22 Dec 2005 12:08:03
BEEFJERKYHUNTER
Just for a little fun

I've had this for a while now
and i think it's pretty funny =D
so i wanna share it :)
Hope you guys like it

***
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO'S COMPUTER CONVERSATION

You have to be old enough
to remember Abbott and Costello, and too old to REALLY understand
computers, to fully appreciate this. For those of us who sometimes get
flustered by our computers, please read on...

If Bud Abbott and Lou Costello were alive today, their infamous sketch,
"Who's on first?" might have turned out something like this:

COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?
COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking
about buying a computer.
ABBOTT: Mac?
COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.
ABBOTT: Your computer?
COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.
ABBOTT: Mac?
COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.
ABBOTT: What about Windows?
COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?
ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?
COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?
ABBOTT: Wallpaper.
COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.
ABBOTT: Software for Windows?
COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write
proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?
ABBOTT: Office.
COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?
ABBOTT: I just did.
COSTELLO: You just did what?
ABBOTT: Recommend something.
COSTELLO: You recommended something?
ABBOTT: Yes.
COSTELLO: For my office?
ABBOTT: Yes.
COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?
ABBOTT: Office.
COSTELLO: Yes, for my office!
ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows.
COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm
sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?
ABBOTT: Word.
COSTELLO: What word?
ABBOTT: Word in Office.
COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.
ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.
COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?
ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue "W".
COSTELLO: I'm going to click your blue "w" if you don't start with some
straight answers. OK, forget that. Can I watch movies on the Internet?
ABBOTT: Yes, you want Real One.
COSTELLO: Maybe a real one, maybe a cartoon. What I watch is none of
your business. Just tell me what I need!
ABBOTT: Real One.
COSTELLO: If it's a long movie, I also want to watch reels 2, 3 and 4.
Can I watch them?
ABBOTT: Of course.
COSTELLO: Great! With what?
ABBOTT: Real One.
COSTELLO: OK, I'm at my computer and I want to watch a movie. What do I
do?
ABBOTT: You click the blue "1".
COSTELLO: I click the blue one what?
ABBOTT: The blue "1".
COSTELLO: Is that different from the blue w?
ABBOTT: The blue "1" is Real One and the blue "W" is Word.
COSTELLO: What word?
ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.
COSTELLO: But there are three words in "office for windows"!
ABBOTT: No, just one. But it's the most popular Word in the world.
COSTELLO: It is?
ABBOTT: Yes, but to be fair, there aren't many other Words left. It
pretty much wiped out all the other Words out there.
COSTELLO: And that word is real one?
ABBOTT: Real One has nothing to do with Word. Real One isn't even part
of Office.
COSTELLO: STOP! Don't start that again. What about financial
bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?
ABBOTT: Money.
COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?
ABBOTT: Money.
COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?
ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.
COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?
ABBOTT: Money.
COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?
ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.
COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?
ABBOTT: One copy.
COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?
ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.
COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?
ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

(A few days later)

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?
COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?
ABBOTT: Click on "START".......

02 Jan 2006 11:06:50
BEEFJERKYHUNTER
Re: Just for a little fun

aaaw you no likey? =(

BEEFJERKYHUNTER wrote:
> [...]
> bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?
> ABBOTT: Money.
> COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?
> ABBOTT: Money.
> COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?
> ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.
> COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?
> ABBOTT: Money.
> COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?
> ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.
> COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?
> ABBOTT: One copy.
> COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?
> ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.
> COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?
> ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!
>
> (A few days later)
>
> ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?
> COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?

02 Jan 2006 12:10:30
Tony Sr.
Re: Just for a little fun

I don't because i grew up with abbott & costello and the original is always
the best...
"BEEFJERKYHUNTER" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [...]
> > bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?
> > ABBOTT: Money.
> > COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?
> > ABBOTT: Money.
> > COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?
> > ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.
> > COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?
> > ABBOTT: Money.
> > COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?
> > ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.
> > COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?
> > ABBOTT: One copy.
> > COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?
> > ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.
> > COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?
> > ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!
> >
> > (A few days later)
> >
> > ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?
> > COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?

02 Jan 2006 18:22:01
Hardtime
Re: Just for a little fun

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:10:30 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected] >
wrote:

>I don't because i grew up with abbott & costello and the original is always
>the best...

I have a several of their movies. Besides Jackie Chan they are only
other actors that almost always did their own stunts and actually did
them.

Quite a few of their movies have been converted to DVD now.

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

02 Jan 2006 15:34:56
Tony Sr.
Re: Just for a little fun

thx HT, i will look for a couple dvd's from those two. ;-)
"Hardtime" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:10:30 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I don't because i grew up with abbott & costello and the original is
always
> >the best...
>

> I have a several of their movies. Besides Jackie Chan they are only
> other actors that almost always did their own stunts and actually did
> them.
>
> Quite a few of their movies have been converted to DVD now.
>

> Hardtime
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

02 Jan 2006 20:17:38
Hardtime
Re: Just for a little fun

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 15:34:56 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected] >
wrote:

>thx HT, i will look for a couple dvd's from those two. ;-)

Try this location with free shipping and good prices on all the old
movies:

http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=abbott+%26+costello&search.x=56&search.y=9

>"Hardtime" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:10:30 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I don't because i grew up with abbott & costello and the original is
>always
>> >the best...
>>

>> I have a several of their movies. Besides Jackie Chan they are only
>> other actors that almost always did their own stunts and actually did
>> them.
>>
>> Quite a few of their movies have been converted to DVD now.
>>

>> Hardtime
>>
>> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

Hardtime

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

02 Jan 2006 18:52:20
Tony Sr.
Re: Just for a little fun

perfect hardtime...thx plenty
"Hardtime" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 15:34:56 -0800, "Tony Sr." <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >thx HT, i will look for a couple dvd's from those two. ;-)
>
> Try this location with free shipping and good prices on all the old
> movies:

http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=abbott+%26+costello&search.x=56&search.y=9

> >"Hardtime" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]

> >always
> >>

> >> I have a several of their movies. Besides Jackie Chan they are only
> >> other actors that almost always did their own stunts and actually did
> >> them.
> >>
> >> Quite a few of their movies have been converted to DVD now.
> >>

> >> Hardtime
> >>
> >> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88
> >

> Hardtime
>
> http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88