14 Nov 2007 19:02:48
Big Habeeb
Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

So I'm just now starting to get back into paintball after a decent
break while I finished my scuba certs and whatnot...and I am
completely lost. I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase an e-
gun of some kind...but my lord, there are 8 million choices, new since
I stopped playing, seemingly from smartparts alone!

Any tips? Whats the 'hot' gun these days?

Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)

14 Nov 2007 12:23:07
BEEFJERKYHUNTER
Re: Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

On Nov 14, 12:02 pm, Big Habeeb <[email protected] > wrote:
> So I'm just now starting to get back into paintball after a decent
> break while I finished my scuba certs and whatnot...and I am
> completely lost. I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase an e-
> gun of some kind...but my lord, there are 8 million choices, new since
> I stopped playing, seemingly from smartparts alone!
>
> Any tips? Whats the 'hot' gun these days?
>
> Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)

If you play speedball I'd find a Smart Parts Ion package on ebay.
The Ion is a great speedball and has gone down in price which makes it
a great bite.
Also the packages on ebay aren't so bad.

14 Nov 2007 21:39:04
LCT Products Inc.
Re: Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

"BEEFJERKYHUNTER" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Nov 14, 12:02 pm, Big Habeeb <[email protected]> wrote:
>> So I'm just now starting to get back into paintball after a decent
>> break while I finished my scuba certs and whatnot...and I am
>> completely lost. I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase an e-
>> gun of some kind...but my lord, there are 8 million choices, new since
>> I stopped playing, seemingly from smartparts alone!
>>
>> Any tips? Whats the 'hot' gun these days?
>>
>> Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
>
> If you play speedball I'd find a Smart Parts Ion package on ebay.
> The Ion is a great speedball and has gone down in price which makes it
> a great bite.
> Also the packages on ebay aren't so bad.

Mitch has been around a while. I don't think he's looking for entry level.
Tony, What's the latest DM? ;)

14 Nov 2007 22:18:16
Big Habeeb

On Nov 14, 3:23 pm, BEEFJERKYHUNTER <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Nov 14, 12:02 pm, Big Habeeb <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > So I'm just now starting to get back into paintball after a decent
> > break while I finished my scuba certs and whatnot...and I am
> > completely lost. I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase an e-
> > gun of some kind...but my lord, there are 8 million choices, new since
> > I stopped playing, seemingly from smartparts alone!
>
> > Any tips? Whats the 'hot' gun these days?
>
> > Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
>
> If you play speedball I'd find a Smart Parts Ion package on ebay.
> The Ion is a great speedball and has gone down in price which makes it
> a great bite.
> Also the packages on ebay aren't so bad.

Beef - I appreciate the feedback...I'm looking for something with a
little more 'oomph'. I've been around for a minute or two, and don't
mind spending a buck or two if it's for something good...my current
baby is an eclipse cocker (which, I might add, I still freakin
love)...but time has somewhat passed her by, and despite my great
hopes, I don't see the game going back to the more civilized time when
electropneumatic was for spray and pray pansies only.

If it were up to me, we'd all still be toting phantoms.

Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)

15 Nov 2007 15:03:45

On Nov 14, 3:18 pm, Big Habeeb <[email protected] > wrote:
> On Nov 14, 3:23 pm, BEEFJERKYHUNTER <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 14, 12:02 pm, Big Habeeb <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > So I'm just now starting to get back into paintball after a decent
> > > break while I finished my scuba certs and whatnot...and I am
> > > completely lost. I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase an e-
> > > gun of some kind...but my lord, there are 8 million choices, new since
> > > I stopped playing, seemingly from smartparts alone!
>
> > > Any tips? Whats the 'hot' gun these days?
>
> > > Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)
>
> > If you play speedball I'd find a Smart Parts Ion package on ebay.
> > The Ion is a great speedball and has gone down in price which makes it
> > a great bite.
> > Also the packages on ebay aren't so bad.
>
> Beef - I appreciate the feedback...I'm looking for something with a
> little more 'oomph'. I've been around for a minute or two, and don't
> mind spending a buck or two if it's for something good...my current
> baby is an eclipse cocker (which, I might add, I still freakin
> love)...but time has somewhat passed her by, and despite my great
> hopes, I don't see the game going back to the more civilized time when
> electropneumatic was for spray and pray pansies only.
>
> If it were up to me, we'd all still be toting phantoms.
>
> Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)

