26 Aug 2004 00:38:15
J. Hoyt
Full auto allowed in the NXL

Here it is, folks. Full auto allowed in the NXL with a few restrictions.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

25 Aug 2004 21:40:47
Tempest
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

It'll be interesting to see what this does to the Xball game. I talked to
some friends on Ultimate who practice Trauma quite often, and they said that
Trauma was actually easier to defeat once they switched to these full auto
chips (due to the 15 bps cap).

"J. Hoyt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Here it is, folks. Full auto allowed in the NXL with a few restrictions.
>
> http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

25 Aug 2004 23:26:09
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"J. Hoyt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Here it is, folks. Full auto allowed in the NXL with a few restrictions.
>
> http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

Yes you too boys and girls can be a grandmaster paintball hoser champ!. Hose
and pray baby...hose and pray...

Rather then allow full auto and make the bouncey bouncey legal.... why not
limit the amount of paint taken on the field per player. There by making the
desire to have a stream of paint coming out of your gun a non-factor... and
making manuver, teamwork, and marksmanship the factor??

25 Aug 2004 23:44:05
Tempest
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> why not limit the amount of paint taken on the field per player. There by
> making the
> desire to have a stream of paint coming out of your gun a non-factor...
> and
> making manuver, teamwork, and marksmanship the factor??

Easy. It's simply not as entertaining to watch.

26 Aug 2004 00:06:56
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"J. Hoyt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Here it is, folks. Full auto allowed in the NXL with a few restrictions.
>
> http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

What's the point? If that's the way you want to play, great, I'm in no
position to tell people how to play their game, but why bother placing any
restrictions on it at all? When you place restrictions on it, all you are
doing is making another thing for the cheaters to work out a way around.

What they *REALLY* need to do is re-evaluate the divisions. Electros have
become so common as to make them an absolute necessity to keep pace at the
levels we're talking about to begin with. The difference between board
initiated full auto electro and an electro semi auto in the hands of even to
most modestly proficient user is negligeble at best. So, why bother making
a distinction.

I would propose new classes of play for tournaments, along with the
experience divisions. Novice, Amateur and Pro handle the experience levels
of the players. Now, we need to distinguish between gear carried. I
suppose I would note the levels as Stock, Pump, Limited and Unlimited.

Stock is pure stock class paintball, 12 grams and rock n cock pistols. I
would assume that very few would play. Pump would be any pump action gun
with any combination of paint and air source. Unlimited is just what it
says. If it's out there, you can use it.

Limited would be the most difficult to define. If I had to take a gander at
where the line should be drawn, I would put it at a place that would allow
any player, regardless of budget, to have their equipment be competitive.
To me, this means that anything requiring a battery or electronics is NOT
ALLOWED, and no trigger assists of any kind(RT's, etc). Skill against skill
alone. This would remove electros from this class, remove battery assist
hoppers, remove anything that is above and beyond the minimums of a standard
semi-auto.

The reason for this? Once you pass into electros and whatnot, the distance
between the very top end and the very low end electro is almost semantic.
That one can shoot 20bps and the other can only shoot 17bps is academic,
they both shoot a fuckin boatload, and without much skill present in the
shooter, as well. So, make it a very fundamental difference between Limited
and Unlimited.

That way, paintball has a chance, albeit a small one, to return to having
games that no longer rely purely on how much paint you can dump, as it seems
to be these days.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > why not limit the amount of paint taken on the field per player. There
by
> > making the
> > desire to have a stream of paint coming out of your gun a non-factor...
> > and
> > making manuver, teamwork, and marksmanship the factor??
>
> Easy. It's simply not as entertaining to watch.

Entertaining for *WHO* exactly? There isn't much that is more boring for an
UNINFORMED spectator than to watch ten minutes of paint dumping with 2
seconds of actions. With people moving around and stuff, it's easy to see
how plays are developing and so on. The current strategy employed by near
100% of tournament teams is fairly simple: run like hell, dump a fuckton of
paint until you hit one guy out, then move into the spot he vacates. Talk
about PREDICTABLE!!

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

DGDevin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Entertaining for *WHO* exactly? There isn't much that is more boring for
an
> UNINFORMED spectator than to watch ten minutes of paint dumping with 2
> seconds of actions. With people moving around and stuff, it's easy to see
> how plays are developing and so on.

Watching paintball on TV has always been deadly dull, however I think you
are correct in suggesting that the current model that substitutes firepower
for all else on the theory that shooting is in itself exciting is a poor
decision. The speedball format might be more entertaining if the firepower
could be limited so as to encourage movement and tactics beyond blocking
lanes and bunkering of hopelessly outnumbered opponents. Allowing one
player on each team an electro and unlimited paint while restricting the
firepower of the other players might be cool, it would force most of the
players to move around and find angles rather than just spew paint. Picture
Jessie Ventura in "Predator" with the electric Gatling gun with a squad of
Laura Crofts sprinting and shoulder-rolling around the field at the same
time....

The TV audience will demand something more than just ten cases of paint
being fired off in one game, if the current tourney bigshots can't get
running and diving and dramatic flag pulls into the game, then their lust
for getting rich from TV exposure are a pipedream.

26 Aug 2004 03:06:42
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > why not limit the amount of paint taken on the field per player. There
by
> > making the
> > desire to have a stream of paint coming out of your gun a non-factor...
> > and
> > making manuver, teamwork, and marksmanship the factor??
>
> Easy. It's simply not as entertaining to watch.

Want isn't? Watching people hose ane pray isn't fun.... read Goslin's
response or the other...

26 Aug 2004 07:40:40
Tempest
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
> Want isn't? Watching people hose ane pray isn't fun.... read Goslin's
> response or the other...

Says you guys. But what you don't realize is that you aren't of the crack
baby majority. It's kind of like shiney objects. The audience they're trying
to bring in isn't exactly you guys.

26 Aug 2004 07:47:24
Tempest
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> That way, paintball has a chance, albeit a small one, to return to having
> games that no longer rely purely on how much paint you can dump, as it
> seems
> to be these days.

Jesus H.- It's NOT that way. In CFOA, almost all the teams buy more paint
than they'll ever shoot, but the top teams keep consistently winning.
Everyone has blazing guns. So, if dumping paint is the only primary factor
in winning, why aren't the typical losing teams ever near the top?

But come to think of it, why am I even arguing this fact? You only believe
what you want to believe. Mainstream tournament paintball will *never* see
"mechanical-only" divisions simply because it's boring as fuck to watch-
crackbaby or not. The only few people who would argue this fact reside on
this newsgroup, which I find kind of amusing.

26 Aug 2004 11:06:25
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] says...
> Subject: Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL
> From: "Tempest" <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.paintball
>
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Want isn't? Watching people hose ane pray isn't fun.... read Goslin's
> > response or the other...
>
> Says you guys. But what you don't realize is that you aren't of the crack
> baby majority. It's kind of like shiney objects. The audience they're trying
> to bring in isn't exactly you guys.

No it's the same drooling Nascar fans that buy $20 hats and $30 t-
shirts.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

26 Aug 2004 10:36:09
Space Cadet
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:44:41 GMT, "DGDevin"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]

The speedball format might be more entertaining if the firepower
>could be limited so as to encourage movement and tactics beyond blocking
>lanes and bunkering of hopelessly outnumbered opponents. Allowing one
>player on each team an electro and unlimited paint while restricting the
>firepower of the other players might be cool, it would force most of the
>players to move around and find angles rather than just spew paint.

This actually sounds like a great idea to me! Really puts a premium
on strategy while allowing at least a little homage to the sheer
adrenilne rush of full auto firepower!

SC

26 Aug 2004 16:35:33
Phelps
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote:

> The TV audience will demand something more than just ten cases of paint
> being fired off in one game, if the current tourney bigshots can't get
> running and diving and dramatic flag pulls into the game, then their lust
> for getting rich from TV exposure are a pipedream.

There is another angle besides limiting paint. It is hard for a TV
camera to track something at 300 fps (with only 30 frames per second to
deal with) so dropping the velocity to the 240 range might also be a
good comprimise for TV. (Not being a tourny player I have to ask:)
Would this do more than just limiting the paint amounts, since you might
not be able to shut down as much of a lane if it all starts bouncing 25
yards out (due to the lower velocity)?

