24 May 2004 12:45:12
Ayar15
Gauge my success

Would this work?

Say you don't have a pressure gauge on your marker, but you want to
know what your main reg is putting out.

Could you (successfully):

1. Dig out an old duckbill or other unneeded ASA

2. Screw a microgauge in where the macroline/braided hose used to go

3. Plug the other hole (if there is one)

4. Screw your regulator into the duckbill/ASA and gas it up

It would involve unscrewing the reg from the marker, obviously, but it
seems to me that the threads on the reg should just screw right into
the homemade ASA/duckbill/gauge device. Is there something I'm
missing here, or would it work?

Thanks!

Eric

24 May 2004 19:55:41
MathU41
Re: Gauge my success

That should work. It might be slightly off because of the tubing and whatnot,
but it should.

24 May 2004 13:58:18
Jose
Re: Gauge my success

You could do that, but how are you going to let off pressure so that as you
adjust, the system vents and re-pressurizes at the new setting? Are you
just going to attach it to a marker you can keep a hold of or stick the
duckbill in a vise? If so, be careful as you have a nifty little projectile
connected to a pressure source. I would think it a better idea to install a
reg. permanently.

Jose

"Ayar15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Would this work?
>
> Say you don't have a pressure gauge on your marker, but you want to
> know what your main reg is putting out.
>
> Could you (successfully):
>
> 1. Dig out an old duckbill or other unneeded ASA
>
> 2. Screw a microgauge in where the macroline/braided hose used to go
>
> 3. Plug the other hole (if there is one)
>
> 4. Screw your regulator into the duckbill/ASA and gas it up
>
> It would involve unscrewing the reg from the marker, obviously, but it
> seems to me that the threads on the reg should just screw right into
> the homemade ASA/duckbill/gauge device. Is there something I'm
> missing here, or would it work?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eric

24 May 2004 22:18:35
ayar-15
Re: Gauge my success

Honestly, I was just looking for a one-use kinda thing. Screw the reg in,
measure the pressure, screw the reg out. But you bring up a valid point
about venting after the fact. Perhaps if I used an on/off drop forward
instead of a duckbill?

"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You could do that, but how are you going to let off pressure so that as
you
> adjust, the system vents and re-pressurizes at the new setting? Are you
> just going to attach it to a marker you can keep a hold of or stick the
> duckbill in a vise? If so, be careful as you have a nifty little
projectile
> connected to a pressure source. I would think it a better idea to install
> reg. permanently.
>
> Jose
>
> "Ayar15" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Would this work?
> >
> > Say you don't have a pressure gauge on your marker, but you want to
> > know what your main reg is putting out.
> >
> > Could you (successfully):
> >
> > 1. Dig out an old duckbill or other unneeded ASA
> >
> > 2. Screw a microgauge in where the macroline/braided hose used to go
> >
> > 3. Plug the other hole (if there is one)
> >
> > 4. Screw your regulator into the duckbill/ASA and gas it up
> >
> > It would involve unscrewing the reg from the marker, obviously, but it
> > seems to me that the threads on the reg should just screw right into
> > the homemade ASA/duckbill/gauge device. Is there something I'm
> > missing here, or would it work?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Eric

24 May 2004 15:41:02
Jose
Re: Gauge my success

That would be a much better solution. You need to vent and then seal so the
regulator piston moves and re-sets at the new pressures. So the process
would be to connect everything and pressurize. Adjust, vent, seal and
check. Keep checking till it is where you want and then give it a few
opening/closing cycles to be sure it stays where you want.

Jose

"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:%[email protected]_s04...
> Honestly, I was just looking for a one-use kinda thing. Screw the reg in,
> measure the pressure, screw the reg out. But you bring up a valid point
> about venting after the fact. Perhaps if I used an on/off drop forward
> instead of a duckbill?
>

> "Jose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > You could do that, but how are you going to let off pressure so that as
> you
> > adjust, the system vents and re-pressurizes at the new setting? Are you
> > just going to attach it to a marker you can keep a hold of or stick the
> > duckbill in a vise? If so, be careful as you have a nifty little
> projectile
> > connected to a pressure source. I would think it a better idea to
install
> > reg. permanently.
> >
> > Jose
> >
> > "Ayar15" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Would this work?
> > >
> > > Say you don't have a pressure gauge on your marker, but you want to
> > > know what your main reg is putting out.
> > >
> > > Could you (successfully):
> > >
> > > 1. Dig out an old duckbill or other unneeded ASA
> > >
> > > 2. Screw a microgauge in where the macroline/braided hose used to go
> > >
> > > 3. Plug the other hole (if there is one)
> > >
> > > 4. Screw your regulator into the duckbill/ASA and gas it up
> > >
> > > It would involve unscrewing the reg from the marker, obviously, but it
> > > seems to me that the threads on the reg should just screw right into
> > > the homemade ASA/duckbill/gauge device. Is there something I'm
> > > missing here, or would it work?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Eric

24 May 2004 19:59:58
Tempest
Re: Gauge my success

"Ayar15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> It would involve unscrewing the reg from the marker, obviously, but it
> seems to me that the threads on the reg should just screw right into
> the homemade ASA/duckbill/gauge device. Is there something I'm
> missing here, or would it work?

