19 Jul 2004 18:12:24
David Hulsey
Looking for a club/team

Hello all.

I have found this newsgroup in a fit of desparation. I hope someone here
can help me.

I live in the NW Atlanta metro area (Cartersville to be exact). I have been
playing 'mil-sim' woods ball with a group of a dozen or so guys for three
years now. I have never played on a field, nor have I played in a
tournament or scenario game (although the scenario games look like a lot of
fun, and pretty close to the style of play I enjoy now). Of late, fewer and
fewer of our 'core' players have not been playing. We actually started a
club (named the Paintball Militia) with the intent of attracting 'new
blood'. Not only did this fail, but our 'core' people continued to drop
out. Our fledgling club is now defunct, and I want to be a part of
something similiar to what we were building. Does anyone know of a club, or
a team in this geographic area that is taking new members? I have checked
Warpig's links, and the prospects that I did find, seem to be inactive
themselves. Any ideas? Help!!!

"Disco"

19 Jul 2004 22:10:32
Insane Ranter
Re: Looking for a club/team

"David Hulsey" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hello all.
>
> I have found this newsgroup in a fit of desparation. I hope someone here
> can help me.
>
> I live in the NW Atlanta metro area (Cartersville to be exact). I have
been
> playing 'mil-sim' woods ball with a group of a dozen or so guys for three
> years now. I have never played on a field, nor have I played in a
> tournament or scenario game (although the scenario games look like a lot
of
> fun, and pretty close to the style of play I enjoy now). Of late, fewer
and
> fewer of our 'core' players have not been playing. We actually started a
> club (named the Paintball Militia) with the intent of attracting 'new
> blood'. Not only did this fail, but our 'core' people continued to drop
> out. Our fledgling club is now defunct, and I want to be a part of
> something similiar to what we were building. Does anyone know of a club,
or
> a team in this geographic area that is taking new members? I have checked
> Warpig's links, and the prospects that I did find, seem to be inactive
> themselves. Any ideas? Help!!!
>
> "Disco"

Here's where I play when I play....

http://www.apbfields.com/default2.htm

It's in Acworth but it's a start...

19 Jul 2004 22:36:30
Tempest
Re: Looking for a club/team

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:75%[email protected]
> Here's where I play when I play....
>
> http://www.apbfields.com/default2.htm
>
> It's in Acworth but it's a start...

Arkenstone is the biggest ripoff on the planet.

Try Ultimate, or if you must stick to woodsball, try Carnage. Both are in
the general vicinity north of Atlanta.

19 Jul 2004 23:15:42
Insane Ranter
Re: Looking for a club/team

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:75%[email protected]
> > Here's where I play when I play....
> >
> > http://www.apbfields.com/default2.htm
> >
> > It's in Acworth but it's a start...
>
> Arkenstone is the biggest ripoff on the planet.
>
> Try Ultimate, or if you must stick to woodsball, try Carnage. Both are in
> the general vicinity north of Atlanta.

Well there ya go. Self serving ad huh?

19 Jul 2004 23:32:41
Insane Ranter
Re: Looking for a club/team

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Tempest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:75%[email protected]
> > > Here's where I play when I play....
> > >
> > > http://www.apbfields.com/default2.htm
> > >
> > > It's in Acworth but it's a start...
> >
> > Arkenstone is the biggest ripoff on the planet.
> >
> > Try Ultimate, or if you must stick to woodsball, try Carnage. Both are
in
> > the general vicinity north of Atlanta.
> >

> Well there ya go. Self serving ad huh?

Lets see here.....

Looking at prices there isn't a big deal of difference.....in Ultimate and
Arkenstone...

Arkenstone/Acworth is closer to me than Ultimate/Canton.... gas makes the
difference to me.....

Arkenstone doesn't have cookie cutter speed fields...

Carnage never been.... so can't say..

20 Jul 2004 03:20:37
Jeff Goslin
Re: Looking for a club/team

Not to point out the obvious, but maybe, just maybe, you'll find new
paintball players at a paintball "field"... might want to try looking there
first. Just a thought.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"David Hulsey" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hello all.
>
> I have found this newsgroup in a fit of desparation. I hope someone here
> can help me.
>
> I live in the NW Atlanta metro area (Cartersville to be exact). I have
been
> playing 'mil-sim' woods ball with a group of a dozen or so guys for three
> years now. I have never played on a field, nor have I played in a
> tournament or scenario game (although the scenario games look like a lot
of
> fun, and pretty close to the style of play I enjoy now). Of late, fewer
and
> fewer of our 'core' players have not been playing. We actually started a
> club (named the Paintball Militia) with the intent of attracting 'new
> blood'. Not only did this fail, but our 'core' people continued to drop
> out. Our fledgling club is now defunct, and I want to be a part of
> something similiar to what we were building. Does anyone know of a club,
or
> a team in this geographic area that is taking new members? I have checked
> Warpig's links, and the prospects that I did find, seem to be inactive
> themselves. Any ideas? Help!!!
>
> "Disco"

20 Jul 2004 05:10:40
Tempest
Re: Looking for a club/team

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:8i0Lc.2291$%[email protected]
> Looking at prices there isn't a big deal of difference.....in Ultimate and
> Arkenstone...

If you're looking at Ultimate's site, it's been updated since then. Call for
current prices. But I assure you, they don't charge the $90/case premium
$70/case "economy" that Arkenstone charges (on top of the $12/10 field fee +
air fee). I've never met anyone (Mike Lanier) so focused on *screwing people
over* in my life.

> Arkenstone/Acworth is closer to me than Ultimate/Canton.... gas makes
the
> difference to me.....

Man you must have one hell of an inefficient car.

> Arkenstone doesn't have cookie cutter speed fields...

You mean perfectly flat, clean, soft grass fields, with Hyperball, Spools,
Mounds, and 3 airball? Not to mention enough covered benches for everyone.
And Ted and Jim are two of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

> Carnage never been.... so can't say..

Well check it out. Steve is incredible. His prices can't be beat, and has
very Arkenstone-like fields.

20 Jul 2004 06:47:31
David Hulsey
Re: Looking for a club/team

"Tempest" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:75%[email protected]
> > Here's where I play when I play....
> >
> > http://www.apbfields.com/default2.htm
> >
> > It's in Acworth but it's a start...
>
> Arkenstone is the biggest ripoff on the planet.
>
> Try Ultimate, or if you must stick to woodsball, try Carnage. Both are in
> the general vicinity north of Atlanta.

I'm not 'hung' up on Woodsball, but I have enjoyed it thouroughly, and why
abandon something you enjoy? I'm open to trying new things though. Where
is this 'Carnage'? Do they have a web site?

20 Jul 2004 08:33:57

http://www.carnagepaintball.com/