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."

26 Aug 2004 14:33:34
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > That way, paintball has a chance, albeit a small one, to return to
having
> > games that no longer rely purely on how much paint you can dump, as it
> > seems
> > to be these days.
>
> Jesus H.- It's NOT that way. In CFOA, almost all the teams buy more paint
> than they'll ever shoot, but the top teams keep consistently winning.
> Everyone has blazing guns. So, if dumping paint is the only primary factor
> in winning, why aren't the typical losing teams ever near the top?
>
> But come to think of it, why am I even arguing this fact? You only believe
> what you want to believe. Mainstream tournament paintball will *never* see
> "mechanical-only" divisions simply because it's boring as fuck to watch-
> crackbaby or not. The only few people who would argue this fact reside on
> this newsgroup, which I find kind of amusing.

Well you see i'm also the guy that argues that taking the three point line
away in the nba will increase scoring as well.... You have to remember
too.. just cause you ain't in the majority doesn't mean the majority is
right.....

26 Aug 2004 14:37:56
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Want isn't? Watching people hose ane pray isn't fun.... read Goslin's
> > response or the other...
>
> Says you guys. But what you don't realize is that you aren't of the crack
> baby majority. It's kind of like shiney objects. The audience they're
trying
> to bring in isn't exactly you guys.

Ok, then, chief, what exactly *IS* the audience they are trying to bring in?

If the audience they are trying to "bring in" consists wholly of people who
already DO that sort of thing, then they both have a lock on that audience
already(so no need to try), and their audience will only grow as fast as the
group of people doing it grows(not very much). So, not a big draw for TV
audiences and whatnot. Keeping the sport the same will only serve to
promote stagnation, and, after all, even PAINTBALL PLAYERS think the current
incarnation of paintball on TV is dreadfully dull.

The whole point of making the game more "viewer friendly" is not to entice
the people who are already into the sport to watch it, but rather to get the
people who AREN'T that interested to watch it, thus increasing the size of
the viewership. It's obvious that the people who play the sport are going
to be interested in watching it. What needs to happen is to get the ones
who haven't played before to stop and go "hrm... so this is paintball huh?"
and after watching it, they then need to say "wow, that looks pretty cool!",
not what would happen right now... "geez, that looks pretty dull."

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected]SPAM.edu > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Jesus H.- It's NOT that way. In CFOA, almost all the teams buy more paint
> than they'll ever shoot, but the top teams keep consistently winning.
> Everyone has blazing guns. So, if dumping paint is the only primary factor
> in winning, why aren't the typical losing teams ever near the top?

I didn't say it was the only factor, but it is a major factor. The speed
with which you can dump paint directly relates to how well you do in the
upper eschelons of the game. The faster you can fire your gun, the more
eliminations you're likely to get, and thereby, the more games you're likely
to win. The differences between the top teams are usually the result of the
combinations of the minor factors, such as intelligent movement(when NOT to
move, etc), and so on. Luck is a factor, but not as much as one might
think.

> But come to think of it, why am I even arguing this fact? You only believe
> what you want to believe. Mainstream tournament paintball will *never* see
> "mechanical-only" divisions simply because it's boring as fuck to watch-
> crackbaby or not. The only few people who would argue this fact reside on
> this newsgroup, which I find kind of amusing.

The thing you're missing out on is the fact that the vast majority of
paintball players are not playing tournament paintball. They are playing
recreational paintball, for fun. They have regular guns, use a regular
amount of paint, and so on. They want to play competitively, of course, but
not like most people in tournaments are doing it now. They don't want to
even try tournaments because they KNOW they will be overwhelmed in every
way, mainly because of technology.

You keep mentioning "boring to watch". I would like to know what you think
makes a paintball game INTERESTING to watch from a spectator's perspective.
It would seem to me that you enjoy watching the current incarnation of
tournament paintball. While almost all television ratings tend to whole
heartedly and vehemently contradict this position, I'd like to hear why YOU
think it's fun to watch as it stands right now.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Tempest
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>The thing you're missing out on is the fact that the vast majority of
>paintball players are not playing tournament paintball.

I'd like to see a recent "census" on this fact, *not* done by Warpig. Also,
are you defining "tournament paintball" to be paintball played in a
tournament (literal meaning) or do you mean speedball/airball in general?
Because if it's the later, then the "vast majority of paintball players"
sure as hell aren't in GA.

26 Aug 2004 18:10:47
Tempest
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
> away in the nba will increase scoring as well.... You have to remember
> too.. just cause you ain't in the majority doesn't mean the majority is
> right.....

If it's an opinion, then there's no right or wrong. I'm basing my argument
that high ROF games are more exciting to watch on both the opinion of the
"majority" of paintball players and just general spectators (mom's, dad's,
grandma's- just there to watch). The spectators at our local field stick to
the field with the guns blazing, not the field with the old guys playing
pump.

26 Aug 2004 21:19:20
Daniel Martin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

I liked someones idea of slotted buners, that cease to be after 10 seconds,
and here's the easy way; They are all inflated and controlled by a central
pneumatic system or remote with individually air supplies , with motion
detectors mounted on each one, 10 seconds after someone parks their arse
behind it, a solonoid opens and it deflates.
Now THAT, my good friends, would make airball/ tourney ball a helluva lot
more exciting!
copyright and tm pending Dan Martin 2004 <G >

Cheers
BTW Check out Octobers APG, Charlie Company article I'm. in a couple of
photos!

Dan

"J. Hoyt" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Here it is, folks. Full auto allowed in the NXL with a few restrictions.
>
> http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

26 Aug 2004 21:48:02
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> >The thing you're missing out on is the fact that the vast majority of
> >paintball players are not playing tournament paintball.
>
> I'd like to see a recent "census" on this fact, *not* done by Warpig.
Also,
> are you defining "tournament paintball" to be paintball played in a
> tournament (literal meaning) or do you mean speedball/airball in general?
> Because if it's the later, then the "vast majority of paintball players"
> sure as hell aren't in GA.

I am talking TOURNAMENT paintball. Anything not played for points and
prizes is recreational. Speedball is a form of the game, just like airball.
The people who do the obsessive wiping, rampant overkill, massive
paintdumping, these are ALL guys who play tournament paintball. There are a
few on the rec scene who do it, but they find themselves ostracized from the
community in short order, in the form of "fuck that, I'm not going to play
with THAT guy, he cheats his ass off..." and field owners hear it, and don't
let these guys play for much longer, lest they find themselves 10 newbies
short for every tournament cheater they let continue play.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> If it's an opinion, then there's no right or wrong. I'm basing my argument
> that high ROF games are more exciting to watch on both the opinion of the
> "majority" of paintball players and just general spectators (mom's, dad's,
> grandma's- just there to watch). The spectators at our local field stick
> the field with the guns blazing, not the field with the old guys playing
> pump.

"old guys playing pump"... I wouldn't watch that either. Old guys tend to
move like, well, old guys, ie not very fast. But, put a few low end
semis(or even pumps for that matter) in the hands of some of these fast as
fuck youngsters playing hopperball, and you've got yourself a MUCH more
exciting game, because all of a sudden, it's not about who can sling the
most paint, but who can get the best shot in.

And no, the moms n dads don't watch those fields because they are better or
worse, they watch those fields because they literally have no choice. Every
"woodsball" field I have ever seen has been removed from the staging area,
out of simple necessity. Basically, there's no way *TO* spectate. With
netting around a small area, it's fairly easy to watch a game if you've got
nothing to do. The spectators are not there out of interest, they are there
out of lack of anything better to do. Slight grand canyon sized difference,
dipshit.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

Yeah, that someone would be me. So I get partial credit on that (tm) and
all that. ;)

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Daniel Martin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I liked someones idea of slotted buners, that cease to be after 10
seconds,
> and here's the easy way; They are all inflated and controlled by a central
> pneumatic system or remote with individually air supplies , with motion
> detectors mounted on each one, 10 seconds after someone parks their arse
> behind it, a solonoid opens and it deflates.
> Now THAT, my good friends, would make airball/ tourney ball a helluva lot
> more exciting!
> copyright and tm pending Dan Martin 2004 <G>
>
> Cheers
> BTW Check out Octobers APG, Charlie Company article I'm. in a couple of
> photos!
>
> Dan
>

> "J. Hoyt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Here it is, folks. Full auto allowed in the NXL with a few restrictions.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

26 Aug 2004 22:21:36
Tempest
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I am talking TOURNAMENT paintball. Anything not played for points and
> prizes is recreational.