Get a DM5? lol

15 Nov 2007 18:25:43
TONY SR.
Re: Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

you can buy a dm7 Ironmen edition engraved from my son at a decent price for
what it is. Mitch you know he is one of the Ironmen ?
"Big Habeeb" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> So I'm just now starting to get back into paintball after a decent
> break while I finished my scuba certs and whatnot...and I am
> completely lost. I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase an e-
> gun of some kind...but my lord, there are 8 million choices, new since
> I stopped playing, seemingly from smartparts alone!
>
> Any tips? Whats the 'hot' gun these days?
>
> Big Habeeb (a.k.a. Mitch)

16 Nov 2007 06:11:04
Big Habeeb

On Nov 15, 9:25 pm, "TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote:
> you can buy a dm7 Ironmen edition engraved from my son at a decent price for
> what it is. Mitch you know he is one of the Ironmen ?"Big Habeeb" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Tony,
Yeah I seem to recall reading something about that. Hrm....a DM7 eh?
I dunno...I hear those Ironmen cheat alot, especially that Tony jr
guy.

All joking aside, I'm seriously in a pickle on this...if it were up to
me, I'd still like to track down my old turbo shocker with AA board ;)

Mitch

16 Nov 2007 19:47:35
DeathX
Re: Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

The hot speedball markers these days are the Eclipse Ego, DP Fusion, Invert
Mini, and a lot of people love the new Shockers.

I'd go with the Ego.

16 Nov 2007 20:34:27
TONY SR.
Re: Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

just to set the record straight...Ironmen just won world cup and NXL series
championship...but the dm7's they use are only one of the reasons for the
wins...they have skill and the gun does not...so how you use the gun is key
factor...my son's guns are really nice with virtue board and set
perfectly...good gun to own.
"DeathX" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> The hot speedball markers these days are the Eclipse Ego, DP Fusion,
> Invert
> Mini, and a lot of people love the new Shockers.
>
> I'd go with the Ego.

17 Nov 2007 22:37:16
Fred
Re: Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:02:48 -0000, Big Habeeb
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Any tips? Whats the 'hot' gun these days?

INVERT MINI

19 Nov 2007 14:52:35
DeathX
Re: Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

I'm not sure what your point is. I was listing some markers that are
currently popular. I know the Dye markers are good quality markers. I have
a DM6. I'm not saying anything derogatory about the DM7. These markers,
other than the high end Egos are priced much lower than the Dye.
The fact is more pro players in almost every league use Shockers followed by
Egos than anything other marker.
Also, I have a heavily upgraded SP Ion that performs just as well as most
high end markers.

On 16-Nov-2007, "TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote:

> just to set the record straight...Ironmen just won world cup and NXL
> series
> championship...but the dm7's they use are only one of the reasons for the
> wins...they have skill and the gun does not...so how you use the gun is
> key
> factor...my son's guns are really nice with virtue board and set
> perfectly...good gun to own.
> "DeathX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > The hot speedball markers these days are the Eclipse Ego, DP Fusion,
> > Invert
> > Mini, and a lot of people love the new Shockers.
> >
> > I'd go with the Ego.

