20 Jul 2004 02:11:49
moe
Is it a sport

Is this a sport? Never saw it in the olympics. Maybe this year

Cheers,

Moe

[email protected]

20 Jul 2004 09:49:51
MathU41
Re: Is it a sport

>Is this a sport? Never saw it in the olympics. Maybe this year

Maybe sometime in the future. Olympics or not, it's more of a sport than that
'shuffling' crap. :P

20 Jul 2004 06:54:46
Jeff Goslin
Re: Is it a sport

Olympic status isn't what makes something a sport. Hunting. Golf(?)

I'd hate to see olympic paintball. Then the whole world could give us a
cheating black eye, rather than just paintballers looking inwards at
themselves...

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"moe" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Is this a sport? Never saw it in the olympics. Maybe this year
>
> Cheers,
>
> Moe
>

> [email protected]

20 Jul 2004 16:09:32
Jon C
Re: Is it a sport

moe wrote:

> Is this a sport? Never saw it in the olympics. Maybe this year
>
> Cheers,
>
> Moe
>

> [email protected]

It's a recreational sport. So are gym hockey and hide and go seek. So are
rock climbing and caving.

20 Jul 2004 18:20:01
Destiny Publications
Re: Is it a sport

If bowling and golf can be classed as a sport. Then paintball must be on the
list. :-)

20 Jul 2004 18:48:48
John
Re: Is it a sport

Moe is just mad cause he probally got bunkered this weekend.

--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

21 Jul 2004 00:49:34
Jon C
Re: Is it a sport

Jeff Goslin wrote:

> Olympic status isn't what makes something a sport. Hunting. Golf(?)
>
> I'd hate to see olympic paintball. Then the whole world could give us a
> cheating black eye, rather than just paintballers looking inwards at
> themselves...

If paintball ever became a legitimate spectator sport, the cheating
would disappear almost instantly. First guy who got suspended for a few
weeks after being seen cheating on camera during the game would be a
hell of an example.

21 Jul 2004 01:16:55
ayar-15
Re: Is it a sport

"Jon C" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Jeff Goslin wrote:
>
> > Olympic status isn't what makes something a sport. Hunting. Golf(?)
> >
> > I'd hate to see olympic paintball. Then the whole world could give us a
> > cheating black eye, rather than just paintballers looking inwards at
> > themselves...
> >

> If paintball ever became a legitimate spectator sport, the cheating
> would disappear almost instantly. First guy who got suspended for a few
> weeks after being seen cheating on camera during the game would be a
> hell of an example.

And what cameras there would be! The Olympics uses the latest in sports
camera technology, so you'd be covered from pretty much any angle.

My favorite Olympic "cam" is the one that follows each speedskater, keeping
them full frame during their entire run.

20 Jul 2004 22:59:18
Insane Ranter
Re: Is it a sport

Crap the East German judge gave you an 5.5 and you failed to win the Bronze
in Trolling...

21 Jul 2004 04:52:48
Jeff Goslin
Re: Is it a sport

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Crap the East German judge gave you an 5.5 and you failed to win the
Bronze
> in Trolling...

Is that a figure skating grade or what?

--

On 20-Jul-2004, "ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote:

> My favorite Olympic "cam" is the one that follows each speedskater,
> keeping
> them full frame during their entire run.

In the event that PB is the next big thing at the Olympics, let me be the
first to call this this Camera, 'The Wiper Cam'
--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

21 Jul 2004 14:43:01
John
Re: Is it a sport

On 20-Jul-2004, "ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote:

> My favorite Olympic "cam" is the one that follows each speedskater,
> keeping
> them full frame during their entire run.

In the event that PB is the next big thing at the Olympics, let me be the
first to call this this Camera, 'The Wiper Cam'
--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

21 Jul 2004 14:43:01
John
Re: Is it a sport

On 20-Jul-2004, "ayar-15" <[email protected] > wrote:

> My favorite Olympic "cam" is the one that follows each speedskater,
> keeping
> them full frame during their entire run.

In the event that PB is the next big thing at the Olympics, let me be the
first to call this this Camera, 'The Wiper Cam'
--
John TI2#003
[email protected]

21 Jul 2004 15:36:04
Insane Ranter
Re: Is it a sport

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Crap the East German judge gave you an 5.5 and you failed to win the
> Bronze
> > in Trolling...
>
> Is that a figure skating grade or what?

Whatever you want it to be Jeff