Well the "recreational" players in our area dump just as much paint as we
"tournament players" do. Honestly, the most typical amount of paint that
most anyone (that I play with) goes through in a 5 man game is 3 pods. 4
maybe. It's not a big deal.

26 Aug 2004 22:40:25
Daniel Martin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

When I make my gazillions I'll buy you a new jeep, M'kay..... <G >

Dan

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]m...
> Yeah, that someone would be me. So I get partial credit on that (tm) and
> all that. ;)
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
>

> "Daniel Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I liked someones idea of slotted buners, that cease to be after 10
> seconds,
> > and here's the easy way; They are all inflated and controlled by a
central
> > pneumatic system or remote with individually air supplies , with motion
> > detectors mounted on each one, 10 seconds after someone parks their arse
> > behind it, a solonoid opens and it deflates.
> > Now THAT, my good friends, would make airball/ tourney ball a helluva
lot
> > more exciting!
> > copyright and tm pending Dan Martin 2004 <G>
> >
> > Cheers
> > BTW Check out Octobers APG, Charlie Company article I'm. in a couple of
> > photos!
> >
> > Dan
> >

> > "J. Hoyt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Here it is, folks. Full auto allowed in the NXL with a few
restrictions.

> http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

26 Aug 2004 23:52:50
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I am talking TOURNAMENT paintball. Anything not played for points and
> > prizes is recreational.
>
> Well the "recreational" players in our area dump just as much paint as we
> "tournament players" do. Honestly, the most typical amount of paint that
> most anyone (that I play with) goes through in a 5 man game is 3 pods. 4
> maybe. It's not a big deal.

Guess ya got deep pockets.... I bearly go through 500 balls and i play all
day!!!!!!

26 Aug 2004 23:54:55
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > away in the nba will increase scoring as well.... You have to remember
> > too.. just cause you ain't in the majority doesn't mean the majority is
> > right.....
>
> If it's an opinion, then there's no right or wrong. I'm basing my argument
> that high ROF games are more exciting to watch on both the opinion of the
> "majority" of paintball players and just general spectators (mom's, dad's,
> grandma's- just there to watch). The spectators at our local field stick
> the field with the guns blazing, not the field with the old guys playing
> pump.

How many pumps actully come and play where you play? Come on.. there aren't
anyone watching pump cause their aren't any?

26 Aug 2004 22:23:06
Jason G
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >, Jeff Goslin says...

>Yeah, that someone would be me. So I get partial credit on that (tm) and
>all that. ;)

Hey, I came up with the slats, asspuncher. You just had some kinda timer. I'd
better see summa dat dough when it hits big.

27 Aug 2004 04:05:03
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jason G" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>, Jeff Goslin says...
> >
> >Yeah, that someone would be me. So I get partial credit on that (tm) and
> >all that. ;)
>
> Hey, I came up with the slats, asspuncher. You just had some kinda timer.
I'd
> better see summa dat dough when it hits big.

What are you going on about? Are you slap happy drunk? Dude stop drinking
bong water

27 Aug 2004 08:14:20
Rick Scott
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

(Jeff Goslin <[email protected] > uttered:)
> I would propose new classes of play for tournaments, along with the
> experience divisions. Novice, Amateur and Pro handle the experience
> levels of the players. Now, we need to distinguish between gear
> carried. I suppose I would note the levels as Stock, Pump, Limited
> and Unlimited. ...
>
> Limited would be the most difficult to define. ...

FWIW, Tom Kaye started airing out the idea of mechanical-marker-only
tourneys some time ago. I think it was motivated more by a desire
to avoid paying a king's ransom to Smart Parts than the perceived
need for a spectator-friendly class of play, though.

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
CORPORATION, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit

27 Aug 2004 04:22:19
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I am talking TOURNAMENT paintball. Anything not played for points and
> > prizes is recreational.
>
> Well the "recreational" players in our area dump just as much paint as we
> "tournament players" do. Honestly, the most typical amount of paint that
> most anyone (that I play with) goes through in a 5 man game is 3 pods. 4
> maybe. It's not a big deal.

600-800+what you have in the hopper? Half a case a game is typical? I
don't know where you're playing, but that's tournament level paint dumpage
right there. I can't even REMEMBER the last time I shot through my hopper.
Now, maybe I'm an oddity, a rarity, that being someone who can actually
*AIM*, so we'll ignore me.

When I go to outdoor fields with recreational players, the most common thing
I see is a 2 pack of pods, and rarely does more than one of those pods get
used. I can see someone shooting through 200-400 paintballs in a game, if
they are really going to town, but recreational players shoot less because
they both cannot afford it and they don't need to shoot as much(thankfully).
In a target rich environment like a 30 on 30 rec game in a village or
something, if you're shooting half a case, it's only because you're wasting
about 800 of them.

The field I normally attend, granted, is a rarity in the paintball world: it
is a field that is laid out such that massive paint dumping is not a
requirement in any way. It is COMMON, I say again *COMMON* for players to
be able to go for an entire 4 hour session on a bag of paint(that's 500).
It is RARE for a player to play the entire session and need more than that.
That's 500 paintballs spread out over about 12 games, or 40 per game on
average. Now, I grant you that this is an uncommon field, but likewise, I
have never heard a player whom I considered to be "recreational" bringing
more than a case of paint to the field. You are insinuating that a player
would shoot through a case in 3 games. That is, simply put, insane.

Your view of how much paint a "normal person" spews is highly distorted
based on how you and your friends play the game, not on what is normal for
an average player. It's well known that I play with relative newbies most
of the time. When was the last time YOU played with anyone even CLOSE to a
newbie, or paid attention in any way to any real newbie? When was the last
time you brought a newbie friend of yours to the field, so you could pay
attention to exactly how much paint he was shooting? I'll betcha it was a
while ago, and I'll wager you didn't pay too much attention to how much he
shot. Basically, it's not that you're lying or something, it's just that
you're out of touch with real newbies.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jason G" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>, Jeff Goslin says...
> >
> >Yeah, that someone would be me. So I get partial credit on that (tm) and
> >all that. ;)
>
> Hey, I came up with the slats, asspuncher. You just had some kinda timer.
I'd
> better see summa dat dough when it hits big.

Snag the message ID's of both of our messages and post em, will ya? I'm
fairly sure I came up with it. But you might be right.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Rick Scott" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> FWIW, Tom Kaye started airing out the idea of mechanical-marker-only
> tourneys some time ago. I think it was motivated more by a desire
> to avoid paying a king's ransom to Smart Parts than the perceived
> need for a spectator-friendly class of play, though.

The net result would be the same if you ask me.

--

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message > How many pumps actully come
and play where you play? >Come on.. there aren't
> anyone watching pump cause their aren't any?

Oh there is. There's always a bunch of guys who roll up in full camo and
camp out at the spool/mounds fields all day. There's actually quite a
variety of players at Ultimate.

27 Aug 2004 13:15:34
LCT Paintball
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"DGDevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> > Entertaining for *WHO* exactly? There isn't much that is more boring
for
> an
> > UNINFORMED spectator than to watch ten minutes of paint dumping with 2
> > seconds of actions. With people moving around and stuff, it's easy to
see
> > how plays are developing and so on.
>
> Watching paintball on TV has always been deadly dull, however I think you
> are correct in suggesting that the current model that substitutes
firepower
> for all else on the theory that shooting is in itself exciting is a poor
> decision. The speedball format might be more entertaining if the
firepower
> could be limited so as to encourage movement and tactics beyond blocking
> lanes and bunkering of hopelessly outnumbered opponents. Allowing one
> player on each team an electro and unlimited paint while restricting the
> firepower of the other players might be cool, it would force most of the
> players to move around and find angles rather than just spew paint.
Picture
> Jessie Ventura in "Predator" with the electric Gatling gun with a squad of
> Laura Crofts sprinting and shoulder-rolling around the field at the same
> time....
>
> The TV audience will demand something more than just ten cases of paint
> being fired off in one game, if the current tourney bigshots can't get
> running and diving and dramatic flag pulls into the game, then their lust
> for getting rich from TV exposure are a pipedream.

