeff poking
> us with his Microsoft stick. Silly Goslin.
>
> --
>
> Volt
> I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or
> numbered. My life is my own.

11 Dec 2007 17:12:45
T. Greening

Jeff Goslin wrote:
> I'm actually not advocating microsoft in particular, I'm simply advocating
> COMMERCIAL software in general.

While I will agree that a lot of the time with freeware you get what you
pay for, I'm curious what your beef with thunderbird is. I've been
using it for quite awhile after dumping outlook and outlook express and
haven't noticed any drawbacks. I don't recall having any setup issues
so I'm abit curious about that as well.

I dumped IE for firefox about the same time and havent looked back once.
From what I understand the latest IE is better ( and finally installed
some features that firefox has had for ages) I havent bothered to
investigate. While I am quite sure MS is quite capable of building a
quality browser it seems they are always playing catchup feature wise.
I remember when nutscrape was the browser of choice and IE was a
featureless lump of unstable crap and people thought MS would NEVER
unseat nutscrape. Uhmm, where are they now?

12 Dec 2007 03:13:07
Jeff Goslin
Re: Finally got thunderbird to work

"T. Greening" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Jeff Goslin wrote:
>> I'm actually not advocating microsoft in particular, I'm simply
>> advocating COMMERCIAL software in general.
>
> While I will agree that a lot of the time with freeware you get what you
> pay for, I'm curious what your beef with thunderbird is. I've been

As previously stated, it's not a beef with specific software, nor am I
advocating specific software, it's just that Linux and Microsoft are the two
most obvious choices when comparing Open Source vs Commercial software.

Thunderbird, never even laid eyes on it. Hadn't even heard about it until
this thread. But it's open source, and that tells me pretty much ALL I need
to know about it. It's put together by hippie programmers who think they
can realistically support a program on good vibes alone. Sooner or later,
the programmers will tire of supporting it, and it will end up being
"supported" by a user base that is ill-equipped to truly troubleshoot
issues, leaving people with little option but to return to the relative
safety and tranquility of corporate created software. Until, of course,
there's another bandwagon to hop on, and then they will don their "Fuck
Micro$oft" T-shirts and run happily along to test drive the latest open
source hippie experiment until it, too, dies a predictable, if long overdue
death. Linux, this means you. Sooner or later, Linux and MySQL are going
to be all but dead, with the exception of a few die-hard computer geeks and
corporate greed machines that wanted to save a few bucks and happen to have
a good geek on staff. Oh wait. That's already happened.

--
Jeff Goslin
www.goslin.info

14 Dec 2007 11:05:42
Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)

Jeff Goslin wrote:
> "T. Greening" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Jeff Goslin wrote:
>>> I'm actually not advocating microsoft in particular, I'm simply
>>> advocating COMMERCIAL software in general.
>> While I will agree that a lot of the time with freeware you get what you
>> pay for, I'm curious what your beef with thunderbird is. I've been
>
> As previously stated, it's not a beef with specific software, nor am I
> advocating specific software, it's just that Linux and Microsoft are the two
> most obvious choices when comparing Open Source vs Commercial software.
>
> Thunderbird, never even laid eyes on it. Hadn't even heard about it until
> this thread. But it's open source, and that tells me pretty much ALL I need
> to know about it. It's put together by hippie programmers who think they
> can realistically support a program on good vibes alone. Sooner or later,
> the programmers will tire of supporting it, and it will end up being
> "supported" by a user base that is ill-equipped to truly troubleshoot
> issues, leaving people with little option but to return to the relative
> safety and tranquility of corporate created software. Until, of course,
> there's another bandwagon to hop on, and then they will don their "Fuck
> Micro$oft" T-shirts and run happily along to test drive the latest open
> source hippie experiment until it, too, dies a predictable, if long overdue
> death. Linux, this means you. Sooner or later, Linux and MySQL are going
> to be all but dead, with the exception of a few die-hard computer geeks and
> corporate greed machines that wanted to save a few bucks and happen to have
> a good geek on staff. Oh wait. That's already happened.

Hey, microsoft fanboi - get outta my grill.

I use plenty of microsoft shit, and plenty of open source shit...I'm not
an expert on NG readers, I admit, choosing instead to get good at the
crap I get paid to do :p

It's really odd Jeff, these last few posts of yours are looking more and
more troll like and less and less like the Jeff I seem to recall talking
with in this NG.