Is this for the DM4? If it's working, then why bother? You can adjust the
LPR to a quantitative setting, leave it, and then adjust the Hyper-2 over
the chrono. Easy as pie.

25 May 2004 01:01:29
ayar-15
Re: Gauge my success

"Jose" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> That would be a much better solution. You need to vent and then seal so
the
> regulator piston moves and re-sets at the new pressures. So the process
> would be to connect everything and pressurize. Adjust, vent, seal and
> check. Keep checking till it is where you want and then give it a few
> opening/closing cycles to be sure it stays where you want.
>
> Jose

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Jose, you da man.

Thanks!

:-)

25 May 2004 01:06:00
ayar-15
Re: Gauge my success

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Is this for the DM4? If it's working, then why bother? You can adjust the
> LPR to a quantitative setting, leave it, and then adjust the Hyper-2 over
> the chrono. Easy as pie.

You're right. It was more out of curiosity than anything. That's why I
didn't want to blow any money on it; I had a gauge, an old duckbill, an
on/off and some teflon tape laying around. But I think I'm going to do it
just to see. And maybe I'll carry that little device in my toolbox. If I
ever need to know, I'll have it. And if I ever need a gauge, an old
duckbill, an on/off or some used, gummed up shredded teflon shavings,
they'll be easy to find.

:-)

P.S. Tonight the wife wants to try the DM4. If I can pry Phelps off of her
for five minutes.

25 May 2004 02:01:17
-=GriFter=-
Re: Gauge my success

Damn that Phelps! I thought it was my turn tonight!!!
--

-=GriFter=-

"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s01...

| "Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
| news:[email protected]
|
| > Is this for the DM4? If it's working, then why bother? You can adjust
the
| > LPR to a quantitative setting, leave it, and then adjust the Hyper-2
over
| > the chrono. Easy as pie.
| >

| You're right. It was more out of curiosity than anything. That's why I
| didn't want to blow any money on it; I had a gauge, an old duckbill, an
| on/off and some teflon tape laying around. But I think I'm going to do it
| just to see. And maybe I'll carry that little device in my toolbox. If I
| ever need to know, I'll have it. And if I ever need a gauge, an old
| duckbill, an on/off or some used, gummed up shredded teflon shavings,
| they'll be easy to find.
|
| :-)
|

| P.S. Tonight the wife wants to try the DM4. If I can pry Phelps off of
her
| for five minutes.

25 May 2004 03:42:17
ayar-15
Re: Gauge my success

"-=GriFter=-" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Damn that Phelps! I thought it was my turn tonight!!!
> --
>

> -=GriFter=-

You guys DO realize how humiliating it is to say this, don't you?

*ahem*

Mondays and Wednesdays from noon to midnight is Phelps.

Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to midnight, it's Grifter.

Fridays and Saturdays are open seating. Sundays are by appointment.

*sigh*

25 May 2004 03:44:01
Volt
Re: Gauge my success

Sundays are by appointment.

Which I've booked throught the year 2050.
--

Volt
www.liquimetal.com

26 May 2004 01:33:26
EdTheWard
Re: Gauge my success

"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s54...

> "-=GriFter=-" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Damn that Phelps! I thought it was my turn tonight!!!
> > --
> >

> > -=GriFter=-
> >

> You guys DO realize how humiliating it is to say this, don't you?
>
> *ahem*
>
> Mondays and Wednesdays from noon to midnight is Phelps.
>
> Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to midnight, it's Grifter.
>
> Fridays and Saturdays are open seating. Sundays are by appointment.
>
> *sigh*

I am SO tired of being "towel boy".

26 May 2004 01:42:46
Volt
Re: Gauge my success

I lend you one of my Sundays.
--

Volt
www.liquimetal.com
The search for truth is more precious than its possession.
- Albert Einstein

"EdTheWard" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "ayar-15" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s54...
> >

> > "-=GriFter=-" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Damn that Phelps! I thought it was my turn tonight!!!
> > > --
> > >

> > > -=GriFter=-
> > >

> > You guys DO realize how humiliating it is to say this, don't you?
> >
> > *ahem*
> >
> > Mondays and Wednesdays from noon to midnight is Phelps.
> >
> > Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to midnight, it's Grifter.
> >
> > Fridays and Saturdays are open seating. Sundays are by appointment.
> >
> > *sigh*
> >

> I am SO tired of being "towel boy".

26 May 2004 02:46:58
Phelps
Re: Gauge my success

In article <[email protected] >,
"EdTheWard" <[email protected] > wrote:

> I am SO tired of being "towel boy".

We have a towel boy? I've been using the curtains.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

26 May 2004 11:21:16
ayar-15
Re: Gauge my success

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "EdTheWard" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I am SO tired of being "towel boy".
>
> We have a towel boy? I've been using the curtains.

Yes, I've been meaning to speak to you about that. Please stop using the
curtains.