WHAT? Are you suggesting a COMPROMISE? You know better than that! We are
paintballers! Compromise, responsibility, and reasonableness are not in our
vocabulary.

27 Aug 2004 14:16:35
Jason G

From: Jason G <[email protected] >
Newsgroups: rec.sport.paintball
Subject: Re: Eveolution of Paintball
Date: 10 Aug 2004 13:44:20 -0700

In article <[email protected] >, Jeff Goslin says...
>To me, the answer is mind bogglingly, stunningly, BLINDINGLY simple, and
>involves two things: more bunkers, and a clock on how long a player can
>stay inside a bunker.

Make the bunkers out of slats, like a vertical blind. When the time runs out,
the slats turn sideways! Eases enforcement.

--
Jason G
waitin' for da benjamins to roll in...

27 Aug 2004 17:55:00
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

Ok, fine... let's meet halfway then... I get one half of our part of his
trademark, you get the other half of our part. OK? ;)

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"Jason G" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>, Jeff Goslin says...
> >
> >> Hey, I came up with the slats, asspuncher. You just had some kinda
timer.
> >I'd
> >> better see summa dat dough when it hits big.
> >
> >Snag the message ID's of both of our messages and post em, will ya? I'm
> >fairly sure I came up with it. But you might be right.
>
> From: Jason G <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.paintball
> Subject: Re: Eveolution of Paintball
> Date: 10 Aug 2004 13:44:20 -0700
>

> In article <[email protected]>, Jeff Goslin says...
> >To me, the answer is mind bogglingly, stunningly, BLINDINGLY simple, and
> >involves two things: more bunkers, and a clock on how long a player can
> >stay inside a bunker.
>
> Make the bunkers out of slats, like a vertical blind. When the time runs
out,
> the slats turn sideways! Eases enforcement.
>

> --
> Jason G
> waitin' for da benjamins to roll in...

27 Aug 2004 17:08:40
Jason G
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >, Jeff Goslin says...

>Ok, fine... let's meet halfway then... I get one half of our part of his
>trademark, you get the other half of our part. OK? ;)

Aight den.

/me launches into a long, intricate yet appealingly rhythmic dap routine with
Jeff.

28 Aug 2004 00:32:02
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Tempest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > I am talking TOURNAMENT paintball. Anything not played for points and
> > > prizes is recreational.
> >
> > Well the "recreational" players in our area dump just as much paint as
we
> > "tournament players" do. Honestly, the most typical amount of paint that
> > most anyone (that I play with) goes through in a 5 man game is 3 pods. 4
> > maybe. It's not a big deal.
>
> 600-800+what you have in the hopper? Half a case a game is typical? I
> don't know where you're playing, but that's tournament level paint dumpage
> right there. I can't even REMEMBER the last time I shot through my
hopper.
> Now, maybe I'm an oddity, a rarity, that being someone who can actually
> *AIM*, so we'll ignore me.

Not me.. i rarely go through a hopper....

> When I go to outdoor fields with recreational players, the most common
thing
> I see is a 2 pack of pods, and rarely does more than one of those pods get
> used. I can see someone shooting through 200-400 paintballs in a game, if
> they are really going to town, but recreational players shoot less because
> they both cannot afford it and they don't need to shoot as
much(thankfully).
> In a target rich environment like a 30 on 30 rec game in a village or
> something, if you're shooting half a case, it's only because you're
wasting
> about 800 of them.

I carry them so i don't have to walk back to the staging area to reload....
half the time I share one o the two tubes with a friend.. since we normally
pool our paint

28 Aug 2004 05:39:14
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message > How many pumps actully
come
> and play where you play? >Come on.. there aren't
> > anyone watching pump cause their aren't any?
>
> Oh there is. There's always a bunch of guys who roll up in full camo and
> camp out at the spool/mounds fields all day. There's actually quite a
> variety of players at Ultimate.

And they play pump too right? Who goes and says.. hey i wanna go watch
paintball today anyway

28 Aug 2004 11:41:59
Tony Sr.
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

rec players shoot 2 pods at the target range hehehe
"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "Tempest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > >
> > > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > >
> > > Well the "recreational" players in our area dump just as much paint as
> we
> > > "tournament players" do. Honestly, the most typical amount of paint
that
> > > most anyone (that I play with) goes through in a 5 man game is 3 pods.
4
> > > maybe. It's not a big deal.
> >
> > 600-800+what you have in the hopper? Half a case a game is typical? I
> > don't know where you're playing, but that's tournament level paint
dumpage
> > right there. I can't even REMEMBER the last time I shot through my
> hopper.
> > Now, maybe I'm an oddity, a rarity, that being someone who can actually
> > *AIM*, so we'll ignore me.
>
> Not me.. i rarely go through a hopper....
>

> > When I go to outdoor fields with recreational players, the most common
> thing
> > I see is a 2 pack of pods, and rarely does more than one of those pods
get
> > used. I can see someone shooting through 200-400 paintballs in a game,
if
> > they are really going to town, but recreational players shoot less
because
> > they both cannot afford it and they don't need to shoot as
> much(thankfully).
> > In a target rich environment like a 30 on 30 rec game in a village or
> > something, if you're shooting half a case, it's only because you're
> wasting
> > about 800 of them.
>

> I carry them so i don't have to walk back to the staging area to
reload....
> half the time I share one o the two tubes with a friend.. since we
normally
> pool our paint

28 Aug 2004 09:58:15
Tempest
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
> And they play pump too right? Who goes and says.. hey i wanna go watch
> paintball today anyway

Dude I don't know. One dad brought up a bunch of his kids once and they just
watched us practice all day. I had no idea who they were. There are always
at least some people there (that I've noticed) that probably aren't with
anyone on the field.

28 Aug 2004 14:56:18
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > And they play pump too right? Who goes and says.. hey i wanna go watch
> > paintball today anyway
>
> Dude I don't know. One dad brought up a bunch of his kids once and they
just
> watched us practice all day. I had no idea who they were. There are always
> at least some people there (that I've noticed) that probably aren't with
> anyone on the field.

its ok..

28 Aug 2004 19:08:56
Phelps
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote:

> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > 600-800+what you have in the hopper? Half a case a game is typical? I
> > don't know where you're playing, but that's tournament level paint dumpage
> > right there. I can't even REMEMBER the last time I shot through my
> hopper.
> > Now, maybe I'm an oddity, a rarity, that being someone who can actually
> > *AIM*, so we'll ignore me.
>
> Not me.. i rarely go through a hopper....

That's one of the reasons that I wasn't afraid of going with a
qloader. Two small pods (100) and a hopper will get me through 4 or so
games (which is how they often do things at my field since it can be a
long walk back to the staging area.) Ditto for going with a mag -- I
don't need to get air that often. 4 q-pods and one tank of air should
get me through the same.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
-- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

04 Sep 2004 05:11:59
Kristan Roberge

Tempest wrote:

> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > That way, paintball has a chance, albeit a small one, to return to having
> > games that no longer rely purely on how much paint you can dump, as it
> > seems
> > to be these days.
>
> But come to think of it, why am I even arguing this fact? You only believe
> what you want to believe. Mainstream tournament paintball will *never* see
> "mechanical-only" divisions simply because it's boring as fuck to watch-
> crackbaby or not. The only few people who would argue this fact reside on
> this newsgroup, which I find kind of amusing.

Yes, why are you arguing that fact with him? You've been around long enough to
know better. ;)

Another valid reason for a lack of mechanical-only divisions is that the only
mechanical only guns
that can compete with electronic guns in terms of rof, are ones using reactive
triggers, and that gets
back to the whole "bounce" issue, or VERY light pneumatic triggers (the
DeadlyWind triggered X-valve
mags for example, 20bps with a 0.01"/2 ounce pull). But then you have to also
decide if you want to
restrict the mechanical only rule to just the guns, or the loaders too. Would
be good business for ATS,
Qloader and Tippmann if you did as they're the only companies with reliable
mechanical force feeding.

