28 Aug 2004 04:11:46
mary
Freelance (?) Paintball Sites

I do not do paintball, but I noticed that in the woods where I live somebody
has created their own paintball arena (?). I was wondering if there was a
website which listed freelance (for the lack of a better word) paintball
sites? I did a search,but only came up with commerical sites. Also is there
a term for such homemade paintball sites. I would think they would be more
fun that the commerical variety.

Thanks

Tom

28 Aug 2004 14:30:11
Tony Sr.
Re: Freelance (?) Paintball Sites

Also is there
a term for such homemade paintball sites. I would think they would be more

yep, they are called unsafe playing places...lose an eye park....
"mary" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I do not do paintball, but I noticed that in the woods where I live
somebody
> has created their own paintball arena (?). I was wondering if there was a
> website which listed freelance (for the lack of a better word) paintball
> sites? I did a search,but only came up with commerical sites. Also is
there
> a term for such homemade paintball sites. I would think they would be more
> fun that the commerical variety.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

29 Aug 2004 03:41:04
MathU41
Re: Freelance (?) Paintball Sites

>I do not do paintball, but I noticed that in the woods where I live somebody
>has created their own paintball arena (?). I was wondering if there was a
>website which listed freelance (for the lack of a better word) paintball
>sites? I did a search,but only came up with commerical sites. Also is there
>a term for such homemade paintball sites. I would think they would be more
>fun that the commerical variety.

To give you something more helpful than Tony usually is, yes, there's a term
for them. 'Outlaw' is what most groups call tham, and a lot of the time they
aren't exactly safe. I know some guys are more strict on the rules than a lot
of actual field owners are, but a lot of the time velocity and mask rules go
unchecked.

30 Aug 2004 09:43:09
Daniel Stocker
Re: Freelance (?) Paintball Sites

in new zealand we call them "renegade fields" where people play "renegade
ball"

"mary" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I do not do paintball, but I noticed that in the woods where I live
somebody
> has created their own paintball arena (?). I was wondering if there was a
> website which listed freelance (for the lack of a better word) paintball
> sites? I did a search,but only came up with commerical sites. Also is
there
> a term for such homemade paintball sites. I would think they would be more
> fun that the commerical variety.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

31 Aug 2004 17:21:50
DGDevin
Re: Freelance (?) Paintball Sites

"mary" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I do not do paintball, but I noticed that in the woods where I live
somebody
> has created their own paintball arena (?). I was wondering if there was a
> website which listed freelance (for the lack of a better word) paintball
> sites? I did a search,but only came up with commerical sites. Also is
there
> a term for such homemade paintball sites. I would think they would be more
> fun that the commerical variety.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Actually a good commercial field is preferable in some ways, like they have
insurance in case somebody gets hurts, they have referees to run the games,
they have bathrooms and so on. "Outlaw" fields sometimes attract a bad
element, people who don't care for safety rules for example, not the kind of
folks you want to play with. There are exceptions of course, but you need
to be careful about playing at such facilities.