The reason you've never seen the towel boy is because he has Mondays and
Wednesdays off.

Soon, though, we're going to phase him out altogether with the introduction
of a coin-operated towel machine.

26 May 2004 11:22:42
ayar-15
Re: Gauge my success

"EdTheWard" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I am SO tired of being "towel boy".

Yes, EdTheWard, you have it SO rough. I am SO sorry you have to occasionally
dispense a towel or two while other people screw MY wife.

My heart truly goes out to you.

27 May 2004 00:44:25
Phelps
Re: Gauge my success

In article <M4%[email protected]_s01 >,
"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote:

> "Phelps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "EdTheWard" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > I am SO tired of being "towel boy".
> >
> > We have a towel boy? I've been using the curtains.
>

> Yes, I've been meaning to speak to you about that. Please stop using the
> curtains.
>
> The reason you've never seen the towel boy is because he has Mondays and
> Wednesdays off.
>
> Soon, though, we're going to phase him out altogether with the introduction
> of a coin-operated towel machine.

Like I have coins. You better get some more curtains. Soft ones.

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

28 May 2004 02:29:57
ayar-15
Re: Gauge my success

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <M4%[email protected]_s01>,

> Like I have coins. You better get some more curtains. Soft ones.

See, this is where I get to exercise my revenge. The Mrs. is so busy with
you guys, she won't notice if I redecorate with something scratchy, rough
and polyestery.

Enjoy, raw-dicks!

29 May 2004 07:06:50
Rick Scott
Re: Gauge my success

(ayar-15 <[email protected] > uttered:)
> Yes, EdTheWard, you have it SO rough. I am SO sorry you have to
> occasionally dispense a towel or two while other people screw MY wife.

WHAT? You guys have been SCREWING her? Shit! *We* spend all of our
time in ayar's bedroom talking about our feelings, gossiping about our
relationships, and watching reruns of Friends, Will & Grace, and
Gilmore Girls! (And occasionally we go for trips to the mall.)

...How *dare* she not tell me! *sniff* I'm confessing all of my
most profound secrets, and she's keeping a whopper like this under
wraps? *sob*

I'm going to get some Ben and Jerry's. Ayar, you can tell your
callous wife that I'm not sharing any with her until she starts to
appreciate the fact that *I* have feelings, too! (door slams)

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
...to exclude from one's love any entire group of human beings

29 May 2004 11:50:14
ayar-15
Re: Gauge my success

"Rick Scott" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> (ayar-15 <[email protected]> uttered:)
> > Yes, EdTheWard, you have it SO rough. I am SO sorry you have to
> > occasionally dispense a towel or two while other people screw MY wife.
>
> WHAT? You guys have been SCREWING her? Shit! *We* spend all of our
> time in ayar's bedroom talking about our feelings, gossiping about our
> relationships, and watching reruns of Friends, Will & Grace, and
> Gilmore Girls! (And occasionally we go for trips to the mall.)
>
> ...How *dare* she not tell me! *sniff* I'm confessing all of my
> most profound secrets, and she's keeping a whopper like this under
> wraps? *sob*
>
> I'm going to get some Ben and Jerry's. Ayar, you can tell your
> callous wife that I'm not sharing any with her until she starts to
> appreciate the fact that *I* have feelings, too! (door slams)

She speaks very highly of you, Rick. You're the "sensitive guy friend" that
many women hold so dear. Also known as "The Eunuch". That's why you're the
only one (that I know of) who has a house key.

:-)

29 May 2004 15:23:39
Phelps
Re: Gauge my success

In article <[email protected]_s02 >,
"ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote:

> She speaks very highly of you, Rick. You're the "sensitive guy friend" that
> many women hold so dear. Also known as "The Eunuch". That's why you're the
> only one (that I know of) who has a house key.

I got my own house key.

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=5704&tabID=137

--
Phelps <http://www.donotremove.netcolor=#0000FF> >
"You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space Ghost

29 May 2004 17:23:23
Volt
Re: Gauge my success

I've been using the window. I'm not sure why because when I come in through
the living room window Ayar always says "Hi" and offers me a beer.
--

Volt
www.liquimetal.com
The search for truth is more precious than its possession.
- Albert Einstein

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]_s02>,
> "ayar-15" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > She speaks very highly of you, Rick. You're the "sensitive guy friend"
that
> > many women hold so dear. Also known as "The Eunuch". That's why you're
the
> > only one (that I know of) who has a house key.
>
> I got my own house key.
>
> http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=5704&tabID=137
>
> --
> Phelps <http://www.donotremove.net>
> "You better slap a muzzle on that scaled down piece of evil." -- Space
Ghost

30 May 2004 01:09:11
Rick Scott
Re: Gauge my success

(Volt <[email protected] > uttered:)
> I've been using the window. I'm not sure why because when I come in
> through the living room window Ayar always says "Hi" and offers me a
> beer.

Probably because he finds your using the window preferable to your
taking Phelps' approach. Less wear and tear on the house.

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
What is written without effort is read without pleasure.