.

04 Sep 2004 05:06:38
Kristan Roberge

Insane Ranter wrote:

> "J. Hoyt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Here it is, folks. Full auto allowed in the NXL with a few restrictions.
> >
> > http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml
> >

> Yes you too boys and girls can be a grandmaster paintball hoser champ!. Hose
> and pray baby...hose and pray...
>
> Rather then allow full auto and make the bouncey bouncey legal.... why not
> limit the amount of paint taken on the field per player. There by making the
> desire to have a stream of paint coming out of your gun a non-factor... and
> making manuver, teamwork, and marksmanship the factor??

Paint companies would never go for it. They want teams to spend more money on
paint during
a weekend, not less.

04 Sep 2004 05:13:40
Kristan Roberge

Phelps wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "DGDevin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > The TV audience will demand something more than just ten cases of paint
> > being fired off in one game, if the current tourney bigshots can't get
> > running and diving and dramatic flag pulls into the game, then their lust
> > for getting rich from TV exposure are a pipedream.
>
> There is another angle besides limiting paint. It is hard for a TV
> camera to track something at 300 fps (with only 30 frames per second to
> deal with) so dropping the velocity to the 240 range might also be a

Oh come on, american tv viewers can't even watch an NHL hockey game it
seems without a glowing dot over the puck. You think it matters that they can't

follow a stream of paintballs ?!?

04 Sep 2004 16:29:55
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Kristan Roberge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Insane Ranter wrote:
>
> > "J. Hoyt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Here it is, folks. Full auto allowed in the NXL with a few
restrictions.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

> > Yes you too boys and girls can be a grandmaster paintball hoser champ!.
Hose
> > and pray baby...hose and pray...
> >
> > Rather then allow full auto and make the bouncey bouncey legal.... why
not
> > limit the amount of paint taken on the field per player. There by making
the
> > desire to have a stream of paint coming out of your gun a non-factor...
and
> > making manuver, teamwork, and marksmanship the factor??
>
> Paint companies would never go for it. They want teams to spend more money
on
> paint during
> a weekend, not less.

That's what needs to be decided.. is it a sport or just simply a money
making entertainment industry.

04 Sep 2004 16:30:59
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Kristan Roberge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Phelps wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "DGDevin" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > The TV audience will demand something more than just ten cases of
paint
> > > being fired off in one game, if the current tourney bigshots can't get
> > > running and diving and dramatic flag pulls into the game, then their
lust
> > > for getting rich from TV exposure are a pipedream.
> >
> > There is another angle besides limiting paint. It is hard for a TV
> > camera to track something at 300 fps (with only 30 frames per second to
> > deal with) so dropping the velocity to the 240 range might also be a
>
> Oh come on, american tv viewers can't even watch an NHL hockey game it
> seems without a glowing dot over the puck. You think it matters that they
can't

Eh? I watch hockey all the time on TV without the glowing puck piece of crap
thing....

05 Sep 2004 03:21:40
Kristan Roberge

Insane Ranter wrote:

> "Kristan Roberge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >

> > Insane Ranter wrote:
> >
> > > "J. Hoyt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> restrictions.
> > > >

> http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml
> > > >

> > > Yes you too boys and girls can be a grandmaster paintball hoser champ!.
> Hose
> > > and pray baby...hose and pray...
> > >
> > > Rather then allow full auto and make the bouncey bouncey legal.... why
> not
> > > limit the amount of paint taken on the field per player. There by making
> the
> > > desire to have a stream of paint coming out of your gun a non-factor...
> and
> > > making manuver, teamwork, and marksmanship the factor??
> >
> > Paint companies would never go for it. They want teams to spend more money
> on
> > paint during
> > a weekend, not less.
> >

> That's what needs to be decided.. is it a sport or just simply a money
> making entertainment industry.

Only reason any sport exists today is to be a money making entertainment
industry. Now whether the entertainment
is broadcast or not is a totally different issue.

04 Sep 2004 23:32:03
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Kristan Roberge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Insane Ranter wrote:
>
> > "Kristan Roberge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]

> > restrictions.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

> > Hose

why
> > not
> > the
> > and
> > >
> > > Paint companies would never go for it. They want teams to spend more
money
> > on
> > > paint during
> > > a weekend, not less.
> > >

> > That's what needs to be decided.. is it a sport or just simply a money
> > making entertainment industry.
>
> Only reason any sport exists today is to be a money making entertainment
> industry. Now whether the entertainment
> is broadcast or not is a totally different issue.

Curlng played as a money making venture?

05 Sep 2004 10:26:22
Tempest
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Kristan Roberge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Canada sucks ass. Get over it.

06 Sep 2004 07:30:29
Rick Scott
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

(Tempest <[email protected] > uttered:)
> Canada sucks ass. Get over it.

Heh. That's what's great about you guys, you're proud of everything.
Canadians are only proud of one thing -- that they're not Americans.

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
When the Brits bombed, the Germans ducked.

06 Sep 2004 09:06:28
Tony Sr.
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

guess who you will call on if your cuntree goes to war....
AMERICA !!! dat's the way it is. so does Canada have a paintball team or
does it just say it's proud. heehaw
"Rick Scott" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> (Tempest <[email protected]> uttered:)
> > Canada sucks ass. Get over it.
>
> Heh. That's what's great about you guys, you're proud of everything.
> Canadians are only proud of one thing -- that they're not Americans.
>

> Rick
> --
> key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
> When the Brits bombed, the Germans ducked.
> When the Germans bombed, the Brits ducked.
> When the Yanks bombed, everybody ducked. :Frank Watson

06 Sep 2004 16:01:19
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Rick Scott" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> (Tempest <[email protected]> uttered:)
> > Canada sucks ass. Get over it.
>
> Heh. That's what's great about you guys, you're proud of everything.
> Canadians are only proud of one thing -- that they're not Americans.

Oh come now... Your proud of Ice Hockey and you know it..

07 Sep 2004 00:06:20
Kristan Roberge

Insane Ranter wrote:

> "Kristan Roberge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Insane Ranter wrote:
> >
> > > "Kristan Roberge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]

> > > restrictions.
> > > > > >

> http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

> champ!.
> > > Hose

> why
> > > not
> making
> > > the
> non-factor...
> > > and

> money
> > > on
> > > >

> > > That's what needs to be decided.. is it a sport or just simply a money
> > > making entertainment industry.
> >
> > Only reason any sport exists today is to be a money making entertainment
> > industry. Now whether the entertainment
> > is broadcast or not is a totally different issue.
> >

> Curlng played as a money making venture?

yes, let's see...besides the fact its inspired a rather charming comedy movie
(Men with brooms),
there's all the money made in advertising dollars when its broadcast on tv,
the fact the rink hosting
the events gets money from spectators, rink fees, equipment, etc...
ok...nobody needs a digital
double solenoid whahoozy broom to curl, but there's still a lot of money in
the sport. Its a major bloody
winter sport for canadians to be bombarded with on CBC and CTV. We don't give
basketball this
much media coverage in canada and it at least was invented in canada.

07 Sep 2004 00:12:50
Kristan Roberge

"Tony Sr." wrote:

> guess who you will call on if your cuntree goes to war....
> AMERICA !!! dat's the way it is. so does Canada have a paintball team or

Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised country
on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.

06 Sep 2004 23:27:58
Daniel Martin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

True Dat!

Dan

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:pk3%[email protected]

> "Rick Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > (Tempest <[email protected]> uttered:)
> > > Canada sucks ass. Get over it.
> >
> > Heh. That's what's great about you guys, you're proud of everything.
> > Canadians are only proud of one thing -- that they're not Americans.
> >

> Oh come now... Your proud of Ice Hockey and you know it..

07 Sep 2004 03:41:56
Phelps
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
Kristan Roberge <[email protected] > wrote:

> "Tony Sr." wrote:
>
> > guess who you will call on if your cuntree goes to war....
> > AMERICA !!! dat's the way it is. so does Canada have a paintball team or
>
> Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised country
> on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.