19 Nov 2007 11:54:29
Big Habeeb

On Nov 19, 9:52 am, "DeathX" <[email protected] > wrote:
> I'm not sure what your point is. I was listing some markers that are
> currently popular. I know the Dye markers are good quality markers. I have
> a DM6. I'm not saying anything derogatory about the DM7. These markers,
> other than the high end Egos are priced much lower than the Dye.
> The fact is more pro players in almost every league use Shockers followed by
> Egos than anything other marker.
> Also, I have a heavily upgraded SP Ion that performs just as well as most
> high end markers.
>
> On 16-Nov-2007, "TONY SR." <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > just to set the record straight...Ironmen just won world cup and NXL
> > series
> > championship...but the dm7's they use are only one of the reasons for the
> > wins...they have skill and the gun does not...so how you use the gun is
> > key
> > factor...my son's guns are really nice with virtue board and set
> > perfectly...good gun to own.
> > "DeathX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]
> > > The hot speedball markers these days are the Eclipse Ego, DP Fusion,
> > > Invert
> > > Mini, and a lot of people love the new Shockers.
>
> > > I'd go with the Ego.- Hide quoted text -

DeathX,
Pro players are tendy as hell based on what sponsors are out there.
Up until the last couple of years, cockers still ruled the roost...and
I have to admit, I'm real sad to see that trend change, as I still
love my eclipse more than any other gun I've owned. Just because the
pros use em, doesnt mean they're the best guns. My team, back in the
day, had an associate sponsorship with WDP...as such, we were all
required to use angels. We wound up dropping the sponsorship because
a couple of us refused to drop our cockers and shockers...its all
about showing you the money as a pro...fortunately as an amature, I
didn't have that much at risk :p
Mitch

19 Nov 2007 14:06:25
TONY SR.
Re: Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

and what do the world champions use...also what do the world cup pro winners
use ??
"DeathX" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I'm not sure what your point is. I was listing some markers that are
> currently popular. I know the Dye markers are good quality markers. I
> have
> a DM6. I'm not saying anything derogatory about the DM7. These markers,
> other than the high end Egos are priced much lower than the Dye.
> The fact is more pro players in almost every league use Shockers followed
> by
> Egos than anything other marker.
> Also, I have a heavily upgraded SP Ion that performs just as well as most
> high end markers.
>
> On 16-Nov-2007, "TONY SR." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> just to set the record straight...Ironmen just won world cup and NXL
>> series
>> championship...but the dm7's they use are only one of the reasons for the
>> wins...they have skill and the gun does not...so how you use the gun is
>> key
>> factor...my son's guns are really nice with virtue board and set
>> perfectly...good gun to own.
>> "DeathX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > The hot speedball markers these days are the Eclipse Ego, DP Fusion,
>> > Invert
>> > Mini, and a lot of people love the new Shockers.
>> >
>> > I'd go with the Ego.

19 Nov 2007 19:05:58
T. Greening

TONY SR. wrote:
> and what do the world champions use...also what do the world cup pro winners
> use ??

Whatever the sponsor with the best deal tells them to use.

20 Nov 2007 01:56:53
TONY SR.
Re: Getting back into the game...and what the hell???

not when your an Ironmen factory team member...the pay is more than any
other sponsor would give...the guns are a small part of the whole deal...get
good first and see if you can cut the mustard...than talk about what teams
use.
remember all i said what do the world champions use...also what do the world
cup pro winners use and you come in here with that stuff...come on Thomas
forget the past....

"T. Greening" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> TONY SR. wrote:
>> and what do the world champions use...also what do the world cup pro
>> winners use ??
>

> Whatever the sponsor with the best deal tells them to use.

20 Nov 2007 14:20:31

On Nov 20, 2:56 am, "TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote:
> not when your an Ironmen factory team member...the pay is more than any
> other sponsor would give...the guns are a small part of the whole deal...get
> good first and see if you can cut the mustard...than talk about what teams
> use.
> remember all i said what do the world champions use...also what do the world
> cup pro winners use and you come in here with that stuff...come on Thomas
> forget the past....
>
> "T. Greening" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> > TONY SR. wrote:
> >> and what do the world champions use...also what do the world cup pro
> >> winners use ??
>
> > Whatever the sponsor with the best deal tells them to use.

I wish I was sponsored... though it'd drop quickly because I don't
have that much time to play paintball.