True, you constantly tollerate terrorists, which means you have the
sweet deal of being the ones that they come for last.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
-- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

07 Sep 2004 06:50:36
Rick Scott
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

(Phelps <[email protected] > uttered:)
> Kristan Roberge <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most
>> despised country on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.
>
> True, you constantly tollerate terrorists, which means you have the
> sweet deal of being the ones that they come for last.

On the other hand, one could argue that we're not the ones cultivating
them with our foreign policy.

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
Last time I checked, the murder of 6000+ civilians here in America was a

07 Sep 2004 07:20:55
Kristan Roberge

Phelps wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Kristan Roberge <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Tony Sr." wrote:
> >
> > > guess who you will call on if your cuntree goes to war....
> > > AMERICA !!! dat's the way it is. so does Canada have a paintball team or
> >
> > Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised country
> > on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.
>
> True, you constantly tollerate terrorists, which means you have the
> sweet deal of being the ones that they come for last.

or not at all... since a lot of their families live here.

07 Sep 2004 05:10:17
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Kristan Roberge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised
country
> on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.

Envy truly is the ugliest of the deadly sins, ain't it?

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Kristan Roberge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Insane Ranter wrote:
>
> > "Kristan Roberge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/nemacolin/index.shtml

> > champ!.

> > why
> > making
> > non-factor...

> > money

> > > Only reason any sport exists today is to be a money making
entertainment
> > > industry. Now whether the entertainment
> > > is broadcast or not is a totally different issue.
> > >

> > Curlng played as a money making venture?
>
> yes, let's see...besides the fact its inspired a rather charming comedy
movie
> (Men with brooms),
> there's all the money made in advertising dollars when its broadcast on
tv,
> the fact the rink hosting
> the events gets money from spectators, rink fees, equipment, etc...
> ok...nobody needs a digital
> double solenoid whahoozy broom to curl, but there's still a lot of money
in
> the sport. Its a major bloody
> winter sport for canadians to be bombarded with on CBC and CTV. We don't
give
> basketball this
> much media coverage in canada and it at least was invented in canada.

I'd say that sport is played for entertainment and the money making end is a
result simply of good capitialism. Their are tons of people that play
ameatur sport for other reasons entirely then a money making venture

07 Sep 2004 07:08:22
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Kristan Roberge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Tony Sr." wrote:
>
> > guess who you will call on if your cuntree goes to war....
> > AMERICA !!! dat's the way it is. so does Canada have a paintball team or
>
> Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised
country
> on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.

We are at war...

07 Sep 2004 07:09:01
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Rick Scott" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> (Phelps <[email protected]> uttered:)
> > Kristan Roberge <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most
> >> despised country on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.
> >
> > True, you constantly tollerate terrorists, which means you have the
> > sweet deal of being the ones that they come for last.
>
> On the other hand, one could argue that we're not the ones cultivating
> them with our foreign policy.

Please try again.

07 Sep 2004 07:09:37
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Kristan Roberge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Phelps wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Kristan Roberge <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised
country
> > > on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.
> >
> > True, you constantly tollerate terrorists, which means you have the
> > sweet deal of being the ones that they come for last.
>
> or not at all... since a lot of their families live here.

They live everywhere... USA, Canada, England, etc...

07 Sep 2004 12:47:43
LCT Paintball
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

> Envy truly is the ugliest of the deadly sins, ain't it?
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> It's not a god complex when you're always right

I don't know, I've seen some pretty ugly glutons. ;)

07 Sep 2004 10:58:32
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:P5i%[email protected]_s52...
> > Envy truly is the ugliest of the deadly sins, ain't it?
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
> > It's not a god complex when you're always right
> >

> I don't know, I've seen some pretty ugly glutons. ;)

Who who??

07 Sep 2004 12:19:53
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >, [email protected]
says...

> > That's what needs to be decided.. is it a sport or just simply a money
> > making entertainment industry.
>
> Only reason any sport exists today is to be a money making entertainment
> industry. Now whether the entertainment
> is broadcast or not is a totally different issue.

I don't think that's why Lacross exists..
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

07 Sep 2004 12:21:24
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >, amargio1
@san.rr.com says...
> Subject: Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL
> From: "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.paintball
>
> guess who you will call on if your cuntree goes to war....
> AMERICA !!! dat's the way it is. so does Canada have a paintball team or
> does it just say it's proud. heehaw

I don't think so Tim, it takes Americans 2-3 years before joining in a
world war.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

07 Sep 2004 12:22:14
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] says...
> True, you constantly tollerate terrorists, which means you have the
> sweet deal of being the ones that they come for last.

"They" being a bunch of guys that are living and working in the USA
right now, just like last time.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

07 Sep 2004 18:08:25
Kristan Roberge

Insane Ranter wrote:

> "Rick Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > (Phelps <[email protected]> uttered:)
> > >
> > > True, you constantly tollerate terrorists, which means you have the
> > > sweet deal of being the ones that they come for last.
> >
> > On the other hand, one could argue that we're not the ones cultivating
> > them with our foreign policy.
> >

> Please try again.

ah... you're a republican

07 Sep 2004 14:54:43
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:4Cg%[email protected]
> > Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised
> country
> > on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.
>
> We are at war...

No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of our
current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered war, much
in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"LCT Paintball" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:P5i%[email protected]_s52...
> > Envy truly is the ugliest of the deadly sins, ain't it?
>
> I don't know, I've seen some pretty ugly glutons. ;)

*poke* *poke* I felt that, LCT, I did...

I guess the difference is that my gluttony only affects you if you come over
to my house. ;) Envy, on the other hand, is truly outward in it's
expression.

--

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
> says...
> > >
> > > That's what needs to be decided.. is it a sport or just simply a money
> > > making entertainment industry.
> >
> > Only reason any sport exists today is to be a money making entertainment
> > industry. Now whether the entertainment
> > is broadcast or not is a totally different issue.
> >

> I don't think that's why Lacross exists..

All sports exist in reality as entertainment, training for war, or to help
with the hunter instinct in the male

07 Sep 2004 18:50:14
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>, amargio1
> @san.rr.com says...
> > Subject: Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL
> > From: "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> > Newsgroups: rec.sport.paintball
> >
> > guess who you will call on if your cuntree goes to war....
> > AMERICA !!! dat's the way it is. so does Canada have a paintball team or
> > does it just say it's proud. heehaw
> >

> I don't think so Tim, it takes Americans 2-3 years before joining in a
> world war.

Yes yes and you have to get the Brits to drag you into it. You seriously
think you guys would jump right into another world war with the state your
policy is in now???

07 Sep 2004 18:50:41
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> > True, you constantly tollerate terrorists, which means you have the
> > sweet deal of being the ones that they come for last.
> >

> "They" being a bunch of guys that are living and working in the USA
> right now, just like last time.

Yup yuyp

07 Sep 2004 18:51:50
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Kristan Roberge" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Insane Ranter wrote:
>
> > "Rick Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > (Phelps <[email protected]> uttered:)

> > > On the other hand, one could argue that we're not the ones cultivating
> > > them with our foreign policy.
> > >

> > Please try again.
>
> ah... you're a republican

No I'm not you dorkus.
Go read the history of the middle east, etc etc... Do i really need to learn
you the information or are you gonna start spewing nonsense?

07 Sep 2004 18:52:43
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:4Cg%[email protected]
> > > Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised
> > country
> > > on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.
> >
> > We are at war...
>
> No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of our
> current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered war,
much
> in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.

What do you call that thing over in Iraq? A bridge game?

07 Sep 2004 18:53:12
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "LCT Paintball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:P5i%[email protected]_s52...
> > > Envy truly is the ugliest of the deadly sins, ain't it?
> >
> > I don't know, I've seen some pretty ugly glutons. ;)
>
> *poke* *poke* I felt that, LCT, I did...
>
> I guess the difference is that my gluttony only affects you if you come
over
> to my house. ;) Envy, on the other hand, is truly outward in it's
> expression.

Too many cheesypoofs?

07 Sep 2004 19:09:34
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:DWq%[email protected]
> What do you call that thing over in Iraq? A bridge game?

You're *KIDDING* me, right? Tell me you're not serious, please, I beg of
you.

While not as clearly decisive as "Desert Storm", neither this most recent
"conflict" nor that one are worthy of the title "war". When one side is so
utterly and completely dominant over the other, it is no longer a war. If
it were a war, there would be reasonable risk for both sides. I don't know
the casualty numbers for this most recent war, but the enemy inflicted
little more than 300 casualties during Desert Storm, to our 50K to 100K
DEATHS(not casualties) inflicted by the allied coalition. We might as well
have spent an afternoon stomping on an anthill for the comparison of
casualties... "oh no, I twisted my ankle stomping on ants!" Give me a
break.

What do I call that thing over in Iraq? I call it what it is: the big kid
on the block beating the shit out of the palooka little kid and taking his
lunch money. They had something, we wanted it, they wouldn't give it to us,
so we kicked their asses, plain and simple.

Honestly, I think the true measure of Saddam Hussein's insanity is his
unwillingness to simply give it up. He got the ever lovin piss kicked out
of him a decade ago, and now he's back for more??? Goddamn dude, just let
it go!

"The logic of war seems to be that if the belligerent can fight, he will
fight; that leaders will not surrender until surrender is academic. How is
a national leader to explain the sacrifice of so much for
othing?" --Ronald Reagan.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Phelps
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote:

> What do I call that thing over in Iraq? I call it what it is: the big kid
> on the block beating the shit out of the palooka little kid and taking his
> lunch money. They had something, we wanted it, they wouldn't give it to us,
> so we kicked their asses, plain and simple.

I guess you can take the Canadian out of Canada...

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
-- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

08 Sep 2004 00:36:18
Phelps
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote:

> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:4Cg%[email protected]
> > > Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised
> > country
> > > on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.
> >
> > We are at war...
>
> No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of our
> current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered war, much
> in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.

Historians have had no problem calling the war against the Barbary
Pirates a war. You would have been better off claiming that this wasn't
a war because Congress didn't declare war -- but then you would have
trouble explaining away Korea and Vietnam.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
-- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

07 Sep 2004 22:14:01
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:DWq%[email protected]
> > What do you call that thing over in Iraq? A bridge game?
>
> You're *KIDDING* me, right? Tell me you're not serious, please, I beg of
> you.

Who cares if one side can't back up it's crap... Actully you're right the
war ended like in 5 min.. Now it's just a mopping up action...

07 Sep 2004 22:16:29
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:4Cg%[email protected]
> > > country
> > >
> > > We are at war...
> >
> > No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of
our
> > current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered war,
much
> > in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.
>
> Historians have had no problem calling the war against the Barbary
> Pirates a war. You would have been better off claiming that this wasn't
> a war because Congress didn't declare war -- but then you would have
> trouble explaining away Korea and Vietnam.

Korea..gutless wonders would solve it.....Vietnam....tell the French it's
their trouble and to pull out or deal with it

08 Sep 2004 03:58:45
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:kTt%[email protected]
> Who cares if one side can't back up it's crap... Actully you're right the
> war ended like in 5 min.. Now it's just a mopping up action...

You were firmly on my side during the whole "assualt with a deadly paintball
gun" debacle, weren't you? ;)

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:kTt%[email protected]
> > Who cares if one side can't back up it's crap... Actully you're right
the
> > war ended like in 5 min.. Now it's just a mopping up action...
>
> You were firmly on my side during the whole "assualt with a deadly
paintball
> gun" debacle, weren't you? ;)

I was? I forget?

08 Sep 2004 11:39:23
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >, [email protected]
says...
> Subject: Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL
> From: "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.paintball
>
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:4Cg%[email protected]
> > > Why would we need to go to war? Its not like we're the most despised
> > country
> > > on the planet and the constant target of terrorists.
> >
> > We are at war...
>
> No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of our
> current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered war, much
> in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.

Besides, current policy is to declare war in words only in order to
circumvent the "rules of war".
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

08 Sep 2004 11:40:53
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <DWq%[email protected] >, [email protected]
says...
> Subject: Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL
> From: "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.paintball
>

> "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:4Cg%[email protected]
> > > country
> > >
> > > We are at war...
> >
> > No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of our
> > current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered war,
> much
> > in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.
> >

> What do you call that thing over in Iraq? A bridge game?

Police action or humanitarian assistance, I'm not sure what is
fashionable this week.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

08 Sep 2004 11:56:16
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] says...

> > No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of our
> > current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered war, much
> > in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.
>
> Historians have had no problem calling the war against the Barbary
> Pirates a war. You would have been better off claiming that this wasn't
> a war because Congress didn't declare war -- but then you would have
> trouble explaining away Korea and Vietnam.

If it was a "war", Bush & Co. would be looking at charges of war crimes
for all the (not)POWs that are currently being held in Iraq and Cuba and
the invasion of a nation without UN approval. Of course since the US is
not "occupying" the nation, that's ok.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

08 Sep 2004 14:37:23
Jeff Goslin
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> If it was a "war", Bush & Co. would be looking at charges of war crimes
> for all the (not)POWs that are currently being held in Iraq and Cuba and
> the invasion of a nation without UN approval. Of course since the US is
> not "occupying" the nation, that's ok.

Ha! That's a laugh! Come on, chief, you and I both know that the winning
side is never prosecuted for war crimes. The germans were the only ones to
commit war crimes in WW2 I guess, Stalin what whosaiddat? Last time I
checked, it wasn't so nice to slaughter 20 million of your own population.

Not to mention that it isn't exactly nice to vaporize 100K people, civilian
and military alike, in a single blast, something our president was more than
willing to do. Ostensibly this was to save lives, but had we lost the war,
you can be damn sure someone would be paying for that one, Oppenheimer,
maybe?

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
> says...
> > Subject: Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL
> > From: "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]>
> > Newsgroups: rec.sport.paintball
> >
> > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:4Cg%[email protected]
> > > country
> > >
> > > We are at war...
> >
> > No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of
our
> > current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered war,
much
> > in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.
> >

> Besides, current policy is to declare war in words only in order to
> circumvent the "rules of war".

Yeah those darn islamic radicals sure don't play fair

08 Sep 2004 21:54:03
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <DWq%[email protected]>, [email protected]
> says...
> > Subject: Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL
> > From: "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]>
> > Newsgroups: rec.sport.paintball
> >

> > "Jeff Goslin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:4Cg%[email protected]

> > > No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of
our
> > > current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered
war,
> > much
> > > in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.
> > >

> > What do you call that thing over in Iraq? A bridge game?
> >

> Police action or humanitarian assistance, I'm not sure what is
> fashionable this week.

Well we can't call it either since their aren't any Canadians there and that
what you guys are really great at... so umm.. Brawl?

08 Sep 2004 21:56:11
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> > >
> > > No, we are fighting, we are not at war. Given the nebulous nature of
our
> > > current terrorist opponents, it cannot realistically be considered
war, much
> > > in the same way a war on drugs isn't so much a war as it is a fight.
> >
> > Historians have had no problem calling the war against the Barbary
> > Pirates a war. You would have been better off claiming that this wasn't
> > a war because Congress didn't declare war -- but then you would have
> > trouble explaining away Korea and Vietnam.
> >

> If it was a "war", Bush & Co. would be looking at charges of war crimes
> for all the (not)POWs that are currently being held in Iraq and Cuba and
> the invasion of a nation without UN approval. Of course since the US is
> not "occupying" the nation, that's ok.

War crimes, no UN approval? There's a long list of countries that have done
stuff without UN approval... The UN isn't really anything but ok ideas on
paper anymore....

09 Sep 2004 11:53:00
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >, [email protected]
says...
> "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > If it was a "war", Bush & Co. would be looking at charges of war crimes
> > for all the (not)POWs that are currently being held in Iraq and Cuba and
> > the invasion of a nation without UN approval. Of course since the US is
> > not "occupying" the nation, that's ok.
>
> Ha! That's a laugh! Come on, chief, you and I both know that the winning
> side is never prosecuted for war crimes. The germans were the only ones to
> commit war crimes in WW2 I guess, Stalin what whosaiddat? Last time I
> checked, it wasn't so nice to slaughter 20 million of your own population.
>
> Not to mention that it isn't exactly nice to vaporize 100K people, civilian
> and military alike, in a single blast, something our president was more than
> willing to do. Ostensibly this was to save lives, but had we lost the war,
> you can be damn sure someone would be paying for that one, Oppenheimer,
> maybe?

No argument here, but all empires eventually fall and history doens't
forget.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

09 Sep 2004 11:54:11
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <qGO%[email protected] >, [email protected]
says...

> > Police action or humanitarian assistance, I'm not sure what is
> > fashionable this week.
>
> Well we can't call it either since their aren't any Canadians there and that
> what you guys are really great at... so umm.. Brawl?

You mean catching stray bullets from American pilots hopped up on
amphetamines? Yes, we are good at that, but the British are the reining
champions.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

09 Sep 2004 11:58:01
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <qIO%[email protected] >, [email protected]
says...
> > If it was a "war", Bush & Co. would be looking at charges of war crimes
> > for all the (not)POWs that are currently being held in Iraq and Cuba and
> > the invasion of a nation without UN approval. Of course since the US is
> > not "occupying" the nation, that's ok.
>
> War crimes, no UN approval? There's a long list of countries that have done
> stuff without UN approval... The UN isn't really anything but ok ideas on
> paper anymore....

Here's a smack with a CLUE-BY-4 for you. That long list of countries
you speak of, those are the NON-UN member terrorist states that the UN
was put together to defend against. You know, the countries that invade
other countries because they covet their resources or secretly
manipulate governments for finacial and strategic gain. Oh wait was I
talking about Iraq or the USA?
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

09 Sep 2004 19:29:36
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <qGO%[email protected]>, [email protected]
> says...
> > > >

> > > Police action or humanitarian assistance, I'm not sure what is
> > > fashionable this week.
> >
> > Well we can't call it either since their aren't any Canadians there and
that
> > what you guys are really great at... so umm.. Brawl?
> >

> You mean catching stray bullets from American pilots hopped up on
> amphetamines? Yes, we are good at that, but the British are the reining
> champions.

Something like that....

09 Sep 2004 19:42:42
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <qIO%[email protected]>, [email protected]
> says...
> > > If it was a "war", Bush & Co. would be looking at charges of war
crimes
> > > for all the (not)POWs that are currently being held in Iraq and Cuba
and
> > > the invasion of a nation without UN approval. Of course since the US
is
> > > not "occupying" the nation, that's ok.
> >
> > War crimes, no UN approval? There's a long list of countries that have
done
> > stuff without UN approval... The UN isn't really anything but ok ideas
on
> > paper anymore....
> >

> Here's a smack with a CLUE-BY-4 for you. That long list of countries
> you speak of, those are the NON-UN member terrorist states that the UN
> was put together to defend against. You know, the countries that invade
> other countries because they covet their resources or secretly
> manipulate governments for finacial and strategic gain. Oh wait was I
> talking about Iraq or the USA?

Last I check the USSR, China, France , etc etc. Were UN member states? Last
I check Iraq was also a UN member...

I was aware that Anquilla, Aruba, Bermunda, the British Virgin Islands, the
Caymans. Cook Islands, French Guiana and Polnesia, Guadeloupe, the Holy See,
Martinique, Montserrat, the Netherlands Antillies, New Caledonia, Puerto
Rico, and Reunion were terrorist states invading other countries blah
blah....

10 Sep 2004 02:31:33
Phelps
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
Chris Phillipo <[email protected] > wrote:

> You mean catching stray bullets from American pilots hopped up on
> amphetamines? Yes, we are good at that, but the British are the reining
> champions.

Actually, Americans are the best at it, better than even the British.
We just don't brag about it. Nut up and try harder, pussies.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
-- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

10 Sep 2004 02:32:22
Phelps
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
Chris Phillipo <[email protected] > wrote:

> In article <qIO%[email protected]>, [email protected]
> says...
> > > If it was a "war", Bush & Co. would be looking at charges of war crimes
> > > for all the (not)POWs that are currently being held in Iraq and Cuba and
> > > the invasion of a nation without UN approval. Of course since the US is
> > > not "occupying" the nation, that's ok.
> >
> > War crimes, no UN approval? There's a long list of countries that have done
> > stuff without UN approval... The UN isn't really anything but ok ideas on
> > paper anymore....
> >

> Here's a smack with a CLUE-BY-4 for you. That long list of countries
> you speak of, those are the NON-UN member terrorist states that the UN
> was put together to defend against. You know, the countries that invade
> other countries because they covet their resources or secretly
> manipulate governments for finacial and strategic gain. Oh wait was I
> talking about Iraq or the USA?

Here's a smack for you: there have been exactly TWO wars approved by
the UN -- Korea, and Desert Storm.

That's it. Oh, and who was leading the fighting in both of those
"legal" wars. Thaaaaaat's right.

That makes pretty much EVERY other war illegal under your theory
right? You can have your cluebat back. It is already back in your ass
where you keep it.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
-- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

10 Sep 2004 02:32:50
Phelps
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
Chris Phillipo <[email protected] > wrote:

> If it was a "war", Bush & Co. would be looking at charges of war crimes
> for all the (not)POWs that are currently being held in Iraq and Cuba and
> the invasion of a nation without UN approval. Of course since the US is
> not "occupying" the nation, that's ok.

The victorious country is never charged with war crimes.

Go ahead and check, we'll wait.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
-- Master Shake's Suicide Note, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

10 Sep 2004 10:56:44
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] says...
> Here's a smack for you: there have been exactly TWO wars approved by
> the UN -- Korea, and Desert Storm.

See that's why they call them UN PEACE KEEPERS and not USA WAR MONGERS.

> That's it. Oh, and who was leading the fighting in both of those
> "legal" wars. Thaaaaaat's right.

Iraq and North Korea.

> That makes pretty much EVERY other war illegal under your theory
> right?

Now you are getting it my simple friend. The UN was put in place to
stop bullshit dictators from invading other countries, not to invade
other countries and depose their leader. Did the UN every occupy North
Korea? How about Iraq? Nevermind, you probably can't find either on a
pink and blue CNN map.

--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

10 Sep 2004 10:58:54
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] says...

> The victorious country is never charged with war crimes.
>
> Go ahead and check, we'll wait.

You think the US has won in Iraq? Go ahead and check, but I'm not
waiting 10 years.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

11 Sep 2004 00:32:56
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Now you are getting it my simple friend. The UN was put in place to
> stop bullshit dictators from invading other countries, not to invade
> other countries and depose their leader. Did the UN every occupy North
> Korea? How about Iraq? Nevermind, you probably can't find either on a
> pink and blue CNN map.

Actully it setup the no fly zones in Iraq.. lets ee what else.. you wanna
know the UN has done??

11 Sep 2004 00:34:28
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> >
> > The victorious country is never charged with war crimes.
> >
> > Go ahead and check, we'll wait.
> >

> You think the US has won in Iraq? Go ahead and check, but I'm not
> waiting 10 years.

Then what ya gonna do then?s

11 Sep 2004 11:32:55
Chris Phillipo
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

In article <[email protected] >, [email protected]
says...
> "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Now you are getting it my simple friend. The UN was put in place to
> > stop bullshit dictators from invading other countries, not to invade
> > other countries and depose their leader. Did the UN every occupy North
> > Korea? How about Iraq? Nevermind, you probably can't find either on a
> > pink and blue CNN map.
>
> Actully it setup the no fly zones in Iraq.. lets ee what else.. you wanna
> know the UN has done??

Point? There's a no fly zone in Korea too, it's called South Korea.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

11 Sep 2004 15:57:57
Insane Ranter
Re: Full auto allowed in the NXL

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
> says...
> > "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Now you are getting it my simple friend. The UN was put in place to
> > > stop bullshit dictators from invading other countries, not to invade
> > > other countries and depose their leader. Did the UN every occupy
North
> > > Korea? How about Iraq? Nevermind, you probably can't find either on
> > > pink and blue CNN map.
> >
> > Actully it setup the no fly zones in Iraq.. lets ee what else.. you
wanna
> > know the UN has done??
> >

> Point? There's a no fly zone in Korea too, it's called South Korea.

You're suggesting now that South Korea is just occupied North Korea? Wow..